micro 871: mystery box of silver 4 (G O)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:51 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1097, mastina wrote:
In post 1095, LuckyOtter wrote:In fact, C&N votes nom in
just
as Porkens leaves the ap wagon (which was at L-1), putting the VC at 3 for apthet and 2 for nom. The ap lynch is nowhere near guaranteed at this point, so this puts nom in a dangerous position (cheeky could very easily swing back to voting nom at this point). That's a bizarro move for a scumpartner. Obviously there is some hard bussing happening later in this game but
this
doesn't at all feel like the right moment to do it. C&N left a very wide lynch pool open that easily would have let them put a second vote on gemini.
I'd like to present a counterargument:
Chito and Nuko was comprised of two heads that have played with me before extensively; Krazy and BulletNLynchproof.

Both of them know that when I get into a hard tunnel, I push it and I push it
hard
I was pushing really really REALLY hard on apthet and my alternative lynch was Gemini.

nom was never in danger. There wasn't enough support for nom; I was hard, hard, HARD defending nom on D1 and hard, hard, HARD pushing apthet/Gemini. Both heads would know this and know that when I get into that mode of absolute conviction I am a strong presence, a strong force, strong enough of one where I would be enough to dissuade a lynch on nom D1.

Porkens has also played with me and to some extent, trusts in my competency. So even if Porkens would've wanted to go onto nom, there wasn't the necessary support. Sure, CheekyTeeky might vote for nom, but even with Chito and Nuko also voting for nom, who else votes for nom? Do you? There wasn't any risk of nom being lynched--which makes it the
perfect
time to vote nom; it's distancing without hard-bussing.
Chutes had also voted me during day 1. Fairly sure that if I reached that L-1 spot, Gemini would have taken the hammer there too because of her mindset that people pushing her were scums, which is what made me think she was 100% scum in the first place. Probably wouldn't have joined the wagon midway though.

There definitely were avenues for me to get lynched day 1, so it's not really a good argument.

Plus having a team effort of having a person defend a spot really hard and having your partner simultaneously pushing it is a really common thing to do in coordinated scumteams. It's a way to muddle associatives. Knowing I do not get lynched here also provides a good reason for C/N to survive really long as an efficient slot while you push others to go for "the easy win" as you put it. He never suffers the repercussion of having the lamp on him directly after day 1, while simultaneously going for something that furthers your team's win condition.

Pretty standard thing to do if you ask me, and that's definitely a thing you would do with someone you're at ease with, which you seem to be with both heads in that hydra.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:39 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1100, nomnomnom wrote:Pretty standard thing to do if you ask me, and that's definitely a thing you would do with someone you're at ease with, which you seem to be with both heads in that hydra.
It sure is a standard thing to do, but make up your mind:
Am I a standard scum player, or an insane scum player?
You can't have it both ways.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:44 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1101, mastina wrote:
In post 1100, nomnomnom wrote:Pretty standard thing to do if you ask me, and that's definitely a thing you would do with someone you're at ease with, which you seem to be with both heads in that hydra.
It sure is a standard thing to do, but make up your mind:
Am I a standard scum player, or an insane scum player?
You can't have it both ways.
Not sure why the two are mutually exclusive.

You can have a fairly standard scum game while having sparkles of insanity there and there, or the contrary. That's a thing.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 am

Post by nomnomnom »

People are certainly not black and white, which again, was my point since the beginning about you perceiving yourself as this duality, but not really being this way in practice and in how others perceive you.

