Micro 882: Public Cop 9P [Game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Commie Catgirl Coalition »

oversoul's questions make perfect sense from a town perspective and i'm struggling to see why you think theyre specifically "safe" questions scum would ask.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:20 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 67, Commie Catgirl Coalition wrote:gonna be blunt i dont see how any of this is actually productive

can we just have rc/shoshin not interact until they townread each other early on or if later in the day there's still scumreads there resolve it then? i think it's entirely likely shoshin or rc could be scum here but if the day is going to turn into rc/shoshin i'd rather delay that for once i have a handle on everyone else :/

ftr i think this is probably a svt interaction just a very inevitably annoying one that could easily turn -ev
This is all weird

Like on the surface 'hey let's put this off til later' is protown but I feel that there's a specific standoffishness to the fact that it's Me VS Someone Else that wouldn't be present if Katy were town. I think she'd have engaged me about it rather than talking about ~the gamestate~.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 am

When exactly did I say I knew how to read you in like the last two years Katy jw
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 am

I barely know you as a mafia player anymore
That response doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:23 am

I feel like someone should be able to back me up that they've seen scum react to big spats in the same way that Oversoul did, by asking questions that don't directly solve the situation?

Why is this game so fucking weird about me
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

Anyway

VOTE: Oversoul

Katy's response was fine and I was diffident in the scumread in the first place because it felt like the same kind of read I had on Shoshin that I'm not feeling so great about. Most of the "objective" reasoning I didn't actually put much stock in.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 123, RadiantCowbells wrote:Notably I thought none of your responses would be what they were but here we are. Though I do know Katy significantly better than I know you.
This feels like you're trying to underplay how well you know me for when I flip town.
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

In post 126, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think she'd have engaged me about it rather than talking about ~the gamestate~.
you think wrong then? i only would if i thought shoshin was likely town when im not even sure about that. the play from my perspective is to just wait for dunn and schadd to post since the former is a free read and schadd is likely to help me steer the game in a better direction, then once i have a handle on that i look into you/shoshin through poe
RadiantCowbells wrote:I barely know you as a mafia player anymore
That response doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me
you just said that you knew me better than shoshin, i assumed that meant in mafia
RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like someone should be able to back me up that they've seen scum react to big spats in the same way that Oversoul did, by asking questions that don't directly solve the situation?

Why is this game so fucking weird about me
it *happens* but i dont have a reason to feel that that's more likely to me, like i see where he was coming from in terms of when he asked those questions and why
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

uhm wig
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 am

In post 131, Shoshin wrote:This feels like you're trying to underplay how well you know me for when I flip town.
But I'm not voting you. So...
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Shoshin »

You know Katy better than me but can't read Katy, RC? I'm very confused by this.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 134, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 131, Shoshin wrote:This feels like you're trying to underplay how well you know me for when I flip town.
You unvoted me in Fire too, despite planning to lynch or kill me ASAP...
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:28 am

In post 135, Shoshin wrote:You know Katy better than me but can't read Katy, RC? I'm very confused by this.
I know Katy as a person outside of mafia. We play DnD and sometimes Skribbl.io. I used to know them as a mafia player but like a longtime ago.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 129, RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like someone should be able to back me up that they've seen scum react to big spats in the same way that Oversoul did, by asking questions that don't directly solve the situation?
I've seen town do it too so I dunno this seems like a bad reason to vote Oversoul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 am

In post 136, Shoshin wrote:
In post 134, RadiantCowbells wrote:
You unvoted me in Fire too, despite planning to lynch or kill me ASAP...
I unvoted you in Fire because I couldn't handle your AtE.

If I wanted to push and lynch you early this game I wouldn't have been going so far out of my way to talk your language reads wise and I wouldn't have repeatedly prompted you to answer my posts

If I'm scum here I definitely wasn't playing to lynch you.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 123, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oversoul was throwing in questions in a way that was pretty safe and common for scum to do, perpetual gather info mode without taking a meaningful stance. Not lockscum but definitely +scum.

