Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1606, gobbledygook wrote:Like, what happened to your Philammon (Rick Dalton) scum read?

At the end of yesterDay, he was your second strongest scum read behind Thespio. You have completely ignored that slot toDay. Are you still scum reading him, are you not scum reading him? Why haven't you said anything about him, to him, or generally tried to even sort him?
First, THIS is sorting interaction, as opposed to defensiveness.

Second...Rick replaced in, and so far he's pretty obvtown. Do you disagree? Do you think he's a high priority sort at the moment? I think you and your interactions with Drew are much higher priority at this point.
I went through your posts to see what your activity flow has been and it is pretty weird.
Yeah, I talk about activity levels when I'm scum, too. Fact is that other games and real life happen. There's a reason we have long phases and 2-day activity timers here. Sometimes inactivity/catchups works for people's schedules.

VOTE: gobble
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1615, Rick Dalton wrote:I’ve already said I think Gobb/doc is scum.
Do you mean both, or one of? Cause I don't think they're s/s.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I will respond to this later today. I would like time to do that :)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Persivul »

Well fuck, in that case I'm gonna have to make an hourly activity chart on you. :P
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 857, gobbledygook wrote:James, I think that scum benefit more from tunnels. It allows them to have a lot of content without actually doing anything. In my opinion, it also allows scum to act wantonly around claim/hammer time since they can act more brazenly when believing a claim or not. Tunnels are distracting and sap the town of energy, time, and focus.
So you're tunneling me because...you're scum?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:26 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I'm not tunneling on you, nor am I scum. You're misrepping a lot in 1629 and 1625.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1607, gobbledygook wrote: In general, if a wagon has trouble getting to L-1 or L-0 it is because it might be scum not bussing. That was what I was referencing with "guess I was right". The game was stalling so I put you at L-1 so we would at least have new information in your claim to evaluate.
Hold it. You put him at L-1 not because you thought he was scum and should be lynched, but because you wanted to get a claim out of him? So, now we'll likely lose a doc because "we would at least have new information"?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1630, gobbledygook wrote:I'm not tunneling on you,
Actually I agree, as technically tunneling can only be done by town. But, if town, yes, you're tunneling. What else is the activity chart? Is that something you do in general? Who else have you done it for?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:34 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Yes and I would rather lose the doctor to a NK than to a mislynch. I think what I did there is the correct play 100 times over since everyone seemed to give up and just want his death.

Pedit:

This is the first time I've done an activity chart, I wanted something to visualize what I was feeling about you. I've done one other player in this game (not Sakura). I even put a trend line in that one. :P It has deemed that player a lurker, which is very true from looking at the data.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:47 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1633, gobbledygook wrote:Yes and I would rather lose the doctor to a NK than to a mislynch. I think what I did there is the correct play 100 times over since everyone seemed to give up and just want his death.
Except he wouldn't have been in imminent danger of a mislynch
if you hadn't put him at L-1 in the first place
. The wagon might have dissolved, and the presumed doc wouldn't be outed.
This is the first time I've done an activity chart, I wanted something to visualize what I was feeling about you.
And if you're town that's conf bias, aka tunneling. For scum, activity levels are always an easy push. Now that I'm here, you know you don't have that going forward, so you just cast shade by showing...I'm not even sure what you think you're showing, actually. Since you've never done it before, you have no idea if that pattern is scummy in general, or for me in particular. If you had come in and said you'd done the same for my past 10 games, there's a clear difference between my town and scum games, and this is my scum pattern, that might have been something. Or if you had done it for many people over a number of games and found it to generally be a scum pattern, that would be weaker, but still something. But coming in and doing it once, for a player who had previously noted that he had outside issues preventing him from posting as much as he would like? That's scum under pressure trying anything to build a counter wagon to his own.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:05 am

Post by gobbledygook »

It's
Turkey Time
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:11 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Sakura since you asked nicely here is yours

I included the trendline to see how your activity is generally trending. The bulk of your posts come from the end of Day 1 Thespio wagon and your gambit with Fish and Drew.

Spoiler: Sakura Data
July 17 -- 2 posts
July 18 -- 8 posts
July 19 -- 5 posts
July 20 -- 5 posts
July 21 -- 3 posts
July 22 -- 8 posts
July 23 -- 6 posts
July 24 -- 13 posts
July 25 -- 24 posts
July 26 -- 14 posts
July 27 -- 22 posts
July 28 -- 2 posts
July 30 -- 28 posts
July 31 -- 9 posts
Aug 1 -- 2 posts
Aug 2 -- 24 posts
Aug 3 -- 0 posts
Aug 4 -- 3 posts
Aug 5 -- 11 posts
Aug 6 -- 4 posts
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1615, Rick Dalton wrote:I’ve already said I think Gobb/doc is scum.

I still agree with my town block. Persivul can even step back in to sample the party.
You really need to reevaluate this.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:17 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1618, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1586, Skygazer wrote:i'd also like to point out that gobble has acted to remove pressure from drew;

fake-hammer gambit -> oh don't worry you weren't hammered!
i declare intent to try and put some imminent pressure for drew to actually complete their claim w crumbs/their target -> immediate unvote
This might be a thing
You need to reevaluate too.
In post 1619, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1592, gobbledygook wrote:Normally, I would agree that Doctor is a convenient thing for scum to claim, the thing is that scum almost never claim it. I think I was reading a mafia discussion post and a player named Radiant Cowbells made the same assertion (or maybe he refuted, can’t remember), but in Normals at least, Town doctors have been lynched at higher rates than scum fakeclaiming Doctors. Granted, I think the sample size was small (3 town doctors to 1 scum fakeclaiming).
Link the post please
I can't find it, but if I do I will let you know. Honestly my time is better spent elsewhere. You either believe the crumbs or you don't at this point.

