Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 974, Oversoul wrote:I feel like we are spending an inordinate amount of time discussing role distribution and kind of just accepting Titus's death which is making me paranoid. I think the most important roles to actually distribute is the miller for obvious reasons and potentially Day 3 King, but to a lesser extent. I think we need to refocus because there seems to be some consternation about Titus and Not-Titus.
I'm having a hard time being active in this game because of the mechanics talk. I'm not very good at it, and I tend to start sheeping if I can't keep up with the discussion.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Vecna
Pops
Momo
Hidden Happiness
Aphtet
Almost

--

These are the people I feel confident about being town in this game. I really do not know how to feel about Titus anymore because she keeps attacking some of the people on the above list for reasons that I do not agree with. That in combination with the death spiral that RC had with Momo where Momo came out a lot better makes me think Titus is likely to be scum.

I would like to see everyone's opinion about Titus as well as some of their top town reads. If we can form a consensus about the town reads, I do not really think Day 1 role allocation is going to matter beyond the earlier referenced roles.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Iconeum »

HH pinged me in their opening post directly soft-pushing towards King/inventor power.
In post 78, Hidden Happiness wrote:Riruka-san was telling me that people were reading my first post as scummy. Well, I think the way I want to go about this at least for myself is give me a role that I find fun with and then give the stronger powers to lynchbait/people on the weaker side. I think giving townreads not as strong powers at least early would make nightkills extremely telling if someone killed say a macho/inactive towny over someone with the inventor etc. I think it's a good way to force information out.
For example, I know for a fact we'll probably not get King as I want, but we should probably give it to once again, a lynchbait player and see if we can agree on someone for them to king the day before or after and see if mafia let them live or not.

Okay can I never talk about mech again thanks. I'll get super bored fast. In terms of reads...
VOTE: Vecna
10 points if anyone else sees what I see.
~Orihime
Not being open about your reads, and letting others come in with theirs to piggy back isn't town-motivated
In post 222, Hidden Happiness wrote:There is a lot of weird role talk/alignment talk being based around RC when he's barely here. The argument to neuter him so scum don't kill him is fair but neutering him so he doesn't roll the game is ridiculous.

Idk about Maria but I joined this because the mechanics looked neat, if you give me Inactive I'll be upset
Defending RC is unnecesary there, and pings me. Being that scared to get Inactive is also meh.
In post 806, Hidden Happiness wrote:1-shot Gladiator: Oversoul
Inactive: Gamma Emerald (following partner on this one)
Day 5 Innocent Child: Hidden Happiness (grumble)
Inventor: Iconeum
Day 3 King: popsofctown
Macho: Nero Cain
Miller: momo
Odd-Night Motion Detector: Luv (But we leash him to where we want him)
Vecna:Neighbor
Saudade: Neighbor
apthet: Timid
CheekyTeeky:Night 1 Universal Backup
Titus:Vanilla
Compulsive Quitter: Almost50
I did nothing to deserve a power like Inventor. A50 should never be the lynch here. Why let HH live for so long? Titus just vanilla?
There's all kinds of wrong here.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 974, Oversoul wrote:I feel like we are spending an inordinate amount of time discussing role distribution and kind of just accepting Titus's death which is making me paranoid. I think the most important roles to actually distribute is the miller for obvious reasons and potentially Day 3 King, but to a lesser extent. I think we need to refocus because there seems to be some consternation about Titus and Not-Titus.
Maybe your townreads who keep having spammy mechanics talk and harping on me might not be town...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I retract my scumread on pops after rereading. I thought I remembered similar interactions like HH, but I was mistaken.

