Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 517, Iconeum wrote:
In post 514, Oversoul wrote:It’s more than those posts?
Not according to Menalque it's not
I said the initial push was, not the whole thing now
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Menalque »

I felt like you were actively trying to townread me in your wall, icon, rather than reading me and gradually coming to that conclusion

That makes me feel like you're maybe trying to get me off your back as you were close to being in my SRs through PoE
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 504, Iconeum wrote:
In post 17, Egduf wrote:Hi everyone!
I noticed that last game 6 townies died, most of which announced they were going to shoot rather than barricade during the night, let’s try and avoid that mistake.
In post 19, Egduf wrote:6 townies died in the first night I mean.
So, with the exception of the newb tell, we have a player that comes forth with information on why and how town got crushed in a previous run of this game. I'm having trouble seeing the scum motivation for these posts?
I don't really believe in the newbtell as a thing, but the whole thing seemed v LAMIST?

also like, I knew that already about the game and so I was assuming most other people did too, the whole thing of "let's try and avoid that mistake!" pinged me hard

my current read on her isn't just off this tho, but it was enough for me to push there and I don't think the responses (or lack thereof, or other play) has been townie
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Menalque »

I do have trouble with the tone of earnest players tho, I tend to SR for it instinctively
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:50 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

VOTE: hectic
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 519, Most Serene wrote:Hectic calling someone OMGUS voting is beyond fucking scummy when they themselves have directly voted someone with the reason "they're voting me"
Who
did
I accuse of OMGUS voting?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

TD is just as I remember. Sigh
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: TiphaineDeath
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Hectic »

OK, sorry, I should probably stop.

UNVOTE: Vote
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 505, Most Serene wrote:I don't buy Carl's explanation that he was trying to get me to play less pissed off by intentionally pissing me off. I think he wanted to drag a fight out and push my buttons and when he got called out, he apologized.
I didn't intentionally piss you off. I did what I thought at the time I'd have wanted someone to do for me, but I went about it very poorly and made things worse. Fish rightly called me out for it and I apologized. You don't have to like it or accept my apology or even not ro-sham-bo me with guns tonight, but I at least hope you can see that I'm telling the truth here.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

Carl I read your GTAKS. You are a cool person
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 534, Hectic wrote:OK, sorry, I should probably stop.

UNVOTE: Vote
Get your butt back on that wagon
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

Serene get on TD
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Oversoul, if you've played with me before you should know this aint my scum game. I try WAAAAAY harder in those xD.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

All I remember is that you were unfortunately on my PL list for this exact reason :shifty:
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

PL=Anti Town :P

Man, I can do some crazy shit sometimes when there are only a couple of people left but with all the people alive at the beginning of the game my track record for actually doing anything useful is so fucking negative that it honestly just seems better for me to chill the fuck out and do what I can and then maybe win the game later than to try to go all gung-ho and shite. Any time I go balls-to-the-wall as town I seem to be wrong.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Most Serene »

In post 524, Persivul wrote:
Reminder and warning to no one in particular (yet):

3) Be civil and treat other players with respect-attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but insults, personal attacks, and bullying are not allowed. I determine what constitutes a violation. It's not up for debate.
Sorry mod. I'm laid up on the beach now and it's very Tranquilo

Other than the little monsters that kept running past real close and getting sand everywhere.

Look guys I made a project so I can enhance my calm

The universe is expanding every moment on a molecular level which means more walking around room for me
Sleeping on the beach takes seconds, achieving enlightenment takes a lifetime.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 541, TiphaineDeath wrote:PL=Anti Town :P

Man, I can do some crazy shit sometimes when there are only a couple of people left but with all the people alive at the beginning of the game my track record for actually doing anything useful is so fucking negative that it honestly just seems better for me to chill the fuck out and do what I can and then maybe win the game later than to try to go all gung-ho and shite. Any time I go balls-to-the-wall as town I seem to be wrong.
You should do it anyway.

(1) Practice makes perfect, or in this case accurate enough;
(2) It would help us (me, really) read you better. Frankly, I think making yourself clearly townie is more valuable in a lot of places than actually catching mafia, since you deprive mafia of reasonable mislynches to win the game. Mafia can lose all but one teammate and still win if they have enough mislynch targets; but it doesn't matter if the town sucks at catching them if the town is also very good at being clearly townie and depriving them of mislynches.

Your ISO is a bit low on alignment-indicative statements to me so you going balls-to-the-wall would help even if you got the mafia wrong.

p.edit: lol @ the flavor of "Most Serene" aggressively trying to be rid of "Hectic." achieving tranquility, one corpse at a time
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 536, Oversoul wrote:Carl I read your GTAKS. You are a cool person
Glad you liked it. Run over there and ask me something if you want. I had fun writing it out.
GTKAS
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 496, Menalque wrote:Also I think the entire lack of reaction to my push comes more from scum hoping it’ll blow over than from town, especially after I explicitly asked her about it and she ignored it
I like this a lot. I can get on board with it.

