Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1887 (isolation #200) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you mean it's too easy to lynch AP or too easy not to lynch AP? It feels much like the former to me which is why my antsiness over it keeps slowly growing

I'd rather lynch you if I had to pick but I know you're not into that

Or LUV who is similar
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (isolation #201) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

well thank god town!Cheeky would have half a decent read somewhere
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (isolation #202) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

RC can be pocketed?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (isolation #203) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

-[]
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (isolation #204) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Don't worry I stopped taking the vote seriously once it belonged to a Jingle anyway
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (isolation #205) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1936, Creature wrote:
Imagine scum having to kill me if they want to get rid of a cleared town even though I have no night actions at all
How are you cleared town
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (isolation #206) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1943, Creature wrote:
In post 1941, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1936, Creature wrote:
Imagine scum having to kill me if they want to get rid of a cleared town even though I have no night actions at all
How are you cleared town
if I obvtown enough
Ok
But you can't ask us to approve a proposal contingent on us not lynching you because the obvtowning has not been performed yet
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (isolation #207) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1970, AP wrote: Can you please sum up what made up change your mind about me being worthy of landing Miller to me being worthy of a lynch? I'd appreciate specifics. Thank you.
You're simultaneously a good target for Miller and worthy of a lynch right now actually. If I couldn't read you by day 5 or so without leaning on investigative roles I would feel bad. If the town collectively can't they should probably feel bad (that is a harsh way to put it mafia is hard but I'm communicating the idea that relative to the rest of the playerlist dayplay should be a sufficient and adequate means to read AP)

If cfj PMed me that I'm spontaneously dead in Role Call I, showed me A50's red role pm, then told me he'd let me fire a Publishing Cop shot from the grave N2 as an apology for killing me, I'm not even sure it'd be correct to fire it at Austin Powers because of the opportunity cost of firing it at an illegible slot.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (isolation #208) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Making an entire post to prove that a specific 3 person team is impossible doesn't have the minimum byte-value ratio needed to constitute a post.

Preflip pairwise assocs are something I try not to focus on in my playstyle because I feel like they have to be a particularly hot take to be worth the bytes, but they are exactly 11 times more useful than the trios. So stick with those, at least, if you want to do homework.

1981 and 1979 are good posts, I think something on the previous page was a good post too. I'm annoyed. This game needs to move forward a phase. If the 12 days are used it will surely collapse, maybe not literally get abandoned but town win% will plummet.

I am going to VOTE: CheekyTeeky and ask if the unofficial votecount can be used by other players as well to gauge whether we can upgrade the lynch without slowing down the game too hellaciously.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (isolation #209) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Austin do you independently SR momo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (isolation #210) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You are a bad investigate target because a sane-cop shot is scarcely more accurate than reading 5 game days of AP dayplay.
Whereas a sane-cop shot on nero, CT, Iconeum, GE, etc, is considerably higher accuracy than 5 game days of their dayplay.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (isolation #211) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1995, AP wrote:
In post 1993, popsofctown wrote:You are a bad investigate target because a sane-cop shot is scarcely more accurate than reading 5 game days of AP dayplay.
Whereas a sane-cop shot on nero, CT, Iconeum, GE, etc, is considerably higher accuracy than 5 game days of their dayplay.
So you're claiming you can read me through play in time, but you still want to lynch me on D1. Am I understanding this correctly?
I keep being asked to express enthusiasm for a compromise. Should I go into politics? Will I get more of this?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (isolation #212) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1986, popsofctown wrote: If cfj told me that I'm dead in Role Call I and told me A50 is scum, then told me he'd let me reveal one player's alignment to the town as apology for killing me, I'm not even sure it'd be correct to choose Austin Powers when it'd be better to use the ability on someone who is hard to read. Therefore it wouldn't matter whether Austin Powers is a miller.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (isolation #213) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2004, Gamma Emerald wrote:@pops no response to what I said?
It was a shot from the hip since I have no completed games with you

if you feel confident about your assessment my stance will be "I stand corrected"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (isolation #214) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

inb4 I have 8 completed games with gamma on the other side of my site hiatus
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (isolation #215) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

god I need to roll scum and pull off something that cool someday
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (isolation #216) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: against
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (isolation #217) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

then NKA that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (isolation #218) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

7 is beyond plenty
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2100 (isolation #219) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

He'll know how to make you like it. I'll make an avatar bet on that, the conditions being that if I win, my avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis, and if I lose, my avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (isolation #220) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

i'm more like doesn't literally everybody use charisma to survive?

Actually I guess not there's people RC that make you feel subhuman for voting him somehow.

I don't understand mafia
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (isolation #221) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Austin you can join on the avatar bet it is open to anyone
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (isolation #222) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have no meta on Austin Powers I've never played with him before.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (isolation #223) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2110, Jingle wrote:
In post 2100, popsofctown wrote:I'll make an avatar bet on that, the conditions being that if I win, my avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis, and if I lose, my avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis
I'll make an avatar bet on literally anything, the terms being that it I win the bet, pops' avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis and if I lose the bet pops' avatar becomes Scholarship Student Isis.

Normally, I'd offer to do any avatar bet where my new avatar was related to my username, but the current one is a Pine gift and it deserves at least another month.
Ok we're betting on whether RC wins Any Non Dead Player Can Post In This Game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (isolation #224) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

I bet he loses
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2117 (isolation #225) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

3 is plenty
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (isolation #226) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I PM'ed the mod that I'm replacing out as popsofctown and replacing in as popsofctown, this game no longer counts towards my W-L record.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (isolation #227) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I will be changing my avatar to Scholarship Student Isis when this is finalized so that there is minimal confusion for the players.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (isolation #228) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

110% Wario Land
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (isolation #229) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah PL on Iconeum for activity is semiserious
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (isolation #230) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VCA: Hidden Happiness is complaining about game pace but has voted against every proposal except her own.
It's as though she has enough known teammates that every proposal hurts one of them?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (isolation #231) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HH whyd you vote down my proposal again?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (isolation #232) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I missed that you voted to lynch AP
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (isolation #233) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: for
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (isolation #234) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Mistakes are born, not made.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (isolation #235) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Iconeum how do you sort the failed lynches?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2193 (isolation #236) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Please draw CT as an openwolf instead of using text.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (isolation #237) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2196 (isolation #238) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

there's at least a 50% chance you're better at proposals than I am
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (isolation #239) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I hard TR PK are we playing the same game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (isolation #240) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2204, Vecna wrote:
In post 2099, Jingle wrote:1-shot Gladiator: CheekyTeeky
Inactive: momo
Day 5 Innocent Child: Nero Cain
Inventor: apthet
Day 3 King: Jingle
Macho: Lil Uzi Vert
Miller: Creature
Odd-Night Motion Detector: Gamma Emerald
Neighbour: popsofctown
Neighbour: Vecna
Timid: Hidden Happiness
Night 1 Universal Backup: pisskop
Vanilla: AP
Compulsive Quitter: Iconeum

I am strongly considering hammering the against and proposing this if I don't like Ico's entry to the thread tomorrow, btw.
I still strongly oppose miller on creature. the rest is absolutely great
Is that a hill you'll die on to keep it from passing?