Wouldn't mind if HH takes the lynch, and let Titus have something like Inactive.
I'd take vanilla/timid/gladiator or any of the lesser utility roles myself and let the more important ones go to the list as Soul gave above, with the exception of HH.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 977, Iconeum wrote:A50 should never be the lynch here. Why let HH live for so long? Titus just vanilla?
So much wrong here

A50 is obvscum, so why not lynch?
HH is town so why not have him live.
What's wrong with being vanilla? It appeases the Titus sucks crowd while keeping town me alive.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 957, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 930, Vecna wrote:and if the worst argument against giving you IC is "ill jus tget shot n4" then im not all that bothered? four days of play is a lot in a 14 player setup, abd the game could be over already before.
then shouldn't you be trying to get IC if you believe that?

Also, you can't ask my opinion on getting it and then fuss at me for giving my opinion.
I wasnt fussing, you asked me for a reaction to your reply which was that youd get shot n4 for having IC.

And if people generally had a hard time reading me and were prone to mislynch me, I would. But that usually is not the case.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 975, Iconeum wrote:
I'm having a hard time being active in this game because of the mechanics talk. I'm not very good at it, and I tend to start sheeping if I can't keep up with the discussion.
Feel free to instead discuss who you think is scum and town, nothing of the mech talk should dissuade you from javing a meaningfull talk on that topic.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 78, Hidden Happiness wrote:

Okay can I never talk about mech again thanks. I'll get super bored fast. In terms of reads...
~Orihime

-------------------------

I still want to know what that was about. Noone else apparently saw it, so I want to hear it from the horses mouth.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 973, popsofctown wrote:I just wanted to get the inventor role and change my avatar to Miu.

But none of you will let me have a nice thing.
pfffft this was funny ngl
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Hidden Happiness »

In post 983, Vecna wrote:In post 78, Hidden Happiness wrote:

~Orihime

-------------------------

I still want to know what that was about. Noone else apparently saw it, so I want to hear it from the horses mouth.
Oh, I was hoping no one would ask about that. >_> I asked Maria why she did that before she started packing in case someone asked, and she said she wanted to end RVS and start discussion. She didn't actually have a thing about you at the time. :V

"Why let HH live so long" are you suggesting it's scummy that we didn't propose lynching ourselves instead Icon? IDK why Maria is townreading you but 'towny person that isn't going to get nk'd' is the idea there. I personally would rather propose you die in a creek. Saying I was "Scared" to get Inactive is insulting though, I clearly want to actually play the game instead of being locked out of doing the fun stuff.

- The Not Maria Head
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 981, Vecna wrote:I wasnt fussing, you asked me for a reaction to your reply which was that youd get shot n4 for having IC.
you asked me my feelings about having it, yes. And town with a public IC role is just going to get shot @ some point, like thats just commomn sense. But then you misrepped the absolute fuck out of me and said that I was arguing against me being an IC.

you're just fucking scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:12 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Game statusFailed proposals:
Spoiler: momo's proposal
For
(4): momo, Almost50, Iconeum, Saudade
Against
(7): Hidden Happiness, popsofctown, Nero Cain, Oversoul, Titus, Lil Uzi Vert, Vecna
Not voting
(3): apthet, CheekyTeeky, Gamma Emerald
Spoiler: Vecna's proposal
For
(2): Vecna, Lil Uzi Vert
Against
(7): Titus, Oversoul, Nero Cain, popsofctown, momo, CheekyTeeky, Almost50
Not voting
(5): Iconeum, Saudade, apthet, Gamma Emerald, Hidden Happiness
Current proposal
(by popsofctown):
For
(4): popsofctown, Almost50, Oversoul, Saudade
Against
(4): Hidden Happiness, Titus, Vecna, Nero Cain
Not voting
(6): Iconeum, apthet, Gamma Emerald, CheekyTeeky, Lil Uzi Vert, momo

Proposal available
(11): Hidden Happiness, Iconeum, Oversoul, apthet, Nero Cain, CheekyTeeky, Almost50, Gamma Emerald, Lil Uzi Vert, Saudade, Titus
Proposal unavailable
(3): momo, Vecna, popsofctown

To end day with a particular role assignment, one player must propose it, and 8 players vote for it.
Deadline is currently 00:05 UTC on Sunday 21 July (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2019-07-21 00:05:00)
). It will be extended when a proposal is made.

