Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was only asking about the players on my wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

there's 4 ppl on my wagon besides yourself.

02. Cinnamon
04. skitter30
10. EvilDeanius
11. Detective Pikachu

I'm town. Do you read thier slots diffrently?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by teacher »

Ah, on your wagon, it would convince me that I just cannot read Shoshin at all and she is the scum I thought she was at first. I would also lose the strength my skitter townread, because Im not sure why she went to you when she did after pushing URaP. Like later she turned around on URaP a bit, but I dont get why she was on you before that turn.

Like that is my entire never-lynching-today list minus nom. And it would mean I have a wolf in that list. And that would be good to know.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

could you remind me what made you townread sho? just the cop claim?

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by teacher »

It explained the stinking desperation.

Sho is right that she hates scum, so I believe she genuinely townread the slot. I also dont see her staying as involved and active as she has done as a scum!replacement. Like their isnt the debt or loyalty to the team to play the cards you were dealt. I also did see her trying to genuinely sort out her wagon (like the push on me and the pull back make sense timing wise, and logic wise). Like Im not 100% sold on it, but others who I respect (Skitter/DP) read it the same way, and so that validates those instincts, since the scum team is not Skitter-DP-Sho.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the way I see it is that she's just scum that fake claimed cop to stay alive. And she's fake town reading nom b/c she knows that she can't win a 1v1 there.

just read noms posts man.

and like I just see myself as a Flubber CW so scum is flubber+2 on my wagon.

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

blah blah blah if Nero is town then he's town because he's 'solvy' in posts like this
In post 912, Nero Cain wrote:01. nomnomnom-I think nom is town, that break town when no one was sheeping him looked real
02. Cinnamon-is town by role
03. NerfedBuJ-this is not fleshed out at all and my history of correctly reading him is lowish but im also not hard scum reading him.
04. skitter30-not sold this is town
06. Saladman27-his posts are kinda bad but I'm not sold on that being scum. Kinda seems genuine though.
08. Dunnstral-this seems kinda like normal useess Dunn. Could be scum but weak town lean atm.
10. EvilDeanius-like his posts
12. Flubbernugget-not sold this is town
13. Vorkuta-town
why is this towny for nero? because he bothers to express townreads, whereas as scum he tends to go heavy on large, wide lynchpools that include like one or two soft busses

problem with this towncase is that:
a) no one agrees that this is sort of tell is actually town indicative given that half the town wants to lynch urap when I could townread him
b) Nero doesn't think this sort of thing is town indicative for urap himself so it's kinda ridiculous to towncase him for the same thing
c) don't really understand why vork is strong town, don't like the skitter read, don't get why he thinks Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when I feel like Dunn has significantly above rand reads almost every other game when he's town? also Dunn is capable of more than this so I don't get either part of that read

on the whole though the iso doesn't seem that solvy to me, he starts with the vork townread which looks identical to pocketing to me
spends just as much time insisting he is town as analyzing other people for town
frequently shades townreads other people express

like, it's nice that nero has townreads in the list compared to his scum games, but ultimately just having a list appear at some point in the iso that includes townreads that haven't really been discussed as town beforehand more or less looks a lot more like how someone like scum!urap would play, where at some point they realize they need more townreads and so they do a list. the 'i'm more solvey' argument therefore doesn't really convince me

like I don't like moments like to even though I know this is partly playing off Sho's line of questioning

like page 2 of his iso I think his only townread is himself frankly

compare to something like boonin' in the slums where his read on sheldon takes longer to develop but where he's more aggressive in defending the slot as town:
viewtopic.php?t=79391&f=3&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

he expresses the read in iso90 and then defends it in iso92

and the problem is that even as town he tends to have very wide lynch pools: viewtopic.php?p=10883437#p10883437

like, I think what Nero argues is that he is sortable by post count, because this was the impression people had of him after games like his large normal here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=77628&activity_overview=1

but that was a meta he exploited in BTE which is why it's kinda bullshit, even if he obviously prefers playing town over scum overall and is slightly more likely to post more as town than as scum, I don't think that's a hard tell for him or that he's town just for having lots of posts which I think is the closest anyone actually got to identifying a meta tell for him.

and other things he does here more or less match his scum game -- instigating paranoia about his green flip and pushing people who push him -- viewtopic.php?p=10558882#p10558882

insisting the default position on him should be town rather than anything else -- viewtopic.php?p=10608933#p10608933

braggadocious wave dick around attitude -- viewtopic.php?p=10610262#p10610262

scummy overreactions and needless hostility -- viewtopic.php?p=10612286#p10612286

obsession with omgus over people voting him after he has expressed suspicion on them -- viewtopic.php?p=10618152#p10618152

