Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 510, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Let’s start from scratch then.

Miller = Momo
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx

Can everyone agree on this?
I have an objction to a part of this i wont go into
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 512, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think I hammered or anything so why are we doing a hard reset. I just think that Vecna is king is ???
I WILL NOT BOW TO HIM!
Yeah, now i definitely want to pass this
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 515, Oversoul wrote:I am offering up a competing proposal so that we more evenly spread out PRs to prevent mostly easy nightkill choices

propose:
1-shot Gladiator: Cheeky
Inactive: Saudude
Day 5 Innocent Child: Hidden Happiness
Inventor: Momo
Day 3 King: Gamma Emerald
Macho: Oversoul
Miller: Vecna
Odd Night Motion Detector: Apthet
Neighbor: Nero Cain
Neighbor: Almost50
Timid: Iconeum
Night 1 Universal Backup: Popsofctown
Vanilla: Lil Uzi Vert
Compulsive Quitter: Titus

I think this spreads out the PRs away from my strongest town reads, but it still gives them a chance to impact the game. Momo being the exception. I think momo is probably dead tonight with an RC scumflip, but at least he would most likely be able to get off one invention if he did die. Left the neighborhood alone because apparently those two can read one another. If anyone wants anything explained let me know.
I really dislike this allocation. Giving king and IC to two very lynchable slots seems yuk. If Titus flips scum we dont wanna wait for day five to flip hh.

Also too susp of gamma to give him king, for the reasons i mentioned two posta earlier.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: vecna
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 524, Nero Cain wrote:Timid = Iconeum
Vanilla = CheekyTeeky
Macho = Saudade
Inactive = Vecna
Compulsive Quitter = Titus

abd then give everyone else w/e
Besides giving me inactive, this is exactly the type of allocation thatll make the nigjtkills for scum very easy to sail to endgame with a list of people that are most suspicious. and allow them to win
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Should we not be giving IC to lynchbaiit? Also, I remember Maria R being p good although Shadow and I did tunnel the fuck out of each other in mafia camp.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 542, momo wrote:
In post 5, callforjudgement wrote:Here are the roles you get to allocate for Day 1! Each role must be given to one player, and each player must get a role.

Day 1 Role Call
  • 1-shot Gladiator
    (
    Day
    ): Once in the game, during the Day when no proposal is being voted on, you may challenge a player via bold post in the game thread ("
    Challenge:
    player
    "). All proposals that day are invalid unless they give the Compulsive Quitter role either to you, or to the player you challenged.
  • Inactive
    (
    Passive
    ): For the rest of the game, proposals that give you a
    Day
    or
    Night
    action are invalid.
  • (
    Passive
    ): If you are Town-aligned, your alignment will be publicly revealed at the start of Day 5.
  • (
    Night
    ): Once each on four Nights in the game, you may grant a new night action to a player in the game (other than yourself). Each of these actions may be given once:
    Spoiler: Inventions
    • 1-shot Bodyguard
      (
      Night
      Protective
      ): Once in the game at Night, choose a player other than yourself. Any
      Eliminate
      actions aimed at that player will be deflected onto you.
    • (
      Night
      ): Once in the game at Night, choose a player other than yourself. If you are Town-aligned, the moderator will confirm that fact to the chosen player. (If you use this ability when not Town-aligned, it acts as a Visitor, i.e. it targets that player but has no further effect.)
    • (
      Night
      ): Once in the game at Night, you may activate this role. On the following Day only, if an accepted proposal would give you the Compulsive Quitter role, you swap places in that proposal with the player who proposed it (so they end up with the Compulsive Quitter role, and you take the role they gave themself).
    • (
      Night
      ): Once in the game at Night, you may send the moderator a message, who will forward it on to a player of your choice. The message will be marked as having come from a Mailman, but the moderator will not confirm who sent it (until after the game).
  • Day 3 King
    (
    Passive
    ): On Day 3, no other player will be able to propose; as the last remaining player with a proposal, your proposal will therefore be accepted automatically, without voting.
  • (
    Passive
    ):
    Protective
    roles will fail when used on you.
  • (
    Passive
    ): All other roles will interact with you as though you were Scum, regardless of your actual alignment.
  • (
    Night
    ): Once on each odd-numbered night, you may choose a player, and will learn whether or not there was motion involving that player that night. A player has motion involving them if they use a
    Night
    action, or if a
    Night
    action is used on them, or both.
  • (
    Passive
    ): You will gain access to read and post in the Neighbour private topic, and may use it to discuss the game with the other players there.
  • (
    Passive
    ): You will gain access to read and post in the Neighbour private topic, and may use it to discuss the game with the other players there.
  • Timid
    (
    Passive
    ): You cannot make proposals.
  • (
    Passive
    ): At the end of Night 1, you will automatically gain the role of the player who was eliminated Night 1.
  • Vanilla
    (
    Passive
    ): This role doesn't do anything.
  • (
    Twilight
    ): You immediately leave the game and are eliminated.
Game statusThere is no active proposal.
There have been no previous proposals.