VOTE: egduf
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:28 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Look, a player list, I shall use it to create reads, muahahahah!

Delta Klim: Has plan, is town, nuff said.
Hectic: Wierd scum-joke shit needs lynching, with fire. Since we lack both fire and lynching I will accept guns.
Formerfish: Like, everything this man posts feels like fluff. I isoed him and couldn't find ANYTHING worthwhile. Might still be town, but feels wieeeeerd.
Egduf: Could be scum trying to protect Hectic? But the first set of his posts feel REALLY townie to me. This wagon seems dumb and the people on it should feel bad.
Menalque: The intentional rage-inducing irks me, and could be cheeky-scum, but reads kind of as more town to me. Also likely to get shot by Serene so doesn't matter all THAT much.
EspressoPatronum: Kind of gut-town feel here? I don't like the vote on EDGUF but bad-votes does not=scum.
Most Serene: Has felt scum to me all game, but the fact that they are on hectic so hard is concerning. Gonna call Hectic v Serene SvT one way or the other, leaning towards Serene being town for now but I'd rather just see them both shot tonight TBH.
Tet: Post#400 feels townie, but also VERY fluffy and no votes at all. Needs more stuff. Town-lean though.
Oversoul: Doing an actual quick ISO this slot seems SCUMMY AF. Like, burn it the fuck down scum. Might well be with hectic too, or Serene, so hard to associate which is the scum there off this slot, but it feels scum. The vote flops around like a drunk air-breathing fish with about as much explanation or real usefulness to game-state. Super-down to lynch this.
Gandalf: Miiiiight be overplaying the newbie-card? Feels kind of off. Also stopped posting when we stopped poking it. Could well be our third scum here.
TiphaineDeath: It me! I town, fuck off. <3 :D
Iconeum: The speed on 477 feels REALLY off to me. This could be scum. If it is that means hectic is town F-sure but serene is less likely to be scum from the referenced SVT up top because having two scum-players pushing it seems weird to me. Could be scum with Serene though?
Carl Tuckerson: Post#543 is ridiculously townie, and the interactions with Serene already read as pretty town to me, firm-town.

Town Pile:
Carl Tuckerson
Delta Klim
Edguf
Tet(Low-tier)
Tiphaine Death
Serene(Could be scum with icon trying to hard-kill hectic for weird-joke or maybe town? Dunno, probably should put this in the needs more sorting pile but it also is definitely scum or town, not neutral, so it belongs here. Don't judge me it makes sense in my head.)

Scum Pile:
Iconeum
Gandalf
Hectic(Though not with Icon)
Oversoul(No it's not Omgus, shaddup X_X)

Needs more sorting Pile:
Formerfish
Menalque
Espresso Patronum

Hectic or icon being stranded is good and hectic seems easier, gonna keep my vote where it is. Probably going to shoot oversoul tonight though <3.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Delta Klim »

I agree that 477 was a bit too hasty for my liking. I am keeping my vote against Iconeum, albeit for an entirely different reason than the one I made it.

I still have absolutely no read on Formerfish, which is actually starting to become rather annoying.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 484, Gandalf wrote:
In post 483, Egduf wrote:I agree with Carl. I think Hectic’s “scum slip” is the Towniest thing he’s done so far. It’s moved him up to a town read for me. I don’t think Icon’s reaction is scummy though, deliberately playing scummy as Town for a joke is a weird move, and being suspicious of that is fine.
Why is Hectic doing hilarious scumslip comedy to entertain us all, a particularly more townie thing to do than all his other posts - particularly as he does this as part of his playstyle? I cant see how that could have really infuenced your view on him one way or the other?
Because, WIFOM or not, he knows this sort of play draws a lot of negative attention to himself and I don't think he would have made this specific joke as scum. There are ways of messing around without pretending to be scum.

My relative lack of reaction to the waggon is not because I am scum waiting for it all to blow over, it's because I don't think it's founded on a particularly convinsing argument and so ultimately won't go anywhere. I didn't see Menalque specificly ask me about it, even after reading back, but I'll answer any question you had now.

VOTE: Menalque
Gandalf
Gandalf
Townie
Gandalf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Gandalf »

I think Melanque's ISO reads less town than Edguf, and not really following why he is convinced on Egduf as scum? Not saying that necessarily means he's scum though.

As for you TD, you seem like youve suddenly STARTED posting now that a few more people are calling you out on your lack of meangful contribution to date?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”