Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Also, I'm gonna be That Guy yet again.

Menalque, you can't quote an ongoing game in your signature. It matters not that the quote is unrelated to the game; you should blank it and put it back in after the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Menalque »

ugh, when'd you sell out to the MAN, SS?

also which listmod do I need to contact to ask about whether or not that specific quote is okay?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:53 am

Post by Menalque »

although while I have you here, how about hoppin on this juicy wagon hey
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:58 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 1222, Menalque wrote:@RCE, mastina

how about making things spicy and hopping on board this wagon to lynch
town
10/10

Honestly I don't entirely know why, I think probably because of SS's town case on Red, but I'm getting massive heebie jeebies off this wagon. I'm really sad that people aren't lynching gamma here, but honestly am interested in most other counterwagons (except on my townreads but most of them are safe at this point).
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1069, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1066, itlepip wrote:Hey SS can you drop some reads on this thread? You said you would reread and interested to see where you are after that
Maria leantown due to a couple of RF quips.
yeah that strong strong towncase he made
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1181, itlepip wrote:
you are spending all your time interacting with someone who you don't need to read.
In post 1228, itlepip wrote:

town
10/10

Honestly I don't entirely know why,
I think probably because of SS's town case on Red
, but I'm getting massive heebie jeebies off this wagon. I'm really sad that people aren't lynching gamma here, but honestly am interested in most other counterwagons (except on my townreads but most of them are safe at this point).
I was kinda willing to forgive the first misrep because I figured maybe scum!you wouldn't do that because it would be so obvious and I'd clearly pick up on it

but with that lovely suggestion that SS quoting three RF posts and claiming that Maria seemed towny bc of RF quips constitutes an actual town case I'm now p sure you're scum trying to divert from Maria

I still wanna lynch maria first I think, we can do you tomorrow
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1228, itlepip wrote:

town
10/10

Honestly I don't entirely know why, I think probably because of SS's town case on Red, but I'm getting massive heebie jeebies off this wagon. I'm really sad that people aren't lynching gamma here, but
honestly am interested in most other counterwagons
(except on my townreads but most of them are safe at this point).
so basically just anything that's not your scumbuddy huh?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 am

In post 1226, Menalque wrote:ugh, when'd you sell out to the MAN, SS?
I mean, you're welcome to fight the law, and see which of you wins ;)
also which listmod do I need to contact to ask about whether or not that specific quote is okay?
Any listmod will do, I usually go to the one for the queue the game is in which is UT in this case, but I bet you'll get the same answer from all of them which is "better safe than sorry." It's SO easy to step over the line of discussing ongoing games if you aren't careful.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Menalque »

The clash have written extensively about that particular state of affairs and have been very clear on the outcome too, so I'll pass

I dropped UT a message, ty

hopping on maria y/n?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 am

In post 1230, Menalque wrote:but with that lovely suggestion that SS quoting three RF posts and claiming that Maria seemed towny bc of RF quips constitutes an actual town case I'm now p sure you're scum trying to divert from Maria
I mean, it WAS a towncase. Certainly not a comprehensive or compelling one, but he isn't misrepping there.

Also, that would be an extremely ineffective way to divert from his scumbuddy, and liable to get him strung up next. I think he's much more willing to bus than he is to try to shut down a wagon like this.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Menalque »

we have different definitions of towncase then

I wouldn't consider calling someone leantown based on 3 posts by their predecessor in the slot to meet the standards for a case
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Menalque »

like, I would expect there to be a greater sampling of their overall behaviour throughout the thread, and I would expect it to be a solid "I think this person is town/scum" in a case, not just a lean
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:34 am

Post by itlepip »

Honestly if anything what I did was more shitty whiteknighting than shitty protecting my partner.

Also I think there is a nonzero chance you just scumslipped in your post, like its not certain but it definitely is enough combined with my light townread earlier to not want that slot lynched. I have townreads on like 2/3 other slots, and the vast majority of players I wouldn't mind being lynched.

Also for me the way GE's wagon fell apart feels strange, so I probably want to go back there tomorrow and see what happened.

pedit: None of your arguments against the case make any sense, like it was 3 posts that for a slot putting 0 effort in were unusually towny. Red had the same role pm as Maria so it being a predecessor doesn't matter; those 3 posts were clearly towny, and the rest of Red's posts are crap, as I think most of you realized. But the crap seems mostly NAI.

Basically I don't think any of those posts are in Red's range as scum; Maria's catchup wasn't great tbh, like I was scumreading her for that but it also was mostly for engagement so I think range reads are better.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Menalque »

also:

pure boi
FL
mastina
RCE
gemerald
avengers
chemist

jwhatsit
deb
alch
Emperor flippyNips
Something_Smart

book kid
Skellen
itlepip
Maria

is where I'm at atm
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1237, itlepip wrote:Also
I think there is a nonzero chance you just scumslipped in your post,
like its not certain but it definitely is enough combined with my light townread earlier to not want that slot lynched.
really towny of u to not share what my supposed scumslip was

what are you hoping is gonna happen here? that this will be read as TvT and get you off the hook?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Menalque »

also literally what reason is there to not think that maybe red decided to expand his scum range esp if he knew people would think it was outside his range?

