Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Nom isn't informed there's no cop in the game because I'm a cop.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that's not my argument. I think SHE'S a cop that knows you are bullshitting. And you know that you can't get in a 1v1 with her so you are calling her town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I've said repeatedly there can be multiple cops. The existence of another cop doesn't mean anything.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

she knows that too and yet she still thinks you are scum and I'm buying into her confidence that you bullshitted cop and then changed your tune to odd night so you could reasonably co-exist with another cop.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

HEY GUYS I'COP

nom light CC's you

oh, but I'm odd night. See. I can co-exist.

Claiming cop is a good scum strat b/c no one will want to lynch that and it potentially outs a CCing cop.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I wish comrade would get on so he can hammer flubb

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2579, Nero Cain wrote:Claiming cop is a good scum strat b/c no one will want to lynch that and it potentially outs a CCing cop.
Cop should never CC on D1.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So remind me why I have to be scum pushing you and I can't be town?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I never said you can't be town. I've been asking everyone in the game to give me reasons why you're town, and I've been interacting with you looking for any sign of town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Shoshin »

The last time I played with town you, I ended up townreading you very quickly on D1 (I was playing an alt account). My sense is that you're much more obvtown as town than you've been this game. And despite all my attempts to find anything towny about your play, there isn't anything here.

Your initial push on me for meta reasons felt fake/opportunistic. Your sheeping of Nom also felt opportunistic (and the implied townread on Nom fake). Your continued tunneling despite being told that I'm clearly town via meta feels like scum ignoring key pieces of evidence because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I'm seeing reasons to scumread & none to townread you. What am I missing, Nero? Point me to the town stuff.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Pika's meta analysis of your scum game strongly indicates that you're scum as well, Nero.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Buj seems like the only one that's hard town reading me.

Dunn, I guess thinks I'm kinda town.

Nom really really doesn't want me lynched.

but they aren't saying what you want so you don't care.

If you are town reading Nom and BUJ why don't their opinions matter to you?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2585, Shoshin wrote:Pika's meta analysis of your scum game strongly indicates that you're scum as well, Nero.
yes, let's listen to the guy that has admitted that he's not very good @ reading me. It's just what you want to hear is all.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Shoshin »

These players have called you town, but they haven't addressed my analysis. I expressly asked both of Buj & Nom to talk about you with me. Neither took me up on the offer.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm asking for challenge to my read on you, Nero. I'm not looking for confirmation. I'm trying to sort you. If you can't see that, that's just another reason to think you're not really trying to sort me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2584, Shoshin wrote:The last time I played with town you, I ended up townreading you very quickly on D1 (I was playing an alt account). My sense is that you're much more obvtown as town than you've been this game. And despite all my attempts to find anything towny about your play, there isn't anything here.
See, I don't really like this b/c you can say w/e you want and no one can hold you to any scrutiny b/c "not revealing me alt"

Can we do this, if we are talking about meta and playstyle and jazz can we use the game that we both played in where you were on Shoshin?

So tell me how I am different here than RC's large.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2589, Shoshin wrote:I'm asking for challenge to my read on you, Nero.
the fuck you are. B/c Nom is absolutely against my lynch and Buj is the only one that's reasonably hard town reading me and you don't give a shit about their opinions.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In RC's large, you were aggressively pursuing your own leads. You posted extensive analysis about the game & alignments, much more than this game. You didn't sheep anyone. You didn't townread people based on really absurd reasons. You tended to question players more before voting them (at least in my case), which is nothing like what you did to me in this game. There's few similarities.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2591, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2589, Shoshin wrote:I'm asking for challenge to my read on you, Nero.
the fuck you are. B/c Nom is absolutely against my lynch and Buj is the only one that's reasonably hard town reading me and you don't give a shit about their opinions.
That's untrue. Why are you ignoring all the posts where I expressly ask Buj & Nom to explain where I'm going wrong with my analysis on you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2588, Shoshin wrote:but they haven't addressed my analysis.
they are both calling your analysis wrong, maybe not in so many words are responding quote by quote but if Nom's against my lynch and Buj is town reading me/not wanting me lynched despite your analysis doesn't that mean they don't think much of it? You don't want a challenge, you want an echo chamber.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Why'd you ignore these posts, Nero?
In post 1936, Shoshin wrote:Why are you townreading Nero, Buj?
In post 2220, Shoshin wrote:Buj, please address this.
In post 2107, Shoshin wrote:These are my thoughts on Nero. I'd appreciate feedback on what I'm missing here.

Spoiler:
In post 1191, Nero Cain wrote:kinda funny 2 me that this is who I've been calling scum and they are all pushing the same wagon.
In post 1100, ofrhz wrote:EvilDeanius (3): Detective Pikachu, u r a person 2, teacher
At this point, Nero's townreading ED & scumreading the wagon.
In post 1595, Nero Cain wrote:in my limited exp. with Shosin she's a lurksack as town so the hyperactivity means this is prob scum.