But I digress, this is going to end up in walls lol.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:09 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

Hey folks, I'm V/LA for a few days, but will try to keep reading in the evenings when I've got time. Sorry to drag this out :(
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:48 am

Post by nomnomnom »

postie
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:44 am

Post by mastina »

Yo, LuckyOtter, it occurs to me that I should paraphrase the tracker pt since you don't have access to it.
I'm at work, so I can't now, and my own V/LA might mean that I can't for a while, but I should be able to squeeze it in before yours ends.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am

Post by schadd_ »

Vote count 4.2

mastina (1):
nomnomnom
nomnomnom (1):
mastina

not voting (1):
LuckyOtter

with 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. day 4 ends june 30th at 12:25 central US time; in (expired on 2019-06-30 12:25:00)

mod notes
  • luckyotter is VLA. u can scroll up a couple posts to see it.
[/area]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:47 am

Post by nomnomnom »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm sick so I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy not be able to deliver, but I'll TRY to do the paraphrase tomorrow.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:31 am

Post by mastina »

At work right now, so still no paraphrase, but what I CAN do, is give content like this, which cuts down on what I need to do later.

LuckyOtter, the reason I emphasize meta so much is because it is literally the most important tool in my arsenal regardless of my alignment but ESPECIALLY as town.

I can tell you that if you replaced out and your replacement was a player who's familiar with me, they'd instavote nom because I am that far outside my scumrange.
Creature. Firebringer. Ginngie. Alisae. Ankamius. You name any scummer who's played with me, and they'd be able to tell you why I am town here.

Which is why meta is so important to me. My meta proves that I am town, here, and it is literally my best self defense tool.

I don't really have competency in non meta defense of myself because my meta is so damn apparent, it's literally the best tool for me to use.

I can even sum it up by using three words per meta:
scumastina is Meticulous, Mechanical, and Methodical.
Town me is Whimsical, Chaotic, and Insane.

If you believe that, check out which applies to this game better.
If you don't? Go check out literally any towngame and literally any scumgame. You'll quickly see for YOURSELF that the pattern I described holds true.

Calculated, precise maneuvers as scum where the outcomes were predicted and accounted for, with me having the perfect counter, the perfect answer, to what the town had.
Utter randomness which makes absolutely no sense and is irrational to the extreme, as town.

You will also find that as scum I TEND to be nice to the players I intend to manipulate/pocket; I white knight mislynch bait and push players widely townread.
As town I TEND to be an asshole, flinging insults left and right, with the attitude that mislynch bait can still rand scum.

I don't call those lock indicators, though, because unlike the holy 3, I CAN diverge from them, even though they TEND to be true.

More later, out of time now.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:35 am

Post by nomnomnom »

This meta argument is tired to the core and people know that you use the insanity mask to make it seem like you would never do things as scum, but I still believe you killed Chutes because it was the best shot you had at winning this game, and you considered there was a high chance of losing the 1v1 against chutes. That's what I believe in.

And given that the first thing I was met with by saying that is mockery, it just makes me think I'm right on the money!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:19 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1110, mastina wrote:At work right now, so still no paraphrase, but what I CAN do, is give content like this, which cuts down on what I need to do later.

LuckyOtter, the reason I emphasize meta so much is because it is literally the most important tool in my arsenal regardless of my alignment but ESPECIALLY as town.

I can tell you that if you replaced out and your replacement was a player who's familiar with me, they'd instavote nom because I am that far outside my scumrange.
Creature. Firebringer. Ginngie. Alisae. Ankamius. You name any scummer who's played with me, and they'd be able to tell you why I am town here.

Which is why meta is so important to me. My meta proves that I am town, here, and it is literally my best self defense tool.

I don't really have competency in non meta defense of myself because my meta is so damn apparent, it's literally the best tool for me to use.

I can even sum it up by using three words per meta:
scumastina is Meticulous, Mechanical, and Methodical.
Town me is Whimsical, Chaotic, and Insane.

If you believe that, check out which applies to this game better.
If you don't? Go check out literally any towngame and literally any scumgame. You'll quickly see for YOURSELF that the pattern I described holds true.

Calculated, precise maneuvers as scum where the outcomes were predicted and accounted for, with me having the perfect counter, the perfect answer, to what the town had.
Utter randomness which makes absolutely no sense and is irrational to the extreme, as town.

