Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

@LUV: My comment was in response to her saying this:
In post 1563, Ausuka wrote:I just can't get any confident reads rn. It's not like I haven't tried at all, I've ISOd people and everything, but when I come out of it I still don't really have a good idea of what alignment that player is.
THAT is why I suggested she could seek help from RCE. In other games where one plays alone they are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the game thread. Being stuck they'd have to deal with it on their own. This is not the case here as there IS the option of seeking help from someone not in the game but is paired with her in the team and the mod had given then a PT to precisely talk about their views on each other's games.
In post 36, Boonskiies wrote:You may talk about the other games, but not any reads nor analyzing on the players in said game.
That's what your partner PT is for.
Now if someone is forming reads and has no trouble playing this on their own, fine. The consultant of the other head is not compulsory. However, if that someone has no confident reads on D2 and have tried on their own but still have no idea then it's recommended that they do use the special facility they were provided by the mod.

Anyway, she still has the option of ignoring this recommendation completely.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:52 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1547, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1546, Baezu wrote:Can someone please explain the FB case to me like I’m a 5 year old?
Every time someone says this I get the feeling they are scum posturing. You can read, can't you?
I agree that sometimes the "I don't get it" angle is from scum, but not always. A fairly high percentage of the time, the reader doesn't get it because the poster didn't explain or skipped through things they thought were commonly understood but weren't. And some of the hard to understand cases come from scum who know the case is false but try to push it anyway.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:55 am

Post by davesaz »

I didn't have a problem with A50's post suggesting teammate consultation.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1420, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m not sure why Enigma was killed. I don’t think he was obvious town or anything and in my experience he’s decent fodder for scum to push on. This makes me want to take a look at the reads () he said matched up with his own in . I’m not sure if the process in which Elephant attempted to interact with Alisae and case them comes from scum so I’m looking at Fire and Worm.
ok LUV can we talk about this? I think this thought process is strange; like, you think someone fearkilled Enigma because they were on the second-bottom line of their readslist? I really don't think that's a common thing and you seemed to discard this line of reasoning very quickly.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

i think a50's suggestion is reasonable but i don't really wanna make rce do more work if that makes sense; i don't think this period of inactivity will last forever or anything like that, i've just been feeling less motivated to do things in general recently and hopefully that'll change.

ftr I know I said that I have no reads but that's not quite correct; a much better way of phrasing it would be that I have no confident scumreads. I feel reasonably sure that {Aristo, Almost50, Dave, Insomnia, Nero} are town, and kinda townlean on Baezu and Nips.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1654, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1420, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m not sure why Enigma was killed. I don’t think he was obvious town or anything and in my experience he’s decent fodder for scum to push on. This makes me want to take a look at the reads () he said matched up with his own in . I’m not sure if the process in which Elephant attempted to interact with Alisae and case them comes from scum so I’m looking at Fire and Worm.
ok LUV can we talk about this? I think this thought process is strange; like, you think someone fearkilled Enigma because they were on the second-bottom line of their readslist? I really don't think that's a common thing and you seemed to discard this line of reasoning very quickly.
I don’t think it’s uncommon. I don’t feel this was an obvious night kill which is why I’m taking it into consideration. Enigma wasn’t universally town read, wasn’t a claimed PR, and didn’t crumb or drop any hints of being a PR as far as I can see. And in my experience, scum rarely make suboptimal kills with the intent to muddy night kill analysis. So I think his reads are the only thing that would make sense.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Ausuka »

Ok but Worm and Fire were slight scumleans for Enigma, on the second-bottom tier that was a group of 4; does it seem likely to you that scum would fearkill over that?

(I mean I think multiple people were townreading Enigma? but that's not really relevant to the thing i'm pushing so)
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Well when you consider how brazzen Irreal’s apporach toward Alisae and his case, then yes. I have a hard time seeing scum go that hard for a lynch.