If you want to be a hipster about Creature's readability there's still other stuff like motiondetect and vig that can handle the slot
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (isolation #241) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's probably a terrible and lazy lynch, Iconeum can be really valuable in the endgame.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (isolation #242) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

do u feel better
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2232 (isolation #243) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

You should give me miller
I'm super fun to read
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2235 (isolation #244) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

LUV vote for or against
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (isolation #245) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

She attends PAD Academy, for the record.
I don't know how she got her scholarship. Maybe she resurrected the dean of the school from death and got some favoritism
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2238 (isolation #246) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

It is crazy that we've moved onto such an unpopular lynch

Next game day we really need to figure out which vote:againsts were truly disingenuous that made this happen, someone voted down d5 IC on a partner for sure.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (isolation #247) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

ugh

44 billion choices guys
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2244 (isolation #248) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fox Falco Marth Sheik
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2354 (isolation #249) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2310, pisskop wrote:Tree stump is a second nk.
Am I gonna feel bad for not counting this as a slip if I keep you in my townreads?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2370 (isolation #250) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why shouldn't Dunnstral get BP over rolecall? If Dunnstral has both D5 IC and rolecall that's a bloated piñata made out of waxpaper for the scum to shoot. Doesn't matter what role he calls.

Why are we not giving the town players the immunity to the scum players' factional action.

How on god's green earth are you able to make that question complicated?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2374 (isolation #251) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think think apthet should claim btw. She probably gifted friendly neighbor and we don't want scum to know what slot is going to develop into a shootable IC slot.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (isolation #252) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

@cfj: Miller has no effect on Psychologist results?
Also, does Psychologist check whether a player has never used an Eliminate ability the entire game, or hasn't used one during the current night? Or both?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (isolation #253) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2383, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2370, popsofctown wrote:Why shouldn't Dunnstral get BP over rolecall? If Dunnstral has both D5 IC and rolecall that's a bloated piñata made out of waxpaper for the scum to shoot. Doesn't matter what role he calls.

Why are we not giving the town players the immunity to the scum players' factional action.

How on god's green earth are you able to make that question complicated?
How certain are you Dunn is town rn?
He's d5 IC he should be treated as town.
But beyond that he's very very likely town because day 1 seemed to have heavy influence on scum proposals, so if Dunn was scum the 3 missing votes on "5 day poison Nero Cain" would have easily sunk a proposal that could lack enthusiasm for other reasons as well
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (isolation #254) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Since CT has gladiator and might have used I guess you have to claim that.

I don't know how I feel about aiming the night action the way you did in the first place, it seems optimal to aim that ability at someone more in the middleground
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (isolation #255) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

I can be pronouned "he" or "she". I used to leave the pronoun setting off and put that in my signature but everyone called me "they" so I gave up on that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (isolation #256) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

Both revisor and gladiator interact with d3 King it seems like? That's weird?
@callforjudgment: what happens if d3 king logs in as early as he can and submits proposal with Alice as the Compulsive Quitter, and then one shot gladiator logs in right after and bolds in thread that Bob will gladiate against Charles
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (isolation #257) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2394, pisskop wrote:
@mod:. what happens if a non-town aligned player uses a friendly neighbor?
They visit the target, similar to like a fruit vendor but without the victim of the action getting a message from the mod to know that the visit happened.
It was either in the post or the wiki
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2401 (isolation #258) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't want to check Creature. I like knowing how things work even if I don't use them
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (isolation #259) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Guys the treestump vs. quit decision should not be based on expected future contribution. It should be based on flips. The treestump doesn't flip. It should be someone who we want to die but who wouldn't crack open all the VCA you can do on d1. There is a lot in there.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (isolation #260) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2402, Creature wrote:I prefer when we don't have a mechanical talk unless we're pretty close to a mechanical win
Yeah I always move my chess pieces randomly unless I can see mate in 3.

I've achieved grandmaster status with this valid play preference.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2414 (isolation #261) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2412, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2407, Creature wrote:
In post 2403, popsofctown wrote:The treestump doesn't flip.
Oh fuck
Idk about that
Then ask the mod?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2418 (isolation #262) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

pisskop lied to us maybe

Chronomancer should go to Gamma Emerald btw. It's weak roleblocker that only works on investigations, so it's a scumsided role.
Making one of the investigators and the chronomancer be the same thing means there is one less possible way the Bad Thing can be used. Even if the mod lets him chronomance himself it doesn't let him do anything he couldn't do by lying for a day.

I guess you could argue that X is a better townread than gamma and psychologist is powerful and it's worth it to overlook that role interaction, but the
mechanical
choice for chronomancer is definitely Gamma.
Does Chronomancer delay the Friendly Neighbor "you've been visited by Eve, who is town" message?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2421 (isolation #263) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

ewwwww EM
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (isolation #264) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

Because we should BP the IC
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2426 (isolation #265) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

oh, why cant we BP cheek's target? Because factional rolesetop. Cheeks has to fire unpredictably
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2431 (isolation #266) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

The only person besides Dunnstral I could see getting BP is apthet.

If Dunnstral doesn't get BP he should get a bad role that makes the scum feel bad about killing him tonight. Like uh the revisor or something.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2433 (isolation #267) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2430, Creature wrote:I hate this game
Sounds like if we lynch you everyone wins
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2434 (isolation #268) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Creature angst is scum indicative in general, I've heard, so that he's indicating mechanics are the source doesn't do enough to mollify me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2437 (isolation #269) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Who's the scum Creature?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (isolation #270) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Will chrono fail to delay an investigation performed by a Macho player just because the role is tagged "protective", or will only the protective aspects of the chrono ability fail due to the macho
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2444 (isolation #271) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

@CT did the mod message you that you have friendly neighbor?

You really shouldn't let AtE affect your reads apthet
:( (<<<ignore it with willpower)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2447 (isolation #272) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

What happened to using a key for the two different anime characters you two are roleplaying?

