Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:09 am

Post by momo »

In post 187, momo wrote:
Town Tier (in no particular order)

popsofctown - I have never played with pops but they are showing a great ability to go against what is being accepted. Going against my the reasons for me saying people requesting a role was scum, but still thinking they are scum. Calling out a50 for the Independence Day thing, calling out Vecna, and exposing what would be ideal scum strats. This is town. [/color
In post 123, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Hidden Happiness
It's not unusual for some players to be disinterested by mechanics, but there's so many little things you can comment on here that it seems a little implausible she'd get bored. It's not stuff like hypoclaiming hider it's stuff like, do I want my scumread to become a miller? (I think I don't I think I just want to lynch my scumread).

I don't think the king's actions should be leashed on D3 but I think the king should be held accountable for his actions. It's possible the D3 roster is so powerful that the scum gets positive equity from the king drawing up a blatantly antitown playbook and being lynched the next day, granting inactive to the person we made the inventor or maybe even someone we made a cop day 2, killing the D5 IC, granting himself vengeful maybe... it could be some really bad stuff. So I think the kingship should be granted to a townread. A widely townread king who gets NKed would be good for us, a town king is only slightly better than a democratic day 3 and nothing like the advantage generated by a town inventor, the IC, probably it doesn't matter even as much as motion detector.
In post 132, popsofctown wrote:You are supposed to kill a negative utility PR, forcing the universal backup to become a negative utility PR. It's opposite day.

I have no idea why you are complaining about the setup design resulting in a nightkill strategy of kill the most protown player because that's the nightkill strategy in mountainous and also the nightkill strategy in basically any closed game where no successful rolefishing took place.

It's a social deduction game you're supposed to want to remove the people who are doing well at the social deduction game sorry you're not going to have some kind of fascinating decision whether it's better to surprise Veigar ult the healer before their heal spell or value removing the ranged carry but I would really consider my expectation betrayed rather than fulfilled if the rolecall mechanic added a separate axis for the nightkills instead of mostly being standard mafia.
In post 174, popsofctown wrote:
In post 153, Almost50 wrote:Here's a new strategy: Let's all in to games we know we won't play. Like, if you're on a holiday. or if you have exams, or you have a new job.. you're wedding is within a week.. etc.
You're an aussie but many people here treat American Independence day as a one shot, 1 day, 24 hour holiday. My parents planned dinner and a movie. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to /in for a game knowing you'll have a 1 day absence coming up.

If apthet is going to take Friday off from work and combine the weekend into a 5 day vacation I'm definitely with you, though, I missed Pokémon Ruby Mafia because I knew I had a 1 week vacation coming up.

Iconeum replaced into a game about a week before its wedding so we can policy lynch Iconeum here if you feel strongly about this :cop:
In post 184, popsofctown wrote:Your win condition isn't to make momo happy it's to kill all the mafia.

If he's truly your top townread you should want him king.
I don't particularly want the gladiator ability to be on someone who's eager to use it. Gladiator days generate less information. It's only a half step away from governor where technically if you fire it very accurately it furthers the town wincon but overall you're subverting the protown mechanics of the game and it's negative utility really.
In post 360, popsofctown wrote:
There have been no previous proposals.
Current proposal
(by momo ):
  • 1-shot Gladiator
    : momo
    Nope not a fan, see my previous posts. Prefer 1-shot Gladiator : Hidden Happiness, since they're too apathetic to dig into mechanics and hopefully additional too hydra to use a high-risk high-reward mechanic. When I play Mario Kart Double Dash co-op I'm too scared to take the fancy shortcuts and embarrass myself and harm my poor teammate, true story.

• Inactive
    : Saudade
    I'm pretty o.k. with this

• : Oversoul
    This seems wasteful as this slot seems legible. I'd prefer to see this on Nero Cain, who I remember difficulty reading, CheekyTeeky who has seemed to start to establish a difficult to read style so far, or even just like "the hydra because hydras are hard to read"

• : popsofctown
    I'm not going to object to getting the second most powerful role, I think if I sketched out what my INT DEX STR CHR WIS LUK spread was for mafia I'm better at scumreading than at townreading compared to the average player (but it's still easier to townread), for the record.

