Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

LLD seems like someone who would kill Alisae and I am kind of less fond of her d2 play. She's pushing for an already popular wagon and if we don't get more info out of d2 and pine flips green we are in trouble.

She doesn't feel like she's sorting other slots. Really it could even be a bus, just the strategy of, go ham on someone D1, go ham on someone else D2, go ham on yet another person D3.. if she's tunneling it will be harder to read her.

I don't actually know LLD or anyone else in thread for that. Hito and imp have been ages
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Pine »

In post 517, Cephrir wrote:
In post 497, Pine wrote:Ok I’m comfortable with an LLD vote now.

VOTE: LLD
????????
I was holding off to give her a chance to show up and change my mind. She didn’t.

Reading is hard, I know.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

shhhh we weren't going to talk about the potential bus thing
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

This coffee is top sweet and maybe that's my fault for getting a "girly" drink but in my defense I have a cold and need to be able to drink it fast to help with it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe I caught a cold from the stress of not having this game solved
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

There you go
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:59 am

Post by implosion »

hito just keeps saying a lot of opinions but i can imagine his next post including a vote on lld or pine, or pushing haschel more, or pivoting onto s_s or something. Basically hito seems to be playing in such a way so as to look like he has a very transparent thought process but I really don't see any kind of thought formation that can't be very easily faked by scum.

The way LLD threatened me seems like not what I think her scum MO would be with me pushing her at this point. I feel like if she's scum she probably would have called me scum with Pine by now. That might just be entirely misreading how she plays scum, but it makes me feel like she has actual reads guiding how she's approaching the game and isn't just lashing out for the sake of it. And I'm just unsold on Pine. That vote on LLD isn't materially bad. It's obvious he was going to vote her regardless of his alignment at that point and the phrasing of the post is like slightly awkward but I don't think it's especially scummily so

VOTE: hito

I guess pine is the only other person voting LLD at this point but I really just think this is scum atm
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by implosion »

To elaborate I feel like jumping around a lot with a vote is usually a towntell these days. And I feel like changing your mind a lot is often a towntell these days. And I don't see hito actually showing signs that he's going through the motions of evaluating and re-evaluating reads. He's harping on pops for not using his vote, when hito is using his vote on haschel when there are dueling lld/pine wagons and not pushing haschel, not convincing other people to vote haschel, not trying to convince people to unvote from either of the pine/lld wagons, after he for using my vote without trying to aggregate support or work with people to sort the person I was voting... he's not actually utilizing his vote, he's just putting it somewhere and complaining about other people who are doing exactly as little with theirs. there's 0 sign of a consistent internal thought process in how he's approaching the game.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 504, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 457, Pine wrote:Okay, it’s pretty clear I’m not going anywhere with my pops vote. You guys are fucking blind.
seems kinda weird that you're writing off the pops town readers as all town when presumably one could be a nefarious scumbuddy you catch by judging the insincerity of the TR
In post 473, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Too much circumstantial and personality based evidence to ignore. Pine feels like he needs to be scum here, trying to organize a lynch of a player who could wake up from her stupor and swing the game at any time.
But what's your view of implosion here, LLD? Pine's switch to you seems largely to just be him following implosion after pops wagon didn't work out. I don't like how he abandoned pops wagon, but your argument seems contingent on the fact the swap is to you specifically, which seems a lot more rooted in implosion's play than Pine's.

I think in games full of passive players, the nka often doesn't need to get any more complicated than "kill the active players". Alisae was town read by like everybody, posting a lot and voting, I think that is probably the reason e died.
In post 501, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:HITO, BLOOD PACT ENGAGED.

IT'S TIME.
Lemme keep a bead on Haschel for a bit and get back to you. I'm actually not that skeeved by Pine's jump on you, although I AM skeeved about the point I made above.

pops, whats up with the no vote chief
MY VIEW OF IMPLO IS HE IS NOT BUSSING THE SCUM AND IS INSTEAD VOTING YOU.

SEEMS BAD.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by implosion »

:(
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Implo bus the scum
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Pine »

Nah. Implo is Town. I spotted a Towntell.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:51 pm

CHOO CHOO IMPLO

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 2.2

Lady Lambdadelta [1] - Pine
Haschel Cedricson [1] - hitogoroshi
Pine [3] - Lady Lambdadelta, cyanjet, Cephrir
hitogoroshi [1] - implosion

Not Voting [3]
- popsofctown, Something_Smart, Haschel Cedricson

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-06-26 21:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I mean yeah technically speaking my vote would be more dynamic voting someone who is here, but sometimes when people lurk for all their fuckin worth it's more important to just discretely document that you're not going to just randomly forget about them. I think Pine has a pretty good shot of flipping scum! But I also think that Haschel's back half of D1 seemed pretty insincere, his first real post of D2/vote will be very instructive, and the fact he's suddenly gone radio silent makes me feel even more uneasy (because trying to fake the "well, I had three scum suspects and the game started with two of them flipping town, so let me try to reset my thought process" dance is an annoying thing for scum to do, so a very plausible reason for lurking is that it's exhausting to run the counterfactual). So I would be pretty unhappy ending day without another post from Haschel, which means I would be silly to put Pine at L-1. But I'm also not going to
diffuse
Pine wagon, because I am pretty fond of it overall. Maybe Haschel does a good post and I feel better about being L-1 on Pine; maybe he does a bad post and I want it more then Pine, which will be the time to try to monger for support.