You will also find that as scum I TEND to be nice to the players I intend to manipulate/pocket; I white knight mislynch bait and push players widely townread.
As town I TEND to be an asshole, flinging insults left and right, with the attitude that mislynch bait can still rand scum.

I don't call those lock indicators, though, because unlike the holy 3, I CAN diverge from them, even though they TEND to be true.

More later, out of time now.
I'd like to start out with a slight correction: I DO have ONE form of non meta defense--
Mechanics/role based defense.

I can say with no ego that I am one of the top 5 moderators of mafiascum right now. (For the record, the other 4 are Varsoon, Krazy, Alisae, and RadiantCowbells.) In terms of setup creativity and mechanics and role design I am almost unrivaled.

I am a prominent NRG member. I review a TON of games and design quite a number, too.

I also PLAY in games moderated by solid setup design mods, like schadd games. Plus review ones that I wasn't in.

So when I have a role or mechanic which proves that I am town.
I know it, can press it, and maximize the mileage from it, often turning my role/the mechanic into something more OP than the mod intended.

And here? I have that.
I KNOW that the fact that the two mislynch candidates were put in the rolestop internship and one was nightkilled PROVES scum were OUTSIDE the PT and didn't know who was being protected. Doubly so, because of the Parachutes self protect proving that I would know not to nightkill them.

…The problem is.
Nom ALSO has a mechanical reason to be town.
And on mechanics alone, I CAN'T prove that my mechanical clear's truer than theirs.
Thus.
Lacking a way to definitively push the mechanical angle (though I still insist that nom's refusal to paraphrase the alleged Chito/Nuko PT is a scumclaim of that internship being nonexistent), defaulting to the one and only other tool in my arsenal; meta.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:29 am

Post by mastina »

ON THAT NOTE.
I'd like to also give you a frame of reference:
I am autistic and suffer from bipolar disorder.

Both influence my play as both alignments, but it would not be unfair to say that my autism shows stronger in my scumgames, and my BPD shows stronger in my towngames.

Autistic individuals have the tendencies of being neurotic. We typically have a strong tie to specific traits and habits, rituals. We usually don't lie, and we usually have a deep read on things others miss, useful skills for a scum mastermind.
I am precise and calculated as scum, because of how my brain is wired.

As someone who is bipolar, I am prone to mood swings. Strong, STRONG energy and enthusiasm, but swinging into anger and abuse and general misconduct. Irresponsibility. Wildness. Impulsiveness. Traits that I show a plenty as town, but absent from my scumgame.

I am a creature of habit, and as town have bad tendencies.

But with this, need to get back to work.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, finally paraphrasing the internship.
I have to say that apparently I was mistaken about the bcc; I THOUGHT that the N1 used it whereas all other nights didn't, but turns out it didn't; right there in the message it tells me the message was sent to both me and nom, same as on all other nights.

Post zero, you pretty much know: went through resumes, you're hired, tech interns; one of us performing a track, vote someone to track, one of us gets randomly selected 36 hours in; selected by the scum, no guarantee of being town; good luck, recommend coding talk.

That was Monday at around 6:45 pm.

At around 7:30, nom posted "what is this".

A few minutes later, schadd replied "an internship".

nom asked a couple minutes later "who's the other person".

At about 7:45, schadd said it was me.

This ninja'd my response I was typing, because it took me longer. So at about 7:50, I said:
"That'd be me.", facepalming. I then in that same post (5) said, "For full disclosure, while I've got too much stubborn pride to replace out of the game, I intend to self-vote to get out of the game.
Also, I promised it to CheekyTeeky. I said that if apthet flipped town, we'd lynch me; apthet flipped town, so I owe it to the town to lynch me.
I don't even care if it's self-hammering; the moment we get a result tomorrow I am going to do it and literally the ONLY way I don't is if we SOMEHOW manage to get a guilty.

...Which requires a successful track.
And even if the scumteam were, say, Gemini-Chito/Nuko--let's argue for a hypothetical that that's the scumteam--do we even know which of them would perform the kill? Would it be the obvious choice, Gemini, or the non-obvious choice?