VOTE: shoshin
I don't understand how this shift happens in the mind of a townie.

Like, let's say I'm town Nero looking at unknown Shoshin slot. I see Shoshin posting a lot more than I did in the RC upick game. I also see Shoshin say that she hates playing scum, that she'd never willingly choose to play scum, and that she's more likely to lurk as scum than town. I see her link to evidence proving these points, and I see confirmation from multiple players familiar with Shoshin (e.g. Skitter, Buj, etc.). I also see her claim cop.

I decide to ignore the link & not check her claim out. I also ignore the players familiar with Shoshin's meta. And I ignore the cop claim. I'm going to assume Shoshin's lying. I don't have a reason for this other than the fact that Shoshin's more active than she was in the one & only game I've ever seen her play. Her increased activity must mean she's scum, even though a lot of the information in this game suggests the opposite. I'm also going to ignore the fact that I townread her predecessor (ED) & scumread the players voting her (U2 & Teacher).

How is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
In post 1606, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1601, Shoshin wrote:Why are you ignoring the specific evidence that I hate playing scum & lurk even more as scum than town?
I have no such evidence and I haven't looked at any links or anything if they've been provided. I just know you were a town lurksack in RC's upick. You aren't being a lurksack here b/c ???
Again, why would town ignore all the information in the thread suggesting that I lurk more as scum than town? Why would town Nero assume his sample size of one town game and zero scum games means that activity is scummy for me? This seems very unlikely to me.
In post 1650, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1642, Shoshin wrote:This is what you're ignoring. Why are you ignoring this?
its not ignoring if this is not the experience I'm citing.
I don't understand this at all. I'm asking Nero why he's ignoring a bunch of information in the thread that I lurk more as scum than town. He says he isn't ignoring it, he's just not citing it.

If Nero's isn't ignoring this information -- if he just isn't citing it -- then why is he arguing the opposite of what the evidence shows? The reality is that he's ignoring the information, and he's deflecting my question about it by trying to narrow the scope of conversation to a single experience he had in a game with me nearly a year ago.

How is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
In post 1707, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1693, Shoshin wrote:@Nero

You're ignoring the vast majority of evidence to push an entirely made-up story that I lurk more as town than scum. Would you do this as town?
It wasn't something I was ignoring b/c it's no something that I was aware of and thus it's impossible for me to ignore. But its not why I'm pushing you now so you can take your manipulative pressure point statement to the dead thread.
He says he isn't ignoring it because he wasn't aware of it. I guess he isn't reading the thread, then. And he says he isn't pushing me because of this anymore. Why's he pushing me now? He never gave new reasons.
In post 1891, Nero Cain wrote:Sho is avoiding the shit out of me. She's scared scum.
This is a distortion of reality. I'm not avoiding anyone in this thread, as I'm sure is evident to everyone here, including the people who suspect me. Even Nom can't say I'm avoiding her.
In post 1954, Nero Cain wrote:Isn't it kinda odd to lament me over voting you with one game experience but you are using that same one game to declare what I would or wouldn't do?
Nero assumes I'm basing my analysis on one game. Unlike him, I do meta research. I also played with him on alts he's unaware of. It's a bit besides the point, but as a general matter, I find scummy all the assumptions that Nero makes about me in his attempts push me.
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:b/c nom says you are but you are ignoring that I'm sheeping and focusing on me supposedly sitting on you b/c activity.
This is where Nero finally tells us the reason he's voting me now that he's dropped the "lurker/activity" point. He's sheeping Nom. I suppose that's plausible for a townie to do, though it seems unlikely to me that town Nero chooses to sheep Nom instead of coming to his own conclusions. This feels like scum hiding behind town Nom pushing a mislynch.
In post 1974, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1972, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1970, Nero Cain wrote:b/c nom says you are but you are ignoring that I'm sheeping and focusing on me supposedly sitting on you b/c activity.
Why are you sheeping Nom instead of coming up with your own reads?
b/c I like her reasons.
He says he likes her reasons. What reasons?
In post 2005, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1975, Shoshin wrote:What specifically do you "like," Nero?
the part that says you are scum.
That I'm scum... Nero straight-up deflects answering the question of why he's voting me. Let's recap this:

1. Nero votes me because he assumes I lurk more as town than scum. He does this despite lots of information in the thread that I lurk more as scum than town.

2. When I call Nero out on ignoring relevant information about my alignment when sorting me, he backtracks on his reasoning. He says he's voting me for other reasons now, not because of the lurker/activity point.

3. When questioned about these supposed reasons that he's voting me, Nero says he's sheeping Nom's reasons, specifically the fact that Nom says I'm scum. In short, Nero's voting me because Nom called me scum, period.

Again, how is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?

