teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:28 am

Post by teacher »

Ok, so now your “I’m not voting you” excuse is gone. Why am I scum?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm voting you because you don't have legitimate reasons to vote me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

Reasons to vote Teacher:

1. Teacher knows better than to tunnel a lurker who got replaced by an active slot, because Teacher has lurked as town in similar ways to ED, including the eventual replacement on D1. This lapse in judgment is inexcusable from Teacher.

2. Teacher should have reevaluated my slot after I replaced. Instead, Teacher ignored the mounting evidence that I'm town, including the fact that I replaced into the game (a town tell), the fact that I read the whole game (a town tell), and the fact that I'm actively engaging in the game in real-time interactions (a town tell). This is unlike town Teacher, who tends to keep much more of an open mind about reads.

3. Teacher says he finds me scummy, but gives no reasons for saying so. This is unlike town Teacher, because unlike me, town Teacher answers every question & explains his reads in great detail. He deflected the question about why he finds me scummy by giving reasons to suspect ED. Of course, talking about why ED's scummy isn't responsive to the question of why he finds my behavior scummy.

4. In general, his play & thought process is lacking in depth. I can't point to a single post from him that shows the level of thinking that I've seen from town Teacher, even in games where town Teacher is lurking. The absence of in-depth thinking is strongly scum indicative for this slot.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Shoshin »

For comparison, notice that Pika immediately unvoted me after replacing & eventually moved me into towny territory. This is how town responds to the replacement. Scum get upset that they have to deal with me & double down on voting even though they don't have reasons to do so.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1447, teacher wrote:DP, urap, cinnamon, Flubber. Most of the wagon.
Why is Flubb town?

Why is U2 town?

What's your read on Nom?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

What do you say to someone mentioning that teacher is easily read by post count?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1455, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you say to someone mentioning that teacher is easily read by post count?
They're incorrect. Teacher's activity depends on how busy he is, which itself turns on what's happening in his teaching career. It has nothing to do with his alignment. If he says otherwise, he's lying.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

What're your reads, Flubb?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1306, Flubbernugget wrote:Allow me to add to the slime by bettint there'd be mod intervention by now if shoshin wasn't full of crap ie was trust telling

VOTE: shoshin
Let's go back to this post, too. You're voting me because the mod is letting the game play out instead of doing something that would effectively confirm my slot as town? What kind of logic is this?

What're your actual reads based on behaviors?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:24 am

Post by teacher »

Thanks for the reasons. FWIW, 1 is off. I’ve never lurked, even when I’ve replaced out. In that game I PMed the mod the second time I logged on (real life day 2 of the game) and saw 20 pages of posts - I couldn’t keep up with the game. The fact that I wasn’t replaced until days later has no bearing on when I requested replacement, and I couldn’t post after the request. I never lurked out of a game. And I find doing so scummy. There is no similarity between my play that game and how ED hung into the slot and made up a readslist that never existed.

2. I did not find your replacement town indicative. I think you likely did townread the slot. Uraps take on your case is similar to mine - you may have thought it but that doesn’t make it right. Nor do I find your activity levels towny. You are selectively slicing and refusing to answer straightforward questions (ahem, vork). And reading the whole game is BS. I’ve seen scum do that many many times. If anything, I think it’s more +scum, but generally treat it as NAI.

3. I have given reasons. You find them illegitimate. I will answer in more detail when I’m not mobileposting, just as I said. Not recognizing real life limitations - that I post in late evening early morning - is scummy coming from you who claims such familiarity with my play. In my view, you’re trying to chip away at the townblock that has already taken too long to form this game.

4. This isn’t something I can respond to. You think I’m lacking depth. Ok.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:26 am

Post by teacher »

In post 1456, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1455, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you say to someone mentioning that teacher is easily read by post count?
They're incorrect. Teacher's activity depends on how busy he is, which itself turns on what's happening in his teaching career. It has nothing to do with his alignment. If he says otherwise, he's lying.
I am sortable by post count. Yes my activity depends on real life. But I don’t have motivation in scum games. I’ve played 3 and all have lower posts. It’s something I’m aware of for next time I roll, but it is a true tell.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 am

Post by teacher »

In post 1454, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1447, teacher wrote:DP, urap, cinnamon, Flubber. Most of the wagon.
Why is Flubb town?

Why is U2 town?