Speaking of, Fish, I take it you do not believe the crumbs?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1623, Persivul wrote:You're right, I hadn't been putting much time into this game. I explained why a long time ago. You can check the first two things yourself as the games are now complete. I pay a lot more attention to the game where I'm scum in a difficult lylo, than to a game where I'm town on D1/D2. Also go look at Mini 2091 The Purge. I modded that game. Over a couple days I had: one player urging others to post from a mason thread into game thread; one player posting the HOME TOWN of another player in the game thread; and one player SENDING A PM to another player. It was a shit show and took a lot of my time to straighten out. It's all in the game if you don't believe me.

So, now you think I'm "genuinely interacting and contributing to the game," and you know why that I'm only doing so now.
I will concede that you had other things going on which has affected your activity, but the crux of my original case against you still stands. You are not scumhutning. Heck, your vote on me is purely reactive. You're not being proactive. The only thing you're being proactive is against me and that is very survivalistic. You have barely gone outside of interacting with me since your other distractions have calmed down. Who are your scum reads outside of me?
In post 1625, Persivul wrote:Second...Rick replaced in, and so far he's pretty obvtown. Do you disagree? Do you think he's a high priority sort at the moment? I think you and your interactions with Drew are much higher priority at this point.
I do disagree that he is being "obvtown". I think he is being town, but calling it "obvtown" is a stretch. Again, if that really was the case, why not say something about him? Say anything about him at all? The only interaction with him that you have for the entirety of toDay is two joke posts that do nothing to imply you think he is obvtown. What makes you say that Rick is obvtown? Would you say that Sakura is obvtown?
In post 1625, Persivul wrote:Yeah, I talk about activity levels when I'm scum, too. Fact is that other games and real life happen. There's a reason we have long phases and 2-day activity timers here. Sometimes inactivity/catchups works for people's schedules.

VOTE: gobble
Activity is one of the reasons that I am suspecting you. If you notice, in my original case against you in I do not use the word activity once. What I said still applies just because you're sheeping other people. Sheeping by definition is essentially not attempting to sort.
In post 1634, Persivul wrote:Except he wouldn't have been in imminent danger of a mislynch if you hadn't put him at L-1 in the first place. The wagon might have dissolved, and the presumed doc wouldn't be outed.
I disagree with this completely. This day was stalling. It was a week to deadline and pretty much everyone in the game stopped trying. Which is a real shame. I put him at L-1 because I feared that his wagon stalling meant scum was not bussing. At the very least, I thought, we would get his claim and could evaluate it from there. The fact that he is outted I think saves the town a lot of heartache. Do you disagree that it is better to mislynch a doctor than it is for a doctor to get nightkilled?
In post 1634, Persivul wrote:And if you're town that's conf bias, aka tunneling. For scum, activity levels are always an easy push. Now that I'm here, you know you don't have that going forward, so you just cast shade by showing...I'm not even sure what you think you're showing, actually. Since you've never done it before, you have no idea if that pattern is scummy in general, or for me in particular. If you had come in and said you'd done the same for my past 10 games, there's a clear difference between my town and scum games, and this is my scum pattern, that might have been something. Or if you had done it for many people over a number of games and found it to generally be a scum pattern, that would be weaker, but still something. But coming in and doing it once, for a player who had previously noted that he had outside issues preventing him from posting as much as he would like? That's scum under pressure trying anything to build a counter wagon to his own.
You're latching on to this activity thing, but like I said, you're not trying to parse this game. I've said that from the beginning. The activity thing was just another thing that I noted when I looked deeper into your play. The fact that you are latching onto the activity is interesting to me. I think you're going hard at this angle when it wasn't a core component of my original read because you think you can easily refute it.

I don't know what type of time you think I have to go through your games and make a chart for each one, but I do not have that time. If your wiki was updated, maybe, but it isn't, so I would waste even more time trying to find games you've played in. I might be able to do it over 2-3 real life nights, but I'm not even sure you're going to give me that much time.

That said, you acknowledge that if I did this across games to get a general pattern, you could believe in it, so you
do
think there is merit to activity. Do you disagree with this statement: Scum are more likely to be less active. If so, why?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I also ask to not be lolhammered before I claim.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Makes me happy with my vote.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:43 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Quite frankly Sakura, you suck.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:43 am

Post by gobbledygook »

At mafia the game
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1643, gobbledygook wrote:At mafia the game
why did you feel the need to clarify “the game”?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1638, gobbledygook wrote:Speaking of, Fish, I take it you do not believe the crumbs?
No. I think crumbing is stupid, unless you're a hider.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1644, Chemist1422 wrote:
Cause he knows she's town and just slipped.

VOTE: Gob
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Formerfish »

That's l-1 btw
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:50 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Please someone unvote. I will claim at L-2 but I am at work
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1644, Chemist1422 wrote:
I didn’t want her to take it as me saying she’s a person that sucks but a player that sucks.

Return to “Completed Open Games”