The 3 hour minimum on revisor means that town can coordinate around it in a LyLo situation. You would have to troll with it before LyLo and put yourself at serious risk for getting vengelynched over it to get some use out of it. I think it will be mostly weak.

On a reread it cannot affect King due to the 3 hour minimum. The king's proposal is voted on for 0 hours.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2450 (isolation #273) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think I want to lynch Creature today. High information flip that's currently holding Miller.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (isolation #274) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

because otherwise you would surely perish on a double lynch day
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2462 (isolation #275) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

treestump almost is a maybe
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2465 (isolation #276) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

If creature flips town then I can bump HH up a lot of spaces.
If he flips scum there's lots of people who redirected the focus of d1 to look at.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2467 (isolation #277) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

idk if you've made a single read I agree with all game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (isolation #278) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2469, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2467, popsofctown wrote:idk if you've made a single read I agree with all game
Is that why you scumread me?
It is a large component I feel like you couldn't possibly be that bad
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (isolation #279) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please don't gladiate.

Creature you're not gonna be that easy to read if you're not having a fun time this game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (isolation #280) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

DON'T USE AN ANTITOWN ROLE
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2497 (isolation #281) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2488, Hidden Happiness wrote: You can't guarentee town can coordinate around Revisor because by LYLO there's no way people will agree who "The Town" are. Either way do you see any harm in giving it to someone whose alignment is about to be confirmed?
In 5p LyLo I think your concern is kinda valid, in the more likely 3p LyLo it doesn't matter whether people "agree" who "the town" is. In the cases where the two townies agree they should vote the scum together, they can wait until each of them logs in at the same time and hammer it together, even if that scum is a revisor. In cases where two townies do not agree they should vote the scum together, we lose 100% of those games anyway, scum do not selfvote.

But yeah I don't see much harm in Revisor going to Cheeky.

pedit:
Oh yeah, mom is hardlock captain good notice
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2498 (isolation #282) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

chrono is also negative utility but momo can't be both :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2501 (isolation #283) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Creature HURT: Austin Powers
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2504 (isolation #284) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, wow.

What if the setup is super trippy and in 3p LyLo he gets pseudo hated because the three roles are "Fruit Vendor, Friendly Neighbor, Compulsive Quitter"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2506 (isolation #285) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

chrono delays investigation results one night. Like the person who did the investigation doesn't even find out what their result is from the mod until a day later.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2507 (isolation #286) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

It doesn't matter apparently momo can't be chrono
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2510 (isolation #287) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2509, Bingle wrote:
In post 2366, pisskop wrote:jingle gets hood.
I get PR, btw, because I intend to immediately break the restriction twice and invalidate my D3 role distribution monopoly.
Wait then no one would have a proposal

I'm pretty sure the game just freezes forever.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2516 (isolation #288) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Shadoweh have I played with you before this game your posts are fun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2519 (isolation #289) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

With Creature town and PK scum, mafia eliminate Creature N1 9/10 times
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2530 (isolation #290) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2521, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 2516, popsofctown wrote:Shadoweh have I played with you before this game your posts are fun
You were in my first large normal game and left an impression on me with your evil woofy ways :( All the evidence was eaten by tigers which sucks b/c i was proud of 'accidentally' claiming VT as the tracker
I remember being in a large normal as SK but I don't remember ever playing a large normal as mafia. Did I play a large normal as mafia? Did I win or lose?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (isolation #291) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2523, AP wrote:Anyone who suggests BP on the IC is bad at mechanical play. IC is going to be shot on N3, N4 or even N5 (after being confirmed). Giving them N2 BP is a waste of the utility. You give BP to the one we need to be alive TOMORROW.
It's very likely the scum have something important they need to do with their NK N3, N4, or N5, probably more important than any of these roles. That is somewhat speculative. My thinking was that it'd be good to BP Dunnstral tonight so that the scum's NK to-do list is too overloaded to kill everyone they need to kill on these later nights.
I'm pretty happy with BPing the inventor though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (isolation #292) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oversoul>Jingle>Bingle
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2543 (isolation #293) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

Also, although no one asked, a few of my favorite mafia players:
Oversoul>Jingle>>>>>>Bingle
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2569 (isolation #294) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Day 3 post restricted for momo seems like a bad fit, his drop in activity is what has made it a lot, lot harder to be confident about his slot
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2571 (isolation #295) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Given our eventual decision to BP her that'd be fine.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2574 (isolation #296) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Can you post something helpful today
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (isolation #297) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2575, Hidden Happiness wrote:The suggestion that I be DV, Gamma
In post 2569, popsofctown wrote:Day 3 post restricted for momo seems like a bad fit, his drop in activity is what has made it a lot, lot harder to be confident about his slot
What else would you want to give him right now besides lynch/stump?

Oh great AP is still in like six pages ago considering apthet already outted
Swap with CT, revisor
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (isolation #298) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

PROVABLE RANDOMNESS IS BANNED IN MAFIA GAMES don't get forcereplaced
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (isolation #299) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2643, pisskop wrote:
In post 2519, popsofctown wrote:With Creature town and PK scum, mafia eliminate Creature N1 9/10 times
??? :?:
Creature, if he truly has a town role pm, will usually townspew by midgame, in theory, some people contested that. So it's a high value NK due to how townread the slot will be.

Mechanically it moves the miller onto you which is beneficial if you are scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2651 (isolation #300) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

yeah you're in a good spot right this second but it's not like today is lylo-1
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (isolation #301) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2655, Hidden Happiness wrote:btw pops it was called vanillaside or something, you were scum with zmuffinman and some third, town lost sad bananas
the only vanillaside i could find though was a completely different game
Wow I don't remember this. I had vague positive feelings towards you going into this game though!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2659 (isolation #302) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

unofficial proposal, (excludes a "give myself the best role" choice because it's optimal fmpov but I'm not sure proposing the best things for themselves all the time
creates good dayflow. Rolecaller seems 110% most important to associate with a town aligned slot)
Lynch: Creature
Treestump: Austin Powers
N2 BP: Apthet
Revisor: CheekyTeeky
Even Tracker: popsofctown
Psychologist: Bingle
Role caller: pisskop
Post Restricted: Lil Uzi Vert
Chronomancer: Dunnstral
Double Voter: Hidden Happiness
Captain: Gamma Emerald

Drawing this up put me through a bit of thought exercises I'm going to reread some stuff I might be leading myself to a different idea.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (isolation #303) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

So the thing I was looking at, is, how good are the next 3 inventions, really. And they are preeetty meh. Best one left is bodyguard, but it's one shot bodyguard, it's so hard to even connect with it.
There's this mechanical strategy we can go for of stacking active roles on as small a group of players as possible, to make the motion detector roles and tracker roles as powerful as possible. If the pool of players who has no business being out after curfew is smaller it is easier to use tracker and motion detector to get a soft or hard guilty.