I don’t recall many town reads on Enigma other than Alisae’s.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:31 am

Post by insomnia »

I love calling things out and having people follow up on that

Me and Ausuka do solid work sheep us, 100% failproof strat
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: insomnia
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 1660, davesaz wrote:VOTE: insomnia
What’s the reason for this vote?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

my muscles are sore today
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: Mr. Dr Worm
<(") | (")>
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

how r u doing mr penguin?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Fine fine.
<(") | (")>
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1621, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1590, Firebringer wrote:ausuka is never alisae partner. I already covered this.

alisae tried hard to pocket ausuka.
Why are you putting so much stock into their interactions? Is Alisae not capable of distancing or wine as scum?
what else should I be putting stock in exactly? interactions and individual player posts are what I am looking at. I weight more on the side of interactions for hunting alisae partner. So how else should I be doing it?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1614, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1449, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1423, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What do you think of 1261? I think that rules out half of the list to be honest due based on activity alone. I’m ruling out Elephant as well which leaves just Baezu
considering its from ali and ali was caught scum. I don't know how much we want to take stock in it. I have a hard time believing alisae and partner had much engagement.
Wouldn’t that rule out Dr. Worm from your point of view then? He has more interactions with Alisae than Baezu.
I don't think it was that much? they had probably like 3-4 posts at each other if I remember right. Compared to some people I ruled out, and the way those were at each other were shitpost kind of posts that are easier to just throw in the game.
Show

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1666, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1621, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1590, Firebringer wrote:ausuka is never alisae partner. I already covered this.

alisae tried hard to pocket ausuka.
Why are you putting so much stock into their interactions? Is Alisae not capable of distancing or wine as scum?
what else should I be putting stock in exactly? interactions and individual player posts are what I am looking at. I weight more on the side of interactions for hunting alisae partner. So how else should I be doing it?
Not that? You said earlier that we shouldn’t put stock into Alisae because they flipped scum but you’re really leaning on it to clear Ausuka as a partner or not group scum recently.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1667, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1614, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1449, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1423, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What do you think of 1261? I think that rules out half of the list to be honest due based on activity alone. I’m ruling out Elephant as well which leaves just Baezu
considering its from ali and ali was caught scum. I don't know how much we want to take stock in it. I have a hard time believing alisae and partner had much engagement.
Wouldn’t that rule out Dr. Worm from your point of view then? He has more interactions with Alisae than Baezu.
I don't think it was that much? they had probably like 3-4 posts at each other if I remember right. Compared to some people I ruled out, and the way those were at each other were shitpost kind of posts that are easier to just throw in the game.
What about this?
In post 1427, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 386, Alisae wrote:
In post 384, Dr Worm wrote:
In post 350, Firebringer wrote:its dr worm
FREEBRANGER IS LYING!!
just go with the flow
posts like these will make people actually want to lynch you
I don’t know if scum are this obvious with their coaching Fire. Alisae was going for that too scummy to be scum style though.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I said no to put much stock into one post of aliases because he already was lynched....
Show

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Which is still confusing because scum can be geninuely salty or upset they got caught?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I really feel like ur arguing to argue with me rn not, understand my pov at all.

are you trying to tell me how to play, push your idea of what to think, or tell me I am just flat out wrong luv?
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Hey LUV - what do you think about me right now?
<(") | (")>
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1672, Firebringer wrote:I really feel like ur arguing to argue with me rn not, understand my pov at all.

are you trying to tell me how to play, push your idea of what to think, or tell me I am just flat out wrong luv?
I’m not. I misunderstood your logic about not taking stock into what Alisae said. You clarified that and I still had problems with it because it’s assuming that scum can’t spew unintentionally in twilight. I pointed out that Worm has more interactions with Alisae than Baezu and you stated that they’re were stlll low. I then pointed out a post by Alisae that could imply an attempt to coach that was blatant in hindsight which could rule them out as partners. I’m not trying to shove my opinion down your throat, I’m trying to understanding to you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”