Unofficial vote count
CheekyTeeky
(2): popsofctown, Saudade
Hidden Happiness
(1): Iconeum
Vecna
(1): Hidden Happiness
Iconeum
(1): Oversoul

These votes don't do anything, but I'm counting them anyway.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 986, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 981, Vecna wrote:I wasnt fussing, you asked me for a reaction to your reply which was that youd get shot n4 for having IC.
you asked me my feelings about having it, yes. And town with a public IC role is just going to get shot @ some point, like thats just commomn sense. But then you misrepped the absolute fuck out of me and said that I was arguing against me being an IC.

you're just fucking scum.
"Misrepped the absolute shit out of you"? Really now?

I initially asked why you only responded about my role allocation and didnt comment about your own IC allocation while voting down the proposal. Then you promptly vote for the next proposal while ive been giving a way more important role.

I never stated you were arguing against you being an IC, I was insinuating you were being shady about it in another way and were avoiding the topic
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:29 am

Post by apthet »

In post 947, Oversoul wrote:Momo and Apthet, can you further explain your Almost read’s?
I don't have a particularly strong argument and I'm not really pursuing that or doing a close read. I just think having him in a neighborhood with a townier player is a useful move (and he could be replaced with any number of people who I don't have any reason to townread). One thing I disliked was him saying that we should get rid of Titus "regardless of alignment" which seemed to me like a way to push a move without committing to the associated read.
In post 951, Oversoul wrote:Could you explain the underlined bit? Are we not all just vanilla townies?
I don't think I'm ready to say more.
In post 974, Oversoul wrote:I feel like we are spending an inordinate amount of time discussing role distribution and kind of just accepting Titus's death which is making me paranoid.
Waiting to be convinced otherwise. Especially since you presumably have more experience with her than I do (she said she was the highest postcount on this site?). But the way I see it right now, she's floundering and is not honestly or genuinely engaging with any of her scumreads.
In post 975, Iconeum wrote:I tend to start sheeping if I can't keep up with the discussion.
I think I will townread this in much the same way I townread Saudade's disengagement.
In post 976, Oversoul wrote:I would like to see everyone's opinion about Titus as well as some of their top town reads. If we can form a consensus about the town reads, I do not really think Day 1 role allocation is going to matter beyond the earlier referenced roles.
Vecna, you, Gamma. momo. Maybe Nero and maybe even pops as well.
sometimes i want to rest
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Oversoul »

I do have experience with Titus but she’s pretty inscrutable for me. Nero Cain, Titus, Mastina, Thor665, all players that I can’t read and think are all scummy always.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Vecna »

Anyways, I need to just refrain from talking to Nero too much. Nothing productive ever comes of it, and for some reason we always irritate the shit out of eachother
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 989, apthet wrote: I don't think I'm ready to say more.
Is this a softclaim?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 992, popsofctown wrote:
In post 989, apthet wrote: I don't think I'm ready to say more.
Is this a softclaim?
Of what?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Titus »

Can you just reject this proposal and lynch the scumclaimer?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Let apthet answer
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 am

Post by apthet »

My role is not vanilla, is powerless right now, but has the potential of synergizing with combinations of roles later in the game. As I said before, I think one of those roles could be motion detector.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 am

Post by apthet »

I crumbed it earlier but stating it more explicitly means this current proposal might be best right now for strategizing around the nightkill + WIFOM around my claim.
sometimes i want to rest
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 991, Vecna wrote:Anyways, I need to just refrain from talking to Nero too much. Nothing productive ever comes of it, and for some reason we always irritate the shit out of eachother
Good, I like it when my boys get along.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Titus »

In post 997, apthet wrote:I crumbed it earlier but stating it more explicitly means this current proposal might be best right now for strategizing around the nightkill + WIFOM around my claim.
Yeah, see I got a slight bone to pick with that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”