• Day 3 King
    : Vecna
    ok I guess I can swallow pride/proxy ego enough for this, certainly not a slot who is going to be lazy and submit rand choices.

• : Lil Uzi Vert
    Yeah I don't think LUV is generally NK bait

• : apthet
    We don't have posts from this player. Miller should go to a high legibility player. It's the opposite of day 5 IC. I'd want to see this on Oversoul or Almost50 or momo.
    [*]: Gamma Emerald
    This is actually kind of fits GE a bit I think he would tend to survive a to get lots of shots off. It doesn't necessarily need to fall in town hands because a Motion Detector can themselves be caught in a lie at times.

[*]: Nero Cain
    I'd rather the neighborhood go to a townread player or at least someone who I think would use it. There's scenarios where you want to communicate night action results only in the neighborhood so an all town neighborhood can be good and NC is pretty null to me so far.

[*]: Almost50
    I tentatively TR Almost50 so this is ok

[*]
    Timid
    : Hidden Happiness
    This role is basically VT. VT/ "can't become king if callforjudgment distributes a king again". So it's whatever

[*]: CheekyTeeky
    One of the scummier slots in the game for me by PoE so I'm ok with it getting a negative utility role, which it is pretty likely this becomes.

[*]
    Vanilla
    : Iconeum
    This is an excellent role for someone who went 49 hours without visiting the thread in a recent game >_> <_< >_>

[*]: Titus
The replace-out and the events leading up to it don't look great. I think RC is a guy who maybe has some kinds of principles and sensibilities going on that are not necessarily 100% married to his alignment, but I don't see anyway this lynch is -worse- than rand, I don't think he'd set up a categorical rule against replacing out as scum over issue X or Y.
"color" commentary by drunkpops
In post 446, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Vote: Against willing to let the perfect be the enemy of the good here
First quote is my thoughts on him during my colored post. Haven't changed much.

Next 4 quotes are posts that he made that struck me as particularly town. Challenging thoughts even when his reads agreed. Going against the status quo. All great town posts.

The last two are his analysis on the proposal. He got a powerful role, was willing to give up King, and agreed with most decisions.

Then, he voted against saying that good is the enemy of perfect. I don't see scum pops doing that. Nobody would have called him scum for accepting the proposal. But he rejected it anyways.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:11 am

Post by momo »

In post 724, Titus wrote:Like every role that has lynch potential control has a scumread on it.
ik u sr a50 but we agreed earlier in the game as town (which you would know if you read the game you fucking replaced into) that using the gladiator role is basically a scum claim.

pops isn't scum. that's facts.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 719, momo wrote:
In post 706, Titus wrote:Tldr my proposal is

Gladiate: icon
Inactive: Titus :( [For you told people, it's me realizing my spot's too shaded to be let near power and I'd be shot if I got day 5 if before it's useful).
IC: Oversoul
Inventor: Vecna
D3 King: Gamma
Odd Night Motion Detector: Nero
Neighbors: A50 and Sausuade (I think at least one is scum)
Timid: Cheeky
Backup: Oversoul (Realized he didn't have a role in my last draft).
Vanilla: Momo
Quitter: Aphetet

Lil is odd man out
Your reads are hot garbage.

Apthet has been objectively towny. There's definitely not enough to lynch him.

I kinda like gamma this game, but he's too hard to D1 read to give him King.

You clearly don't understand how to properly utilize the neighbors role. There's two main strats we can take. One strong town person and one person that we can't read that well. Or two strong town ppl so that they can discuss openly.

Your read on me changes (seriously, how do you go from gun to head if I'm not town, to u don't know my alignment). U tried pocketing me, it didn't work, so now ur trying to undermine me.

