Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2100, teacher wrote:They demotivated over he course of the day.
Is demotivation scummy? I'm just being lazy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 1944, NerfedBuJ wrote:There are good reasons to suspect nero.
this is your top defender? I know this is out of context and he doesn't conclude you should be voted but this is NOT a towncase
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 pm

In post 2122, Nero Cain wrote:at least teacher and Buj have done that.
one of them just said you're reasonably scummy
one of them just said they'd rather sheep someone who has no read on you over themselves

so... what the fuck is with this reaction?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2100, teacher wrote:
In post 2096, Shoshin wrote:Teach, can you point me to your thoughts on Nero's alignment?
Nero’s hard pushes have been on me, urap and pika before claim. I’m pretty darn sure at least two are town. They demotivated over he course of the day. They are also cheerleading your lynch, but letting nom be the face of the effort. If your town, I think they have a strong possibility of scum. But on this slot I trust DP more than myself or you. I saw some pretty town thought processes in both the me and urap pushes, and I’ve become progressively less convinced of uraps alignment, though I still town DP for giving me reasons to strong town urap.

Does that help/answer? If not, I quoted my take on them last night within the last couple hours.
In post 2103, teacher wrote:
In post 333, teacher wrote:
In post 265, Nero Cain wrote:snip
I’m offline tonight for real life but I LOVE this post.

Yes I’m being useless w my vote. It is still on my RVS for familiarity. I haven’t gotten scum tingles yet. Actually the better way to word that is that I feel scum has been active (this hasn’t all felt tvt) but they haven’t localized yet.

I’m town on cinnamon from their reaction to my push on their claim, and on urap and one other (blanking on who rn) for melding on that reaction. I wasn’t crazy about the commie sheeping, but this post totally redeemed you for that point of view.

I’m offline for my last night of real work this semester. I will be back tomorrow. But thank you for this.
In post 919, teacher wrote:I liked that you called out early posts, which justified your early read. I liked that it showed a consistent focus on how a player was using their vote - a consistent scunhuntubg mindset. I liked some of the analysis on his wording - even as I disagree with it and view it as playstyle rather than alignment.

You’ve shown me how you think. It is consistent. And it is an approach I do not have so it can help me.
This.
This is him talking about why I'm town in this game. Yes, he said he'd hammer me but I'm still a bit down his totem pole.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2127, Detective Pikachu wrote:so... what the fuck is with this reaction?
the truth? You asked if anyone presented a town case on me. I said they did...and they did so...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1944, NerfedBuJ wrote:
In post 1936, Shoshin wrote:Why are you townreading Nero, Buj?
I dunno like I see how he's different from other games, but he also feels very similar at the same time in terms of like 'nero energy'. He has the same sort of antagonistic ignore scumreads attitude, joke around here and there that I've gotten quite used to.

His responses to my direct questions regarding vork and cinnamon were satisfactory in that I'm convinced it CAN come from town nero. I feel his approach towards nom and his early reads were similar enough to mine that it doesn't feel off.

There are good reasons to suspect nero. Maybe more so from my pov than anyone else's with my history of interacting with nero. But both he and I have evolved our game, and it'd be naive to think someone will play town the same way all the time. Especially when we just recently had a game where me, nom, and nero were all town and we lost because town had WILDLY different approaches to the game and reads. From just my last few games with him it is very possible that nero is a little burned out from being like top poster tunnel your scumreads to death and take over every page of the game kind of play and has taken a more passive approach. I know it's unwise to make excuses like that, but these things do actually happen, he's just as human as the rest of us and because of that I think any sort of read that centers around activity or his more passive approach to pushing scumreads might not actually be AI.

So I guess it boils down to I don't hate everything he's done this game, some of his earlier scumcases have been pretty damn good actually, and there's some subtle similarities to his town mentality, and last but definitely not least THERE ARE WAY SCUMMIER SLOTS THAT HE HIMSELF HAS PUSHED and if they flip scum I think it would clear him.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So nice selective quoting

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:34 pm

teacher says if sho is town then you're scum and buj says you're like mid range scummy

I'm looking for a fucking town case dude. People earlier were saying you're sortable off activity, you JUST said you're sortable off meta, but what is this meta tell you believe people should be finding in you?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 pm

yeah you can go, this is an awful reaction to my vote
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

there are alot of ppl that can read me off meta.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

good thing it only took you 1500+ posts to finally OMGUS me. Also rando voting and then just happening to find a reason to stay on me is such a scum tactic.

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Some of them claim to be in this game, sure would be nice of them to towntell by towncasing you near end of day huh?

Not "eh not today" casing you, TOWNCASING you. People say you are readable on meta I want to know HOW
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like you claim you voted so ppl will towncase me. I said ppl have.

REACTION IZ SO SCUMMY!!!

lol, poor guy

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Yeah I've thought your almost total lack of reevaluation on me has been kinda lazy all day, looking through your iso and seeing your poe remain basically unchanged for 1000 posts is kinda ???, your random switch on Shoshin doesn't look great. And now you fucking try to poison the well that EVER reconsidering you means I'm fucking omgusing?

Congratulations, you're now the lynch today
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Trying to sort Nero day 1 is a crapshoot.

I wouldn't advise it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2138, Detective Pikachu wrote:your random switch on Shoshin doesn't look great.
I mean it's not random if any of you were really reading

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 pm

In post 2139, nomnomnom wrote:Trying to sort Nero day 1 is a crapshoot.

I wouldn't advise it.
Yeah but now unlike literally everyone else in this game I'm totally indifferent to the risk of him being a mislynch so this is now the least risky option in the entire pool. I'd prefer he flip scum but he can go either way.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2141, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2139, nomnomnom wrote:Trying to sort Nero day 1 is a crapshoot.

I wouldn't advise it.
Yeah but now unlike literally everyone else in this game I'm totally indifferent to the risk of him being a mislynch so this is now the least risky option in the entire pool. I'd prefer he flip scum but he can go either way.
"The least risky option".

Please detail that for me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hey guiz, I'm voting Nero cause if I do ppl will have town cases on him.

ppl have already done this

but one called u scummy and one is sheeping me so what is this reaction. it's so bad!

This is just strongly worded bullshit.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, he's just scum nom

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:51 pm

If he's town he's probably just as likely to cost us the game as if he was a fourth scum, and I see no problem with just believing he's scum right now.

Unload the baggage so the rest of the town can carry = least risky option
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you couldn't even carry my golf bag

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 pm

In post 2144, Nero Cain wrote:lol, he's just scum nom
nom literally just said you can't be sorted day 1 but you insist you're an easy read off meta. What I'm wondering is why do you think my trying to actually sort out those sorts of contradictions is the scummy position?

>bujaber says you're kinda scummy
>teacher says he'd rather sheep people who basically have you as null
>nom says you can't be sorted day 1
>skitter thinks you might be scum
>shoshin thinks you're likely scumy

so excuse me but if you're so sortable on meta why is no one reading you as town right now then? why do YOU not want this sorted out?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2145, Detective Pikachu wrote:If he's town he's probably just as likely to cost us the game as if he was a fourth scum, and I see no problem with just believing he's scum right now.

Unload the baggage so the rest of the town can carry = least risky option
That's a gross assessment given that the last time I played with Nero he was the person that managed to make himself known as the obvtown slot on a LYLO and allowed me to basically solve early on.

If it wasn't for a personal grudge from another person we would have won that game.

Nero is good in those spots. His alignment will be clear as day eventually.

I really dislike that you've been going for "the least risky slots" because that was your rationale to go for EvilDeanius too in the first place.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”