Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:29 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

my problem is not that skitzer doesnt want to reread 120 page game..it that he said he was going to, then when we called him out on it, he back tracked and said he meant he was going to reread one person..there was no indication that was what he meant, and would like him to quit avoiding my question...this is not the only reason I think skitzer is scummy.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx: What makes today bad for an WhoMe? lynch, but still makes him lynch worthy.
Lynching WhoMe isn't going to bring up lots of discussion points and its just sorta a "Yeah, lynching him and what not" sorta ordeal, and it's evident to me what we need about now is something else as the discussion in this game is sorta stagnating.

I don't care if we do it, but I feel there is definitely someone better to lynch.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Battle Mage replaces Xtoxm, cheers bro! :D
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by armlx »

JordanA24 wrote:
Err, yeah, in the interest of the integrity of the game I would not advise this as he has knowledge of his previous role that isn't public.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Err, yeah, in the interest of the integrity of the game I would not advise this as he has knowledge of his previous role that isn't public.
Fyi, We've discussed this at length, and it's ok. I will not be able to refer to any aspect of my previous role, and at the same time, you may be content in the knowledge that my previous role does not give me any discernible information advantage that will skew the game.

I told you i'd be back. :P

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Vote: Armlx

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:38 am

Post by WhoMe? »

oooooh Bippy the lying townie is back. Have you completed your detention?
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Bippy? Lying? Townie?

0.o lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:06 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well hell he is back. I agree with armlx as to being opposed to this, but if he can not refer to his role in anyway than I guess it should be ok...Whome, BM just finished saying that he was not allowed to refer to his role, so what is the point of goading him...

I also think here on out we should refer to this BM as BM2...and of course the former as BM.

all that being said, I would like discuss what happened yesterday and BM's claim after the game is over(so do stick around)..for I am confused, why did you partially lie? I am not asking now..but I am curious for later.

welcome back chaos.

your thoughts on the current state of the game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:well hell he is back. I agree with armlx as to being opposed to this, but if he can not refer to his role in anyway than I guess it should be ok...Whome, BM just finished saying that he was not allowed to refer to his role, so what is the point of goading him...

I also think here on out we should refer to this BM as BM2...and of course the former as BM.

all that being said, I would like discuss what happened yesterday and BM's claim after the game is over(so do stick around)..for I am confused, why did you partially lie? I am not asking now..but I am curious for later.

welcome back chaos.

your thoughts on the current state of the game?
All will be revealed later. Suffice to say, i just HAD to return when i noticed that, YOU WEREN'T DEAD YET. 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:04 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM aside, I don't really agree with armlx's "we should lynch someone else for discussion." Let's lynch the scummiest player (whome). We're going to have to deal with him
sometime
, since he clearly isn't going anywhere.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Matt_S »

BM, help me lynch Celebloki. People keep distracting me.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:57 am

Post by armlx »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:BM aside, I don't really agree with armlx's "we should lynch someone else for discussion." Let's lynch the scummiest player (whome). We're going to have to deal with him
sometime
Rather use the vig then a lynch on him. Lynches are better for information purposes, and with WhoMe everyone appears to be just "Meh, he can die".

Also, BM, in that case I'm less iffy about it. I value the integrity of the game over the result by far though. You definitely were in the game where I got another townie mod killed for quoting part of their role PM despite myself thinking we were in LyLo.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:44 am

Post by skitzer »

ckd, I don't usually know who I'm going to readthrough when I start. I look at people who catch my eye and I choose them. But I think I'm going to readthrough Imat/Konehead/whatever.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:BM aside, I don't really agree with armlx's "we should lynch someone else for discussion." Let's lynch the scummiest player (whome). We're going to have to deal with him
sometime
Rather use the vig then a lynch on him. Lynches are better for information purposes, and with WhoMe everyone appears to be just "Meh, he can die".

Also, BM, in that case I'm less iffy about it. I value the integrity of the game over the result by far though. You definitely were in the game where I got another townie mod killed for quoting part of their role PM despite myself thinking we were in LyLo.
Really in my eyes there are about 4 people I can think of that I feel this way about.
WhoMe
Celebloki
Bogre / Imat
CKD - I moved CKD down to the bottom on this because something tells me I should. But he isn't in the clear yet.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Celebloki »

This game is very stagnant. My views are pretty much the same as they were the last time I posted. Whome? seems like the best lynch for today but according to the votecount hes only at 3? Is that right?
Mod: Is the votecount current?

Skitzer is being very unhelpful. He states he knows what's going on in the game but then he posts nothing but false statements.

Matt_S tunneled visioned on Peers/Me, I don't have much to say about that. Keep on truckin I suppose.

Welcome back BM.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:42 pm

armlx wrote: Rather use the vig then a lynch on him. Lynches are better for information purposes, and with WhoMe everyone appears to be just "Meh, he can die".
While I'm all for discussing the vigging, I don't think its good to absolutely fix on one target for vigging, particularly as an alternative to lynching that person. Let's say the mafia have a roleblocker, and they know farside will hit scum. They'll choose to block, right? Or maybe they'll do it, but whome is actually town. . . and now if he doesn't get killed, we can't be sure, and we have to lynch him anyway.