I just won a game where urap had teacher fooled up until he CC him because he was playing outside of what teacher thought his scumrange was
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:44 am

Post by Menalque »

GEs wagon didn't "fall apart" it had 4 votes on it at the most and wasn't going anywhere
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Menalque »

actually, changed my mind, I want this first, then Maria tomorrow

VOTE: itlepip
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:54 am

Why is Boon town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 am

In post 1235, Menalque wrote:we have different definitions of towncase then

I wouldn't consider calling someone leantown based on 3 posts by their predecessor in the slot to meet the standards for a case
I guess, yeah, but I don't really do full cases. I just provide arguments. So if you will, it was an argument for why RF was towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:58 am

In post 1237, itlepip wrote:Honestly if anything what I did was more shitty whiteknighting than shitty protecting my partner.
This is true. I've been caught in a shitty whiteknight as scum before, it's a lot easier than getting caught defending a buddy.

I might do itlepip today, though I'm biased because I like playing with him :P but if he reds, I'm not touching Maria for a while.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:05 am

Post by itlepip »

lul good luck.

1. I bolded the scum slip
2. I literally have no idea what you mean by TvT. I kinda think you are a bit scummy, but mostly you are just kinda being obnoxious so trying not to let that bias me too much.
3. like I probably should stop responding to this, its just you kinda saying buzz words and arguing semantics against anything I say. But this is my second post responding to you, and you've made almost an entire page responding to me. I'm definitely not getting lynched anytime soon, and I'm definitely not any kind of hook.
I'm just getting a bit frustrated because I've played with people like you before and its really really hard to get you to change your mind on me, so if you are town I'm basically hated for the rest of the game.

Also SS, what are your thoughts on the Maria wagon?

Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1194, mastina wrote:
In post 1062, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Spoiler your images please
Oh sorry my mistake.
In post 728, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Pages and pages of Mastina and Avengers posts makes Debbie a dull boy.
Spoiler:
So...who's the one posting pages and pages?
I have posted a lot, but I don’t go on huge runs that span pages.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1217, Gamma Emerald wrote: I'm in Georgia rn
Welcome!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Menalque »

Why am I TRing FL? It's a good question, kinda hard to put my finger on

I just ISO'd him and I find him hard to read read, so this is mostly based on feel, but pretty much it comes down to the fact that he was thinking the same way I was at points and other than that he feels the same as when I've played with/against town!him

Spoiler:
In post 80, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 78, Oversoul wrote:
In post 75, Flavor Leaf wrote:Y’all in a neighborhood then?
Is anyone really town reading this slot, or ..
I just rolled scum like 4 games in a row, give me a break of that fancy feast
I think that scum!FL knows that this is bad logic (like, there's no reason for it not to be 5) but I don't think he brings it up because he knows that
In post 82, Flavor Leaf wrote:Early town reads on Debbie D oh double g, RCE, Oversoul
I also thought deb was more towny than not at this point
In post 181, Flavor Leaf wrote:What my other said ^

I didn’t roll scum 5 times in a row, though
see above, I don't think there's any reason for scum!FL to bring attention to this shitty logic when it could easily be used against him
In post 295, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 294, Menalque wrote:FL I am fuckin hyped to be in a game with you again my man
Ah, man.

This guy’s gonna go all the way if he’s scum pocketing us.
I've played with FL twice, once where we were both town, once where I was scum and he was town

I think scum!FL prob takes more issue with me bc he knows that this is out of character with how I've played with him before, and he could prob have pushed that to get some heavy susp on me esp as he has more clout than I do

the fact he didn't do that makes me think his interactions with me come more often from town!him
In post 309, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 303, RCEnigma wrote:Pocket FL is still on my to do list.
I lightweight scum read this
I was also having some lightweight doubts on RCE at this point so this is more melding
In post 789, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 774, Menalque wrote:<<<333

What do you think about the maria catch up FL?
It’s Maria. Could come from either alignment. I’m not really interested in trying to hard read her this early. Need more info.
coooooould be fence sitting but I think this is a legit point against saying that her catch up was bad
In post 806, Flavor Leaf wrote:You also stated that the “wow push me” is a show, but that’s literally how I play mafia.

I always am putting on a show; I’m a performer. That equates to here as well, so that is yet another misrep.
In post 809, Flavor Leaf wrote:You wanna know the funniest part about this?

I’m the second highest poster in this game, and you act like I haven’t been here, and that is very much by design.

Give me like 10 minutes and I officially become the highest poster in this game.

You’ve been baited.

VOTE: Book kid

Look at how RCE and Gamma acted about me coming in and getting reads.

They are actually looking for analysis from me. You look like you’re setting up a case to push on me due to my lack of doing anything.