If you bothered to read the game, you would know that pops has been towny. His points that you found scummy all seemed valid to me.

Obviously nobody is a mind reader but a reasonable assumption is that the roles get better as the days go on. Especially when considering that none of the roles available today are particularly powerful.
I don't need to read the entire game to know pops is egging people on to fight each other, apthet is an active lurker at best.

I used a neighbor role to network to a flawless victory before. My pairing of A50 and sausage should be unobjectionable to you. If A50 is scum, then Sau figures it out or we got a two scum hood. If A50 is town, he'll sort Sau. It's a win for town regardless of the accuracy of my A50 SR.

Try and spin a narrative where you're a victim but the truth is your picks only help scum here. Half the thread is obvtown and it's town's job to get them the best roles that exist now.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 726, momo wrote:
In post 724, Titus wrote:Like every role that has lynch potential control has a scumread on it.
ik u sr a50 but we agreed earlier in the game as town (which you would know if you read the game you fucking replaced into) that using the gladiator role is basically a scum claim.

pops isn't scum. that's facts.
You agreed to be an idiot or help scum. I didn't.

Pops is almost certainly scum. So is A50.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Vecna »

Proposal 2 - Proposed by Vecna

Gladiator - Almost50
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Nero Cain
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - Momo
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Odd Night Motion Detector - Lil Uzi Vert
Neighbor - Popsofctown
Neighbor - Gamma Emerald
Timid - Hidden Happiness
N1 Universal Backup - Aphtet
Vanilla - Oversoul
Compulsive Quitter - Titus
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 184, popsofctown wrote:Your win condition isn't to make momo happy it's to kill all the mafia.

If he's truly your top townread you should want him king.
I don't particularly want the gladiator ability to be on someone who's eager to use it. Gladiator days generate less information. It's only a half step away from governor where technically if you fire it very accurately it furthers the town wincon but overall you're subverting the protown mechanics of the game and it's negative utility really.
Posts like this make me think Pops is up your ass momo.

I townread Vecna but I'd never want him King. He'd murder Gamma.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 729, Vecna wrote:

Gladiator - Almost50
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Nero Cain
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - Momo
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Neighbor - Popsofctown
Neighbor - Gamma Emerald
Timid - Hidden Happiness
Vanilla - Oversoul
Make yourself inventor. Then give a late game powerhouse ic.

Nero's dead by day 5.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Vecna »

some explenations:
Momo as king: I believe the role is not strong on town, only on scum. Ive put king and backup on strong townreads to ensure no suspicion on either of the slots, regardless if whether king, miller or another suspicious role gets sent there via nk. IF momo gets nkd on n1 we keep all our strong prs of today alive.

Ive put pops and GE as neighbours. they both love talking, and it allowed me to allocate their previous assignment (imo) better. also allows us to give them strobg roles tomorrow if needed, so they can coomunicate on the uses.

Ive put nero as day five IC. hes a strong asset as town if we do listen to him, and we at keast have a failsafe in case hes not. It might make him a bit of a NK magnet, but that will also help us sort the slot.

I personally think this allocation achieves what we wanted, mostly, while still keeping strong town controll on certain vital roles, while.making optimal nks hard, and giving us plenty good options for allocating tomorrows roles to townread players without doubling up.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 731, Titus wrote:

Gladiator - Almost50
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Nero Cain
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - Momo
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Neighbor - Popsofctown
Neighbor - Gamma Emerald
Timid - Hidden Happiness
Vanilla - Oversoul
Make yourself inventor. Then give a late game powerhouse ic.

Nero's dead by day 5.
Nero is a late game powerhouse, but hes always hard to sort, and loves to ruffle feathers. This enables that playstyle. If scum kill him before that, it sorts his slot at least. having IC on a slot we dont want to lynch early anyway is good imo.

I dont want inventor, since I like living.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Vecna »

also, in case it wasnt obvious yet: giving out the hero item as inventor is a scumclaim
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Titus »

@Vecna, Momo is scum or agency captured. I also think King is strong if the King knows what they are doing and isn't a hothead. (I am a hot head too.)