also like... I almost want S_S to be scum at this point for his own sake?? the dude has made 80 posts and voted a single time, on the Pine lurker wagon because we yelled at him to. If he's town that's like going to Disneyland and spending all week in the bathroom playing with the hand dryer, or something. like dude you have hand dryers in the bathroom at school, why did you want to go to Disneyland. what's this doin for you
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

oh yeah I really like LLD trying to dare implo on to Pine because it makes her thought process feel more coherent to me, but I don't agree with the idea of an implo/Pine team because surely if you throw out All Those Fucking Words trying to soft clear your buddy on NKA the whole ass point is to let yourself avoid talking about your buddy for a while, not immediately backtracking and second-guessing your own NKA. the risky part in that situation is doing the kill specifically so you yourself can bring up the specious NKA; once you've incurred the risk I would think you would want to do anything at all with the reward
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

My school didn't have hand dryers check your privilege
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 540, hitogoroshi wrote:oh yeah I really like LLD trying to dare implo on to Pine because it makes her thought process feel more coherent to me
Does that make her look townier to you?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:13 am

In post 539, hitogoroshi wrote:also like... I almost want S_S to be scum at this point for his own sake?? the dude has made 80 posts and voted a single time, on the Pine lurker wagon because we yelled at him to. If he's town that's like going to Disneyland and spending all week in the bathroom playing with the hand dryer, or something. like dude you have hand dryers in the bathroom at school, why did you want to go to Disneyland. what's this doin for you
In addition to being an awful analogy, this is also misleading (it implies that I joined a mafia game only to not play mafia, which isn't at all what I'm doing), it doesn't really seem relevant (it's a very belated playstyle criticism that you've already acknowledged can be misguided town), and it is extremely convenient to a scum agenda (it looks like the perfect excuse to transition me from the town spot where you had me to somewhere low enough to mislynch).

But that aside. For someone who's touted the value of using your vote frequently, you really haven't gained much from it. (Or at least, if you have, you haven't shared it and you should.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:15 am

In post 539, hitogoroshi wrote:I mean yeah technically speaking my vote would be more dynamic voting someone who is here, but sometimes when people lurk for all their fuckin worth it's more important to just discretely document that you're not going to just randomly forget about them. I think Pine has a pretty good shot of flipping scum! But I also think that Haschel's back half of D1 seemed pretty insincere, his first real post of D2/vote will be very instructive, and the fact he's suddenly gone radio silent makes me feel even more uneasy (because trying to fake the "well, I had three scum suspects and the game started with two of them flipping town, so let me try to reset my thought process" dance is an annoying thing for scum to do, so a very plausible reason for lurking is that it's exhausting to run the counterfactual). So I would be pretty unhappy ending day without another post from Haschel, which means I would be silly to put Pine at L-1. But I'm also not going to
diffuse
Pine wagon, because I am pretty fond of it overall. Maybe Haschel does a good post and I feel better about being L-1 on Pine; maybe he does a bad post and I want it more then Pine, which will be the time to try to monger for support.

also like... I almost want S_S to be scum at this point for his own sake?? the dude has made 80 posts and voted a single time, on the Pine lurker wagon because we yelled at him to. If he's town that's like going to Disneyland and spending all week in the bathroom playing with the hand dryer, or something. like dude you have hand dryers in the bathroom at school, why did you want to go to Disneyland. what's this doin for you
YOU DENIED THE BLOOD PACT YOU DON'T DESERVE THE TOWN CRED FOR LYNCHING PINE.

FUCKING HASCHEL VOTE WHO THE FUCK VOTES HASCHEL HERE.

NOT CONTEMPLATING MY NAVEL ABOUT THAT ONE, THERE'S SOME OBVIOUS SUBTEXT MISSING, HMM WHAT COULD IT BEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ANOTHER WAGON IF YOU LIKE PLAYING IN THE DIRT WITH COUNTERWAGONS TO SCUM WAGONS HITO.

YOU SAID IMPLOSION IS TOWN RIGHT, WANNA CHOO CHOO HIM INSTEAD?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 am

In post 543, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 539, hitogoroshi wrote:also like... I almost want S_S to be scum at this point for his own sake?? the dude has made 80 posts and voted a single time, on the Pine lurker wagon because we yelled at him to. If he's town that's like going to Disneyland and spending all week in the bathroom playing with the hand dryer, or something. like dude you have hand dryers in the bathroom at school, why did you want to go to Disneyland. what's this doin for you
In addition to being an awful analogy, this is also misleading (it implies that I joined a mafia game only to not play mafia, which isn't at all what I'm doing), it doesn't really seem relevant (it's a very belated playstyle criticism that you've already acknowledged can be misguided town), and it is extremely convenient to a scum agenda (it looks like the perfect excuse to transition me from the town spot where you had me to somewhere low enough to mislynch).

But that aside. For someone who's touted the value of using your vote frequently, you really haven't gained much from it. (Or at least, if you have, you haven't shared it and you should.)
HEY FRIEND.

WANNA JOIN A CULT?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD?

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE?

WE WILL SMITE THEM AS KHORNE DEMANDS!

GET UP ON MY PINE WAGON AND WATCH THE BLOOD OF FILTHY SCUMFUCKS FLOW

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 am

EXTRA BONUS, YOU WON'T BE A PANSY TOWNIE LIKE HITO.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 am

In post 541, popsofctown wrote:My school didn't have hand dryers check your privilege
UR PROBABLY TOWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 am

YOU TWO FUCKS AREN'T ON ANY WAGON.

WAIT S_S ISN'T ON ANY WAGON AND HE'S COMPLAININ

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:21 am

In post 545, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:HEY FRIEND.

WANNA JOIN A CULT?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD?

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE?

WE WILL SMITE THEM AS KHORNE DEMANDS!

GET UP ON MY PINE WAGON AND WATCH THE BLOOD OF FILTHY SCUMFUCKS FLOW
...Evidence for the rational thinkers?

So far your argument is based on a falsehood and the sketchiest NKA I've ever seen.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”