Chronomancer: Apthet achieves this. But also since Apthet seems like a pretty high priority NK it tosses the troubling Chronomancer role into the graveyard faster. Someone pointed out N2 BP doesn't save a townread forever, just for 1 night, so I should stop being averse to letting apthet having thin skin N2.

But then... I can't actually figure out a place to put the N2 BP that's any better. Hrm. Once you think to yourself "this person is infact going to die -eventually-" it just seems equally useless on everyone.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (isolation #304) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

This is some of that mech talk no one likes huh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2662 (isolation #305) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok I'll do some NKA cause that's mafia: Vecna seemed to be going at A50 pretty hard so maybe A50 is scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2664 (isolation #306) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

I forgot momo and neighbor. Which I guess would be ok.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2668 (isolation #307) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

Impregnable defense, Creature.

I don't know about momo-lynch, I think he has the potential to play a d3 like his day 1 and clear his recent behavior. I -could- say the same thing about Creature but I really don't understand the secret ways of reading Creature, or in the even I understand them a lot better than I think I do, he's just obvscum that should be lynched today.
momo+AP lynch is ok I guess. You can't do momo+Creature without feeling at least a little stupid because it's inconceivable that those two slots are SvS
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2673 (isolation #308) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

why can't momo and AP both be scum?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2676 (isolation #309) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

I see that post now
It is pretty unlikely but not as impossible as Creature/momo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (isolation #310) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2678, Bingle wrote:I just realized we can hard confirm CT if we want by using the tracker.

Not sure that it's worth invalidating the tracker though.
Rolestop though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (isolation #311) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2688, Dunnstral wrote:Pops can you walk me through why giving me the pseudo doctor makes sense
because it's not a doctor. A chrono'd and murdered player can do absolutely nothing but post opinions in thread, and only for one day. That's it. They no longer count towards the town win condition, they no longer use their PRs, and they no longer vote. They cannot even include hard investigative information amongst these opinions they post in thread, because that's blocked.

the chrono is a gimped roleblocker/rolestopper that only works on investigative roles. It can delay the tracker or psychologist until such a point when the tracker or psychologist are dead, and in the case of connecting the shot with a Friendly Neighbor recipient it will result in us outright lynching someone we would have IC'd instead were it not for the chrono role. It's very negative utility therefore I want it on confirmed town, particularly confirmed town that will get shot and bury the role in the ground.

If on more person calls chrono a protective role i'll lose it. No one in this playerlist is good enough at mafia that I respect a day of their opinions over a night of tracking or psychology.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2700 (isolation #312) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2698, AP wrote:
In post 2696, Bingle wrote: So, Cheeky targets the BP, and Tracker verifies she did target the BP. BP says they didn't get the message and we lynch one of the BP or CT. They flip Town and we lynch the other one and they also flip Town. What next? Oh! We TOLD THE SCUM BEFOREHAND to ROLESTOP THE BP, so they won't get the FN message.
The tracker would be told that Cheeky did not visit anyone. Rolestopping makes the action not even happen. Somehow when CheekyTeeky tries to leave her house, someone asks where she's going, and if she says the name of the rolestopped players, she is dragged upstairs in chaaaaaaiiiiiiins and visits nobody. That's mechanically how rolestopping works.
Anyway pisskops summary is the best, she needs to quasirandomly get the shot off on a town-aligned player and it's not worth an entire PR shot to support that process.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (isolation #313) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If you hit scum you're putting the ball in their court on what play to make. They can say "Yeah I got the message, she's IC" and just shoot you later, or they can do something better than that, up to them. If you hit a townie they say "I got the message she's IC" every single time. I guess the vast majority of the time the scum will just say you're IC.

If you aim it at a scummy player I guess they are unlikely to get NKed so there's that.

A scummy player who is likely to get scum-aligned is very likely to be rolestopped though, so there's that.
I guess that's a check in and of itself, it's suspicious for any player to be a rolestop target on a Tracker/psychologist night.

God this setup is complicated.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2704 (isolation #314) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2703, CheekyTeeky wrote:Well no because I'm told if my action fails...
No, not by standard modding practices. There is no text in CFJ's Friendly Neighbor that suggests a special ability to detect that you've been rolestopped.
This is in the wiki regarding roleblocker:
"The blocked player will not normally be told that they have been blocked (unless they used an investigative role and thus were expecting a results PM, in which case the moderator will let them know that their action failed)."
It's not an investigative role.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (isolation #315) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I guess you might have some modtext in the "you've been invented" PM that suggests otherwise but if he did more than copy/paste it from the D1 start post it'd be questionable modding practice.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2707 (isolation #316) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Cheeky it is part of the setup that scum is guaranteed to have a factional rolestop. It's in the rules for the setup.

It's a rolestop, not a roleblock, whether the action is prevented depends on the target, rather than the user. So it's important that you use your friendly neighbor unpredictably.

Apthet is a girl and she explained her reasoning for outing you already, I'm not sure what kind of elaboration you're anticipating.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2711 (isolation #317) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2385, apthet wrote:
In post 2374, popsofctown wrote:I don't think think apthet should claim btw. She probably gifted friendly neighbor and we don't want scum to know what slot is going to develop into a shootable IC slot.
This is a good point, but... I think I'm going to leave the claim there. I think it's efficient for town energy to move on from discussing her as a Quitter target now. Seems like there's a decent chance of that getting proposed, which would probably lead to me claiming anyway. And if scum wants to use the nightkill on someone that no one felt confident in, I'm quite okay with that. (Feel free to yell at me if this is bad. :oops: )
[/quote]
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2724 (isolation #318) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2718, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2700, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2698, AP wrote:
In post 2696, Bingle wrote: So, Cheeky targets the BP, and Tracker verifies she did target the BP. BP says they didn't get the message and we lynch one of the BP or CT. They flip Town and we lynch the other one and they also flip Town. What next? Oh! We TOLD THE SCUM BEFOREHAND to ROLESTOP THE BP, so they won't get the FN message.
The tracker would be told that Cheeky did not visit anyone. Rolestopping makes the action not even happen. Somehow when CheekyTeeky tries to leave her house, someone asks where she's going, and if she says the name of the rolestopped players, she is dragged upstairs in chaaaaaaiiiiiiins and visits nobody. That's mechanically how rolestopping works.
Anyway pisskops summary is the best, she needs to quasirandomly get the shot off on a town-aligned player and it's not worth an entire PR shot to support that process.
That makes this incorrect
Yeah it does.
I have _opinions_ about this but this ruling benefits my wincon so I'll be quiet
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2725 (isolation #319) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2721, Gamma Emerald wrote:Fyi Ascetic is a hermit so like you can't target them most of the time because like you can't fucking find them
That's a good flavor construction but for the record it's about pretty likely the original creation of the mafia term is based on Troll Ascetic. Troll Ascetic was an above average magic card with an ability that says "can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control". WotC sparingly reused that exact ability on several cards but even though they were reusing it so much did not create a nickname for it like they usually do so the magic community struggled to unify around their own nickname for the mechanic. "Trollshroud" was the most common name, and didn't make any sense to anyone unless you had played with or against troll Ascetic.
The ability was finally officially given the name "hexproof" about 3 years ago. But Mafia Ascetics have been around much longer than three years. There's plenty of overlap between MTG and mafia players.