Legitimately don't know.

Let's forget our scumreads (we're more or less scumreading the same people).
Assume every player is scum, for the sake of figuring out a track target.
Who, of the non-us players (NOTE: SCHADD DID NOT SPECIFY THAT WE COULD TRACK ONE ANOTHER; SCHADD DID NOT SPECIFY THAT WE COULD SELF-TRACK), is the
most
likely to make the nightkill?

That'd be our best chance to get a guilty. You got a better idea or answer?"

At 8, nomnomnom (NOTE: NOT ME AS NOMNOMNOM HAS BEEN IMPLYING) said, "Well if everyone's got equal scum chances, I'd say LuckyOtter's the most likely given he's off the radar. It really doesn't feel like he's scum though."

Immediately after that, post 7, nom said, "Gemini's the least likely to do it unless wanting to 50/50 it. Anyone else is fair game."

And immediately after that, nom said, in response to my first post, "And RE: self voting, don't do that."

And soon after, nom said, "I still feel Gemini's scum. Chito/Nuko could be a likely partner."

That same minute, in post 10, I quoted post six, saying: "Actually, I think that's a good track believe it or not.

Otter's seen as vaguely town, but of the people seen as being town, Otter's at the bottom.

Like.

Parachutes is generally seen as slightly more town than him.
CheekyTeeky's seen as basically conftown.
You are basically conftown.
Porkens is basically seen as conftown.

Otter's just not as town as they are. Yeah, I don't think he's scum. Yes, I think he's town. But if our reads are horrifically off and he's scum? He feels like a likely candidate to do the nightkill, thus a good track. More than that...an innocent on him might not be a
hard
innocent, but it's a soft-innocent, enough of one where he might avoid a mislynch he'd otherwise eat. (NOTE: I didn't specify this at the time, by my logic for this can be defined by this article on investigatives. It was written originally for cops, but I later determined it applied to ANY investigative PR. In this case, a tracker; aim for a guilty but if getting an innocent NOT likely to be nightkilled, but which would have a high impact on the game, basically. Someone not my top townread, but not my top scumread.)

Basically, it's win-win.
We're right that he's town, we support it; we're wrong and he's scum, we likely catch him.
There IS the obvious risk we false clear him, just as there is we're right and nobody buys our innocent, but I feel like it's enough to submit a tentative:
TRACK: LuckyOtter
With the caveat that we can reconsider/change at any point."

Soon after, I quoted my post 5, and said, "Another reason not to replace out beyond stubborn pride? It's a cop-out, and I don't want a different player to inherit my fuckup. It was MINE, so *I* should inherit the consequences of it in full. They shouldn't need to be subjugated to MY mistakes when they were mine. In other words, replacing out's the coward's way out to avoid consequences of your actions and instead force a burden on both the mod and eventually the player replacing you."

At about 8:10, nom posted, "Starting to wonder. Isn't one of us getting killed tonight? Why would scum place both of us in a PT? And if so, doesn't that make it basically a 50/50 to get the result to town tomorrow?

We should probably coordinate a track target and have it be the same, so whatever happens, it's worth it." (NOTE: Until nom mentioned this, I was under the impression that we needed to unanimously vote for the same player to track, and it was just that one of us would randomly be selected to get the result. I had no clue we could have different targets until nom raised the possibility here.)

At 8:15, post 13, nom asked, "Hey, do you happen to be Informed?"

At 8:30, I quoted nom's post 12, responding: "I'd presume scum have a similar 'cannot kill the tracker' mechanism to the first game albeit more temporary.

In the first game we HAD to give out a track, the person receiving it KNEW it was from scum, and it also made them bulletproof.
Here, we're not bulletproof, but we were given a track and them giving us it was presumably compulsively done, and we know it came from scum. Kind-of removes the whole point if they can just kill us, doesn't it?

So my guess; we can't be killed tonight, but on all other nights can be.

Oh, also.

