teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am

Post by teacher »

Why wouldn’t you wait so that others can discuss this new info. It is not terrible at all. Like I’m saying treat it as scum, force it to give public results tomorrow, and work on associatices like your vork thought.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1549, Cinnamon wrote:But it really isn't. Yes, they're scummy but I don't see this as anywhere near confirmed scum and I don't think that lynching a cop claim day 1 is a good play here
It's a fakeclaim.

For christ sake.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1550, teacher wrote:Why wouldn’t you wait so that others can discuss this new info. It is not terrible at all. Like I’m saying treat it as scum, force it to give public results tomorrow, and work on associatices like your vork thought.
Because the cards are on the table already. Nothing will ever change with that slot, no matter how much time you give it.

She's the center of a few slots interactions as well, which makes her lynch that much more important.

There is no reason to avoid lynching this unless you think this is town. But it isn't. Delaying this lynch is game losing. You have my word on this.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1543, Cinnamon wrote:While that's a valid point, I didn't get the same read from ED and I'd rather believe my own reads than yours here as I'm not familiar with you as a player. I just think you were wrong on ED.
I think the problem is nobody in this game trusts my reads. I'll try to remedy that. This my town record from this year:

Spoiler:
Geriatric Half Mast – Best reads in the game. Caught all three scum by end of D1.

Vanilla 8-Ball – Best reads in the game. Replaced into an obvtown lurker on D2. Immediately voted scum on D2 that everyone else thought was town. Caught partner on D3.

Jester Nightless – Best reads in the game. Quick hammered mafia on D1. Lynched townies to avoid hitting Jester for two days. Convinced misguided townies to lynch final mafia on last day phase.

Mini 2046 – Best reads in the game. Defended town Vork when everyone else thought he was scum. Straight-up outplayed scum Oka to get him lynched.

Mini 2058 – Jointly best reads in the game with RC (reads were in agreement). Caught 3/4 of scum on D1. Didn’t know there were four scum. Townreads were all town. Eventually replaced out of the game on D2 because of the mod.

Fire on the Mountain – Best reads in the game. Caught 2/3 of scum on D1. Provided game-winning solve on D2. Townreads were all town. Replaced out of game on D2 for personal reasons.

Micro 858 – Maybe best reads in the game? Not sure on this. Either way, caught and attempted to lynch scum U2 on D1. Never attempted to lynch town.

Micro 864 – Immediately provided game-winning solve after joining the game.

Open 753 – Forced a 1v1 with scum & exposed entire scumteam.

Open 755 – Multiball game. I got killed in this game pretty early. Reads were okay. Had one of the scumteams correct, the other wrong.

Open 756 – Best reads in the game. Caught entire scumteam on D2. Faked a guilty on scum to get them lynched.

Contrary to what others have claimed, my reads are significantly above average & trustworthy. It would be very stupid to lynch me on D1 before I've had a chance to get going. It's also stupid not to trust my townread on ED when I'm rarely wrong on townreads. It's also stupid to lynch a claimed cop.

The claim also explains why ED was laying low. What did you find scummy about ED?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:13 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1553, Shoshin wrote:It would be very stupid to lynch me on D1 before I've had a chance to get going.
This is AtE again.

You've had a bunch of posts to express yourself, and people have found you scummy for it.

How many more posts do you need? A thousand?

You're just praying on people's insecurities because they've just laid them out in front of you.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nom, please stop talking to me. You're cluttering the game at this point with stuff that isn't helpful.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

I have a lot of posts but I haven't had much opportunity to interact & solve alignments.

Teacher, I still want answers to my questions from earlier.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1555, Shoshin wrote:Nom, please stop talking to me. You're cluttering the game at this point with stuff that isn't helpful.
It is helpful.

Just not helpful to you and your partners :]
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Cinnamon »

In case it wasn't clear, I also do not think Shoshin is the correct lynch today.

