Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5550 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5549, Cephrir wrote:hello i was just reading this thread and felt the need to weigh in that you shouldn't assume town wouldn't have two of the same role and in fact should give that idea zero weight, especially in a theme game. as a mod duplicating town roles to see how the town will react is fun and valid

thank u
I’m assuming you’re referring to the two hydra recruiting teams? Yeah agree.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5551 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@ofrhz, your meta arguments for being town are having the opposite effect and read scummy to me. In contrast, Ausuka and Mastina are just making townie posts, period.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5552 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 5549, Cephrir wrote:hello i was just reading this thread and felt the need to weigh in that you shouldn't assume town wouldn't have two of the same role and in fact should give that idea zero weight, especially in a theme game. as a mod duplicating town roles to see how the town will react is fun and valid

thank u
All of my symmetry arguments are invalid now as they were based on the idea that scum wouldn’t get two of the same role. But yes. You are correct.
This is a Parachute.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5553 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:51 am

Post by ofrhz »

I’m not only making meta arguments

I do think my iso demonstrates that I’ve been forming and reevaluating my reads

I’ve been posting in the game in a real time manner

You can take those in isolation, but as always, I think there’s a stronger towncase to be made when you take my meta into account
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5554 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 5551, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@ofrhz, your meta arguments for being town are having the opposite effect and read scummy to me. In contrast, Ausuka and Mastina are just making townie posts, period.
Eh. Disagree, given that I specifically asked him to towncase himself.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5555 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 5536, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5451, xyzzy wrote:
Titus, popsofctown, and Tammy have died and were a town hydra recruiter.

PLAYERNAMEwelcome to Any Non-Dead Person Can Post In This Mafia Game! you are a member of the
town
, and your role name is
town hydra recruiter

each night, you can target another person who is not currently a player in the game but who has posted in the game thread. you will become part of a hydra with that player. that person will not have any activity requirements, but they will be able to act on your slot's behalf. there are no restrictions on how you communicate with members of your hydra, and you will not be required to use a hydra account, though you may do so if you prefer.

you win when only members of your faction remain, or when nothing can prevent this.

Who, RadiantCowbells, Creature, and Ether are now a hydra.
While it’s certainly possible that this is a scum hydra recruiter, I don’t see why scum!hydra recruiter kills the the town hydra recruiter. It would seem like self-sabotage for RC hydra to do this.
Nah. This is probably exactly the kill scum RC makes because it’s exactly the kill scum who is not RC makes. There are reasons to think RC town. If RC is scum, frankly, we probably win this tonight.
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5556 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:57 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 5555, Jingle wrote:If RC is scum, frankly, we probably win this tonight.
what's this logic?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5557 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Jingle »

Don’t want to talk about it just yet.
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5558 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:06 am

ok
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5559 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:06 am

when are we lynching pp
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5560 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5515, Jingle wrote:mastina tell me why you're town.
Uhhh, because on N1 due to the night start PM, I legitimately thought that I could submit a night action in spite of not having one, and that the mod would genuinely, seriously process it and have it go through, and the action I chose was Masonize? A thought which fundamentally couldn't occur to me as scum?

Also, I claimed what amounted to a guilty on Eevee, and later retracted it, whereas if I were scum, I'd commit to the bus; the retraction was because I genuinely didn't know if Eevee was scum.

Also, this is my towngame through and through, so.
Better question; why would I be scum?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5561 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:09 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5560, mastina wrote:
In post 5515, Jingle wrote:mastina tell me why you're town.
Uhhh, because on N1 due to the night start PM, I legitimately thought that I could submit a night action in spite of not having one, and that the mod would genuinely, seriously process it and have it go through, and the action I chose was Masonize? A thought which fundamentally couldn't occur to me as scum?

Also, I claimed what amounted to a guilty on Eevee, and later retracted it, whereas if I were scum, I'd commit to the bus; the retraction was because I genuinely didn't know if Eevee was scum.

Also, this is my towngame through and through, so.
Better question; why would I be scum?
Actually, I thought of a far more compelling reason why I am town, Jingle:

You're still alive.

You know what my policy is for nightkills; "Fuck fearing hypothetical protective PRs, we kill who we want to".
Even if that WASN'T my policy? There's no protective roles claimed, meaning that scum could kill whoever that they please post-massclaim.

You? You're not only conftown, but also a top priority nightkill even lacking conftown status. Your gamesolving potential combined with inherent meta familiarity with me marks you as the number one threat to scumastina…
…And BECAUSE you are conftown, nobody would bat so much as an eyelash at you dieing during the night; it isn't a kill which could be traced back to me.

And yet. You're still alive.

That in of itself is by FAR the best proof that I can provide for why I'm town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5562 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 am

oh yeah

did we ever look into why the conftown didn't die n1
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5563 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 am

although it could just be fear of protectives i guess
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5564 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5555, Jingle wrote:
In post 5536, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5451, xyzzy wrote:
Titus, popsofctown, and Tammy have died and were a town hydra recruiter.

