teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 2096, Shoshin wrote:Teach, can you point me to your thoughts on Nero's alignment?
Nero’s hard pushes have been on me, urap and pika before claim. I’m pretty darn sure at least two are town. They demotivated over he course of the day. They are also cheerleading your lynch, but letting nom be the face of the effort. If your town, I think they have a strong possibility of scum. But on this slot I trust DP more than myself or you. I saw some pretty town thought processes in both the me and urap pushes, and I’ve become progressively less convinced of uraps alignment, though I still town DP for giving me reasons to strong town urap.

Does that help/answer? If not, I quoted my take on them last night within the last couple hours.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2100, teacher wrote:Nero’s hard pushes have been on me, urap and pika before claim. I’m pretty darn sure at least two are town. They demotivated over he course of the day. They are also cheerleading your lynch, but letting nom be the face of the effort. If your town, I think they have a strong possibility of scum. But on this slot I trust DP more than myself or you. I saw some pretty town thought processes in both the me and urap pushes, and I’ve become progressively less convinced of uraps alignment, though I still town DP for giving me reasons to strong town urap.

Does that help/answer? If not, I quoted my take on them last night within the last couple hours.
1. Why would you trust DP more than me about Nero? Is he known for reading Nero correctly?

2. Please point me to the "town thought processes" in his pushes. Specific posts would be helpful so I know what you're talking about.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

I think he means he trusts me more on urap not more on Nero.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 333, teacher wrote:
In post 265, Nero Cain wrote:snip
I’m offline tonight for real life but I LOVE this post.

Yes I’m being useless w my vote. It is still on my RVS for familiarity. I haven’t gotten scum tingles yet. Actually the better way to word that is that I feel scum has been active (this hasn’t all felt tvt) but they haven’t localized yet.

I’m town on cinnamon from their reaction to my push on their claim, and on urap and one other (blanking on who rn) for melding on that reaction. I wasn’t crazy about the commie sheeping, but this post totally redeemed you for that point of view.

I’m offline for my last night of real work this semester. I will be back tomorrow. But thank you for this.
In post 919, teacher wrote:I liked that you called out early posts, which justified your early read. I liked that it showed a consistent focus on how a player was using their vote - a consistent scunhuntubg mindset. I liked some of the analysis on his wording - even as I disagree with it and view it as playstyle rather than alignment.

You’ve shown me how you think. It is consistent. And it is an approach I do not have so it can help me.
This.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

is there a reason we can't wagon urap or ... ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 2102, Detective Pikachu wrote:I think he means he trusts me more on urap not more on Nero.
No actually. I am moving away from your urap position a little for reasons, but still think that was a towny process. I trust your independent judgment on Nero more than my own because I’m strongly conflicted and more than Shoshin because I think hers is too clouded by the push on her, which Shoshin automatically views as necessarily scummy.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Cinnamon »

In post 2104, skitter30 wrote:is there a reason we can't wagon urap or ... ?
If we're talking strictly about resistance to wagons, I think urap has gotten way more of that than Nero
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Shoshin »

These are my thoughts on Nero. I'd appreciate feedback on what I'm missing here.

Spoiler:
In post 1191, Nero Cain wrote:kinda funny 2 me that this is who I've been calling scum and they are all pushing the same wagon.
In post 1100, ofrhz wrote:EvilDeanius (3): Detective Pikachu, u r a person 2, teacher
At this point, Nero's townreading ED & scumreading the wagon.
In post 1595, Nero Cain wrote:in my limited exp. with Shosin she's a lurksack as town so the hyperactivity means this is prob scum.

VOTE: shoshin
I don't understand how this shift happens in the mind of a townie.

Like, let's say I'm town Nero looking at unknown Shoshin slot. I see Shoshin posting a lot more than I did in the RC upick game. I also see Shoshin say that she hates playing scum, that she'd never willingly choose to play scum, and that she's more likely to lurk as scum than town. I see her link to evidence proving these points, and I see confirmation from multiple players familiar with Shoshin (e.g. Skitter, Buj, etc.). I also see her claim cop.

