Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 216, Nero Cain wrote:kinda feel like scum are

urap
teacher
dp
Kinda feel like you’ve been in tunnels most of the day. Rereading your iso I have no idea who you town. Can you speak on that?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

everyone thats not you 3?

all though im not as sold on flub and skitter
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by teacher »

Why is deanius town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like he's scum's last-minute designated ML and I remember liking some of his posts.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by teacher »

And why am I scum now? Yes, I get I took sun-Tuesday essentially off. But what you’re saying is that you nailed the whole scumread in the first 200 posts and the following 700 don’t really matter or confirm it.

Have you ever actually solved a full game that early? I know for sure I have tried, but have never actually done so.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by teacher »

Seriously, give me a weighted board read - who do you fully town? Who do you only lean? Etc. that dodge of an answer simply preserves your flexibility.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 903, Nero Cain wrote:I feel like he's scum's last-minute designated ML and I remember liking some of his posts.
What about the deadline being seven days away makes this feel “last minute”???
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why can't I nail the who scumteam in the first 200 posts?

I think I usually have some fairly accurate early reads

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 907, Nero Cain wrote:Why can't I nail the who scumteam in the first 200 posts?

I think I usually have some fairly accurate early reads
Nothing says you can’t. Except my experience trying.

If you’ve done it, link.

If you haven’t, why not also try to help town find town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 905, teacher wrote:that dodge of an answer simply preserves your flexibility.
What happened to you strong town reading me b/c this like giving yourself a chance to vote me whenever I become a viable ML.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by teacher »

I’m not voting you today. I would actually like sheep you if you weren’t on me. I like your thought process on both me and urap and want to use it against my own townreads which is where the question in started from. I wanted you to towncase a few people.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by teacher »

As for after today, everything is open game. We will have a lot more info after 1-2 flips, wagon and vca.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

01. nomnomnom-I think nom is town, that break town when no one was sheeping him looked real
02. Cinnamon-is town by role
03. NerfedBuJ-this is not fleshed out at all and my history of correctly reading him is lowish but im also not hard scum reading him.
04. skitter30-not sold this is town
06. Saladman27-his posts are kinda bad but I'm not sold on that being scum. Kinda seems genuine though.
08. Dunnstral-this seems kinda like normal useess Dunn. Could be scum but weak town lean atm.
10. EvilDeanius-like his posts
12. Flubbernugget-not sold this is town
13. Vorkuta-town

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but I was voting urap and you never sheeped me then :/

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by teacher »

You voted him Sunday, while I was offline. I was only townreading you once I got back Tuesday. And you had never actually provided reasons until I asked for them.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by teacher »

(Yesterday). I dont sheep people, I sheep people with reasons.

Can you clarify what you are saying about nom? I don’t follow.

Can you pick out the posts of deanius you liked?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you like about it and what did you think of his responses?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 295, nomnomnom wrote:the worst is that I can already tell this is going to go nowhere and that I'm wasting my time

for fuck sake
In post 297, nomnomnom wrote:Let me hope that for once my scumread is followed by a wagon and not ignored and laughed to death first thanks
In post 302, nomnomnom wrote:mfw
In post 303, nomnomnom wrote:I just wasted one hour and a half I hope you're happy

VOTE: teacher

I have more faith in this than a pika wagon.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 557, EvilDeanius wrote:
In post 550, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 545, NerfedBuJ wrote:Either he is scum's pick for day 1 mislynch
Why would scum pick town!vorkuta as a day 1 mislynch? I mean objectively speaking if you were scum here, wouldn't your mind go towards the more lurk-ish people, where it's easier to make a case on? Because that's definitely easier than to go against a player like vorkuta here.
Because you get the loud/good players out of the way early, so you can mislynch the lurky players later with little resistance. You always try to mislynch/kill those with thread presence early.
In post 841, EvilDeanius wrote:
In post 736, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 735, EvilDeanius wrote:There's not alot there that I particularly dislike but there was a point where people seemed to start talking about him for lack of proper content, at which point he then switched to pushing on others who also hadn't done anything/alot. The timing just seems like a deflection to me, it seems off.
This is a good observation insofar as people pushing me for content when I don't really feel like doing things on day 1 tends to work, but I don't think it's a great reason to "gut" scumread me

Can you expand on your Vork townread (given you list him as TvT with nomnom)? That's been the basis for a good part of Dunn's iso so it would help me if you could comment on whether you see Dunn's push as townie if Vork town is one of your stronger/only reads.
Vork seems town because I feel like they would be more cautious about their pushes as scum. I don't think scum immediately attacks a miller claim in the way that they did, they just sort of let it sit for a while. They've also been very self assured of their pushes, and I think that comes with someone who cares more about lynching scum than just appearing townie.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by teacher »

I liked that you called out early posts, which justified your early read. I liked that it showed a consistent focus on how a player was using their vote - a consistent scunhuntubg mindset. I liked some of the analysis on his wording - even as I disagree with it and view it as playstyle rather than alignment.

You’ve shown me how you think. It is consistent. And it is an approach I do not have so it can help me.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by teacher »

Eh on . To me the first quote is purely mechanical game theory, and the second is nearly the same. I mean if I were more sold on vork town, I would give it more town points, but since I’m not I don’t.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is urap a scumread 4 you?

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by teacher »

As for uraps answers to your case, I thought they were fair sauce too. Like him, I’m ignoring the parts where you have us paired because I know at least part of that is off. I can vouch that his “how should I vote” response is meta consistent, though he didn’t get that question in the one scumgame I have read.

The one thing I didn’t like was the lack of response to passivity.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by teacher »

He is not. He is my weakest townlean. I am used to him being a stronger more active player, but I like what he has done in terms of pushing against the miller push (he led that), and not letting me go easily. What you see as svs defense I see as town indicative because he is sharing accurate meta on me and he knows I can be a good town player so I don’t think he would white knight/resist as hard as he has been doing.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 904, teacher wrote:And why am I scum now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”