Frozen Grievous
Townie
Frozen Grievous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Frozen Grievous »

In post 95, Baezda wrote:
In post 84, Darth Easy Baker wrote: As amusing as the impressions were, they're completely getting in the way of playing the game. I doubt that avoiding revealing ourselves is so critical that it's worth it to clam up completely, so let's drop the acts a bit and just play the game.
I agree as this is what I've been struggling with. I really don't want to give the Jingle any hint at our identities. BUT it seems like pretty important information for them, so I don't like you just saying it isn't that big of a deal. Like "hey its no biggie, lets just talk normally so I can figure out who's who and get a scum win" is what I hear from your post. VOTE: DEB
Your post reads weird.

You begin with an acknowledgment that Darth Easy Baker brought up a valid concern. Why do you then jump to the conclusion that his proposed solution comes from scum trying to figure out people’s identities?
"Army or not... You must realize, Kenobi... that YOU ARE DOOMED."
Frozen Grievous
Frozen Grievous
Townie
Frozen Grievous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Reads like contrived justification for jumping onto a wagon.
Frozen Grievous
Frozen Grievous
Townie
Frozen Grievous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:58 pm

In post 98, Arist2D2 wrote:
In post 68, Frozen Grievous wrote:VOTE: Darth
Impress me
Was this about Ty Titus? Do you TR them now or just scumread baezda more?
Yeah it was about Darth Titus, but it was just an RVS vote. I have no read on the slot.
Padme Almostdala
Padme Almostdala
Goon
Padme Almostdala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Post by Padme Almostdala »

VOTE: Baezda
"Anakin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow."
Padme Almostdala
Padme Almostdala
Goon
Padme Almostdala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by Padme Almostdala »

Mace can be scum as well.
"Anakin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow."
Baezda
Baezda
Townie
Baezda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Baezda »

I think frozen is misreading DEB's post and then in turn misunderstanding mine. We all know that the Jingle have an advantage if they can figure out who is who. I have been nervous about giving my identity away, which has in turn made me nervous to post much. DEB acknowledges this nervousness they observed from many players. Then they try to get us to fugget about it and post anyways. I don't like that. I think we should be nervous to post as town. It felt to me that DEB was trying to get people to let loose and slip up their identities. I don't know what's weird about my position Frozen?
"Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... Consumed by Darth Vader."
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

Town not posting is also a scum advantage. This shouldn't be a reason to avoid giving content.
"*whistles* *whistles* *various beeps*"
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

In post 95, Baezda wrote:
In post 84, Darth Easy Baker wrote: As amusing as the impressions were, they're completely getting in the way of playing the game. I doubt that avoiding revealing ourselves is so critical that it's worth it to clam up completely, so let's drop the acts a bit and just play the game.
I agree as this is what I've been struggling with. I really don't want to give the Jingle any hint at our identities. BUT it seems like pretty important information for them, so I don't like you just saying it isn't that big of a deal. Like "hey its no biggie, lets just talk normally so I can figure out who's who and get a scum win" is what I hear from your post. VOTE: DEB
I agree with the idea in this post. Not so sure it's scum indicative for DEB but it could be.
"Lord Sidious, he, promised us peace, we only want..." *gets killed by Darth Vader*
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

In post 101, Frozen Grievous wrote:Reads like contrived justification for jumping onto a wagon.
Somewhat agree with this.
"Lord Sidious, he, promised us peace, we only want..." *gets killed by Darth Vader*
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:37 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

In post 104, Padme Almostdala wrote:Mace can be scum as well.
Any particular reason?
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

In post 106, Arist2D2 wrote:Town not posting is also a scum advantage. This shouldn't be a reason to avoid giving content.
Lack of things to comment about mostly.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Aggressively poking Annie Can Boonrunner.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Ki Adi Joandi
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Ki Adi Joandi »

frozen vote on baezda is alright i guess. i do not agree with the read but i understand it.
padme voting baezda less so. specially when in the last post before it they were scum reading deb.
"What about the Droid attack on the Wookiees?"
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 105, Baezda wrote:I think frozen is misreading DEB's post and then in turn misunderstanding mine. We all know that the Jingle have an advantage if they can figure out who is who. I have been nervous about giving my identity away, which has in turn made me nervous to post much. DEB acknowledges this nervousness they observed from many players. Then they try to get us to fugget about it and post anyways. I don't like that. I think we should be nervous to post as town. It felt to me that DEB was trying to get people to let loose and slip up their identities. I don't know what's weird about my position Frozen?
What’s wrong with getting people to post more? Do you have confident reads at this point?