Vigging BM made sense (obviously mafia weren't worried about him), but I dislike vigging our best choice.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
sometime

Yeah, that was pretty dumb too. lol
So we are trusting Farside to kill CKD tonight? Have we got her approval on this? I think leaving things to chance is a bad plan, but i guess more discussion can't be bad.

@Celebloki- if anything can stop the game being stagnant, it will be my relentless content vaccinations! :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:22 am

Post by armlx »

While I'm all for discussing the vigging, I don't think its good to absolutely fix on one target for vigging, particularly as an alternative to lynching that person. Let's say the mafia have a roleblocker, and they know farside will hit scum. They'll choose to block, right? Or maybe they'll do it, but whome is actually town. . . and now if he doesn't get killed, we can't be sure, and we have to lynch him anyway.
:roll:

If they RB his vig and he's mafia, its a mislynch tomorrow instead of today, pretty irrel, plus we learn there is an RB.
Yeah, that was pretty dumb too. lol
On whose part, the person for thinking that quoting only a line was acceptable, or me for pointing it out?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Isn't it better to trust farside to pick the right candidate?

If she doesn't announce her target and she targets scum, the scum won't roleblock her (providing that they can) and she'll kill scum, so we won't have to vig her target tomorrow...

Also, I note that farside has CKD at the bottom of her 4-player suspect list, but BM makes it sound like farside has agreed to vig CKD. Maybe I'm missing something, I often do, but that's what it sounds like to me.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:41 am

Post by armlx »

If she doesn't announce her target and she targets scum, the scum won't roleblock her (providing that they can) and she'll kill scum, so we won't have to vig her target tomorrow...
Also optimal.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Matt_S »

We've established that not announcing targets is good. That doesn't mean the mafia won't roleblock her still.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:07 pm

ts wrote: If she doesn't announce her target and she targets scum, the scum won't roleblock her (providing that they can) and she'll kill scum, so we won't have to vig her target tomorrow...
Right, I'm all for talking about it, getting consensus, I just don't think farside should announce who she is and is not listening to, and because of that, I don't think we should vig whome instead of lynching him because I don't think we should decide on farside's vig.

And yes, matt, they could start roleblocking her. If she's targeting town, that would actually be a good thing. . . and since she's only targeted town so far, they haven't had any reason to start.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Updated Vote Count, prodding Andycyca and Tarhalindur

Korlash replaces mnowax, cheers Korlash!
Last edited by JordanA24 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Isn't it better to trust farside to pick the right candidate?

Also, I note that farside has CKD at the bottom of her 4-player suspect list, but BM makes it sound like farside has agreed to vig CKD. Maybe I'm missing something, I often do, but that's what it sounds like to me.
No, i believe i said that the problem was that Farside had NOT agreed to Vig CKD. If TS is right about the 4 player list, then we should probably lynch CKD at the end of the day, after we've had some more discussion of other suspects and potential vig targets.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:
Surye wrote:You seemed to confuse yourself plenty with the dahill analysis :P
I blame BM. :roll:
Why?
farside22 wrote:No I was never approached by BM. I wish he had not lied about his role. He was the only person I was sure was town.
vote: CKD

for pushing the issue. Obviously was looking to kill a townie in my eyes
BS. If you are sure someone is town, you don't shoot them.
armlx wrote:No, I'm 90% sure BM was just lying. He would do that.

I agree with the CKD wagon, but I don't know if its the best option for today. I need to go back to my list.
I dont see what you are getting at here. Perhaps you ought to explain?
And while you're at it, you can also explain why you 'agree' with the CKD wagon, but dont want to see him dead?
armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
armlx wrote:No, I'm 90% sure BM was just lying. He would do that.
I guess that just goes to show you that lynch all liars sucks. Or something like that. There's a moral here somewhere.
The moral is BM was dumb and got himself shot.
That's great. Even scum have the decency to refrain from baiting a dead guy. I guess we know what that makes you. I am enjoying the irony though. :P
curiouskarmadog wrote:mother fucker, I thought BM was fucking lying, but I thought he was lying about being the cult...I did agree to be lynched today if BM didnt turn cult, so be it..I took a gamble...

I am good to my word.

vote CKD.
Right, so you guys thought this was enough? CKD thought I (BM1 if we're gonna be pedantic) was Cult, and gambled his life on me being to blame for the cult kill, which presumably was not from his scumgroup, and...you didnt kill him?
farside22 wrote:Fine vigging CKD at night.
unvote:
vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
Why does that promise not fill me with confidence? lol
armlx wrote:Usually I promote Kscopes death around here, but we have relevant things to do with our lynch. Farside can vig him if she sees fit.
I thought you wanted her to Vig CKD?
FoS: Armlx

Also, is anyone else getting a little confused by Matt's persistent directing of the town, whilst lacking a full claim?

More to come later.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”