Newbie 1941 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:24 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I let yall off easy this time. The thread better be talkative within two hours, or I will post more, much more scandalous, fanfics
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

VC 2.2
[1]Kaniffee:
Spangled
[1]teacher:
Kaniffee

[6] Not Voting:
emps, NaCl, teacher, RCEnigma, Wagonomics, HoldenGolden

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-07-16 19:17:46)

Mod Notes:
Mod will be V/LA this weekend, this will likely mean no prods or VCs until monday.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 am

Post by NaCl »

@Holden
In post 1493, HoldenGolden wrote:This thread feels dead and that is bothering me. That makes me a bit wary on my read on kaniffee. Scum does not seem motivated to move the game state away from her lynch, nor dismantling it. Nobody has really come forward and posted anything defending her to a significant degree.

<Stuff removed for space>

To the people not voting, I want to hear your opinions on today's lynch and who you want. I rather have more days to discuss then us scrambling to lynch somebody.
Let's see. I agree with , I don't see it either and want an example. I'm suspicious of Kaniffee, but the game state doesn't seem to be going either way, like you said. So I'm a bit hesitant. Still, I like everyone on the wagon so far, but that's not saying much, there's just 2 of you.

As for my lynches, I'm leaning towards Kanifee as well, but RCE hasn't posted for a while and pretty much didn't say anything today. So I'm still unsure on this slot. I'm reconsidering Teacher, seems more towny now. And Wagon is more null to me. I could possibly vote them but I'm not really feeling that as much. Anyone else is pretty much a strong town from me.

@Kaniffee

Okay then, I really need you to explain your Wagonomics reads. Because you've seen him as strong town all game, and I don't see it as much. Please prove your reads aren't manufactured.

Also, regarding Iconeum, could you explain more about why you were scumreading him in your last vote on him?
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Wagonomics »

In post 1496, teacher wrote:But look who’s being inactive/basically no game relevant posts - wagon, RC: the SEs who should be setting an example.
Are you scum teacher? lol

I have two solid townreads and am thinking about my PoE. I think that forming a consensus townblock is way stronger than declaring a crusade or whatever it is you think SEs should be doing in a newbie game.

Also, basically all of my posts are game relevant...? And I don't exactly see RC as shitposting so wtf are you saying here?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 am

Post by teacher »

In post 1497, HoldenGolden wrote:Hell, even you suspect kan but haven't joined the wagon (though you have been around to voice your view which I appreciate).
Actually I’m coming around to him be in town and in any event have a bigger suspect I’ve been sitting on til they get active for a bit. Also, after reading that one, I need a shower.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 1501, Xtoxm wrote:
VC 2.2
[1]Kaniffee:
Spangled
[1]teacher:
Kaniffee

[6] Not Voting:
emps, NaCl, teacher, RCEnigma, Wagonomics, HoldenGolden

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-07-16 19:17:46)

Mod Notes:
Mod will be V/LA this weekend, this will likely mean no prods or VCs until monday.
@Mod, A) are we allowed to do unofficial VCs this weekend due to V/LA? B) Can we still talk after a lynch has been reached if it occurs during that time?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Nice to know I can just post a cringle fanfic whenever I want people to post holly molly that worked way too well.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 am

Post by teacher »

In post 1505, HoldenGolden wrote:are we allowed to do unofficial VCs this weekend due to V/LA? B) Can we still talk after a lynch has been reached if it occurs during that time?
I’ll answer as a mod but not the mod of this game:
Nothing prevents you from posting a vc at any time (I think I did one already this game iirc) and you may always talk unless the thread is locked or you died/replaced.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1505, HoldenGolden wrote:@Mod, A) are we allowed to do unofficial VCs this weekend due to V/LA? B) Can we still talk after a lynch has been reached if it occurs during that time?
A) Yes, of course.
B) Yes, I have no limitations on talking during twilight (the time between a hammer vote being placed and the mod locking the thread).
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:39 am

Post by teacher »

@1503: I don’t find most of your posts today particularly game advancing and I’ve been waiting for RCs pro/con on our two slots for a couple days.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

@NaCl
That's fair I suppose. I think spangled cleared up some of my suspicions on the cyrus slot, so I'm not super worried about him being on the wagon with me. I can understand a RC lynch as well.

