Micro 880: A Normal Game - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

Day 1 VC #20Oversoul (1) - OkaPoka ()
OkaPoka (2) - skitter30 (), TemporalLich ()
Dunnstral (1) - Oversoul ()
Kop (2) - callforjudgement (), Firebringer ()
skitter30 (2) - Dunnstral (), Kop ()
Firebringer (0) -
TemporalLich (1) - Sleepless Assassin ()
Not Voting (0) -

Lynch ThresholdWith 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch a player.

Deadline
This phase will end on July 13, 2019 9:30:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) or in (expired on 2019-07-13 21:30:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2. If you see any errors in the votecount, please let me know.
3. Firebringer is V/LA indefinitely.
4. The moderator is V/LA from Wednesday, July 17 to Sunday, July 21. Please forward any questions to Skygazer during that time.
5. skitter30 is V/LA until Sunday, July 14.
6. No deadline extensions will be granted, so please do not ask.

Voting History Key: * = Hammer, + = L-1 vote.

Spoiler: Current Voting History
Day 1the worst (5): skitter30 () --> (Null) () --> OkaPoka () --> (Null) () --> SweetNSassy ()
Oversoul: OkaPoka () --> Dunnstral ()
callforjudgement: Firebringer () --> OkaPoka () --> the worst () --> OkaPoka () --> Kop ()
OkaPoka: SweetNSassy () --> Dunnstral () --> TemporalLich () --> Kop () --> TemporalLich () --> Kop () --> Oversoul ()
Dunnstral: SweetNSassy () --> the worst () --> skitter30 ()
SweetNSassy (0):
Kop: skitter30 ()
Sleepless Assassin: TemporalLich () --> Dunnstral () --> TemporalLich ()
skitter30: OkaPoka (+)
Firebringer: Dunnstral () --> skitter30 () --> Dunnstral (+) --> skitter30 () --> TemporalLich () --> skitter30 () --> Kop ()
TemporalLich: OkaPoka () --> Dunnstral (+) --> OkaPoka () --> Firebringer () --> OkaPoka (+)

Spoiler: Previous Voting History
Dawn (Pregame; reference purposes only)Sleepless Assassin: callforjudgement ()
Last edited by Ircher on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 689, callforjudgement wrote:Both of Oka's reasons for scumreading Temp are utterly bizarre.
I am curious why you think they are utterly bizarre? The one about the reads not lining up seems pretty reasonable.
In post 735, Firebringer wrote:I am kind leaning on Temp or Skitter as one scum and Dunnstral being the other.

Where the hell are u dunny boi?
You should vote Dunn with me!
In post 758, skitter30 wrote:
In post 712, OkaPoka wrote:skitter if ur town please reread my iso and lich's iso
i just reread lich's

it's a town iso
Explain what makes it an unwavering town iso?
In post 763, skitter30 wrote:
In post 724, OkaPoka wrote:and he swaps votes from me to firebringer in between here so we can probs assume our positions of scumminess are swapped
eh the readslist hting is actually a legimate point
This sounds like you *really* want Temp to be town rather than think his posting is town.
In post 807, skitter30 wrote:basically the same minus you

oversoul probably loses the townread / goes down a tier
Well that's rude. Why?
In post 828, skitter30 wrote:eh i could see that narrative

still feel like scum would have figured out how to hammer you given that you've been at l-1 for like half a week if you're town here tho
This is probably the strongest argument for Oka-scum to be fair.

CFJ stronger town lean for

In post 922, skitter30 wrote:
and
2. hammering is hard and they couldn't have done it without causing red flags if scum

like basically in 1 you're saying they had the oppurtunity to hammer you but chose not to, and this points to town!them
and in 2 you're saying that they could not have hammered you in a not-suspicious fashion

like these don't make sense as a coherent thought process

it can't have been both easy adn hard to hammer you; apparently which it was is dependant on what you're trying to argue at the time

if anything i'd argue that this implies that *your* thoughts are mercurial

. It felt like active lurking to me and removed the townlean on me. It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options. Your reaction makes me feel better about my shot in the dark actually. :lol:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Post 642 isn't in reference to you though?

Deadline lynch is a copout answer and we weren't that close to deadline when you actually voted me, and you never had any actual reasons to vote for me
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options.
I didn't immediately do anything though, you sat on your vote for so long that you got prodded
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:and removed the townlean on me
What does this mean?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: lich
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1002, Dunnstral wrote:Post 642 isn't in reference to you though?

Deadline lynch is a copout answer and we weren't that close to deadline when you actually voted me, and you never had any actual reasons to vote for me
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options.
I didn't immediately do anything though, you sat on your vote for so long that you got prodded
462 doesn't need to be about me to think you're scummy for it.

We have been getting 48 hour additions to the deadline like every day for the last 5 days. And yes, I did. I may not have attached them to the vote itself, but I made reference to the reason.

Hmm, maybe that was the product of having to catchup and confirmation bias. Looking through your iso it does appear that I was wrong about that comment.
In post 1003, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:and removed the townlean on me
What does this mean?
It was a fail because I am tired, but I meant it to say "removed the townlean for me" as in when I read it I moved you down from being a townlean.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

These two days felt like a waste
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Anyone online that wants to talk?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you realize that 642 references 639?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Dunn who is skitter's partner
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We'll figure that out tomorrow
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Dunn I need a compelling narrative
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't really do preflip stuff, a lot of the cast could be partners with Skitter. I'd also vote for Oversoul
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

What happens if skitter flips town though?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We move on and lynch someone else?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 965, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 949, Kop wrote:
In post 880, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 859, Kop wrote:Well at this stage, it doesn't look like the Oka wagon is going to be the final wagon, there's got to be a compromise. You have 2/3 other possibilities, why not pursue them, I haven't seen your cases against them.
Are you townreading OkaPoka?

