Newbie 1941 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Wagonomics »

When did I bump heads with teacher?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

UNVOTE: Cyrus/Springfleg dude

With all the replacements and the nature behind this slot in particular, I'm going to redraw my vote right now before heading into ISOs land. I will say it is a werid (non AI) feeling having the person who replaced into your top scum slot also called the slot scum.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:52 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 998, teacher wrote:
In post 994, Wagonomics wrote:that's mostly just because he is extremely hard to read and for that reason easy for scum to push for mislynches.
This is kinda a weird thing to say. Like Ive only been mislynched twice in my 20ish games - once at lylo (ahem),
[Deleted due to discussion of ongoing games]
. SO I dont think Im an easy mislynch push? And I think I remember you saying in that lylo game that I am never lhf. So Im missing something.
In post 1012, teacher wrote:
In post 1011, Wagonomics wrote:
In post 994, Wagonomics wrote:that's mostly just because he is extremely hard to read and for that reason easy for scum to push for mislynches.
This is kinda a weird thing to say. Like Ive only been mislynched twice in my 20ish games - once at lylo (ahem), and once as a counterclaimed PR where I had been playing semi-intentionally scummy. SO I dont think Im an easy mislynch push? And I think I remember you saying in that lylo game that I am never lhf. So Im missing something.
I was scum that game :P
Sure, but (a) that doesnt mean you didnt think it, so that's an odd dodge, and (b) that still ignores the lack of mislynches on me. I mean, I change my game to suit my needs with the best of them, but I dont think Im ever an easy lynch so Im asking you to show your work.
In post 1019, Wagonomics wrote:
In post 1012, teacher wrote:
In post 1011, Wagonomics wrote:
This is kinda a weird thing to say. Like Ive only been mislynched twice in my 20ish games - once at lylo (ahem), and once as a counterclaimed PR where I had been playing semi-intentionally scummy. SO I dont think Im an easy mislynch push? And I think I remember you saying in that lylo game that I am never lhf. So Im missing something.
I was scum that game :P
Sure, but (a) that doesnt mean you didnt think it, so that's an odd dodge, and (b) that still ignores the lack of mislynches on me. I mean, I change my game to suit my needs with the best of them, but I dont think Im ever an easy lynch so Im asking you to show your work.
I didn't say you were an easy lynch I said you were an easy push. Actually you being a hard lynch is why you are a good scum push cause they can just say you're scummy all game to present the appearance of solving without having to deal with your greenflip. Remember that game I said you were "never lhf" I also spent half the game shading you and got townread for it
In post 1021, teacher wrote:Towncore: Emps, Holden, NaCl
Leantown: Kaniffee, Ico
Cant read him if you paid me money: Cyrus
Scumleans: Wagon, Red
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:55 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Now that I'm looking at it, I don't really know how to parse Teacher intending to hammer Ico, then townleaning him and sharing wagon but voting red. It's a lot to take in during a short amount of time.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1326, HoldenGolden wrote:UNVOTE: Cyrus/Springfleg dude

With all the replacements and the nature behind this slot in particular, I'm going to redraw my vote right now before heading into ISOs land. I will say it is a werid (non AI) feeling having the person who replaced into your top scum slot also called the slot scum.
It's scum indicative more often than town indicative.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I don't know why I quoted them individually like that. Just going in order I guess lol.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 1329, RCEnigma wrote:

Mind explaining why that's the case?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Example of Elsa Jay using this tactic as scum here

As well as using it myself here

Haven't seen it used by town. Don't think reading your own slot is a priority for a town rep in, you don't have to sort yourself so it's more or less busywork.

Why does scum use this tell? I'm not really sure, maybe to project how "objectively" they're reading the game if they are including their own slot. Or to seem more involved in gamesolving. But again they don't have to solve their own slot.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

VC 1.16
[4] Iconeum:
RCEnigma, Spangled, Wagonomics, teacher
(L-1)

[2] RCEnigma:
NaCl, emps
[1] Spangled:
Iconeum

[2] Not Voting:
Kaniffee, HoldenGolden

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-07-07 21:00:00)
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kaniffee
Kaniffee
Goon
Kaniffee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Kaniffee »

In post 1315, RCEnigma wrote:I did. I'm not sure what you're getting at?
You said emps was your predecessor
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1304, RCEnigma wrote:I'm not as caught up as you are, however I'm not as big a fan of emps as my predecessor.
Ah sorry, bad grammar.

By that I meant I didn't have Emps as high a townread as my predecessor (Red) had him.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by teacher »

Nice ketchup.

I’m back on Ico because we have two claims and I think Cyrus spewed himself town enough.