Frankly I don't think Nero is sortable off meta overall, I don't think anything here is like a 100% slam dunk, but there's plenty of similarity to his scum games

there Sho--the argument that nero is solvable off meta is bullshit, there's a few extremely poor reasons to townread him off meta and several only so-so reasons to scumread him off meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

flubber, sho, skitter I bet.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Huh, i might know who u are now
Actually i'm p sure i do
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2482, Nero Cain wrote:flubber, sho, skitter I bet.
Again, awful
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2484, skitter30 wrote:
Again, awful
says the person voting town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:b) Nero doesn't think this sort of thing is town indicative for urap himself so it's kinda ridiculous to towncase him for the same thing
neither me or urap are the same ppl. I don't think I have to think something that's relevant to me is relevant to others.
In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:c) don't really understand why vork is strong town, don't like the skitter read, don't get why he thinks Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when I feel like Dunn has significantly above rand reads almost every other game when he's town? also Dunn is capable of more than this so I don't get either part of that read
I was/an town reading Vork b/c I felt like him and I were the only players there in early game. Why not just lurk with the rest of the scum? Also I had felt like the Cinn push was more likely to come from town. Buddy Dunn more. It's true he does have decent reads at times but he's usally somewhat lurky as town and I felt like he's doing that now.
In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:compare to something like boonin' in the slums where his read on sheldon takes longer to develop but where he's more aggressive in defending the slot as town:
If you are saying this then you clearly didn't read. I
HAD
to defend him b/c I was a cop enabler and his death would have screwed town over b/c we were lovers.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 2485, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2484, skitter30 wrote:
Again, awful
says the person voting town.
So were you most of the day :lol:
Then again so was I. :cry:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think anyone voting me is town. They just don't all have red pms.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

here's an interesting question: What do you think of nom hard scumreading Sho and sh not scum reading her?

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm

In post 2486, Nero Cain wrote:Buddy Dunn more. It's true he does have decent reads at times but he's usally somewhat lurky as town and I felt like he's doing that now.
Again, throwing shade is not the same as "solving" and bad-faith responses like this are precisely why I want to see your slot go. I don't see how you think I'm "buddying Dunn" when I basically just said his play so far has been below par. That's the opposite of buddying, Nero, so you're once again taking me calling you out on something (making a lazy/uninteresting read of Dunn) and then misconstruing it for reasons that suggest you can't even fully process what I am arguing.

Your self town-case is that you are "more solvey" as town, but my general impression of you is that you're:
-throwing shade at anyone whose reads don't align with yours
-overreacting to anyone who pushes you
-insisting you are town
-insisting anyone who doesn't townread you is bad

if that's your "solving" I hate to imagine what your AtE looks like
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2490, Detective Pikachu wrote:this are precisely why I want to see your slot go.
absolve yourself more from my town flip.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2490, Detective Pikachu wrote:when I basically just said his play so far has been below par.
That is
NOT
what you said.
In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:don't get why he thinks Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when I feel like Dunn has significantly above rand reads almost every other game when he's town?
you basically said that I can't think Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when he has decent reads some games.

it's buddying and you lied about what you even said.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like I'll claim if I have to although I rather not but there's is NO way that my wagon is all town.

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

In post 2122, Nero Cain wrote:at least teacher and Buj have done that.

looks like my read was right on you earlier.
In post 2131, Nero Cain wrote:So nice selective quoting
In post 2486, Nero Cain wrote:Buddy Dunn more.
If you're town you've worked really hard for this mislynch. If Flubber is scum you've basically been on a one-man quest to save his slot since last night. If you put a lot of work into making me not want to townread you then I'm just not going to townread you.
In post 2492, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2490, Detective Pikachu wrote:when I basically just said his play so far has been below par.
That is
NOT
what you said.
In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:don't get why he thinks Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when I feel like Dunn has significantly above rand reads almost every other game when he's town?
you basically said that I can't think Dunn is "normal useless Dunn" when he has decent reads some games.

it's buddying and you lied about what you even said.
yeah except I also said:
In post 2481, Detective Pikachu wrote:also Dunn is capable of more than this so I don't get either part of that read
You were saying Dunn is normally useless and a lurker and I disagreed with both points, he sometimes lurks but he's also certainly capable of presence in the thread. He's not useless when he's town and he's very strong as a wolf, and I think other people even argue he is more likely to tunnel as scum so literally no part of your read matches my understanding of his meta either as town or as scum.

So once again it's like you're just blowing up at everything I say without even really trying to understand my point.

If I feel like I'm talking to someone that just doesn't want to understand me then you can be scum. Otherwise you're approaching me with such wildly bad faith that you might as well be scum. I kinda have stopped caring either way. You literally just took two sentences and managed to only read one of them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

although I do think Cinn is prob town via role but I wish he'd stop trying to ML me b/c I voted him earlier.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, I've done nothing "scummy" but I guess your ego just can't admit that you were wrong.

Or it's possible that you are just scum so eh

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and then if you are scum then "yay" I was right about you p9

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:16 pm

In post 2497, Nero Cain wrote:and then if you are scum then "yay" I was right about you p9
In post 2496, Nero Cain wrote:lol, I've done nothing "scummy" but I guess your ego just can't admit that you were wrong.
kinda a funny juxtaposition actually lol
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:17 pm

pagebot

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”