Micro 881_Tourist Trap | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Hectic »

Honestly, I haven't read through the thread properly yet because I was about to sleep. I'll be back in 12 hours.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 97, Jingle wrote:
In post 90, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 75, Jingle wrote:
In post 70, Inferno390 wrote:You have posted very little sortable content
This is actually untrue, but very few people in this game have any ability when it comes to sorting me.
Why are you condemning him off this, then?
The issue isn't that he's inaccurately reading me. The issue is that he's pushing someone else over something I'm blatantly doing and claiming that I haven't done anything AI.

That’s the thing.
You’re not doing anything like what tn is doing.
Ten is asking these odd questions and making some remarks I find funny, that in my opinion sound like scum trying to get a feel for the players in the game and trying to get a handhold on the game.
Your posting definitely does not have this feel or implications. You’re posting a lot of fluff at the very very basic level. Tn has only made a handful of posts, but they advance the game state in the sense that they have generated discussion between others. You on the other hand are posting a lot, but it’s a lot of meaningless or useless information for sorting/game state.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

@Hectic: In most scenarios, yes, you do not claim BP. But in this setup, there is a strat that can make things much harder down the road for scum based on whether or not a BP is claimed in this phase.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

This is actually untrue, but very few people in this game have any ability when it comes to sorting me.
The issue isn't that he's inaccurately reading me. The issue is that he's pushing someone else over something I'm blatantly doing and claiming that I haven't done anything AI.
Ok I understand that.
VOTE: Inferno
I'll actually join you here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 99, Hectic wrote:
Conflict of Interest:
This is my first game on this site, but I've played a few games on my university's mafia society forum. I think my chances are lower than average.

All the hydras in this game scare me; are hydras harder or easier to read than an individual?

Also, why is it good to claim bp straight away? My understanding is that it'd be a confirmed town that is risky to shoot at by mafia in the night, but couldn't mafia then have a roleblocker, given they're in the same column?
Mafia RB can't do anything against BP. In addition there's a second step we'll get to if everyone claims not BP.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantTroubadour
RadiantTroubadour
Mafia Scum
RadiantTroubadour
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by RadiantTroubadour »

... wig

VOTE: gamma

hectic, as gamma said roleblockers only stop active abilities. if there's a bp we prevent scum from fakeclaiming it (which they can do in the jk/vt/goon setup), get a conftown that if shot doesn't add to our mislynches so theres little utility in the protection claimed or not (besides obviously forcing scum to spend 2 phases to kill a bp), and if there's no bp but there is a tracker they can claim so that the doctor can protect them in secret every night for a psuedo follow the cop (the second part gamma is referring to). this is widely agreed to be the optimal play for the setup and was found late into its life by my other head actually :P

hydras can be annoying to read sometimes if you have different reads on the different heads, but for the most part as long as both players communicate with each other theyre usually cohesive enough to be read as a single unit
hydra of RadiantCowbells and gigabyteTroubadour/Katyusha
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Gamma, have you compared Jingle’s ISO and Conflict’s side by side?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 35, Inferno390 wrote:Firstly, I will agree that it feels weird. It’s a lot of words for an entrance I think.
But if it feels weird, wouldn’t you rather push the hydra to see if it obvtowns or not?
In post 41, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 33, Jingle wrote:Does it read like town pocketing or scum pocketing?

Did you go back to reread his entrance when I called attention to it, or was it a happy accident?
Happy accident. You super ninja’d me.
I feel like, knowing RC is on the other end, it’s scummy. I think if it was town it would have come off a little differently. But I’m not sure.
In post 32, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 7, Conflict of Interest wrote:.
RadiantTroubadour
: I'd like for us to get on the same wavelength as soon as possible, so if you could just immediately send a mountain of stuff at me rather than spreading it over weeks, that would be great. I look forward to working with you if you're town.

~tn5421
Why does this read like pocketing to me?
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 106, Inferno390 wrote:Gamma, have you compared Jingle’s ISO and Conflict’s side by side?
I saw your point but the problem is he says you're suspecting someone with similar posting and you replied saying CoI's posting was different but you also stated a town read on CoI so there's a doubt that Jingle may mean someone else.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Or I missed the point entirely, damn.
<Embrace The Void>

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 99, Hectic wrote:Also, why is it good to claim bp straight away? My understanding is that it'd be a confirmed town that is risky to shoot at by mafia in the night, but couldn't mafia then have a roleblocker, given they're in the same column?
There is a 1/6 chance that BP is a safeclaim for scum. (The scum PoV is actually 1/4 or 0).

Forcing scum to commit to that earlier as opposed to being able to claim when they're under pressure means it's less so a fakeclaim.

Similarly, Town can safely claim BP as BP and be a functional innocent for the game since scum would need to spend two days shooting them.

Additionally, in the case that we're in Doc/Tracker, Tracker can be assured of the existence of a Doc via the nature of the setup. Which allows for the breaking strat of Follow the Tracker (Tracker claims/Doc protects tracker ad nauseam.

Whether this is actually an optimal strat is fairly well accepted by everyone but me, but the people who know my proposed scum strats to take advantage of it in this game are Jingle and RadiantCowbells.

Which means, of course, that scum Jingle is either not taking advantage of those strats in the interest of pocketing RC, scum Jingle is not taking advantage of those strats because we're in RB, or Jingle is town.