I never said ED was scummy, but that they were merely not townie. I really can't see anybody who has only posted 7 times as very townie.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1558, Cinnamon wrote:I never said ED was scummy, but that they were merely not townie. I really can't see anybody who has only posted 7 times as very townie.
To be clear, your inability to read a small quantity of posts doesn't mean others can't.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Cinnamon »

Shoshin can you explain to me your read on Nero?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Alright. Let's phrase it this way.

If this flips cop, you can 100% lynch me tomorrow and I'll even self-vote.

I am THAT sure she is fakeclaiming and scum. Is that clear enough?
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Cinnamon »

In post 1560, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1558, Cinnamon wrote:I never said ED was scummy, but that they were merely not townie. I really can't see anybody who has only posted 7 times as very townie.
To be clear, your inability to read a small quantity of posts doesn't mean others can't.
To me, what this says is that they did not engage in any real time interactions and could have plenty of time to formulate their thoughts as mafia. I think any semi-competent mafia player could produce 7 posts that look somewhat townie in a week. I think you underestimate the scum range of somebody lurking on that scale.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1561, Cinnamon wrote:Shoshin can you explain to me your read on Nero?
I'm unsure on him.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

you were jungle medicine? That actually makes a lot of sense in retrospect lol
I wish I had known that during the game. I probably would have approached you differently

so you're just a straight cop with no modifiers? I know it's a normal role, but I thought it was generally considered a bad role and thus not likely to be in normals
103-11 0-2
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1563, Cinnamon wrote:
In post 1560, Shoshin wrote:
To me, what this says is that they did not engage in any real time interactions and could have plenty of time to formulate their thoughts as mafia. I think any semi-competent mafia player could produce 7 posts that look somewhat townie in a week. I think you underestimate the scum range of somebody lurking on that scale.
Is it possible that someone could fake what ED was doing? Yes. It is likely? No. Again, I let my record at scumhunting speak for itself.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1565, u r a person 2 wrote:you were jungle medicine? That actually makes a lot of sense in retrospect lol
I wish I had known that during the game. I probably would have approached you differently

so you're just a straight cop with no modifiers? I know it's a normal role, but I thought it was generally considered a bad role and thus not likely to be in normals
Eh, there's a modifier but I'd rather not talk about it.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I think if I had been cop!you, given your confidence, I might have risked the quick hammer and waited for intent before claiming

Maybe even saying that I wouldn't claim until intent to try and stop a hammer

and then try to talk my way out of the wagon without a claim

What was your thought process that led to you claiming at L-1 rather than the above?
103-11 0-2
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

I've been quick hammered too much in the recent past to risk it. I've quick hammered scum myself & I don't believe it's a bad strategy if you have the correct level of confidence. The problem is when you're in a game with bad players or players who don't have the correct level of confidence about their reads.

I asked them to unvote when at L-1. Nom manipulated Salad into voting me back to L-1 after he unvoted. That's the point where I got scared.

For comparison, look at Open 756. I was cop put at L-1 and didn't claim. I asked the players who were around to unvote while I had a chance to talk stuff out. Another player at the same time declared intent to hammer. This was a different situation in that everyone in the game had spoken up about the situation, the players who weren't voting me had clearly called me town, the others had made their views known. So I risked not claiming.

This game, it's very unclear what a lot of players think about my alignment. I couldn't risk it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

The way I was reading the situation, U2/Nom/Salad/Flubb/Teacher were unlikely to unvote me. Cinn hadn't weighed in yet so that was a risk. Pika/Skitter/Buj weren't doing anything to save me. Dunn/Nero/Vork are wildcards that might hammer, especially if one of them is scum. This is why I claimed when I did.

If I were scum, I never claim cop here, especially not with an open miller claim.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1569, Shoshin wrote:The problem is when you're in a game with bad players or players who don't have the correct level of confidence about their reads.
Gross.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am

Post by ofrhz »

ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades