She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2445, Nero Cain wrote:but if there
IS
an SK then I think that it makes a traitor almost nonexistent.

Why shouldn't KK full claim?
his avi is really cool, very macho

Really I want a couple scummy people to have to claim first and be put in an awkward position. Even if he like lolclaims JK i was fruit vendor it could still make a massclaim sheet that puts the scum somewhere uncomfortable
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2447, ofrhz wrote:
In post 2420, nomnomnom wrote:I'd like to also note that the Of wagon has crazy levels of opposition with literally 0 arguments against her lynch.
No there are arguments against my lynch?

DeasVail gave his arguments, Kirari provided a meta-based one, that's just off the top of my head
There is an inexplicable amount of resistance to your lynch according to the amount of people defending you is what I am saying.

People have argued for and against otter WAYYYY more than what they've done with you.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 2445, Nero Cain wrote:but if there
IS
an SK then I think that it makes a traitor almost nonexistent.

Why shouldn't KK full claim?
he probably should claim slightly more since his claim is kinda weird, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't see the logic in his claim coming from a scum POV given what he's said so far unless he planned to claim vig tomorrow.
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:37 pm

In post 2446, nomnomnom wrote:You are deadly wrong about what I would do as scum, or town for that matter lol
Deadly wrong huh? :lol:
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2449, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 2443, popsofctown wrote:the way normal queue traitor has been explained to me, being alive doesn't help his faction win the game anymore than being dead

a lynch that is used up on the traitor is necessarily not simultaneously used up on the groupscum

halfjester
No.

This is incorrect.

The traitor *cannot solo endgame* but he DOES count for scum wincondition.

If it is 2-1[groupscum]-1[traitor] the groupscum faction immediately wins even if there is a risk of the groupscum shooting the traitor because the traitor counts toward the scum wincon.

Losing a traitor means the groupscum needs an additional mislynch, it is objectively suboptimal for a traitor to get lynched, although the traitor DOES want to get lynched in lieu of the groupscum if they know there is only one groupscum remaining because then they would be endgamed. That's the only time the traitor would play suicidally.
Is it wrong that I play all my scum games by picking a team deepwolf that busses everyone else and try to get that player to endgame, eschewing all sweeps

cause I do and therefore all my traitors are halfjesters
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I think I've done more than Otter. Obviously you disagree
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:39 pm

In post 2451, nomnomnom wrote:People have argued for and against otter WAYYYY more than what they've done with you.
Yes, and a big reason for this is due to the makeup of the wagon pushing him and the fact that 0 people on that wagon have actually produced any particularly compelling arguments one way or the other, including you whose actual argument for ofrhz scum is incredibly weak given how much you're complaining about the lack of support for the wagon LOL :lol:
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2453, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 2446, nomnomnom wrote:You are deadly wrong about what I would do as scum, or town for that matter lol
Deadly wrong huh? :lol:
If you ended in a scum game as town against me you would probably lose because you have a wrong image of how I play as scum. People tend to hardcore read me town as scum for a reason :wink:
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by ofrhz »

lol
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm

In post 2454, popsofctown wrote:Is it wrong that I play all my scum games by picking a team deepwolf that busses everyone else and try to get that player to endgame, eschewing all sweeps

cause I do and therefore all my traitors are halfjesters
okay sure but the traitor does not play as a jester, they just play as someone who it is fine for the scumteam to bus if they want to... idk maybe I'm not really gelling with what you mean by "halfjester" but it feels like a needlessly convoluted description. To me traitor plays more like survivor than jester, I'd call it a half-jester. In fact survivors are perhaps better understood as "half-traitors" if you really wanted to get into mech conceptualizations an balance discussions but that's kinda offtopic.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2454, popsofctown wrote:Is it wrong that I play all my scum games by picking a team deepwolf that busses everyone else and try to get that player to endgame, eschewing all sweeps
I'm going to lynch you in any game if you ever lynch scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I’ll still ask people to reconsider Otter as an option.

Nonetheless I plan on re-reviewing all my reads, hopefully some time today.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Do you think you're out of your scumrange Deas?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, the logic that the mafia cop points to there being a 3rd party/traitor is just kinda eh....like maybe it does but then I'm like "well it could just be standard boilerplate" and not mod spoiling.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 pm

In post 2330, nomnomnom wrote:The point was more that for me to come up with scum theatre like this I would need to be better than I already am.
I know my weaknesses and this is one of them.

Offtopic but I don't really think I am good honestly, although some people say I am.
In post 2457, nomnomnom wrote:If you ended in a scum game as town against me you would probably lose because you have a wrong image of how I play as scum. People tend to hardcore read me town as scum for a reason
"I'm not good enough to be scum this game"

"I'm so good as scum that you wouldn't be scumreading me this game if I was scum"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

It's fun that Kirari is trying her hardest to try and decredibilize me whenever I talk about an Of wagon and lynch, and tries to do so by calling my slot a bunch of different scum flavors and is now trying to redirect the heat on me with literally one day on the clock.

If you don't want to believe in my push, just look at how she reacts to my push and perhaps you'll get a clue at what's going on here.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 2464, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 2330, nomnomnom wrote:The point was more that for me to come up with scum theatre like this I would need to be better than I already am.
I know my weaknesses and this is one of them.

Offtopic but I don't really think I am good honestly, although some people say I am.
In post 2457, nomnomnom wrote:If you ended in a scum game as town against me you would probably lose because you have a wrong image of how I play as scum. People tend to hardcore read me town as scum for a reason
"I'm not good enough to be scum this game"

"I'm so good as scum that you wouldn't be scumreading me this game if I was scum"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's no contradiction here. You're just trying to decredibilize me.
I stand by what I said. I am bad at scumtheater and I am trying to get better at it. But I fooled town on my first game on this site and I was nominated for a really good fakeclaim in a scum micro I played in. I don't think of myself as good but clearly people think I am good and people read me town when I roll scum which kind of escapes me, but whatever.

Anyway, try something else.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

In post 2461, DeasVail wrote:I’ll still ask people to reconsider Otter as an option.
It's maybe worth still thinking about, I don't think the dumbtell makes him 100% town, I've seen scum try to fake dumbtells literally in the last week under not totally different circumstances, but... this particular one I find slightly more convincing :/

I think the level of disengagement necessary for the scumtell to be plausible is concerning regardless
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm

In post 2465, nomnomnom wrote:decredibilize
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm

In post 2424, Kirari Momobami wrote:Actually can everyone remind me what their read of Vork is right now?
I still want this btw, I know the thread has massively picked up but wouldn't mind a quick check in on this read from everyone
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2460, Nero Cain wrote:
I'm going to lynch you in any game if you ever lynch scum.
But I lynch scum as town too, I'm a good scumhunter.

Actually shouldn't that post include a vote for me catching RedFlavor RedHanded this one?
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh, that's right!

VOTE: pops

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

my point is you should play aggressively and proactively as traitor because the loss of EV if you get lynched seems halved. The way I play VT in role madness
No one in this game is playing that way except may KK. Everyone else is varying between tryhard encyclopedia entries or dehydrated lurking or low energy flablablah
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

lol fabulous mafia right here
"Well, I..."
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Vork is prob town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”