Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2918, popsofctown wrote:Yeah that's still my stance on LUV. I've seen a couple posts that seem like townLUV and a couple posts that seem like scumLUV this game but I really want to break this game with mechanics even if the scum are outplaying us and one of the ways to do that is to get 2 reads out of the Friendly Neighbor instead of 1.
OK but does town Cheeky = Scum Lil uzi vert ?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2925, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2918, popsofctown wrote:Yeah that's still my stance on LUV. I've seen a couple posts that seem like townLUV and a couple posts that seem like scumLUV this game but I really want to break this game with mechanics even if the scum are outplaying us and one of the ways to do that is to get 2 reads out of the Friendly Neighbor instead of 1.
OK but does town Cheeky = Scum Lil uzi vert ?
The is some % it does since based on LUV's playstyle I suspect he busses much less than rand. And proposing a townslot for d5 IC would be a good play as scum (particularly with RCscum, but also with any scum).

But not in any slamdunk way. If you feel Lil Uzi Vert's scumminess is a -tier- above alternatives I suggest like A50 and Gamma Emerald it is very plausible that your correct stance would be "lynch Lil Uzi Vert anyways" but I read him as scummy but not a tier scummier. probably actually scummier than A50 and GE, just not by a tier
I'm pretty willing to agree to disagree on it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

oh you know what's an important question

i'm pretty sure it's a no though

@callforjudgment, presuming next day's role sheet has a normal queue Vigilante role, would LUV's macho status cause him to be unable to be protected from that vigilante by the scum's factional rolestop?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i think he's gonna say no cause the chrono ruling was based on whether the role was "tagged" as protective or not and i don't think the factional rolestop is "tagged" that way but it's good to ask
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Macho (Passive): Protective roles will fail when used on you.

Wiki entry for rolestopper:

Role type:
Protective
Manipulative
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

That's not the mafiascum normal definition of macho by the way

"Macho is a role modifier that prevents players from being protected from kills in any way. "

That's the normal definition, with the way his macho is worded it implies:
Jailkeeper's can't roleblock him
Rolestopped does nothing on him, even to stop abilities that aren't harmful, like a friendly neighbor
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 2927, popsofctown wrote:
@callforjudgment, presuming next day's role sheet has a normal queue Vigilante role, would LUV's macho status cause him to be unable to be protected from that vigilante by the scum's factional rolestop?
The scum's Rolestop role is not tagged as
Protective
, so it would have no interaction with Macho. If you need to see the exact wording of scum factional abilities, they are available in the sample role PM in post #.

(For what it's worth, the Normal version of Macho interacts with only Doctor and Bodyguard. This game isn't always using Normal definitions, though; if the exact behaviour of a role matters, look up the exact wording or ask me.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2931, callforjudgement wrote:Normal version of Macho interacts with only Doctor and Bodyguard.
Spoiler: Off topic rant
As a rules lawyer I disagree and say it technically interacts with jailkeeper and the like as well because it does not explicitly say that it does not. That is, nowhere in the normal guidelines does it say that it
only
negates the effect from doctor and bodyguard, which is the key word that is missing where that would be true.

By default, the role works for a jailkeeper that is protecting a target, and nothing about the normal guidelines changes that - the role as a whole is considered normal, so... just saying that it negates doctor and bodyguard does not mean that it suddenly stops working for jailkeeper, it reads to me as more of a clarification for newbie mods, and a dangerous one.

There's no doubt that what it says is misleading. There is, also, no doubt in what it says. In my mind, the only argument for jailkeeper not affecting a macho role in a normal game is intent - that is, that it wasn't meant to affect jailkeeper.

For the record, this extends to other roles like babysitter, hider if you're a macho hider for some reason.

Actually, the role is even more confusing than that. "Macho is a role modifier that prevents players from being protected from kills in any way." - what if you roleblock the person performing the kill, does that not count? What if you're a macho commuter?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure people running normal games run it the "right" way - As for me, I'd prefer to run it exactly as the guidelines say it should it be run... which is "Macho is a role modifier that prevents players from being protected from kills in any way. " combined with "It negates the effects of a Doctor or Bodyguard protecting it" - nothing more, nothing less.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2872, Bingle wrote:@LUV/apthet:

Who do you want to lynch/stump?
In post 2778, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Cheeky, Creature, and HH.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you realize that Cheeky was given the friendly neighbor invention?

Also, for all 3, why?
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2872, Bingle wrote:@LUV/apthet:

Who do you want to lynch/stump?
Good question. I feel very paranoid about pops trying to delay the LUV elimination because of Cheeky association. But I am willing to wait and see for a day. And, the fact that Creature is so willing to be stumped... it makes me think he's just town. And I also worry that he stops paying attention to the game after a stump.