It doesn't actually contradict your interpretation really cause troll Ascetic himself looks like he's off being a loner in the woods and not hanging out with people enough to be easily found you just triggered a ramble.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2726 (isolation #320) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

Idk why AP thinks I'm scum or if he actually even does.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2735 (isolation #321) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: against
When asked why you scumread me you give me psychologist instead? You just don't have any plausible reads progression this game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2739 (isolation #322) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Can you see from where I'm sitting how it could look like you're trying to pocket two players with this, and I know you don't even TR at least one of them
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2745 (isolation #323) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Your scumcase on me in Starry Night Mafia was "pops is scummy" with absolutely no additional english words, and rather expectedly that put my slot in an amount of jeopardy exactly equal to your vote (which the tree stump would remove)
So this makes no sense whatsoever.
I guess you probably lack enough self awareness to post this as both alignments though.
pedit: @Creature obv
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2746 (isolation #324) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think this player list has an "Ellibereth", theoretically maybe deliberately stumping a player like that would be optimal if there was one.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2754 (isolation #325) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2751, Bingle wrote:
In post 2735, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: against
When asked why you scumread me you give me psychologist instead? You just don't have any plausible reads progression this game
Why vote against? Is there a specific problem with the list or are you just anti AP right now?
My D1 review last night concluded LUV and CT can't be scum together.

Lynching a red LUV and clearing CT while she double clears herself with fn would be very inefficient. Not lynching LUV and treating him as town when cheeky claims to have FN'd the deaf player is efficient.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (isolation #326) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

My phone keyboard changed to a shitty popup form how do I fix it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (isolation #327) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Android pls help
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2767 (isolation #328) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

I figured it out myself I'm so smart can I have a scummy I think that's the threshold most people seem to use when asking for a scummy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (isolation #329) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2760, Bingle wrote:
In post 2756, Hidden Happiness wrote:The reason your scum is because of what I outlined Day 1 Luv. To be honest I haven't read too much of today but considering my partner is now on bored with getting you lynched I can only assume your today hasn't been that good either. I can read it if you really want but I think I've been clear on my opinion already.
He wanted to treestump me if I became a universal tr and give bp to a scummy player to "narrow the nk pool", mostly, as far as today goes.

Yesterday I still think there was something wonky going on with the Ico/LUV interactions and I now know it didn't come from Ico.

Pops, why are Ico/CT S/T?
I don't remember saying this. I wouldn't support or oppose this relationship. For one I don't remember whether ct voted Iconeum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2770 (isolation #330) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2755, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 2754, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2751, Bingle wrote:
In post 2735, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: against
Why vote against? Is there a specific problem with the list or are you just anti AP right now?
My D1 review last night concluded LUV and CT can't be scum together.

Lynching a red LUV and clearing CT while she double clears herself with fn would be very inefficient. Not lynching LUV and treating him as town when cheeky claims to have FN'd the deaf player is efficient.
CT has been obvious town regardless of the Luv flip though. (But yes Luv is flipping red)
If you want to push for giving luv even more macho roles and convincing me of this enough to give ct townread roles then sure. But the mechanics of two players that can't be scum together and one is about to be investigated strongly counsels against lynching either one
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2771 (isolation #331) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

Dunnstral and pops reads by 8 a.m. on Monday or heads will roll!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (isolation #332) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2774 (isolation #333) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm on my phone right now so it's a bit tricky to source my white papers man

There was some early "bussing" from the slot iirc. May or may not have included additional inferences based on the one proposal that put CT at d5 IC
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2776 (isolation #334) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Thanks you I'm gonna play puzzles and dragons on the way to this silly pre-pre-wedding party
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2789 (isolation #335) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm gonna "campaign" against it when I get to a PC and explain the assoc thing
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2793 (isolation #336) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 53, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My guts says Cheeky should get the IC role.
In post 242, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 87, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 53, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My guts says Cheeky should get the IC role.
Why?
Scum are gonna try to make quick work of whoever they feel they can push easily, and I don’t think we have the luxury to wait around for someone to be confirmed town in a game like this. I think giving it someone who is unlikely to be lynched or night killed is much more optimal. It could force scum to kill a potential endgame option earlier then they would like to.

I don’t see you as lynch bait and I don’t see you as a high priority night kill. What I can see however is a world in which scum may leave you alive because you’ve been pocketed or just pose no threat to them. You’re pretty solid as town though and I think scum don’t want to deal with a Cheeky that’s going to be taken out of the lynch pool late game.
In post 391, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 322, Almost50 wrote:This is the second iteration. I made minor changes overall. I still haven't changed the stronger roles though.

