Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Delta Klim »

In post 549, Gandalf wrote:As for you TD, you seem like youve suddenly STARTED posting now that a few more people are calling you out on your lack of meangful contribution to date?
This is entirely normal, especially in the first few days of a game. Also consider that this game started on a weekend, when some people are less available to post than during the week.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 542, Most Serene wrote:
In post 524, Persivul wrote:
Reminder and warning to no one in particular (yet):

3) Be civil and treat other players with respect-attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but insults, personal attacks, and bullying are not allowed. I determine what constitutes a violation. It's not up for debate.
Sorry mod. I'm laid up on the beach now and it's very Tranquilo

Other than the little monsters that kept running past real close and getting sand everywhere.

Look guys I made a project so I can enhance my calm

The universe is expanding every moment on a molecular level which means more walking around room for me
LOVE: Sandart
HATE: Your vote
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

Another OMGUS, I can't say I am surprised though
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Posting because CT was nice kind and encouraging really, not for any of the rest of you. Nice try though Gandalf, you can slip farther in to my scum-pile now :D
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

The OMGUS is strong with you
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:40 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

OMGUS=Voting someone/thinking they are scummy because they are voting you.

OMGUS does not= Thinking someone is scummy for voting/suspicion-ing for bad reasons. The fact that it's me is irrelevant.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Delta Klim »

Was Hectic's vote for a bad reason or for no reason at all? I'm starting to suspect the latter. When also considering the scumslip, he looks very much like scum.
Gandalf
Gandalf
Townie
Gandalf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Gandalf »

I've reflected on your post a bit more TD, following it all through and looking at subsequent feedback, I think I was possibly over influenced by your initial posts, and didnt read your proper analysis thoroughly enough.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Delta Klim »

VOTE: Hectic
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 556, Delta Klim wrote:Was Hectic's vote for a bad reason or for no reason at all? I'm starting to suspect the latter. When also considering the scumslip, he looks very much like scum.
Which
vote
are you referring to? All of my votes so far
except
for the one on Tet were joke OMGUS votes - I thought they were obvious jokes with the whole "This person has voted for me so now I shall proceed to vote for them."

I know this humour doesn't translate as well over text, and most of you haven't played with me before, so I'll stop pulling these
shenanigans
which are probably just gonna get me lynched.

Serene:
I looked over your wiki (kuribo) and opened
some
random games of yours, and I retract my
suggestion
that your anger may be fake. I will now point my
FINGER OF GENUINENESS
at you.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

egduf, can you talk to me about Gandalf's play here vs the in-person games you two have played together? I asked earlier but it got lost in the shuffle.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 546, TiphaineDeath wrote:Look, a player list, I shall use it to create reads, muahahahah!

Spoiler:
Delta Klim: Has plan, is town, nuff said.
Hectic: Wierd scum-joke shit needs lynching, with fire. Since we lack both fire and lynching I will accept guns.
Formerfish: Like, everything this man posts feels like fluff. I isoed him and couldn't find ANYTHING worthwhile. Might still be town, but feels wieeeeerd.
Egduf: Could be scum trying to protect Hectic? But the first set of his posts feel REALLY townie to me. This wagon seems dumb and the people on it should feel bad.
Menalque: The intentional rage-inducing irks me, and could be cheeky-scum, but reads kind of as more town to me. Also likely to get shot by Serene so doesn't matter all THAT much.
EspressoPatronum: Kind of gut-town feel here? I don't like the vote on EDGUF but bad-votes does not=scum.
Most Serene: Has felt scum to me all game, but the fact that they are on hectic so hard is concerning. Gonna call Hectic v Serene SvT one way or the other, leaning towards Serene being town for now but I'd rather just see them both shot tonight TBH.
Tet: Post#400 feels townie, but also VERY fluffy and no votes at all. Needs more stuff. Town-lean though.
Oversoul: Doing an actual quick ISO this slot seems SCUMMY AF. Like, burn it the fuck down scum. Might well be with hectic too, or Serene, so hard to associate which is the scum there off this slot, but it feels scum. The vote flops around like a drunk air-breathing fish with about as much explanation or real usefulness to game-state. Super-down to lynch this.
Gandalf: Miiiiight be overplaying the newbie-card? Feels kind of off. Also stopped posting when we stopped poking it. Could well be our third scum here.
TiphaineDeath: It me! I town, fuck off. <3 :D
Iconeum: The speed on 477 feels REALLY off to me. This could be scum. If it is that means hectic is town F-sure but serene is less likely to be scum from the referenced SVT up top because having two scum-players pushing it seems weird to me. Could be scum with Serene though?
Carl Tuckerson: Post#543 is ridiculously townie, and the interactions with Serene already read as pretty town to me, firm-town.

Town Pile:
Carl Tuckerson
Delta Klim
Edguf
Tet(Low-tier)
Tiphaine Death
Serene(Could be scum with icon trying to hard-kill hectic for weird-joke or maybe town? Dunno, probably should put this in the needs more sorting pile but it also is definitely scum or town, not neutral, so it belongs here. Don't judge me it makes sense in my head.)