Proposal available
(14): Hidden Happiness, Iconeum, popsofctown, Oversoul, apthet, Nero Cain, momo, Vecna, CheekyTeeky, Almost50. Gamma Emerald. Lil Uzi Vert, Saudade, Sothis Stefon Styx
Proposal unavailable
(0):
nobody

To end day with a particular role assignment, one player must propose it, and 8 players vote for it.
Deadline is currently 00:05 UTC on Friday 12 July (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2019-07-12 00:05:00)
). It will be extended when a proposal is made.
Gladiator - Gamma Emerald
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Almost50
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - popsofctown
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Odd Night Motion Detector - apthet
Neighbor - Lil Uzi Vert
Neighbor- momo
Timid - Hidden Happiness
N1 Universal Backup - Nero Cain
Vanilla - Oversoul
Compulsive Quitter - Titus
I could live with this as well. not sure if its better than what we have, but its fine. it meets the parameters i think
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 545, popsofctown wrote:does he count replace-outs as defeats?
I count them as defeats.
he definately lost a few games as scum in 2018
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 538, popsofctown wrote:how about we generate consensus that gladiator is an antitown role and that actually using the shot is a scumclaim
and just give it to one of the 80% of the playerbase that doesn't do stuff like fake guilty results as town and lolhammer before the claim in opens.
...why do I feel like this is calling someone out
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 548, Vecna wrote:
In post 499, Gamma Emerald wrote:Eh I agree with Nero somewhat, it's better to not provoke him as it imo becomes harder to read him if he gets riled up. That said I think the clearest method to read him I've come up with only works if he gets riled up.
dont do crack cocaine boys n girls
Ex-fucking-scuse me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What the hell Vecna
<Embrace The Void>

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 555, Nero Cain wrote:Should we not be giving IC to lynchbaiit? Also, I remember Maria R being p good although Shadow and I did tunnel the fuck out of each other in mafia camp.
Sure, but we have a pretty good line of analysis into maria/HH.

Slots like iconeum, sadade - very lynchable for most, hard to read correctly due to playstyle. these two would be my top candidates for IC. Maybe even LUV, but I feel i have a flawless record reading him.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 559, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 548, Vecna wrote:
In post 499, Gamma Emerald wrote:Eh I agree with Nero somewhat, it's better to not provoke him as it imo becomes harder to read him if he gets riled up. That said I think the clearest method to read him I've come up with only works if he gets riled up.
dont do crack cocaine boys n girls
Ex-fucking-scuse me?
What, that upset you?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Because of the Universal Backup you can just give the PRs to townreads. The mafia cannot remove a PR from the game by shooting at it until MAYBE N2, maybe not even then, we don't know what will be in the pool tomorrow, there might be a watcher or doctor who knows.

TBH it seems like a design flaw and cfj think 8 chess moves ahead on what this setups N0 unlimited mafia rolecop shots does to the NK game.

This is mostly in response to 554
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Hidden Happiness »

Alright Orihime head here. I'm not as busy anymore most of my stuff is unpacked. I think I should be 100% free tomorrow but you never know what moving into a new house and all that. Time to play some catch-up.
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:31 pm

In post 530, momo wrote:While I do not need my proposal to be the final one, I would greatly prefer it to what is being proposed rn.