Nero's pretty easy to sort. He's town here. Nero also is not a late game powerhouse as he doesn't live that long.

Ensuring someone friendly neighbors him in the next four days works just the same as IC.

I'd do it too if it gets town working together.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 734, Vecna wrote:also, in case it wasnt obvious yet: giving out the hero item as inventor is a scumclaim
Actually no but that's a rare situation it can be useful and not worth outing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Vecna »

guys, I hate to say it, but im starting to get town feelings from the titus slot here.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:46 am

Post by momo »

Venca, I don't have too many objections to ur proposal. Honestly, i would prefer a neighbor role, because in case RC flips town, (or even if he flips scum), I want to have someone (that I think is town) that I can tell my reads to. That said, actively turning down King as town, isn't a something I would do. The only 100% townread I can possibly have is me.

Giving apthet backup was actually a pretty smart move for town (unless he's scum, then we're fucked). But I doubt it. Putting someone that's super active town in backup would just result in scum killing a negative utility role (say inactive) and that's a shit position for town to be in. apthet is pretty towny but not pushing hard for anything.

My main problem is you giving yourself miller. When I proposed it, it was more of a I trust you and that's fine. But putting yourself in the miller role is kinda scummy. I don't scumread you, but I'd prefer if you gave urself inventor. Ik you don't want to be NK'd but it would be much better on you.

Give iconeum miller. Odds of scum!icon are very low. It just feels better overall.
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:52 am

Post by momo »

In post 737, Vecna wrote:guys, I hate to say it, but im starting to get town feelings from the titus slot here.
i guess

but you have to consider the context this read is coming in

because she claims to have not read the game, she hasn't addressed the valid scumreads on her slot

she's pushing forward trying to act town, but i just don't feel it

completely ignoring the fact that the majority of the game wants you lynched isn't a good look

like i'm known for having an idgaf attitude about wagons as town, but as town in this game, if all the serious proposals had me getting lynched, i'd address the issue
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 681, Hidden Happiness wrote:j'mapelle Shadoweh, je suis aller a la bibliothèque pour une petite soir
Je mange de la salade verte

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Oversoul »

Titus, you put me as backup and IC. Do you think I’m a mislynch or a powerhouse late game? :?

I don’t agree with Titus’s scum read on Apthet, especially for the reasons that she gave. Aphtet is on the outskirts poking? That is just wrong.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:55 am

Post by momo »

In post 740, Almost50 wrote:
In post 681, Hidden Happiness wrote:j'mapelle Shadoweh, je suis aller a la bibliothèque pour une petite soir
Je mange de la salade verte
Quand je joue mafia, je ne parle pas en francais
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

Gladiator - Almost50
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Nero Cain
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - Momo
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Neighbor - Popsofctown
Neighbor - Gamma Emerald
Timid - Hidden Happiness
Vanilla - Oversoul
VOTE: For

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

Have to vote against the proposal first Almost
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 am

Post by momo »

In post 743, Almost50 wrote:

Gladiator - Almost50
Inactive - Saudude
D5 IC - Nero Cain
Inventor - Iconeum
D3 King - Momo
Macho - CheekyTeeky
Miller - Vecna
Neighbor - Popsofctown
Neighbor - Gamma Emerald
Timid - Hidden Happiness
Vanilla - Oversoul
VOTE: For
are you really fine with vecna giving himself miller?
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 744, Oversoul wrote:Have to vote against the proposal first Almost
momo's proposal has already been downed with 7 voting against.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 745, momo wrote:are you really fine with vecna giving himself miller?
He's town

momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:48 am

Post by momo »

In post 747, Almost50 wrote:
In post 745, momo wrote:are you really fine with vecna giving himself miller?
He's town
i get that, hell my second proposal gave him the role

that doens't mean it's a good look

and since he is town, he should be getting inventor...
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 392, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:No proposal is going to be perfect

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”