Scum killing me, if they can?
Does the town a big favor. :P
Scum killing you, if they can?
Eh, not doing the town a big favor, but I'd think there's better kills for them to make."

Immediately after, post 15, I quoted nom's post 13, responding, "Nope! I basically outright admitted on D1 that I'm a VT, when I had that discussion with CheekyTeeky."

At 8:45, nom said, "Yeah I figured as much, just wanted some confirmation. I'm bad at staying confident with assumptions; I tend to get paranoid in the long-run.

What do you think of a Chito/Nuko track?" (NOTE: This is incredibly scum-indicative because we know for a fact that one of me/nom was a scum tracker; we know for a fact that scum in the internships can make the nightkill; we can then infer that the scum would send the tracker to do the nightkill, i.e., that the person performing the nightkill was either nom or myself. Thus, there was ZERO chance that tracking Chito/Nuko would get a guilty...but what it WOULD have done is
soft-cleared them
, making it LESS LIKELY THEY'D GET LYNCHED. Also even IF Chito/Nuko did the kill...if their scumbuddy got the track result...they could lie, to false-clear C/N.)

At about 9, nom quoted my post 14, and said, "If that's the case...
...It makes me think a lot."

At about 10:50, nom submitted a LuckyOtter track, "I'll submit this for now".

On Tuesday, at ~2:10 pm, I responded to post 16 with critical analysis: "Objectively Chito/Nuko are a better innocent to get--not only are they better players overall, but also because they are less-townread. HOWEVER, subjectively, I feel like we're less likely to get a guilty tracking them. Remember, they were a tertiary suspect yesterday; behind Gemini and apthet, they were a primary scumspect for BOTH of us.

Scum COULD pick the players most accurate for the track and hope that in doing so we wifom our ways out of our accuracy...but if so, said scum couldn't include Krazy. BNL could do it without Krazy's input, but Krazy wouldn't do it. The reason WHY Krazy wouldn't do it, wouldn't rely on wifom, is because he knows me well enough to know that I don't wifom-second-guess my scumreads. Because he knows I don't wifom-second-guess my scumreads, he knows I'd be inclined to track either himself or Gemini. Given that, I'm not confident a scum-Chito/Nuko make the kill.

Basically...Krazy knows that I'm an obsessive compulsive tunneler. Selecting me as a tracker doesn't make me suddenly wifom my way out of my reads, having a player flip town that I was scumreading
still
doesn't shake me out of my reads, and given Krazy knows this, he knows that I'd track either Chito/Nuko or Gemini.

That doesn't mean Chito/Nuko can't perform the nightkill. It's possible this internship selection was done without consulting Krazy in spite of him being scum. Or it's possible Krazy was
that
convinced I'd track Gemini. But it DOES make it
less-likely
that a scum Chito/Nuko make the nightkill. UNLESS the scumteam is
exactly
Chito/Nuko-Gemini.

By far the safer play is for Chito/Nuko being scum with literally anyone other than Gemini, for the non-Chito/Nuko player to make the kill."

Took me until 2:15 to post the follow-through: "I feel...
If the scumteam is
exactly
Chito/Nuko-Gemini, tracking Chito/Nuko will get a guilty.
If the scumteam's
any other combination
of Chito/Nuko-someone else, tracking Chito/Nuko's guaranteed to not be a guilty.

In that sense, tracking Chito/Nuko has some utility. If an innocent, proves Chito/Nuko-Gemini's NOT the scumteam and thus that one of our townreads is wrong. If a guilty, pretty much solidifies the Chito/Nuko-Gemini theory, solidifying an autowin. (NOTE: If I were the gambity player nom keeps insisting I am, the gambity play here would've been tracking Chito/Nuko and deliberately having Chito/Nuko perform the nightkill to get caught; this would "clear" both myself and nom, leading to a free Gemini mislynch on D3. But of course that didn't happen because I'm not. Thus why the Parachutes nightkill proves I'm not scum but I digress.) So from a mechanical standpoint, objectively a Chito/Nuko track is a solid maneuver.