Giving the gladiator role to someone like Cheeky is highly sus imo. The gladiator will basically decide the D2 lynch. If it falls into scum hands, they can basically garuntee a mislynch. They chose someone that is scummy, say that they scumread this person, and think that this is the way that town needs to go.

Also, I doubt scum is going to kill anyone (me or otherwise) because of their roles because there is a backup. The kill will be based on how people have been playing.

The three most essential roles are Gladiator, King, and Backup. All three of those roles need to be strong TRs. As someone who is widely townread, (and knows that I myself am of course town), to me it makes sense to give me one of these roles. I'm aware that this may sound blatantly scummy to some people, but honestly, it's fact. Scum have daychat. If they want me dead, I'm gone anyways.
I strongly disagree with this whole mindset. The thing with a lot of these roles at least for day 1 we should be giving them to people we
do
find scummy. Because scum can't really hide any of these actions. That's why we want to give the 'bad' roles to strong townreads because that gives us a ton of information if someone with a strong role lives over someone who got a bad one. So while I'm fine getting what we have right now I think the whole reasoning behind it is wrong.
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:36 pm

In post 510, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Let’s start from scratch then.

Miller = Momo
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx

Can everyone agree on this?
Why do people want the RC slot lynched? Also from what I can read Momo is a strong townread so I 100% think he should get the miller role. That way anytime roles do come up that are investigative no one can hide behind the miller. I remember Momos scum game being laughably weak. I forgot if I was talking to someone about this or played a game with it though.
@Mod can mafia kill and do actions in the same night

If the answer is no we need to give the inventor to a towny slot and plan out what they give to xyz so anywhere we get motion that's basically a guilty.
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:40 pm

I think the current list needs a bit of moving around but I need to iso a few slots before I can give a valid answer. I wish I had someone to talk to that wasn't my hydra partner right now but we'll make due.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 187, momo wrote:I think our main priority should be figuring out who we town and scum read.
Holy crap nice post.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 190, Almost50 wrote:
In post 186, popsofctown wrote:I'd rather you be king
No, thanks. I mean, I'm much obliged, but that's a BIG responsibility that I'd rather give to someone who has both good reads and a strong personality. (My reads can vary from game to game, but a town leader I know I am not)

P-edit: It took me some time to read that post, but it confirms my read on momo (and why I wanted him to be King initially). Thanks for being a townie, momo :)
Guys shouldn't the strong PRs go to people we want NK'd? Rather than top townreads?
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 pm

THANK YOU. I feel like I'm missing the giant picture here or something. Like from what I'm getting all the townreads are getting the powers and it's like... 'hmmm wonder who's gonna die.'
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 221, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:Given that the possibility of our slot being scum has been the single largest discussion of the game so far and I don't want to play an entire game of that, I'd rather not try to create incentives for scum not to remove us from the game so let's just give us the IC, kill Momo for having a terrible scumread on me, and make MariaR hydra the universal backup because I scumread the shit out of both heads and would like to find a resolution to that issue that doesn't involve having to push a lynch on them.
No.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 242, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 87, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 53, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My guts says Cheeky should get the IC role.
Why?
Scum are gonna try to make quick work of whoever they feel they can push easily, and I don’t think we have the luxury to wait around for someone to be confirmed town in a game like this. I think giving it someone who is unlikely to be lynched or night killed is much more optimal. It could force scum to kill a potential endgame option earlier then they would like to.

I don’t see you as lynch bait and I don’t see you as a high priority night kill. What I can see however is a world in which scum may leave you alive because you’ve been pocketed or just pose no threat to them. You’re pretty solid as town though and I think scum don’t want to deal with a Cheeky that’s going to be taken out of the lynch pool late game.
Uh.. this is so contradictory I'm like wtf.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

So you want me to be killed later because I'm not a threat? There's no logic here.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:17 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 270, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:A50 why aren't you commenting on something more useful?
Town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”