I'm still fine stumping Creature, though. I think I wouldn't mind stumping, say, momo. He's already pretty disengaged and that would get rid of paranoia around him. And he has the potential to be helpful for town if he decides to get back into the game. But I think he's also town. Maybe stump AP? Or eliminate AP? I'm also sort of reconsidering Hidden Happiness too. If I had to say, maybe AP as Quitter and Creature as stump.
In post 2913, Dunnstral wrote:I don't have a read on creature

Why would town be fine being treestumped?
But like, why would scum be? That's equivalent to a death for scum.
Is Creature really playing this WIFOM game? That seems not like his personality.
In post 2920, popsofctown wrote:Ok as I have recently discovered her name also changes to Beautiful and Intelligent Scholarship Student Isis.
Beautiful and intelligent popsofctown.
In post 1576, apthet wrote:I will somewhat whimsically guess at a team of Titus / Lil Uzi Vert / popsofctown.
D2's Apthet Guess: Lil Uzi Vert / AP / Hidden Happiness. I am prepared to be egged in the face postgame for my levels of wrong.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 am

Post by apthet »

I considered LUV / AP / pops. But there are a lot of town things that pops is saying (I mean she's not like a near-universal townread for no reason). And she would have had to not used the rolestop or the kill. I think pops was an unexpected Motion Detector choice... yes. I think that points to town there.

But the associations make so much sense!! Weak bussing between AP and pops, and pops / LUV... Maybe AP doesn't make sense with LUV bc of the proposal. It is a little forward. But not out of the question. I think it would be a restrictive policy for scum to decide never to bus in the proposal.

I really need to see a LUV flip, I think.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:34 am

Post by apthet »

Thinking about it, I feel that Cheeky really does have a solid chance to flip scum as well though.
sometimes i want to rest
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 am

Post by pisskop »

cheeks is an ic.

let it be
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2936, apthet wrote:And she would have had to not used the rolestop or the kill. I think pops was an unexpected Motion Detector choice... yes. I think that points to town there.
Scum are multi-acting, so if they surely assigned the same person to do the kill to also rolestop. It's a 1/3rd clear not a 2/3rds clear, + even less than that if I am scum with Gamma Emerald or apthet (who would triple multiact and have fully explained motion).

I'm starting to think a strategy with an X% of sane copping my slot my be worth it. It's kind of more like burning 1 role than 2 because the psychologist is so weak. The tracker could and psych could each agree to like, a 30% chance of investigating me? Some amount of chance of cooperating that makes it difficult to decide whether to rolestop onto me. This game is slowly getting sorted and ICing a slot with no power could actually be really powerful.

There's a beneficial side affect to focusing night behavior towards my slot, Teeky becomes less likely to get roleblocked, and I doubt she was interested in visiting me tonight anyway because she kinda hates me.
"Well, I..."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Bingle »

^bad strat.

First, you’re one of the more readable people based on your dayplay.
Second, if you’re scum you just rolestop yourself and don’t worry about it, meaning we don’t actually catch you. And it makes sense you’d be rolestopped as town BECAUSE of the potential for you to become an IC, so it’s not even a pseudo guilty.

If a tracker/psychiatrist claimed a result on you it would be a decent target, but aiming them remains counter productive.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Jingle why can't you keep all the dreamcrushing in the open queue
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

Also
In post 2884, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 2883, popsofctown wrote:Saying it was hard to read me is why I thought you were Shadoweh. Do you really find me hard to read, Maria? I don't think I've ever been told that.
Yes!
In post 2940, Bingle wrote:First, you’re one of the more readable people based on your dayplay.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Not voting (6): momo, pisskop, apthet, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Creature
These people.
Vote on the proposal
Also vote on Jingle's unofficial votecount where he mods too many games and then tries to play one and then makes a special account for how he's gonna stop modding but then he starts modding this game as a player
I don't think people should explicitly hold off on proposals while the unofficial votecount is running its course, I think the more game tempo the better, especially when we are fighting "arguably scumsided dayplay dynamic" here like in Anyone Can Post
"Well, I..."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Bingle »

^
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 2907, callforjudgement wrote: Night 2 Bulletproof: apthet
Captain: AP
Chronomage: Hidden Happiness
Doublevoter: Bingle
Neighbour: Gamma Emerald
Day 3 Post Restricted: momo
Psychologist: popsofctown
Revisor: CheekyTeeky
Night 3 Compulsive Role Caller: Dunnstral
Even-Night Tracker: pisskop
Treestump: Creature
Compulsive Quitter: Lil Uzi Vert
Id rather stump luv/momo, kill ap/momo, , restrict ap/luv

critter can be captain faic
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: against

bingle dv is kind of meh
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Hidden Happiness »

In post 2937, apthet wrote:Thinking about it, I feel that Cheeky really does have a solid chance to flip scum as well though.
Well it's your fault we can't really lynch CT today so you should have thought about that! :mad: Sending it to my biggest scumread is probably what I would have done too though.

pops you're the most dangerous of all, the kind of person no one WANTS to read as scum because you lighten up the place. ;)
popsofctown wrote:
Not voting (6): momo, pisskop, apthet, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Creature
These people.
Vote on the proposal
Also vote on Jingle's unofficial votecount where he mods too many games and then tries to play one and then makes a special account for how he's gonna stop modding but then he starts modding this game as a player
I don't think people should explicitly hold off on proposals while the unofficial votecount is running its course, I think the more game tempo the better, especially when we are fighting "arguably scumsided dayplay dynamic" here like in Anyone Can Post
Seriously this, I like the pops and Bingle Gameshow more then the average person but we need more of an idea what's actually going to pass here. - Shadoweh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Creature »

So what are all the mechanical info we have rn?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Creature »

I'll try to give this game a shot
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”