And that’s only on the surface. I’ve been here, and that’s backed up with my post count.
In post 828, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 826, book kid wrote:
In post 818, Flavor Leaf wrote:I just played a scum game with you, and this is exactly what you did in that scum game, so idk wha you’re talking about with that.

Albeit, I was scum with you, but nonetheless, alignments aside, you started pushing at me there as well and not going along with my path
Exactly. We were scumbuddies and everything was planned to some extent using Discord, that's an entirely different beast to pushing Town FL as scum.
This is why this is a misrep, and anyone who knows me should be able to see this.

I NEVER make the choice to bus Day 1 if I don’t have to.

I’ll scum theatre, but that was straight up pushingz

I only push and bus my scummates when they position themselves in contradiction to me.

I bussed JJH recently because he stated he was going to bus me the night before.
In post 832, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 830, book kid wrote:
In post 825, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 800, book kid wrote:VOTE: fl

His whole 'wow please push me!!! act is a show and not at all how town FL would behave.
In post 801, book kid wrote:
In post 789, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 774, Menalque wrote:<<<333

What do you think about the maria catch up FL?
It’s Maria. Could come from either alignment. I’m not really interested in trying to hard read her this early. Need more info.
Town FL also tries a lot harder to read Maria here.
This was you case?

Explain because that just feels like grasping at straws because you need to make a strong push somewhere.

And i really don’t care to solve Maria ever, so i don’t understand that comment.

I have rarely ever actively attempted to accurately read Maria. Especially early game.

And if I have, i likely tunneled her. So that’s another counter meta read.
Never said it was a strong push. And you're right that I needed a push, RF replaced out and Maria couldn't like respond to the case, and I saw your 'please push me' and went with you.

It just feels incredibly fake , when you're a strong town player who is more than capable of making reads for himself, and there's the whole subconscious bias that scum should want to be townread. And it feels more like manipulating for trs than manipulating to solve.
I am manipulating for tr’s.

And go check like any newbie games I play.

I CONSTANTLY have no reads.

I don’t look for scum, I look for town.
I don't think that this is scum theatre, but I also don't really think book is town

so I think this is FL doing real scum hunting, either actually of book or using the book interaction to sort others
In post 854, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 852, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 849, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 847, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 827, Flavor Leaf wrote:Just because I’m reading a game doesn’t mean I’m reading a game.

I read but don’t comprehend stuff so have no analysis or actual opinions to give.

That’s when i don’t post.

And a lot of times when I choose to post it’s because of someththing happening in real time, which gets me present, and i can catch up in that way.
This is almost word for word a post from Scum!FL in anime upick.

Yeah, I’m really trying to push that line of thinking the past few months.

Pretty sure I’ve been posting in all my games for the past few months.

It just happens I rolled scum 4 games simultaneously so most of those were scum games, but I do say it as town too, which is weird because I’m like 98% sure you’ve been in multiple games with me where I’ve said it.

So it should seem familiar.

While true, you only spoke a partial truth
It's probably not a post that sticks out when you're obvtowning, so possible.
I’m always obv towninng.

Even as scum, people just don’t understand the logic.
this just felt towny and similar to what I've seen town!FL post before
In post 858, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 856, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 850, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 848, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 844, Flavor Leaf wrote:And I don’t misrep people as scum.

They just don’t word themselves correctly, and I eat up at what they say.

It’s very literal in that sense.
This isn't true either but I buy that FL believes this. On the plus side both if my townreads in FL/Book are stronger.
How is Book townie?!?!?! From that complete nothing of a push.

She misrepped and pushed bad meta.
Hmm, do you buy that she solo pushes you for towncred then?
Why wouldn’t she?

It’s NAI from scum’s perspective to push me, and you’re more likely to come out of it as TvT, especially with how I was posting, no one will take my push seriously.

I don’t necessarily think that’s happening, but I don’t think it’s not happening.

And like L in Death Note, even if something has a 7% likelihood of being truth, it’s good to push it like you are certain because it helps you see things you wouldn’t.
this too
In post 862, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 850, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 848, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 844, Flavor Leaf wrote:And I don’t misrep people as scum.

They just don’t word themselves correctly, and I eat up at what they say.

It’s very literal in that sense.
This isn't true either but I buy that FL believes this. On the plus side both if my townreads in FL/Book are stronger.
How is Book townie?!?!?! From that complete nothing of a push.

She misrepped and pushed bad meta.
She could be town but she’s not townie
meldin'
In post 1159, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1157, book kid wrote:oh i'm still voting fl from that thing lol

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maria

Interesting.

VOTE: Maria
think that this is prob him doing something interesting based on the fact that he's quoting book who he was SRing earlier, and I don't see why scum!him bothers to quote her
In post 1213, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s a lot of players here that I gut read want to hard defend, and certain players like Jibril i either turn on when they’re town when i know they’re town, but a second of doubt gets me to it, or i hard defend and they end up being scum.

I feel Menalque has that equity as well. Kind of Gamma too, but in a different evolved way
this post seemed towny, and in keeping with town!FL's self-metaing

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”