Timid = Hidden Happiness (Shadoweh/MariaR hydra)
Vanilla = Iconeum
Inventor = popsofctown
Day 5 Innocent Child = Oversoul
Miller = apthet
Neighbour = Nero Cain
1-shot Gladiator = momo
Day 3 King = Vecna
Night 1 Universal Backup = CheekyTeeky
Neighbour = Almost50
Odd-Night Motion Detector = Gamma Emerald
Macho = Lil Uzi Vert
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx (RadiantCowbells/Baezu hydra)
Timid = Lil Uzi Vert?
Vanilla = Oversoul
Inventor = ?
Day 5 Innocent Child = CheekyTeeky
Miller = Momo
Neighbour = ?
1-shot Gladiator = popsofctown
Day 3 King = ?
Night 1 Universal Backup = Hidden Happiness
Neighbour = Vecna
Odd-Night Motion Detector = apthet
Macho = Gamma Emerald
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx

This is what I have so far.
In post 591, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Cheeky might be scum here.
In post 1091, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1072, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1069, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why aren’t we lynching scum yet?
Who's the scum then, Uzi?
If we are getting cold feet on Titus, I can compromise on Cheeky.
In post 1099, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Offical Proposal:

1-Shot Gladiator: Almost50
Inactive: Saudade
Day 5 Innocent Child: Oversoul
Inventor: popsofctown
Day 3 King: Apthet
Macho: Gamma Emerald
Miller: Momo
Odd-Night Motion Detector: Lil Uzi Vert
Neighbor: Titus
Neighbor: Vecna
Vanilla: Iconeum
Timid: Hidden Happiness
N1 Universal Backup: Nero Cain
Compulsive Quitter: CheekyTeeky
He posited CheekyTeeky D5 IC frequently early in the game, and the justification he gave for it doesn't really seem to generate towncred and seems pretty authentic. Giving a teammate D5 IC is a Bad Thing. Some of LUV's mechanical comments this game have been so offbase that I almost want to consider it bad!scum!LilUziVert but I think he'd manage to figure out that this cops his scumpartner on day 5. It seems really plausible that people might just say "hey yeah CheekyTeeky's meta fits D5 IC plenty" and that everyone slots her in that way in all the proposals for the rest of the game and it'd be a really strange move before the rest of the game developed.

Then his only proposal actually lynches CT. At this point in the game state it seems really possible to continue pushing for Titus, or to lynch someone else entirely, and this proposal seemed to have a very real chance of passing.

It seems very unlikely these 2 can be paired and there's a lot of benefit to "pigeonholing" their lynch pending Friendly Neighbor results. There are 2 other mafia we can go for, even if LUV is, say, double rand odds of being scum. scum!LUV doesn't do anything with the additional night, the conversation would maybe be different if he was an inventor or something, but he's not, it's optimal to resequence lynches here.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2797 (isolation #337) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2794, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why are you so obsessed with me? Go tunnel someone else with your tinfoil theories.
CheekyTeeky would you say I am one of your favorite mafia players, or would you say I am one of your
most
favorite mafia players?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2806 (isolation #338) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

Socratic method itt
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (isolation #339) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

GE who's the scum?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2812 (isolation #340) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I wonder if the gamesolve is that there are only two people who gender another correctly and that's the scumteam.
Doesn't work very well because I would be one of those two people and I TR apthet. Boo.

GE seems a bit scummy due to PoE on some of my townreading.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2814 (isolation #341) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

You used he in this case.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2815 (isolation #342) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Guys should I change my avatar or keep this one forever
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2818 (isolation #343) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

apthet's avatar looks like a lizard. If you treat the circle as an eye, it has an elongated head that is more similar to a lizard than another animal.

Her avatar has the colors blue, orange, and kinda yellow in it. There is a special species of lizard that engages in a rock paper scissors mating strategy, and the males are subcategorized into blue, orange, and yellow, based on what strategy they prefer. Strategy A is to build a huge harem of females and pass DNA through all of them but also spread your resources thin looking after all of them. It loses to strategy B, sneak into the territory of someone with too many females and adulterize one of them, then make him look after her and the young thinking it's his, then quickly move onto the next harem to infiltrate. This loses to strategy C, pick one female that looks very healthy and focus only on her and watch her at all times, females with that type of lizard won't accept adultery even if approached. Strategy C loses to strategy A because you could pass your DNA down many more times with a harem.

All the males are uniquely matched to one of those colors, the decision is genetic, one of the strategies genes will just start prevailing more when one strategy is getting better. As far as I know the females can pair with a male using any of the strategies. Since apthet's avatar has all 3 colors in it, therefore, it must be female if you imagine it has some relationship to this fascinating species of lizard.
Should be super easy to remember now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2821 (isolation #344) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

it'd be a scumclaim that implicates 2 slots when used, so not a big deal?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2822 (isolation #345) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

it'd be a pretty good reason to ban cheeky teeky from choosing apthet as the person to FN, though, actually
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2826 (isolation #346) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Are you scumclaiming
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (isolation #347) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what reason would your shot be useless unless you know it's a visitor
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2829 (isolation #348) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's a rolestop, not a roleblock. There's only a 1/10 chance the scum aim correctly to stop you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2831 (isolation #349) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No i will treat you as confirmed town until that player flips scum. Possibly even after since it's very high risk to lie about receiving a FN
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2834 (isolation #350) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You need to not target apthet cause Jingle has raised a valid concern. You can target literally anyone else.

You might want to add a slight increase in probability of targetting LUV if he isn't lynched because he's immune to the chronomancer blocking your shot. Unless you townread the chronomancer anyway.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2836 (isolation #351) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you don't agree that she should not be targetting apthet?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2842 (isolation #352) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's a lame nickname i had when i was 13 that's supposed to mean "popular". I lived in a C initialed city at the time and had to make it unique to create an AOL instant messenger account.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2843 (isolation #353) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

wow that is over half my life ago i am old
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2848 (isolation #354) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: vote: momo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2853 (isolation #355) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

AP/momo seems pretty good.

@mod: will tree stump have identical replacement policy to a living player?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2860 (isolation #356) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2857, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 2853, popsofctown wrote:AP/momo seems pretty good.

@mod: will tree stump have identical replacement policy to a living player?
What did momo do that made him a lynch target again
It's scummy that he started lurking after a strong start. town!momo still needs to solve a game with no redflips in it yet, scum!momo needs to not scumslip.

unrelated mechanics thing that popped into my mind after i thought "all he's done today is say he townreads a 1/3rd clear", I am weirdly the only person in the setup that can be sane copped tonight. Since I was motion detected N1, a psychologist should be able to get red if I'm scum, unless I killed tonight, in which case, you could ALSO use the tracker.
I don't recommend such a prodigal use of actions but it's funny. It'd be a ginormo way to get rolestopped mostly. Psychologist just has to make a crazy 1/9 shot
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (isolation #357) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

I can't see a bird no matter how hard I try
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2868 (isolation #358) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

Guys I decided I'm keeping this avatar forever
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2870 (isolation #359) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok just start perceiving it as one that lays eggs
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2876 (isolation #360) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

momo got banned for telling his partner to go inactive sitewide and also lie about RL too. Visiting the site less often and playing some extra fallout instead without asking his partners to do the same wouldn't violate site rules the same way, but since he has told a partner that lurking is a good strategy as scum like obviously he believes lurking is a good strategy as scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2878 (isolation #361) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

No, I don't, because you're playing a hydra and are not signing your posts :P
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2880 (isolation #362) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Asking us to read him based on his earlier play instead of even offering some empty promises to get in here and start playing is kind of a clincher to me.