Which further means that in the absence of a roleblocker, RC/Jingle is a functionally impossible team.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 105, RadiantTroubadour wrote:VOTE: gamma
Hmmm.
This is a Parachute.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 108, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 106, Inferno390 wrote:Gamma, have you compared Jingle’s ISO and Conflict’s side by side?
I saw your point but the problem is he says you're suspecting someone with similar posting and you replied saying CoI's posting was different but you also stated a town read on CoI so there's a doubt that Jingle may mean someone else.
In post 109, Gamma Emerald wrote:Or I missed the point entirely, damn.
Yeah you did.
For a start I do not have a town read on Conflict.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

My point is that Jingle is saying that he is doing the same sort of things as tn and I am scumreading Conflict and not him for those things.
A quick ISO comparison shows that their posting is nowhere near similar and a look at my ISO shows that not only have I called a hard scumread on Conflict, I’m pushing the slot for reasons that Jingle in no way has done AND called weird himself.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

You're pressuring him for buddying RC and an awkward entrance. (note, you're specifically not scumreading tn, you've made that clear.)
In post 76, Inferno390 wrote:Firstly, I’m not “scumreading” tn either. I’m just putting pressure in the slot’s direction because I think his posting has been weird.
I agree that the entrance was weird. I also have been buddying both RC and tn, and you've been ignoring that, which is also weird. Additionally, you say I haven't been doing anything, when about a third of my ISO is game relevant.

So, to recap:

tn is buddying RC which is specifically objectionable.
Jingle is buddying RC which is NAI.
tn is null.
You're putting pressure on tn.
Jingle is fluffposting and therefore null.
You're not putting pressure on Jingle.

moar pressure, plz.
This is a Parachute.
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Conflict of Interest »

In post 99, Hectic wrote:
Conflict of Interest:
This is my first game on this site, but I've played a few games on my university's mafia society forum. I think my chances are lower than average.

All the hydras in this game scare me; are hydras harder or easier to read than an individual?

Also, why is it good to claim bp straight away? My understanding is that it'd be a confirmed town that is risky to shoot at by mafia in the night, but couldn't mafia then have a roleblocker, given they're in the same column?
If you're familiar with any of the individual heads of a hydra, that makes it easier to read them.
If you're not, they are equally likely to be easier or harder to read.

Claiming BP straight away gives town a confirmed town that cannot simply be removed by the scum team, it also lets us narrow down the setup and reduce the number of fake claims mafia can make. From 6 possible setups to 2 if there is a bp, or 4 if there isn't a bp.
In post 101, Inferno390 wrote:

That’s the thing.
You’re not doing anything like what tn is doing.
Ten is asking these odd questions and making some remarks I find funny, that in my opinion sound like scum trying to get a feel for the players in the game and trying to get a handhold on the game.
Your posting definitely does not have this feel or implications. You’re posting a lot of fluff at the very very basic level. Tn has only made a handful of posts, but they advance the game state in the sense that they have generated discussion between others.
You on the other hand are posting a lot, but it’s a lot of meaningless or useless information for sorting/game state.
I'm not quite sure how to react to this.
I can't remember the last time I was seriously scumread while playing my town game.

What you really need to ask yourself is: What is the scum motivation for playing like I'm playing, and then ask, what is the town motivation for playing like I'm playing.

You could also meta dive me, as I recently updated my wiki to include pretty much every game I've completed on site.

The tone of this last part implies pretty heavily that you consider me to be more town than Jingle is, but you're still voting me? And if you're wondering why I came to this conclusion? Read the part of the quote I bolded again.
In post 112, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 108, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 109, Gamma Emerald wrote:Or I missed the point entirely, damn.
Yeah you did.
For a start I do not have a town read on Conflict.
Go meta dive me so I can scumread you for this stance.
~tn
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm

In post 114, Jingle wrote:You're pressuring him for buddying RC and an awkward entrance. (note, you're specifically not scumreading tn, you've made that clear.)
In post 76, Inferno390 wrote:Firstly, I’m not “scumreading” tn either. I’m just putting pressure in the slot’s direction because I think his posting has been weird.
I agree that the entrance was weird. I also have been buddying both RC and tn, and you've been ignoring that, which is also weird. Additionally, you say I haven't been doing anything, when about a third of my ISO is game relevant.

So, to recap:

tn is null.

moar pressure, plz.
This isn't a happy jingle at all.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 116, Conflict of Interest wrote:This isn't a happy jingle at all.
:(

Why can't I be happy and snarky at the same time?
This is a Parachute.
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:04 pm

In post 117, Jingle wrote:
In post 116, Conflict of Interest wrote:This isn't a happy jingle at all.
:(

Why can't I be happy and snarky at the same time?
it's a song of sadness
a song of storms, if you will
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Conclusion: apply memetic chainsaw to dying fire

VOTE: inferno390

~tn
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Jingle »

This is a Parachute.
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 114, Jingle wrote:You're pressuring him for buddying RC and an awkward entrance. (note, you're specifically not scumreading tn, you've made that clear.)

So, to recap:

tn is null.

moar pressure, plz.
See, I don't read your posting as buddying RC. It reads similarly to the last time I played with both of you and you bantered against each other. So I'm taking it as null. And it's not just tn's buddy that is bothering me, as you would understand if you were reading my posts.
And tn is not null. It's a slight scumlean.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Tn: I do not townread you more than Jingle. I townread you less.
Now with that out of the way, I can see a world where you as scum are trying to feel out the players in the game, who is more experienced, who is lees experienced, who could be a threat to your wincon, etc. And your questions, from a town standpoint, seem weird. I can't see a town reason why you would ask anyone what their favorite tactic to form reads is.
Under this context, the RC buddying makes sense, because I know he can have a lot of town influence and be a problem for scum players. Having some sort of early sway over what he is thinking can be very powerful for guiding mislynches and the like.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Conflict of Interest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Let's be honest, RC isn't the threat scum!tn is worried about, but Jingle and Katyusha

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”