On another note, what's your read on TemporalLich?
I'm not necessarily town reading Oka. I can't possibly see scum tunnelling as hard as Oka in regards to wanting Lich lynched. Scum will obviously want to manipulate the game state I agree, but I don't see them putting a huge marker on there back by going into a hard tunnel that is almost making it a trade. Then posturing themselves into a position where they are going to look elsewhere if he doesn't get his own way, i.e he will force through a lynch on Skitter, and myself (you quoted the post #669 I think it was or somewhere around that region). But I'm not town reading him either because he has actively said he plays better as scum so I don't know for sure whether he's town or scum, hes somewhere in the middle.

Lich I'm not 100% sure, I don't think he's scum based on his contradictions. I can't see scum playing so loosely. I know I mentioned about the contradictions and said when does that tell stop, but I wanted to see what Skitter thought about it and has she not taken any other perceiving angle on it apart from town play carefree. I've not got a interest in voting there at this time, unless something changes.

But if this tunnel continues and we aren't exactly finding some middle ground, and we're getting nearer deadline, something will need to happen because if one or both are still around in day two, day two could potentially be another day one, but this time there will be some flips to also add to the mix. But it's going to take a better case if people need convincing. I will reread the whole interaction between the pair of them in the mean time.
From my point of view, OkaPoka is the most likely deadline lynch; there aren't four players (other than OkaPoka) with a strong townread there. Apparently, your read of the situation is similar. But in #, you're scumreading skitter for not looking elsewhere for a compromise lynch? I can understand this behaviour if you think OkaPoka is strongly town, but not really in a case where you've been sort-of-on sort-of-off that wagon ever since you replaced in. FWIW, the reason you've given for townreading OkaPoka is stronger than the reason you've given for scumreading him, but you're acting like the two are identical; likewise, when you replaced in, there was a lot of shading but no intent. So I have the strong feeling that you a) want people to
think
you want OkaPoka lynched, but b) don't
actually
want OkaPoka lynched. That likely implies you're scum regardless of OkaPoka's alignment (as S/S, it's a great way to distance if he flips, and doesn't actually hurt him much; as S/T, you'd want to save a likely mislynch for a future day if you don't think scum are at real risk toDay).

I asked the question about Lich to see if you'd been trying to scumhunt anywhere other than your stated reads, and from your answer, I'm guessing you hadn't been. That's not good play as town (although not necessarily scum-indicative; some people aren't that good at town).
What I was scum reading Skitter for not wanting to look elsewhere for a compromise lynch, is simply because the wagon stagnated, it wasn't going anywhere and we've allowed the game to get closer to the deadline and it's boiled down to 2 real possibilities, to even 3 at one point. It's either Oka, Lich, or myself, Dunn being the outsider in all of this. Skitter had 2 or 3 possibilities but wanted to vote park and allowed herself to go with the flow, rather than trying to pursue other avenues in the possibility that Oka wasn't going to be lynched. Yes it stagnated at L-1 for quite some time, and that may well by scum indicative, but those other avenues could have been pressured also.

When the Oka wagon started to disintegrate, I felt just before then I couldn't see scum going to the lengths they have done to drive a wagon and trying to convince town, and getting into a tunnel. But in general I'm no good at reading people, so if Oka is the choice to lynch this time round, and if he flips red, then I'll openly put up my hands and admit I was wrong, even if it makes me look bad.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Cfj are you purposely trying to fracture ?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

No. I don't believe I'm fracturing at all; rather, what's happened is that the game is fairly split as it is (between players who are more logical, and players who prefer different methods of solving the game). Some players (e.g. TemporalLich and you, on opposite sides) are popular lynch choices with one group but widely townread by the other, and in general each group is scumreading primarily people within the other group.

I have, however, been trying to point out the existence of the splits to avoid players trying to drive nonviable lynch wagons.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

In post 1005, Oversoul wrote:We have been getting 48 hour additions to the deadline like every day for the last 5 days.
Huh? The deadline this game hasn't been extended at all.
scum
town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1005, Oversoul wrote:We have been getting 48 hour additions to the deadline like every day for the last 5 days.
No we haven't
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 1018, callforjudgement wrote:
Huh? The deadline this game hasn't been extended at all.
Think Oversoul thinks this game is Micro 879.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

He doesn't have real reasons though. Red Flag.
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options. Your reaction makes me feel better about my shot in the dark actually. :lol:
On this occasion it's clear that he's not just confused with another game, he's just saying stuff to point to me. Why does he keep making stuff up to justify his vote?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 pm

I need to sleep, and probably will be awake enough to participate before deadline but I'm not completely sure (my sleep schedule's been pretty messed up over the last few days).

Dunnstral, are you willing to vote for either OkaPoka or Kop as a compromise lynch?
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 am

VOTE: OkaPoka

In case I don't get back online before deadline. (I consider this the most likely lynch to go through.)
scum
town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think Oka is scum so no I wouldn't vote that, I probably won't vote Kop while Skitter's alignment is still in question

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”