I decide to ignore the link & not check her claim out. I also ignore the players familiar with Shoshin's meta. And I ignore the cop claim. I'm going to assume Shoshin's lying. I don't have a reason for this other than the fact that Shoshin's more active than she was in the one & only game I've ever seen her play. Her increased activity must mean she's scum, even though a lot of the information in this game suggests the opposite. I'm also going to ignore the fact that I townread her predecessor (ED) & scumread the players voting her (U2 & Teacher).

How is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
In post 1606, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1601, Shoshin wrote:Why are you ignoring the specific evidence that I hate playing scum & lurk even more as scum than town?
I have no such evidence and I haven't looked at any links or anything if they've been provided. I just know you were a town lurksack in RC's upick. You aren't being a lurksack here b/c ???
Again, why would town ignore all the information in the thread suggesting that I lurk more as scum than town? Why would town Nero assume his sample size of one town game and zero scum games means that activity is scummy for me? This seems very unlikely to me.
In post 1650, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1642, Shoshin wrote:This is what you're ignoring. Why are you ignoring this?
its not ignoring if this is not the experience I'm citing.
I don't understand this at all. I'm asking Nero why he's ignoring a bunch of information in the thread that I lurk more as scum than town. He says he isn't ignoring it, he's just not citing it.

If Nero's isn't ignoring this information -- if he just isn't citing it -- then why is he arguing the opposite of what the evidence shows? The reality is that he's ignoring the information, and he's deflecting my question about it by trying to narrow the scope of conversation to a single experience he had in a game with me nearly a year ago.

How is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
In post 1707, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1693, Shoshin wrote:@Nero

You're ignoring the vast majority of evidence to push an entirely made-up story that I lurk more as town than scum. Would you do this as town?
It wasn't something I was ignoring b/c it's no something that I was aware of and thus it's impossible for me to ignore. But its not why I'm pushing you now so you can take your manipulative pressure point statement to the dead thread.
He says he isn't ignoring it because he wasn't aware of it. I guess he isn't reading the thread, then. And he says he isn't pushing me because of this anymore. Why's he pushing me now? He never gave new reasons.
In post 1891, Nero Cain wrote:Sho is avoiding the shit out of me. She's scared scum.
This is a distortion of reality. I'm not avoiding anyone in this thread, as I'm sure is evident to everyone here, including the people who suspect me. Even Nom can't say I'm avoiding her.
In post 1954, Nero Cain wrote:Isn't it kinda odd to lament me over voting you with one game experience but you are using that same one game to declare what I would or wouldn't do?
Nero assumes I'm basing my analysis on one game. Unlike him, I do meta research. I also played with him on alts he's unaware of. It's a bit besides the point, but as a general matter, I find scummy all the assumptions that Nero makes about me in his attempts push me.
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:b/c nom says you are but you are ignoring that I'm sheeping and focusing on me supposedly sitting on you b/c activity.
This is where Nero finally tells us the reason he's voting me now that he's dropped the "lurker/activity" point. He's sheeping Nom. I suppose that's plausible for a townie to do, though it seems unlikely to me that town Nero chooses to sheep Nom instead of coming to his own conclusions. This feels like scum hiding behind town Nom pushing a mislynch.
In post 1974, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1972, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:b/c nom says you are but you are ignoring that I'm sheeping and focusing on me supposedly sitting on you b/c activity.
Why are you sheeping Nom instead of coming up with your own reads?
b/c I like her reasons.
He says he likes her reasons. What reasons?
In post 2005, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1975, Shoshin wrote:What specifically do you "like," Nero?
the part that says you are scum.
That I'm scum... Nero straight-up deflects answering the question of why he's voting me. Let's recap this:

1. Nero votes me because he assumes I lurk more as town than scum. He does this despite lots of information in the thread that I lurk more as scum than town.

2. When I call Nero out on ignoring relevant information about my alignment when sorting me, he backtracks on his reasoning. He says he's voting me for other reasons now, not because of the lurker/activity point.

3. When questioned about these supposed reasons that he's voting me, Nero says he's sheeping Nom's reasons, specifically the fact that Nom says I'm scum. In short, Nero's voting me because Nom called me scum, period.

Again, how is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?