PLAYERNAMEwelcome to Any Non-Dead Person Can Post In This Mafia Game! you are a member of the
town
, and your role name is
town hydra recruiter

each night, you can target another person who is not currently a player in the game but who has posted in the game thread. you will become part of a hydra with that player. that person will not have any activity requirements, but they will be able to act on your slot's behalf. there are no restrictions on how you communicate with members of your hydra, and you will not be required to use a hydra account, though you may do so if you prefer.

you win when only members of your faction remain, or when nothing can prevent this.

Who, RadiantCowbells, Creature, and Ether are now a hydra.
While it’s certainly possible that this is a scum hydra recruiter, I don’t see why scum!hydra recruiter kills the the town hydra recruiter. It would seem like self-sabotage for RC hydra to do this.
Nah. This is probably exactly the kill scum RC makes because it’s exactly the kill scum who is not RC makes. There are reasons to think RC town. If RC is scum, frankly, we probably win this tonight.
Alright, well given that RC promised to recruit me and then recruited Ether instead. Why did you think he did this, other than the reason he gave: expecting Pine to flip scum?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5565 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2109, xyzzy wrote:
Wagonomics has died and was a town 100-person neighbor.

Wagonomicswelcome to Any Non-Dead Person Can Post In This Mafia Game! you are a member of the
town
, and your role name is
town 100-person neighbor

once 100 or more people have posted in the game thread, you will gain access to a neighborhood with one or more other players. that player (or those players) also know that they have this trait, and they do not know any other information about you.

Titus and popsofctown are now a hydra. they may choose a hydra name for themselves if they like, but if they don't, they'll be listed in votecounts as Titus/popsofctown.

Who and RadiantCowbells are now a hydra. they may choose a hydra name for themselves if they like, but if they don't, they'll be listed in votecounts as Who/RadiantCowbells.

votecount 2.011 player voting for mastina (hated)

11 players not voting (EeveeLution Army, ofrhz, Titus/popsofctown, Ausuka, Lavender, nomnomnom, Jingle, Pine, Who/RadiantCowbells, PenguinPower, mastina)

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

mod notes: penguinpower you have to tell me what you gave me in supp
In post 2999, xyzzy wrote:
EeveeLution Army has died and was a mafia 100-person neighbor.

mafia
, and your role name is
mafia 100-person neighbor

you know that the other members of the mafia faction are [REDACTED].

you can communicate with the other members of the mafia faction here:

your faction has a factional kill. each night, a member of your faction can target another player. that player will die.

once 100 or more people have posted in the game thread, you will gain access to a neighborhood with one or more other players. that player (or those players) also know that they have this trait, and they do not know any other information about you.

listen, buddy: you gotta get that damn night action in. I expect to see it on my desk nlt 48 hours from now
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5566 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1603, Creature wrote:
In post 1555, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Hi town!Creature. :)
Hello

We should hydra some time.
Hey missed this. Sure, why not? You have Discord, right?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5567 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Who, RadiantCowbells, and Creature are now a hydra.
This happened on June 30th. If you ISO Creature, his posting was fluff on the only day he posted since being recruited and has not posted in the game since. In contrast his posting from when he first started posting in the game until June 9th was very clearly town!Creature.

Another thing concerning me is that RC has been kind of weird to me since this day started. I’m not sure why abd whether any of this is relevant.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5568 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3057, RadiantCowbells wrote:upon further reflection, i believe pine's claim (not alignment) and given that a scum roleblocker is confirmed to exist i don't think we lynch him today

everyone who hasn't claimed needs to claim.
In post 3081, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Why PP over Pine?
it's really simple actually

we're not scum (and if we are we're not the roleblocker)
titus is not scum (and even if she is somehow scum with ausuka she's still not the roleblocker)
Jingle is not scum period

Ausuka i don't think they claim cop as roleblocker and have to explain why they're still alive? plus the reasons i scumread them make sense if they're cop
treating them as clear

Pine while likely scum has a very believable, non-roleblocker role

leftovers
Mastina
PP
Ofhrz (and we can confirm his role)

so like assuming we confirm ofrhz's role the roleblocker can only be mastina or PP unless super super longshot Pine claimed what he did as scum roleblocker
In post 5300, RadiantCowbells wrote:everyone else has supported the consensus of lynching Pine today. he's going after me because i'm the most achievable mislynch and because I will likely be mechanically unlynchable after today.
I don’t think RC makes this post knowing Pine flips town. I still think RC is more likely to be town than scum here. He just sounds too convinced of Pine scum flip.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5569 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:29 pm

I didn't want to recruit Creature because he had expressed in past games that he was tired of playing town and we had privately discussed that he was tired of his slot being seen as a neon sign trust tell. That's why I wanted you guys to get Northsidegal or someone else who I could count on being motivated to help town in this situation townspewing him.

You guys didn't get NSG and surprise Creature isn't enthusiastic about being used to spew the slot town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5570 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I dunno if you think that we as scum wouldn't have been prepared to ghostwrite posts for Creature if we recruited him you have something else coming.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5571 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

RC is scum here
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5572 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm

ty for your thoughts.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5573 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Yeah, they will get ignored anyways. Congrats early on ur win RC!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5574 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:14 pm

:]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”