Flavor Leaf (1): book kid
book kid (1): Flavor Leaf
flippyNips (1): Oversoul
Pink Ball (1): MariaR
Oversoul (1): [hated]
Chemist1422 (1): [hated]
RCEnigma (1): [hated]

Not Voting (2): Something_Smart, Emperor flippyNips, Gamma Emerald

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to reach a lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-07-20 20:00:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:09 am

Post by book kid »

In post 978, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 975, book kid wrote:rce and oversoul are both hated; i think it's very unlikely for them to be s/s mechanically speaking
I would bet that Skygazer said before the picks came in "anyone who picks a pokemon that satisfied condition X will be hated regardless of alignment," or at least did something similar to this. I could see double hated scum.
mhm I suppose but wrt/ balance considerations I think a setup with two hated scum would be very hard to balance and if that situation came up adjustments would be made.
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 am

Post by book kid »

In post 1001, itlepip wrote:
In post 970, book kid wrote:
In post 937, itlepip wrote:He doesn't give a single good reason for any of his votes, I don't think I disagree with that many of his reads (which doesn't matter at all), but I don't agree with almost any of the reasons. For example 407 is a read I slightly agree with (not nearly as much as some people here but once SS starts actually doing things I expect to have a better read than most of town); however, that really isn't the post that does anything. It clearly is anger/frustration from another game, which isn't necessarily bad but it certainly isn't alignment indicative.
I get that you don't agree with most of what Gamma says but is there a reason you expect to be mindmelding with t!gamma?
I feel like this just isn't what I said, I agree with his reads, but his reasons don't feel real. For the record I try really hard to not townread people based on whether they agree with me, which is why I'm trying to not just townclear oversoul because I'm pretty sure we have if not the exact same readlist an exceptionally similar one.
In post 971, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 729, Oversoul wrote:
In post 728, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Pages and pages of Mastina and Avengers posts makes Debbie a dull boy.
Vote Gamma with me! :)
In post 762, Oversoul wrote:MariaR, why is Gamma town?

I feel like I am mostly confused by Gamma completely ignoring his burgeoning wagon. :?
In post 790, Oversoul wrote:Pink Ball, why is Gamma town
In post 894, Oversoul wrote:Gamma can be town.

VOTE: love and friendship
In post 941, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Gamma
Like I see legitimately NOTHING demonstrating actual thought. There is NOTHING between these posts where you acknowledge anything I or anyone else says beyond the one tome you ask itlepip about his vote on me. It's shitty as both alignments but makes more sense overall if you're scum.
This feels very selective and not very indicative. Like if you have meta that says that oversoul is a tryhard town or something sure, but is an example of pushing something that I don't think an experienced player would push as town. Like if you pushed for reasons I would be super on board but it feels more like an excuse to scumread than an attempt to sort someone,

btw Oversoul I do agree that giving a bit more would be helpful.
In post 974, book kid wrote:
In post 969, Menalque wrote:
In post 966, book kid wrote:gemerald looks really towny

menalque ur read is bad
I mean u think my gemerald read is good
yeah but like RCE and SS who are like the players who actually know how to read me are townreading me and i think you should listen to them
Honestly the fact that half the town cleared you when they knew who you were is probably the main reason I am pushing GE first. That said I believe that for a towny, trusting your own reads even if they are bad (ie random) is better than sheeping town consensus because scum affect that consensus but not your own reads (unless the better read is either from very good logic or from someone very towny). So
can you elaborate on gamma's reads not being real, or is it just the oversoul example?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1151, book kid wrote:mhm I suppose but wrt/ balance considerations I think a setup with two hated scum would be very hard to balance and if that situation came up adjustments would be made.
Presumably hated goes away in LYLO and therefore has zero effect on the balance.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am

Post by book kid »

In post 1085, Skellen wrote:@book kid & Chemist:
How were your reads on the Maria slot affected by her posts so far?
literally not at all. I probably should look closer at her though.
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 am

Post by book kid »

idk maria's posting just seems null to me

the 'pink ball is obvious scum' is kind of weird when he's obviously not because he is mostly townread and there doesn't seem to be much effort to convince people or anything.
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am

Post by book kid »

In post 1102, Pink Ball wrote:MariaR
Avengers
Skellen
Dr Easy Bake
Chemist1422
Emperor flippyNips
itlepip

This are the seven players who aren't in my townbloc. From them, Chemist is probably town and DEB is a mistery. If I had to take one more of the five remaining, it would be Avengers. So Skellen, Maria, Flippernipples and itlepip.
i really like this as a lynchpool except i don't think i'd lynch chemist or deb rn and probably not skellen. i think {maria, avengers, flippy, itle} would all be p fantastic wagons right now.

i was starting to suspect oversoul but i think that replacement post is like just town
book kid
book kid
Townie
book kid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:41 am

Post by book kid »

oh i'm still voting fl from that thing lol

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maria
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1145, itlepip wrote:
In post 1144, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1080, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1066, itlepip wrote:Hey SS can you drop some reads on this thread? You said you would reread and interested to see where you are after that
What do you mean with "on this thread"? Are you implying something?
You may get answers if you give them first honey
My answer is damn you got me I'm actually a mason with SS but I wanted him to post his reads here instead of in our private thread. I didn't want to out it but you forced me to with all that quality pressure honey.
Ooo sassyyyyy. I like that.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1157, book kid wrote:oh i'm still voting fl from that thing lol

UNVOTE:

Interesting.

itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:20 am

Post by itlepip »

@Book
Overview of all of GE's reads and votes

Through post 400, his vote is for a tiny post that I guess he explains but he doesn't push and it's basically 0 effort read

Is not the correct post to read SS off of.

