Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 314, implosion wrote:I understand it's in response to 296 but it really wasn't that bad of a post, it doesn't say a whole lot but it's not particularly scummy contextually.
It doesn't say anything at all. S_S is actively lurking in this thread;he's giving us activity but literally none of it is useful or intended to be useful at a later date.

There are several players right now who aren't scumhunting. S_S is the only one going out of his way to avoid it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I mean yeah but he's being so blatant about it whereas xyzzy is doing the same thing with subterfuge.

Oh you don't perceive xyzzy as going out of xyzzy's way.
I think you should perceive harder.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:29 pm

If you don't see the difference between passively doing nothing and actively doing nothing then I don't know what to tell you.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I see the difference but I think you might be wrong about which is scummier

Not sure thi
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok
VOTE: xyzzy
I'm off the wagon and ig I'll just vote this I don't see us lynching implo or pops before deadline so...
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

wait haschel from what ur saying SS is doing it sounds like scum SS
to me SS' posts haven't been town, but haven't been scum either

ig I'll vote it with u
VOTE: ss
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

xyzzy and SS the flips would be cool mostly because flips help me play the game.
but I scumread Implo and Pops I thought Pops turn on Pine was town but seeing how Pine is really just doesn't care about the game, I think thats town indicative because if he was scum, I feel like he would be more obligated to care about the game. I thought if I voted him, he would magically appear if he was scum and start trying to do things. Seeing how he's not actively reading or paying attention to the thread and is just saying he's going to catch up but not actually do it, I feel like thats more likely then not him being town and not giving a fuck about the game, then scum. Like if he scum he cares about the game.
So yeah if I TR Pine ig I can scumread pops again. Also you could say that pops vote on Pine could be really opportunistic.
Implo is still scum I feel like he's actively not trying to contribute either.
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I think at this point Pine being super busy irl is the only way to justify his lack of activity as either alignment.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:24 am

Post by Alisae »

Naaah
As scum he tries to make time for this game.
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:26 am

What is this mystical procedure known as "making time?" Can he teach it to me after the game?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Alisae »

Haha real funny there mister
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 am

By the way, what Haschel described is way closer to my normal towngame than to my normal scumgame. I have had scumgames where I've been able to act in a similar way but I usually do so in an awkward and a stilted manner, so if you don't think that's how I'm acting, then it makes me likely town.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Alisae »

SS who is scum?
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:38 am

Hell if I know. My guess right now if I had to make one would be you, but I doubt that's > rand.

I'm not concerned with my lack of scumreads, however I am concerned with my lack of townreads. I just reread most of the game and couldn't really find any slots I could confidently call town.

My current townlist looks something like LLD, Cephrir, Cyanjet but I don't feel confident in that in the slightest.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think I'm now in the camp that pops spewing is probably town. I ALSO think that something_smart being so heavily responsive is a town tell, and I'm super not interested in a wagon on him even though his D1 play is weak. I liked when he dug in his heels around it forever, but my argument that 5 nonvoters = can't wagon without mafia was the one that got him to vote. That's some good ass townie guilty conscience!

I do think that Pine's activity pattern is actively suspicious and it's not just a "pressure vote" - someone being super excited to play a game and then suddenly not being excited when they get their PM makes more sense when they get the PM they are less likely statistically to get. And Pops point that he's active in other postgames/signing up for games does convince me - I've had plenty of town/scum split games where I put attention in to the town game and neglect the scum game. Also like, if we start getting the brain worms that someone never posting means that they're town, we lose every game for free right?

I find Haschel's argument really unconvincing - in a word of several players refusing to have any presence, his argument is that because S_S is the most responsive player, him not doing good scumhunting is the most suspicious. It's bad that so many players aren't playing, but S_S at least giving words and answering questions is what you'd do if you didn't have good reads but wanted to try to show your thoughts, and it should be viewed as a mitigation, not a force multiplier. And I still find it really sketch that Haschel came out against the Pine pressure wagon so hard for deadline reasons but then defected from xyzzy to S_S.

Xyzzy is a player who is like always a D1 wagon. I haven't seen anything that I would strong indict them as scum for, but I don't like them unvoting without a revote in their last post. So he's on the scummy side of null but not a full blown scum read for me. But still a fine consolation prize, because I have a lot of town reads and at least his wagon gives us some decent information.

So for me, a Pine wagon or a Haschel flashwagon are the best results, xyzzy wagon is something I am less enthused on but something I'd do on deadline, I'm strongly against an S_S wagon. 36 hours to deadline - I'm out most of the day, but back this evening EST and then I'll have some time tomorrow late morning/early afternoon, so there should be two more activity periods from me.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hito town is finally clicking for me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Haschel is probably the only not xyzzy vote I could see myself making right now.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

I mean I guess pine could be scum too but whatever
Bartleby the Scrivener
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:15 am

In post 338, Something_Smart wrote:Hell if I know. My guess right now if I had to make one would be you, but I doubt that's > rand.
Cool, now we're getting somewhere. Why Alisae?

Mod: Please prod the following players: Pine, LLD, xyzzy, Cyanjet.
A deadline extension may or may not be granted; just ask.
Requesting deadline extension on the grounds that we've had a lot of replacements and a full quarter of the players have made a combined total of 12 posts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:25 am

Eir thoughts don't really seem that nuanced and e seems a bit more aggressive than I remember em being as town.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 am

Can you give an example of some un-nuanced thoughts?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:40 am

In post 232, Alisae wrote:the only voter I actually like on the xyzzy wagon is LLD
I don't dislike Ceph but I'm certainly not gonna kill it.
Hey Hito I have an idea
VOTE: Pine
In post 275, Alisae wrote:Pops is making some good posts he can be town ig
In post 278, Alisae wrote:wrong but town
In post 330, Alisae wrote:wait haschel from what ur saying SS is doing it sounds like scum SS
to me SS' posts haven't been town, but haven't been scum either

ig I'll vote it with u
VOTE: ss
In post 333, Alisae wrote:Naaah
As scum he tries to make time for this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: xyzzy
I could definitely lynch haschel too.
I'm not sure I could lynch implo and feel lame for it.

Pine's inactivity might be rand for him maaaaybe ugh but please shoot him. It can't be town for him though. Like if he hates playing town then when he gets the town role pm it should factor into this "Honestly im so excited to play with you guys" boosha
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:26 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 343, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Requesting deadline extension on the grounds that we've had a lot of replacements and a full quarter of the players have made a combined total of 12 posts.
Sorry, but part of game is dealing with a deadline. Players posting very seldomly is a choice they made with full intention, and I believe the replacements had plenty of time to catch up.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:30 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 343, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Mod: Please prod the following players: Pine, LLD, xyzzy, Cyanjet.
Done.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”