I'm also going to point out this deflection tactic that doesn't feel right to me:
In post 2006, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2002, skitter30 wrote:just look at one of her towngames
Why is her town game a good way to read her but my towngames are not a way to read me?
In post 2010, Nero Cain wrote:I think we have played once but FMPOV it feels odd that you are using meta to defend Sho but not even considering my meta here.
Nero uses this deflection tactic a lot in this game to continue pushing my lynch when presented with relevant evidence. Rather than take the meta evidence into account, and reevaluating his read, Nero looks for an excuse to continue ignoring the evidence (e.g. "you're not considering my meta, so I won't consider yours").

For starters, it's untrue that I wasn't considering Nero's meta -- that's an assumption on Nero's part -- and notice that he never actually points out what aspect of his meta I'm not considering. In contrast, I point out precisely what aspect of my meta Nero's ignoring. He doesn't point out what I'm ignoring about his meta because the truth is I'm not ignoring it.

I also feel like town in Nero's situation reevaluates regardless of what others do. You don't keep scumreading someone when presented with exculpatory meta evidence. You just don't. That's not what town do. Nero instead looks for excuses to ignore the meta evidence. Again, how is this the mindset of a townie trying to sort an unknown slot?
In post 2241, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2232, NerfedBuJ wrote:So frankly I kind of went the lazy route and ignored your post because I don't find it constructive to question my current reads without any flips or info yet.
To be clear, my post is asking for you to question my read, not the other way around. How are you able to townread the specific posts that concern me?
In post 2413, Shoshin wrote:Hey Nom, what do you think of my analysis of Nero?
In post 2414, Shoshin wrote:Can you help me understand what makes Nero town?
In post 2422, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2419, nomnomnom wrote: I don't think much of it, because Nero is not actually a townread of mine. He's a nullread even though this has been fairly similar to how he played as town in the large normal I played with him.

He's fairly belligerent when challenged and will not hesitate to 1v1 people for the sake of going 1v1 against people, which he had done with my mason partner last game. That's why I find the scumread on him for doing this thing here by whoever said that (I think it was flubb?) completely asinine.

I just think NC is a bad day 1 lynch period.
Why is Nero a bad lynch on D1?

Can you tell me why you think my analysis of Nero is wrong?
In post 2423, Shoshin wrote:I'm looking for every possible reason not to lynch Nero today.
In post 2425, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2424, nomnomnom wrote:Nero is a bad lynch D1 because the reasons all of you invoked for scumreading the guy are simply not good to evaluate this kind of player.

You're not going to catch a player that likes acting slightly aggressive towards people and a bit antagonistic and taunt-ish with those things is what I'm trying to say here.

You're going to catch him by having a complete list of movements and the depth of his interactions with players when there are more flips. That's literally how I sorted him last time and I probably would have gone on his wagon multiple times if I listened to the little demon on my shoulder that said "yess yeeeeeeeees lynch the shithead"
I don't think you're responding to the specific points I brought up. My whole point is that Nero hasn't been as aggressive or antagonistic as he typically is as town. Have you read my post with the extensive analysis of Nero (it's in a spoiler)?
In post 2428, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2424, nomnomnom wrote:Nero is a bad lynch D1 because the reasons all of you invoked for scumreading the guy are simply not good to evaluate this kind of player.
I'm glad you recognize that the reasons that people invoke to scumread a player aren't always valid for evaluating certain types of players. This applies to the reasons you've invoked for scumreading me. I'm just not the type of player you think I am.
In post 2430, Shoshin wrote:I'm asking you to help me refine my read on Nero, Nom. If it helps, you're welcome to continue thinking I'm scum & just pretend that someone else came up with my analysis. The point is to get at the truth of Nero's alignment.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Both Buj & Nom chose not to address my analysis.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2594, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2588, Shoshin wrote:but they haven't addressed my analysis.
they are both calling your analysis wrong, maybe not in so many words are responding quote by quote but if Nom's against my lynch and Buj is town reading me/not wanting me lynched despite your analysis doesn't that mean they don't think much of it? You don't want a challenge, you want an echo chamber.
Neither of them read my analysis. They both admitted as much.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Shoshin »

You keep misrepresenting my words, Nero. This isn't going to make me townread you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2592, Shoshin wrote:In RC's large, you were aggressively pursuing your own leads.
yes, b/c it's not like I was pushing Teacher, DP and urap. Of course, your built-in answer was that I wasn't active b4 you replaced wich is absolute bullshit.
In post 2592, Shoshin wrote:You didn't townread people based on really absurd reasons.
Who am I town reading on "absurd" reasons?
In post 2592, Shoshin wrote:You tended to question players more before voting them (at least in my case), which is nothing like what you did to me in this game
there's a 1v1 between you and nom and I felt like "why did you fakeclaim cop?" was silly.

Why must I play two games exactly the same way?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”