Katyusha simultaneously said that we were SvT (profiteering off of our spat assuming that you are in fact town but also probably bad if you aren't) then told us to stop yelling at each other. Not only that but the stuff that giggles said was about 'reading me correctly' and idk. On a simple level it makes sense as scum trying to have their cake and eat it too by calling us SvT and trying to look Towny for splitting up a TvT but on a deeper level I just don't think that's what Katy would say to me in that situation.

Notably I thought none of your responses would be what they were but here we are. Though I do know Katy significantly better than I know you.
The context in this post seems to refer to knowing Katy better in mafia specifically, not outside of mafia. Like, what's the point of even saying you know Katy better than me if you're not talking about mafia? This feels like you're trying to leave a paper trail to argue you don't know how to read me after you lynch me.

Why shouldn't I be scumreading you here?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 am

In post 138, Shoshin wrote:
In post 129, RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like someone should be able to back me up that they've seen scum react to big spats in the same way that Oversoul did, by asking questions that don't directly solve the situation?
I've seen town do it too so I dunno this seems like a bad reason to vote Oversoul.
Then who should I be voting exactly?

I think that Oversoul's line of questioning is the scummiest thing in the game right now. I think that you and Katy are being weird about me in a way that I'm finding it impossible to stay meaningfully.

I have no fucking clue what you think you're doing right now is what role it would have if I was scum
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am

i dont think i changed much as a mafia player aside from being a lot more jaded about the game in general and flaking more often as a result, i basically only join games because people ask me to and i dont like turning people down

since this is a hydra im probably going to put more effort into sticking around but still, i cant tryhard the way i used to
Shoshin wrote:
right this is what i'm getting at: is there something about the context that makes it more likely scum playing it safe rather than town legitimately just wanting to get those answers? because i dont see it yet

also since someone is inevitably going to ask i said rc/shoshin was only likely svt because i'd assume that if they were as confident as i'm reading them the town one is probably correct - there's nothing about that interaction that really makes it *not* tvt but i'd rather like, just understand the game's baseline which i dont really yet
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am

In post 140, Shoshin wrote:The context in this post seems to refer to knowing Katy better in mafia specifically, not outside of mafia. Like, what's the point of even saying you know Katy better than me if you're not talking about mafia? This feels like you're trying to leave a paper trail to argue you don't know how to read me after you lynch me.
On some level you have to realize if I wanted you dead as scum you'd end up dead, right? And since when do I make excuses for my mislynches as scum before the fact?
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Commie Catgirl Coalition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:34 am

In post 141, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think that you and Katy are being weird about me in a way that I'm finding it impossible to stay meaningfully.
idk i wish there was more i can say to articulate what im feeling, you have every right to be baffled by me saying "svt but let's ignore it" but i really think it's the correct way to approach it right now
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

I don't feel like you're really answering my concern, RC. Why mention that you know Katy better than me in that post? What's the point of that?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Shoshin »

Katy's approach to this reminds me of how town GiF approached some interactions in Fire (i.e. saying it was SvT but leaving it alone until later). So I don't really see what's weird about that, RC?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:39 am

Did you read the post where I said that the 'objective reason' (ie that) wasn't something I actually put a great deal of stock in and was just something I was throwing in to sweeten the pot for people who won't take 'RC reads this as that's as an answer?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 147, RadiantCowbells wrote:Did you read the post where I said that the 'objective reason' (ie that) wasn't something I actually put a great deal of stock in and was just something I was throwing in to sweeten the pot for people who won't take 'RC reads this as that's as an answer?
I don't understand what you're saying here. Please clarify.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:40 am

In post 145, Shoshin wrote:I don't feel like you're really answering my concern, RC. Why mention that you know Katy better than me in that post? What's the point of that?
To make it seem more appealing to you even though a similar argument used against you went awry (presuming that you are in fact town)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”