If we had a lot more time in the day I’d be trying to sort wagon and emps more but we don’t.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1021, teacher wrote:Towncore: Emps, Holden, NaCl
Leantown: Kaniffee, Ico
Cant read him if you paid me money: Cyrus
Scumleans: Wagon, Red
I had been toying with a red-Cyrus team which the kerfluffle got rid of. At this point I am slightly evolved from above:

Town:Holden, NaCl
TL:Cyrus, RCE
+side of null:Ico
-side of null:wagon, emps
Scumlean: kani

For whoever asked for a readslist. Sorry I was driving most of the day today.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

What do you think about Spangleds replace in? Or rather what he's done since repping in.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by teacher »

I don’t like it. The long ketchup without links is Lamist. I feel semi pocketed. And I find him scumreading his ownslot a little tmi where the view on the slot before was either town or erratic and therefore worth a D-1 lynch. I hadn’t ISO’d til you asked but actually would be fine wagoning that claim as well.

I would have assumed scum!cyrus would share cheating concerns by other means, so was adding that to the thought that he was too erratic to be scum, but Blergh is my overall reaction.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by teacher »

Maybe move his slot into the same level as Ico after that iso read.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1329, RCEnigma wrote:

Well, to be fair, I reckon I can case cyrus as having a severe case of newb!town, with some 9d-chess levels of WIFOM (whether intentional or not) in there, but I can see how others might have seen his slot as scummy. I know it isn't, but no one else does.
Kaniffee
Kaniffee
Goon
Kaniffee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Kaniffee »

Did anyone actually go to the posts Spangled was talking about? I just gave up and got confused.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1339, teacher wrote:I don’t like it. The long ketchup without links is Lamist. I feel semi pocketed. And I find him scumreading his ownslot a little tmi where the view on the slot before was either town or erratic and therefore worth a D-1 lynch. I hadn’t ISO’d til you asked but actually would be fine wagoning that claim as well.

I would have assumed scum!cyrus would share cheating concerns by other means, so was adding that to the thought that he was too erratic to be scum, but Blergh is my overall reaction.
Why is a long catch-up without links LAMIST? (Or was it how I did it?)
And where have I tried to pocket you?
(And I'm not SR-ing cyrus; 1306 was admitting that he looked a bit like newb!scum but I think he had some good moments in there as well, and that y'all are misinterpreting his newbieness for scumminess).
Kaniffee
Kaniffee
Goon
Kaniffee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Kaniffee »

I'm gonna give intent now. When I unvoted Ico I hoped I would see some sort of activity from it to confirm what I saw in it during the Cyrus/Red debacle, and he just posted V/LA weekend, and nothing else since. Seeing as this day is gonna end before the weekend is over I see no point in waiting any longer.
intent to hammer Iconeum; deadline 18 hours
(or whenever I actually check in on this thread whichever comes last)
As for reads list
Town: Cyrus/Spangled, Wagon
TL: Holden, Emps
Null: Red/RCE, NaCl
SL: Teacher, Iconeum
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1332, RCEnigma wrote:Example of Elsa Jay using this tactic as scum here

As well as using it myself here

Haven't seen it used by town. Don't think reading your own slot is a priority for a town rep in, you don't have to sort yourself so it's more or less busywork.

Why does scum use this tell? I'm not really sure, maybe to project how "objectively" they're reading the game if they are including their own slot. Or to seem more involved in gamesolving. But again they don't have to solve their own slot.
I didn't try and read my slot, I admitted he did some weird stuff that could be misinterpreted as scummy. Reading 1306 again I do realise that it didn't come off that way; my language there was a bit strong on his scumminess.
I regret that post's wording now.

(I actually have seen that tactic used by town; here.)

Pedit:
Kaniffee, could you react to my SL of you? Could you defend yourself perhaps?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by teacher »

Kaniffee, when I asked to rap with you I was asking you to explain why you are scum on my slot. You’ve repeatedly expressed suspicious, but not reasons. I want to see how you think a little more.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1345, Spangled wrote: tactic used by town;
Tactic is the wrong word, but y'all know what I mean.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1342, Kaniffee wrote:Did anyone actually go to the posts Spangled was talking about? I just gave up and got confused.
I referenced their numbers. It doesn't get much easier than that (unless I included links, but that would have taken a while).
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1343, Spangled wrote:Why is a long catch-up without links LAMIST? (Or was it how I did it?)
Because of - it’s relaticely simple to add links, but doing it without vastly reduced the odds of people checking up. So you get credit for a speedrrsd without (too much) concern of consistency or revealing a mindset. It’s more the joe than the what.

As for pockets, I felt like I was more present in the readthrough than I have felt in the game, but that could be because you’re familiar w me and so picking up on more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”