Yet subjectively, I feel it's banking on a very specific outcome and if we want a guilty we've got better odds elsewhere.

What do you think? Is the mechanical elimination-or-confirmation of one specific scumteam combination worth the probability of no guilty, or do we aim for a guilty because the mechanical elimination-or-confirmation of one specific scumteam isn't worth it?"

At about 3:30 pm, post 21, nom responded, "We're aiming for the better solve, yes? One option I feel like is definitely a gamble. With how you phrase it, Chito/Nuko does sound like a gambit. I dunno.

Terribly tired, need a good night of sleep on this."

At 7 pm, I quoted that, and went, "Well we're
aiming
for a guilty. :P
Guilties are easier to get if we have the better solve, and a guilty
leads
to a better solve, but a better solve in of itself is not what we're after. We don't need to get the exact scumteam; we need to, ideally, get a guilty...or have the innocent be a decent consolation prize."

At about 9 pm, nom responded "Okay let's do Otter then. I think that's our best shot here.

Do we announce our result, or do we come up with a code to communicate the result? I assume we don't have access to this PT after a bit, soyeah."

At about 11:20 pm, I responded, "Well the scumteam already know our role here, so not telling the town would be literally pointless. We'd be denying town which scum already know, and I don't see any reason to do that, sooo...fullclaim at daystart, yeah."

That's the first page; there's not much after that.

Just, an hour later, nom going "Okay, got it".
And then, on Wednesday at 5:15 pm, schadd doing the dice roll; 1 mastina, 2 nom, with it landing on 2.
schadd announced nom would track LuckyOtter in post 27.
And the final post, Thursday at 10:50 am, was "thanks for the unpaid labor".

That's the internship fully paraphrased.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, if you're wondering where the proof is that the tracker intern could also made the nightkill...well for one, if scum couldn't both be in the internship and kill you'd have instavoted nom because I was in the internship last night and there was a kill last night meaning that if scum couldn't kill while actioning I'd be clear but I'm NOT clear because they can.

And two, because of the disclaimer here.
In post 1, schadd_ wrote:7 town, 2 mafia, daytalk,
nobody is restricted to one action per night
. don't trust anybody who says they are "capable of moving very very fast."
Soyeah. The scum in the tracker PT made the nightkill N1, meaning the tracker was never getting a guilty this game.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

I'm back. Doing some catch-up now
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 800, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 799, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Right now I'm comfortable with C&N being my vote today.
lol, that's a funny choice. Why C/N?
Put this in the category of things I should have caught and asked about a long time ago, but do you have any recollection why you thought this was a funny choice?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

I'm caught up through D2.

Nom, obviously confirm or refute anything mastina has claimed happened in the N1 PT.
In post 1114, mastina wrote: What do you think of a Chito/Nuko track?" (NOTE: This is incredibly scum-indicative because we know for a fact that one of me/nom was a scum tracker; we know for a fact that scum in the internships can make the nightkill; we can then infer that the scum would send the tracker to do the nightkill, i.e., that the person performing the nightkill was either nom or myself. Thus, there was ZERO chance that tracking Chito/Nuko would get a guilty...but what it WOULD have done is
soft-cleared them
, making it LESS LIKELY THEY'D GET LYNCHED. Also even IF Chito/Nuko did the kill...if their scumbuddy got the track result...they could lie, to false-clear C/N.)
Yeah, this crossed my mind as I was rereading, too. I'm actually not sure why scum would chose anyone
but
C&N to "target." It seems like a fairly obvious play now. Like, obviously the tracker PT ends up being worthless as long as scum was willing to sit themselves in it, so scum!Mastina could waste the track any way she wanted, so why waste it soft-clearing a softly-townread townie (and then choose to take that person all the way to endgame) when she could soft-clear her partner instead?