I'm also going to point out this deflection tactic that doesn't feel right to me:
In post 2006, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2002, skitter30 wrote:just look at one of her towngames
Why is her town game a good way to read her but my towngames are not a way to read me?
In post 2010, Nero Cain wrote:I think we have played once but FMPOV it feels odd that you are using meta to defend Sho but not even considering my meta here.
Nero uses this deflection tactic a lot in this game to continue pushing my lynch when presented with relevant evidence. Rather than take the meta evidence into account, and reevaluating his read, Nero looks for an excuse to continue ignoring the evidence (e.g. "you're not considering my meta, so I won't consider yours").

For starters, it's untrue that I wasn't considering Nero's meta -- that's an assumption on Nero's part -- and notice that he never actually points out what aspect of his meta I'm not considering. In contrast, I point out precisely what aspect of my meta Nero's ignoring. He doesn't point out what I'm ignoring about his meta because the truth is I'm not ignoring it.

I also feel like town in Nero's situation reevaluates regardless of what others do. You don't keep scumreading someone when presented with exculpatory meta evidence. You just don't. That's not what town do. Nero instead looks for excuses to ignore the meta evidence. Again, how is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm okay lynching U2 but I'd appreciate if people could talk me out of scumreading Nero first.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:47 pm

In post 2105, teacher wrote:No actually. I am moving away from your urap position a little for reasons, but still think that was a towny process. I trust your independent judgment on Nero more than my own because I’m strongly conflicted and more than Shoshin because I think hers is too clouded by the push on her, which Shoshin automatically views as necessarily scummy.
Oh okay

Well full disclosure my read rate on Nero is actually close to pure random; don't want to go into too much more detail to refrain from outing my main but I would not suggest sheeping me on Nero. If you want him to be scum then scumread him on your own terms lol
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2105, teacher wrote:I think hers is too clouded by the push on her, which Shoshin automatically views as necessarily scummy.
This is a massive distortion of how I think about the game. Nom's pushing me harder than anyone & I'm strongly against lynching her. Salad's been pushing me but you haven't seen me ever suggest lynching them. Flubb's pushing me, but you don't see me pushing that lynch either.

Pushing me isn't something that I automatically view as scummy. What matters to me is why someone's pushing me, and how they react when I question them about it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Skitter, how sure are you about town Pika? He seems utterly convinced that U2's town in ways that seem a bit unbelievable to me.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

That being said

VOTE: Nero

I think Shoshin on Nero might be above random? and I think Sho might be above random town here? so all in all it's not a bad push?

Notice the question marks :P
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm genuinely looking for push back on the analysis above, not sheeping.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm

I just spent about a week sitting with URAP in lylo where I meta'd him at great length for a solve.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79475&start=2425
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm

In post 2113, Shoshin wrote:I'm genuinely looking for push back on the analysis above, not sheeping.
well I asked like 3 people on their metric for Nero and I haven't gotten one yet
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I don't know what you mean by "metric for Nero."
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 pm

a way to solve him for town or a way to solve him for scum

I've heard people say activity is AI for him but I don't really know what is or is not within his actual scumrange for day 1

I feel like his level of thread presence maybe points toward town, but I feel like his actual solving is generally wrong

Like, maybe if teacher is scum? that would be redemptive for him. but he's basically been sitting on the same poe all day UNTIL you claimed cop at which point he went for a dive

like he is posting a lot but I don't feel like his posting or interaction is really consistently leading him in new directions or he is clearly reevaluating

so I want something other than just "he posts a lot" to understand why he is town if he is
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 pm

@Mod, V/LA Friday-Monday
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2117, Detective Pikachu wrote:so I want something other than just "he posts a lot" to understand why he is town if he is
and the answer to this is to vote me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2110, Shoshin wrote:Nom's pushing me harder than anyone & I'm strongly against lynching her
TBF you HAVE to town read her b/c there's no way you'd ever win a 1v1. You think you can win against me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 pm

In post 2119, Nero Cain wrote:and the answer to this is to vote me?
yeah if you're a wagon people might actually be bothered to towncase you instead of just throwing you somewhere in their list that means they don't have to say anything
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

at least teacher and Buj have done that.

looks like my read was right on you earlier.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2107, Shoshin wrote:Unlike him, I do meta research.
if you did meta research there's no way that you think im scum here.

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 pm

In post 2122, Nero Cain wrote:at least teacher and Buj have done that.

looks like my read was right on you earlier.
where? teacher literally just said he's sheeping me on you when I have basically said nothing interesting about you so I don't know what's going on there so what are you talking about?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”