I don't think it's impossible he flips town or anything I just am seeing this pattern differently from you are, both the level of activity and his treatment of his own activity.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2881 (isolation #363) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah I thought both the last two posts were Shadoweh. I don't put lots of energy into learning to alt hunt. Scumhunting is more fun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2883 (isolation #364) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

Saying it was hard to read me is why I thought you were Shadoweh. Do you really find me hard to read, Maria? I don't think I've ever been told that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2885 (isolation #365) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

Did you notice that Oversoul sheeped the reasoning on Firebringer's predance scumread on me
Then 2 posts later listed a top 9 scumreads and I somehow wasn't scummy enough to place at least 9th
I was so mad about that but somehow no one noticed. I think no one reread on GR flip
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (isolation #366) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have kind of come to TRing HH slot and I think it's 99% shadoweh so you should find some way to hide 2875
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2888 (isolation #367) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

You don't get to be bad at mafia that's my job
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (isolation #368) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

best way to read me is to detect whether I'm having fun
Starry Night Mafia I was having more fun than I usually do as scum but at least half of it was me pretending to have fun when I wanted to die and reroll VT
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2893 (isolation #369) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

momo or titus redflips seem to clear the other. Between the people I want mechanics to resolve and the people I TR my lynchpool is like not really big enough to not lynch either momo or titus. So if you wanna stick with the D1 townreading of momo (which like totally postgame or postflip I can see it being like palm to forehead the townread should still be there) I want my creaturelynch
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (isolation #370) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm downvoting LUV lynch, not creature lynch

@Bingle
He pocketed d1 is that a legitimate towncase :shiftyeyes:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (isolation #371) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah that's still my stance on LUV. I've seen a couple posts that seem like townLUV and a couple posts that seem like scumLUV this game but I really want to break this game with mechanics even if the scum are outplaying us and one of the ways to do that is to get 2 reads out of the Friendly Neighbor instead of 1.

I agree with Bingle (or was it Dunnstral) about there being a limited-scope defense here for momo. Really the things that would help me best re-evaluate the slot is if he became as active as he was d1 but it doesn't really look like that's going to happen.

I apologize in advance for referencing momo's ban, the intent is not to smear him, I just play mafia to win and try to think transparently as town so I post almost everything I think as town ("almost" having a 1:1 correspondence with content I cannot reference due to the ongoing games rule). I would not bring it up if I could figure out a way around it and don't have any reason to represent him as anything but a reformed player.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (isolation #372) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

btw this has been drunkpops and drunkpops has a confession
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2920 (isolation #373) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Scholarship Student Isis has an evolution, but it is one of the rare flipflop evolutions where you evolve again to return to the original form, so it's not necessarily a forward progression.

Her evolution has a different ability that increases the healing statistic instead of the HP statistic, which is an even break to a newbie or a player unfamiliar with playing lots of actual games of PAD, but is obviously bad with experienced players' general evaulation that HP is a more valuable statistic than attack.

The evolution's name is still Scholarship Student Isis.

I was going to not change my avatar and then joke that I hadn't changed it like I promised because I thought she had identical art in addition to an identical name. But she is actually wearing a different scarf in the evolution form, she just has an identical pose and identical pace.

Ok as I have recently discovered her name also changes to Beautiful and Intelligent Scholarship Student Isis.

WAIT that means I haven't renegged on my promise cause I got the name wrong

ok

confession is not just a ramble not a confession

gg

i'm keeping this avatar like forever like as long as i can manage to
not as long as Isis is good cause she's not very good but I love her

this has been drunkpops
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2921 (isolation #374) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I ought to name one person outside of (a50)[CT/LUV](creature, momo) as a lynchpool cantidate to be less bossy and if I had to pick the slot I TR the least it'd be Gamma Emerald.

but like 1) he's motion detector 2) idk if I can read him like in Starry night mafia I couldn't get a townread on him and I was scum.

But uh that'd be the guy
Almost certain one of the other peoples is fooling me huh, but i wanna get their partners deadededed first

this has been drunkpops
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2922 (isolation #375) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

look im not even in a hydra and i can sign wtf

alhtough i guess the argument could go

dont need to sign when we can tell if you're drunk?
2918 looks sober to me tho

but it's not
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2924 (isolation #376) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what's wig mean my hair is natural
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2926 (isolation #377) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2925, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2918, popsofctown wrote:Yeah that's still my stance on LUV. I've seen a couple posts that seem like townLUV and a couple posts that seem like scumLUV this game but I really want to break this game with mechanics even if the scum are outplaying us and one of the ways to do that is to get 2 reads out of the Friendly Neighbor instead of 1.
OK but does town Cheeky = Scum Lil uzi vert ?
The is some % it does since based on LUV's playstyle I suspect he busses much less than rand. And proposing a townslot for d5 IC would be a good play as scum (particularly with RCscum, but also with any scum).

But not in any slamdunk way. If you feel Lil Uzi Vert's scumminess is a -tier- above alternatives I suggest like A50 and Gamma Emerald it is very plausible that your correct stance would be "lynch Lil Uzi Vert anyways" but I read him as scummy but not a tier scummier. probably actually scummier than A50 and GE, just not by a tier
I'm pretty willing to agree to disagree on it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2927 (isolation #378) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

oh you know what's an important question

i'm pretty sure it's a no though

@callforjudgment, presuming next day's role sheet has a normal queue Vigilante role, would LUV's macho status cause him to be unable to be protected from that vigilante by the scum's factional rolestop?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (isolation #379) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i think he's gonna say no cause the chrono ruling was based on whether the role was "tagged" as protective or not and i don't think the factional rolestop is "tagged" that way but it's good to ask
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (isolation #380) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2936, apthet wrote:And she would have had to not used the rolestop or the kill. I think pops was an unexpected Motion Detector choice... yes. I think that points to town there.
Scum are multi-acting, so if they surely assigned the same person to do the kill to also rolestop. It's a 1/3rd clear not a 2/3rds clear, + even less than that if I am scum with Gamma Emerald or apthet (who would triple multiact and have fully explained motion).

I'm starting to think a strategy with an X% of sane copping my slot my be worth it. It's kind of more like burning 1 role than 2 because the psychologist is so weak. The tracker could and psych could each agree to like, a 30% chance of investigating me? Some amount of chance of cooperating that makes it difficult to decide whether to rolestop onto me. This game is slowly getting sorted and ICing a slot with no power could actually be really powerful.