there are only 4.5 days left in this day phase. Not posting for any reason is preventing people from forming reads
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 am

Post by ofrhz »

Ah that didn’t take long did it
Baezda
Baezda
Townie
Baezda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Baezda »

Why are you here Nick?
"Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... Consumed by Darth Vader."
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 am

Post by ofrhz »

I’m here to just chill fam
Baezda
Baezda
Townie
Baezda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Baezda »

Flames
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

@MOD VC please!
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Nute Krazy »

Lots of prods needed too.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Vote Count 1.03

The time is based off of California time, or -8:00, month first, then day.

Characellor Palpatine [2]:
Darth Easy Baker [2]:
Baezda[2]:
Darth Tytitus [2]:
Shirobacca [1]:

Not Voting [6]:
Anniecan Boonrunner, Obi-Someth Kenobi, Irrelph Organa, Nute Krazy, Darth TyTitus, Characellor Palpatine

With
alive, it takes
to execute.

Day ends in (expired on 2019-07-15 20:00:00)
on
July 15th, 2019.

Mod Notes:
Boon Wars Hub thread for updates on the game!

Mass mass prodding. Post guys!!!!
Last edited by Boonskiies on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

Hello everyone! :up: I'm here to post because my best friend IRL Bonskeyes told me to!

We need to consolidate wagons on a Scum, so I'll be looking at Palpatine, Darth, Baezda, and Tytitus!
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

Chancellor Palpatine's ISO is bad! No attempt to post content or anything, just dodging the game! :down: I would vote here!

Darth Easy Baker looks fine, enough effort and posting is passable. Let's not Lynch them today! :up:

Baezda looks finish? Their reason for voting Darth is really bad! :down: However I can to some degree see where they are coming from even if I think it's not worth it to not post in order to hide your identity so I wouldn't call them a scumread at this point!

Darth Tytitus also has a pretty bad ISO! There is likely town in the group of people who just fluff but I think it's a good solution to just lynch through them! :cop:

I actually haven't talked with my partner about this and honestly they've been more active so it's up to them if they agree! But I think it's a good idea to park votes on Palpa or Tytitus for now and since my vote will make 3 I would like to vote Palpatine :up:
Darth Easy Baker
Darth Easy Baker
Goon
Darth Easy Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Darth Easy Baker »

@Mod
What is the policy on hydra slips? Do they need to be quoted?
"You underestimate my power!" "I hate you!!"
"Love can't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can."
"I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me."
"You turned her against me!"
Darth Easy Baker
Darth Easy Baker
Goon
Darth Easy Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Darth Easy Baker »

In post 95, Baezda wrote: I agree as this is what I've been struggling with. I really don't want to give the Jingle any hint at our identities. BUT it seems like pretty important information for them, so I don't like you just saying it isn't that big of a deal. Like "hey its no biggie, lets just talk normally so I can figure out who's who and get a scum win" is what I hear from your post. VOTE: DEB
I mean, there is a spectrum. On one end of the spectrum is playing completely normally without regards for identity hiding. On the other end is doing absolutely nothing worthwhile which effectively prevents alt-guessing completely.

We're currently at the latter, and pretty much anywhere else on the spectrum is preferable, including probably the other end. I seriously doubt that the benefit scum incur from guessing alts is so good that it would make the game harder than if we just voted randomly.

But I'm not suggesting that we reside at either extreme, despite how you seem to be interpreting it. I want us to be somewhere in the middle. And to do that, we need to open up more than we have been.

I've played in anonymous games before. You are not as obvious as you think you are. If you try to talk like a normal person would, avoiding doing things that are unique or easily identifiable as you, the scum will probably not be able to guess who you are, but people will be able to read you, which is exactly what we want.
"You underestimate my power!" "I hate you!!"
"Love can't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can."
"I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me."
"You turned her against me!"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”