He then changes his vote to PL for DEB (tbh I kinda feel it, but it still isn't really scumhunting)

Gives a gut town read to Mastina, which is okay but not great. Like literally everything he's done so far is just meh.

Votes for Skellan to sheep PB, if he has an interesting read here he doesn't give it.

At this point has defended not voting for RF 3 times, despite having a scum read there. Again not necessarily bad but definitely not good. Especially since the only time he has mentioned skellen so far is to vote them.

Passively goes along with someone scumreading SS

4 times without actually pressuring his vote at all.

Gives a 'snap' (ie lazy) town read on Avengers, again without any reasoning.

Gives a snap town read on Maria (the RF slot he didn't vote) (737 doesn't count as a valid reason). 756 Won't vote maria.

Says FL book is scum theatre because its taking up 'space'. This was the read that really made me vote the slot, likes its such a nothing read, (ftr still has not mentioned skellen aside from vote).

Votes Oversoul for scumreading them basically (imo the progression was fine, the justification for a 'wonky ass progression' doesn't feel like anything for me).

Then is the really terrible 971 from a slot with a way worse progression and even less thought in their reads (Like Oversoul was very towny before the replace out, I think my highest townread, and now after is absolutely my highest). Venge voting a towny slot cause they pressured you is bleh.

Huh apparently GE is scumreading RCE, what happened to book kid, skellen, FL, Oversoul, SS scumreads, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't give any more reasoning for his scumread (maybe) of oversoul

Responds to an oversoul post with a lot of nothing. Basically it boils to "I used my vote for pressure, not for people I thought were scum". Now this may be personal philosophy, but getting voted early d1 isn't pressury, especially (like with skellan), when you don't even mention the person once.

Realizes (as does everyone else I think), that Oversoul's slot is incredibly towny. I mean I'm glad he did but its such an obvious read that doesn't help that much.

Honestly there are people for whom that iso would be bad but not necessarily vote worthy (hi PB and DEB). However this is from someone who acts like they know how to play the game and this either is just really bad town play or scum slowplaying to make sure they pressure the right people. I honestly don't think GE has thought more than a few seconds about whether any given slot is towny or scummy. Maybe he doesn't care because he doesn't want to solve the game or is just a low effort towny. However it makes more sense to me that he's scum who is trying harder to find PR then fake finding scum.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Menalque »

@PB can we hop on this maria wagon?

Skellen feels kinda stale for now, so unless you’re gonna start hardpushing there soon I feel more comfortable with maria
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think the post above is very grasping at strawsy. Gamma could be scum, but i don’t think those would be reasons. The scum scum comments kind of weird as scum to try and poke at myself and Ausuka.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I don't think she has done enough to build a wagon on her, it would be purely random and I don't think we're getting more info by voting her. She's in my PoE, but because there are townier players, not because she's scummier.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Pink Ball »

People is pushing Gamma for playstyle reasons and not real reasoning
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Menalque »

Tbh I don’t really mind where we go within the lynch pool you mentioned yesterday
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I don't mind either, but timing is crucial. Lynching Maria now doesn't give enough info
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 am

Post by itlepip »

Please just vote by yourself, I get the gimmick feels funny to you, but its really just kinda boring and making your play more useless than necessary.

Pedit: wut, I'm not grasping at straws, Ausuka asked if I thought that of just that post or all of them, and clearly I think that all of GE's posts are just kinda fluff. Like I don't think its a terrible scum case, but its not supposed to be, I'm just arguing that there is nothing that GE has done that could be useful to town. If he actually thought it was scum theater he should have done something or pushed either of you instead of derping into a weird argument with a towny slot.

Pedit2: PB, again this isn't a push, at some point today I'm probably going to push GE, but this was just explaining why I thought he didn't give good reasons. To quote GE "its a wonky ass progression" and I don't think its comes from town GE.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Menalque »

I think maria’s catch up is fairly easy to fake as scum repping in and wanting a townread

I didn’t like her calling you obv scum for the reasons I explained

I think the fact that she vanished after I started asking if she wanted to meaningfully engage with my content instead of with my shitposting wasn’t good

And — while I’m giving benefit of the doubt on this for now — I also think that the fact that she took issue with my shitposting in particular when I don’t think anyone else was really pushing her might have been AtE coming from scum trying to reduce pressure

If someone could confirm that maria gets annoyed by shitposting generally then that would be useful for me in terms of sorting the slot
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah bc the key thing is whether I’m voting someone when we’re nowhere near L-1 on anyone vs me trying to actually scumhunt and sort

Sure
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Let's see if this works: Menalque, I free you from voting with me; I want you to vote for your own, 'cause I think you're great and ours will still be a neverending story.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Menalque »

I <3 u pure boi
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: maria[/maria]

Let’s get this party wagon rollin
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Menalque »

Fuck

VOTE: maria
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 am

Post by itlepip »

Like if town GE just kinda derps around and just makes up whatever reads comes to mind, fine. Like I'm not positive I've caught scum, but its easily scummy enough play for a d1 pressure into either a claim or lynch or both.

You're right, I just think if you are town you pocketed yourself to someone who is slightly likelier than random to be scum. You aren't really pressuring people as much as talking to PB. Like I'm looking forward to your read of PB after this, but to me it feels like coasting right now.

Pedit: huh that was interesting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”