Scum Pile:
Iconeum
Gandalf
Hectic(Though not with Icon)
Oversoul(No it's not Omgus, shaddup X_X)

Needs more sorting Pile:
Formerfish
Menalque
Espresso Patronum

Hectic or icon being stranded is good and hectic seems easier, gonna keep my vote where it is. Probably going to shoot oversoul tonight though <3.
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Added spoiler tag for readability in event of quote tower]

What did you see about Oversoul's posting that clearly jumped out as suspicious to you?
By chance, did you notice that your suspects all revolve around Hectic and people who are sure Hectic is mafia? Does this tell you anything about Hectic's alignment?
Last edited by Persivul on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

FML.
@Mod: if you don't mind can you please convert that to the pop-open spoiler tag instead of the one that doesn't accomplish what I want. TIA and sorry for being a tard.
GTKAS
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 560, Carl Tuckerson wrote:egduf, can you talk to me about Gandalf's play here vs the in-person games you two have played together? I asked earlier but it got lost in the shuffle.
He’s not particularly controversial and tends to go with the flow of town. If he figures something out he’s normally pretty sure of it and has good reasons, I don’t see him flip flop often. He plays more based of reads and interactions than numbers. This is why I thought the dismissal of plan was odd, because he didn’t have any strong reasons for going against what was popular opinion at the time.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 563, Egduf wrote:
In post 560, Carl Tuckerson wrote:egduf, can you talk to me about Gandalf's play here vs the in-person games you two have played together? I asked earlier but it got lost in the shuffle.
He’s not particularly controversial and tends to go with the flow of town. If he figures something out he’s normally pretty sure of it and has good reasons, I don’t see him flip flop often. He plays more based of reads and interactions than numbers. This is why I thought the dismissal of plan was odd, because he didn’t have any strong reasons for going against what was popular opinion at the time.
I see. Is there anything alignment-specific that you can tell me about his behavior?
I ask because I gave him a townread early in the game for being an invested part of the mechanical solve conversation, but I sense he's dropped off quite a bit once we moved to real scumhunting, which bothers me.

Actually I should just ask him. But please do answer as well edfug.
Gandalf, where do you stand on suspects right now? Your recent posts look very noncommittal to me.
GTKAS
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Delta Klim »

He did seem to more readily approve of the plan once it became evident that it was coming from more than just me, albeit a little too slowly for my liking.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

I'm not really worried about reticence to accept the plan, I didn't fully get it myself for a bit and was worried I was missing something. His reaction felt about right to me.
More worried that he's not really
done
anything since. Talking shop about the setup in an unusual format to get some early brownie points and then checking out of the thread is a classic scum play.
GTKAS
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Egduf »

All the things listed in my list post are town specific. I’ve only played two games with him as scum as far as I can remember, one of which he was caught out for pushing a wagon too hard on someone who was later confirmed Town, the second game was a complete mess and I don’t think it’s worth drawing anything from that.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Delta Klim »

I definitely do have a scum leaning on him, but the fact he could be newb!town makes me cautious to strand him, at least for the moment.
Delta Klim
Delta Klim
Townie
Delta Klim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Delta Klim »

Egduf has moved to town in my view ( and are probably not from scum, even if I do not particularly agree with the contents.) I specifically doubt she's scum with Gandalf, at the very least.

Spoiler: Quick reads before dinner
TOWN
Carl
Egduf
TiphaineDeath
Menalque
Serene

NEUTRAL/NULL
Espresso
Formerfish
Oversoul
Tet

SCUM
Iconeum
Gandalf
Hectic
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:01 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

@CT Re: Hectic: It tells me that his flip is very indicative of many others and may help solve the game so him dying is probably good?

@CT Re: Oversoul: The start up posting seems fluffy, the vote on me is random, the vote on hectic is indicative, and then not discussed whatsoever before flipping on to EDFUG, the L-1 post is terrible, either in counting or alignment, one of the two, 394 is the first time icon is brought up, like, at all, and no explanation is given. Could TOTALLY see icon/over as scum together. Vote on EDGUF also never really explained before jumping on me, then some omgus accusations, and where TF did the icon read go? Like, I dunno man, their posting just all feels meh or off.

Mmmm, might be worth stranding oversoul or icon and sorting out hectic based on how that goes come to think of it.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

In fact, let's do this

VOTE: Icon

I think that's probably the best target out of all of 'em.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

I’m gonna be so sad if my hunch is correct :(
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 570, TiphaineDeath wrote:@CT Re: Hectic: It tells me that his flip is very indicative of many others and may help solve the game so him dying is probably good?

@CT Re: Oversoul: The start up posting seems fluffy, the vote on me is random, the vote on hectic is indicative, and then not discussed whatsoever before flipping on to EDFUG, the L-1 post is terrible, either in counting or alignment, one of the two, 394 is the first time icon is brought up, like, at all, and no explanation is given. Could TOTALLY see icon/over as scum together. Vote on EDGUF also never really explained before jumping on me, then some omgus accusations, and where TF did the icon read go? Like, I dunno man, their posting just all feels meh or off.

Mmmm, might be worth stranding oversoul or icon and sorting out hectic based on how that goes come to think of it.
Not the take I expected on Hectic, but a pretty good one honestly. I just plain think Hectic is town so I don't want to do this, but from your standpoint that's a very reasonable solution.
Some of what you're saying makes sense on Oversoul but why do you think the L-1 bit was bad? I thought the way he questioned me about it after I moved my vote was pretty townie. It looked just like a gambit I saw someone do in my last completed game. I see where you're coming from but I liked the way he questioned me for "falling for it."
In post 572, Oversoul wrote:I’m gonna be so sad if my hunch is correct :(
Vagueposting like it's Instagram over here... what's your hunch?
GTKAS
Gandalf
Gandalf
Townie
Gandalf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Gandalf »

Just for a bit of context on the changes in my input. I was at home over the weekend with plenty of time, and a PC. However, im now on a campsite with friends and stuff to do, and working off a tablet. Ive also realised this is a LOT harder than I anticipated in terms of the standard of most players, so Im feeling I need to take a lot more care in forming opinions, as a lot of what I originally thought I can now see is wrong. Im trying more to evaluate what others are saying, rather than just post what i think. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm on board with Deltas plan, now I can see wider support for it, and have had a few days to test it in my head, so retract my earlier posts in relation that (although I think I was right to ask the questions) It did feel wrong, but I did acknowledge I was unsure at the time

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”