A little bit off topic, but I have a read I'm a bit wary of if i may ask you for your opinion. What do you make of emps slowdown of posts? It worries me a bit, but I still find his day one play townie
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:45 am

Post by teacher »

Do you mind if I butt in in that question?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I don't care, knock yourself out.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 am

Post by teacher »

I think activity levels both early and later were consistent site wide - perhaps the vacation got more active. You can judge yourself but that’s my two cents.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 1510, HoldenGolden wrote:@NaCl
A little bit off topic, but I have a read I'm a bit wary of if i may ask you for your opinion. What do you make of emps slowdown of posts? It worries me a bit, but I still find his day one play townie
I still think he's town. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure he said something about trying to post less partway through day 1? But I don't quite remember and he has a few too many posts for me to be bothered searching through it for something like this.
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Wagonomics »

In post 1509, teacher wrote:@1503: I don’t find most of your posts today particularly game advancing and I’ve been waiting for RCs pro/con on our two slots for a couple days.
Yeah RC needs to post more, that's fair, but "I have two townreads and am thinking" is not fluffposting.

It can be just as productive to give my townreads some room to work as it is to come in all tryhard
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Hmm, yeah, I think I was just being paranoid about it with him.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 am

Post by teacher »

You’re pointing to a post you made AFTER I said you were absent as contradicting my point :lol:
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Wagonomics »

VOTE: teacher
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Wagonomics »

is an explicit statement of two townreads and you think I have no game advancing content and then accuse me of only saying I have townreads this page, which tells me you are putting 0 thought into actually understanding my posts but are trying to characterize my posting as light anyway
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am

Post by teacher »

When I mobile iso slimmed I only saw one in there. Fair enough.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 1497, HoldenGolden wrote: Honestly, it's really freaking annoying. I felt I had a good town list to PoE from day 1, but now it's like I'm begining a new game.
Maybe we should start RVS all over again.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Spangled »

Woah, Wagonlad.
I'm really not sure that's enough to call teacher scum, especially since I think he's been fairly towny the whole game.
That's out of the blue.
Kaniffee
Kaniffee
Goon
Kaniffee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Kaniffee »

In post 1502, NaCl wrote:
@Kaniffee

Okay then, I really need you to explain your Wagonomics reads. Because you've seen him as strong town all game, and I don't see it as much. Please prove your reads aren't manufactured.

Also, regarding Iconeum, could you explain more about why you were scumreading him in your last vote on him?
I just reread through Wagon's ISO and basically he just seems town without trying too hard. He just seems self-assured in his townness and it comes through in his posts. He doesn't feel the need to aggressively prove it either. I wouldn't say he's "strong town" because he isn't a very pushy town, I'm just confident in the townie vibes I get from him.

Jackal's original lack of posting and sheepy vote is what started it. With Iconeum as the replacement I didn't find its arguments against Wagon very reasonable, and I found it sus the way it pushed on Wagon out of nowhere, especially since I didn't find anything all that sus about Wagon. Its interactions with Cyrus did seem pretty genuine and made me question my sus a bit, but then Iconeum hardly posted anything after so I was left with nothing else to sort it at the end of the day, so I went with my initial judgement that Iconeum was a scumlean.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Spangled »

Okay, ISOing Wagonlad
Spoiler:
Nothing useful for a long time.
I like , but we have to remember that scum can ask questions too.
Thoughts in are good; towny. And so in .
I also like and , but one of them's about cyrus (*me*) and the other aligns with my reads, so...
Not sure if is a joke or not.
Liking all of to , but only all of them cumulative, because ultimately anyone can do reactions like 'weird joke'; 'disagree'. Still, enough good thoughts there I think.
Believe it or not I only like a little bit, and I'm still kind of teetering on the edge.
I don't really like his cavalier attitude towards Ico's lynch, and his
relatively
poor reasoning for it. Not terrible or scummy, just not all that good.
I do like though.
I like how he rethinks Ico as a lynch in ; it feels genuine to me.
I feel like something about doesn't really gel with what they've said about Red earlier... but then it was about 900-800 posts ago, I think; I can't be bothered check.

TL;DR: Wagon is now a townlean for me personally.
Also, @Wagonlad, check for cyrus' final bet, I think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”