There's a beneficial side affect to focusing night behavior towards my slot, Teeky becomes less likely to get roleblocked, and I doubt she was interested in visiting me tonight anyway because she kinda hates me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2941 (isolation #381) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Jingle why can't you keep all the dreamcrushing in the open queue
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2942 (isolation #382) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

Also
In post 2884, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 2883, popsofctown wrote:Saying it was hard to read me is why I thought you were Shadoweh. Do you really find me hard to read, Maria? I don't think I've ever been told that.
Yes!
In post 2940, Bingle wrote:First, you’re one of the more readable people based on your dayplay.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (isolation #383) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Not voting (6): momo, pisskop, apthet, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Creature
These people.
Vote on the proposal
Also vote on Jingle's unofficial votecount where he mods too many games and then tries to play one and then makes a special account for how he's gonna stop modding but then he starts modding this game as a player
I don't think people should explicitly hold off on proposals while the unofficial votecount is running its course, I think the more game tempo the better, especially when we are fighting "arguably scumsided dayplay dynamic" here like in Anyone Can Post
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2950 (isolation #384) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Cheeky Teeky has friendly neighbor (or is lying and says she has friendly neighbor but apthet did target her)
Gamma detected no motion on me last night
That's all
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2952 (isolation #385) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

apthet invented onto CheekyTeeky last night, so CheekyTeeky now has one shot friendly neighbor (unless CheekyTeeky performed the kill and rolestopped herself)
CheekyTeeky fires the friendly neighbor shot tonight and we will find out whether she is scum the next day, with a low% chance of this not working quite right.

btw
mod
can a scum target themselves with the factional rolestop, or does a different scum teammate have to perform it?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2957 (isolation #386) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Flip the quitter and treestump for sure. I never see lategame Creature solve versus chanting gut reads.
Still think Gamma should be Chronomage.
N3 compulsive rolecaller turns dunnstral into a value piñata. Again I like Dunnstral for Chronomage so we can expect it not to get used.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (isolation #387) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2960, Bingle wrote:Compulsive Rolecaller on Dunn makes too much sense not to be the play.

It's D4 unlynchable, and he's unlynchable until D5.
Temporary unlynchable isn't really a big deal.
You can give it to anyone widely enough townread that it'd take a lot of transition for them to be the lynch tomorrow.

I'm ok with you getting it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2979 (isolation #388) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

momo are you gonna be able to possibly attend to this game the way you did D1 if work dies down, on D3 or D4
If so I kind of agree.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2980 (isolation #389) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dunnstral if you are town and people end up giving you the rolecall
Don't make yourself into too much of a pin~ata.
Pick a negative utility role you don't want to fall into scum hands.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2985 (isolation #390) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

:(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2990 (isolation #391) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

there's a pretty good chance one of the -keep your hands away- slots flips scum yeah
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (isolation #392) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

you have LUV wanting creature to be simultaneously lynched and treestumped, but it looks like there are eight votes across the two options so even with that doublecounter there's the requisite 7.

Can we agree we're flipping Creature today so we can cover some ground?
And then we can start using CFJ's votecount for the other lynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2994 (isolation #393) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why on god's green earth does CT get d3 unlynchable when she is getting 80% sane copped N2???
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2996 (isolation #394) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

OH all this time I thought the role was used tonight and pick any role you want tomorrow
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (isolation #395) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Swapping AP and Dunnstral seems like an obvious optimization
I don't understand why Bingle is BP
But my biggest thing is I'd rather get a different lynch from momo incase Creature flips red and clears momo-slot
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (isolation #396) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I'm probably not going to get the other lynch I want today. People are planning to give me a weak-ass power role tonight and I am widely townread so I think I'm going to leave the scum guessing on what my LUV alternatives actually are so they don't know whether to let me go on living with bad reads or not.

I posted it in the neighbor PT just now though, it feels like a fun way to get value out of my role. That leaves me accountable for doing implausible 180s on my read and also preserves the sheepability of the reads which are the two main drawbacks to "hide your reads to degrade NK quality"

If people stop their excitement for LUV lynch I will bring a case for who is the highest quality lynch into the open.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3004 (isolation #397) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

pk and I have been discussing our reads more in depth in the neighborhood so if we both get investigative roles it might not be optimal to add an {additional} potential scum to the neighborhood. The alternative would be to neighborize Dunnstral or to

@mod: is Neighbor: popsofctown a valid role assignment, or is that similar to momo: psychologist in validity?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3006 (isolation #398) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

2 person neighborhood seems outright stronger than 3 person neighborhood. The gossip is only powerful if it's actually being hidden from scum. I don't really feel like the neighborhood actually helps me sort pisskop and if you added apthet I don't think it would do that much to help me sort her.
There's a special reason the neighborhood "helped me" "read" unwnd in Starry Night :P
There's a risk we don't continue to get offered neighbor roles and that after an NK the neighborhood dwindles to 1 person which is not a neighborhood, but it's a weak power overall so I think it's better to optimize it and risk breaking rather than focus on preserving it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (isolation #399) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3010, Bingle wrote:
In post 3006, popsofctown wrote:There's a risk we don't continue to get offered neighbor roles and that after an NK the neighborhood dwindles to 1 person which is not a neighborhood, but it's a weak power overall so I think it's better to optimize it and risk breaking rather than focus on preserving it.
The reason I wanted to add apthet to the neighborhood is because I tr both you and pk and if apthet is town there's a decent chance of her being nk'd.

My thought is she puts her night action choice into the neighborhood as close as possible to night end and you guys can confirm which invention went where in case she dies, meaning scum can't just hide that they got hero and potentially fuck us or bodyguard and remove all utility from the role.

If we keep getting neighbors, I think giving neighbor to bg is probably a good choice, overall, so they can do the same thing.

I'm also really not concerned with scum listening in on the neighborhood tbh. Like, as just neighbors, your information/conclusions should probably just be shared in the main thread. If we give powerroles to the neighborhood, (and vice versa) they can choose not to share target over night if they think the neighborhood is compromised or even better share target right before daystart.

I'm actually pretty interested in why you are worried about someone joining the neighborhood in the first place, and am going to insist we don't have the neighborhood double up today, because there's potentially a hilarious town coup to be had here if you and pisskop are scum together and the neighborhood would out that. It'd even make up for how garbagey my reads are if that's the case.
Ok fine. I would prefer the mafia shoot pisskop so I could be more sure there is no scums in the neighborhood though. pls mafia.

Also you kind of more or less agreed with my concept, then designed a way to angleshoot around it with claiming near the deadline :S
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”