Going to bed now, more tomorrow.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:11 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1117, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 800, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 799, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Right now I'm comfortable with C&N being my vote today.
lol, that's a funny choice. Why C/N?
Put this in the category of things I should have caught and asked about a long time ago, but do you have any recollection why you thought this was a funny choice?
Seemed like an out-of-nowhere choice, and in my mind gemini was caught scum and I was trying to figure out if she was voting her partner. That's why.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1118, LuckyOtter wrote:I'm caught up through D2.

Nom, obviously confirm or refute anything mastina has claimed happened in the N1 PT.
In post 1114, mastina wrote: What do you think of a Chito/Nuko track?" (NOTE: This is incredibly scum-indicative because we know for a fact that one of me/nom was a scum tracker; we know for a fact that scum in the internships can make the nightkill; we can then infer that the scum would send the tracker to do the nightkill, i.e., that the person performing the nightkill was either nom or myself. Thus, there was ZERO chance that tracking Chito/Nuko would get a guilty...but what it WOULD have done is
soft-cleared them
Yeah, this crossed my mind as I was rereading, too. I'm actually not sure why scum would chose anyone
but
C&N to "target." It seems like a fairly obvious play now. Like, obviously the tracker PT ends up being worthless as long as scum was willing to sit themselves in it, so scum!Mastina could waste the track any way she wanted, so why waste it soft-clearing a softly-townread townie (and then choose to take that person all the way to endgame) when she could soft-clear her partner instead?

Going to bed now, more tomorrow.
The PT went like she said but the analysis is simply wrong.

You also have to keep in mind that she directed the PT. She's the one that asked the questions, directed the track. All I did was respond to her logic and agree to track you because it seemed like a good choice, but again, as you can read in the paraphrasing of the PT, I wanted to track C/N because I believe the scumteam was likely to have Gemini in it, and at the time it seemed to me that Gemini-C/N was our likely scum team, and as Mastina pointed out her logic was that C/N would probably make the kill if that was the scumteam, and I agreed with that. At the time tracking you seemed like a much better move because in the case the scumteam wasn't exactly C-N/Gemini then we would encounter a lot of problems.

So yeah, the takeaway from all this is how I approached this PT was townie. Mastina directed it, and what she wanted wasn't a clear on her partner, she wanted to seem smart and be stronger in this LYLO by pocketing you and soft-clearing you. That's the plan she went with all along, and that's consistent throughout the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1120, nomnomnom wrote: Mastina directed it, and what she wanted wasn't a clear on her partner, she wanted to seem smart and be stronger in this LYLO by pocketing you and soft-clearing you. That's the plan she went with all along, and that's consistent throughout the game.
The idea that I wanted to seem smart and be stronger in lylo, is mutually exclusive with the idea that I chose to nightkill my fucking mislynch of choice/lead rival/best avenue for victory.

If I were scum I could do this, and then have it be Parachutes-LuckyOtter taken with me. Just need to have it be a Watch instead of a Rolestop, or if in fact rolestopping, rolestopping LuckyOtter.

The Parachutes nightkill runs in flagrant contradiction to this narrative; you can't both have your cake and eat it too in terms of what I'd do as scum.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:01 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1121, mastina wrote:
In post 1120, nomnomnom wrote: Mastina directed it, and what she wanted wasn't a clear on her partner, she wanted to seem smart and be stronger in this LYLO by pocketing you and soft-clearing you. That's the plan she went with all along, and that's consistent throughout the game.
The idea that I wanted to seem smart and be stronger in lylo, is mutually exclusive with the idea that I chose to nightkill my fucking mislynch of choice/lead rival/best avenue for victory.

If I were scum I could do this, and then have it be Parachutes-LuckyOtter taken with me. Just need to have it be a Watch instead of a Rolestop, or if in fact rolestopping, rolestopping LuckyOtter.

The Parachutes nightkill runs in flagrant contradiction to this narrative; you can't both have your cake and eat it too in terms of what I'd do as scum.
I honestly think the nightkill is the result of putting yourself in a bad situation with that PT in one way or another. You're not telling the truth about that PT and I know it.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;