What's your read on Nom?
Answer the vork question.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1459, teacher wrote:2. I did not find your replacement town indicative. I think you likely did townread the slot. Uraps take on your case is similar to mine - you may have thought it but that doesn’t make it right. Nor do I find your activity levels towny. You are selectively slicing and refusing to answer straightforward questions (ahem, vork). And reading the whole game is BS. I’ve seen scum do that many many times. If anything, I think it’s more +scum, but generally treat it as NAI.

3. I have given reasons. You find them illegitimate. I will answer in more detail when I’m not mobileposting, just as I said. Not recognizing real life limitations - that I post in late evening early morning - is scummy coming from you who claims such familiarity with my play. In my view, you’re trying to chip away at the townblock that has already taken too long to form this game.
1. I selectively don't answer questions as town all the time. This is a town tell for me.

2. Reading the whole game isn't bullshit, I slowly went through the whole thing & finished this morning. This is a town tell for me, regardless whether you've seen other scum do it.

3. Activity is a town tell for me.

Please refer me to the post where you give reasons to scumread me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1461, teacher wrote:Answer the vork question.
Same as ED.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1459, teacher wrote:In my view, you’re trying to chip away at the townblock that has already taken too long to form this game.
What's the townblock? I didn't see any.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 am

Post by teacher »

In post 1437, teacher wrote:Lurker who made few game relevant comments. How hard it was/is to pick up wagon on slot. Mostly townreading the wagon.

On your analysis, walking through that wall is more than I want to do on mobile, so that will get kicked to tonight.

Why is vork town?

Same as ED how?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 841, EvilDeanius wrote:Vork seems town because I feel like they would be more cautious about their pushes as scum. I don't think scum immediately attacks a miller claim in the way that they did, they just sort of let it sit for a while. They've also been very self assured of their pushes, and I think that comes with someone who cares more about lynching scum than just appearing townie.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Shoshin »

It's excellent analysis from ED.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1393, nomnomnom wrote:Like none of these posts are town. The tone just screams desperate scum to me. She knew coming in what kind of entrance she would use then use arcane moonlogic to push other slots but this instantly reads as prepared and crafted, not genuine.

And I know why it feels that way: it's because it's normally a free out of jail card normally but she had the audacity of using it on a slot with literally 8 posts throughout 50 pages, and that will just not work.

It's not genuine, and the subsequent posts are self-centered. This just needs to die right now. This is our day 1 lynch.
1. I was once given a choice by the worst of who to replace in this game: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=77903. I chose to replace the lurker slot over the non-lurker because I was more confident the lurker was town. (Both were town but I was more confident on the lurker). Just because someone has posted 8 times doesn't mean they can't be read. In the right circumstances, you just need 1 post to read a player.

2. Talking about myself isn't scummy. I do this in all my games as town. This is not a reason to suspect me. I'm not even sure why you would think talking about oneself is scummy in the first place. I use myself as a reference in a similar way to how you were using Skitter, and I'm sure others do this as well (e.g. RC, etc.).

3. I pointed you to undeniable evidence that I strongly prefer town & avoid playing scum when possible. Why the hell would you take that evidence to mean I'm lying about townreading ED?

4. What makes you say my tone is desperate? Point me to specific examples of this "desperation."
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:53 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 1443, nomnomnom wrote:I'll go ahead and say that if Shoshin's spot flips red, vork's spot is 100% red as well. There's just no way. These associatives are really apparent.
Can you flesh this out a bit?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1447, teacher wrote:
In post 1439, Shoshin wrote:3. Who are you town reading on the wagon, and why are you assuming these players are automatically correct about ED's alignment?
DP, urap, cinnamon, Flubber. Most of the wagon.
When did you start townreading Flubb & why?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1469, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1443, nomnomnom wrote:I'll go ahead and say that if Shoshin's spot flips red, vork's spot is 100% red as well. There's just no way. These associatives are really apparent.
Can you flesh this out a bit?
The vork townread comes out of nowhere honestly.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 am

Post by nomnomnom »

@shoshin Talking about oneself is not inherently scummy, but your tone strikes me as a scum trying to avoid a lynch. And that's throughout your posts. I just feel you're scum here from the way you approached this replacement.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm trying to avoid a mislynch on myself, Nom. Your feeling that I'm scum because of that is wrong.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am

Post by nomnomnom »

As for desperation:
In post 1365, Shoshin wrote:Cinn & Flub, please unvote me.
Your iso contains a bunch of accusatory statements against people that push you too. As in, scum-accusation statements. All of this makes me feel you're just scum and that this is the angle you adopted this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”