For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 3.09itlepip (3): Gamma Emerald, Dr Easy Bake, Chemist1422
Dr Easy Bake (3): itlepip, Ausuka, RCEnigma
Menalque (2): Flavor Leaf, Alchemist21

Not Voting (5): MariaR, Something_Smart, Menalque, Pink Ball, Jibril

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to reach a lynch. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2019-08-14 18:15:00).
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I feel like we’ve reached the speed run point of today but there’s no consensus on who to speedrun
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Skygazer »

Gamma Emerald has been prodded.

Dr Easy Bake is on V/LA, I'll prod him tomorrow.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

hi i'm here to play some mafia

first thought here is something like 'mafia are happy with this gamestate and aren't worried' but i don't really know what that means

idk maybe i'm clearing jibril too easily or something?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

we don't have maria's full claim but like

2 shot doc + x
2 shot doc + 2 shot rb
2 shot rb + attack / vig thingy

is there any reason this can't be all-town? something i'd keep in mind regarding this is that if sky is adhering to the basic fundamentals of pokemon moves, as she appears to be, her options are pretty limited. i don't think paralysis or sleep can really be anything other than a roleblock. in a similar way healing moves can only really be doctor abilities. (as a sidenote i thought i might as well mention that my doc ability is slightly abnormal in that it also restores my target to max HP. i don't have any shots left and presumably nobody targeted RCE so I wouldn't imagine it has any affect at this point, but i imagine some mafia member has a doc and as such it could be useful information.)

the push that there absolutely
has
to be scum in this group makes me pretty uncomfortable because i don't think there has to be, i haven't really seen any point why there should be other than 'this seems wrong' which isn't a good reason, like at all, and it seems like there is more consensus behind this push than there should be.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

for context on why i'm suddenly worried about jibril i skimmed the large theme 'roll call' that ended recently and saw this:
In post 3304, popsofctown wrote:Oversoul's fake townspew is gdlk.

He also fooled MariaR in Starry Night.
if oversoul, as scum, has a history of making convincing replacements, that makes me a lot less confident in my townread on him and jibril as a result.

i'm tempted to just townread the claim but then this is a skygazer game so i can't really say with any confidence she wouldn't add a scum recruiter.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

i mean jibril's iso is basically just "dgb and kuribo scumread mariar", a hammer on avengers without any prior mention of them, and saying that because scum could set sunny day itle must be scum for having a role that uses the sun, which honestly seems more like baseless speculation than anything else? and saying there's scum in the claims. no reasons are given for anything. there's nothing to townread really in there.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 am

Post by itlepip »

Wait Oversoul can do that sort of post as scum, that's insane.

So the question is, are DGB and kuribo actually watching the game with scum, or did Oversoul make that up?
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

i think it's very likely to be a real claim regardless of jibril's alignment; the role was created by northsidegal in The Newsroom, here. Skygazer had the role of recruiter in this game and seemed to find it interesting; I would certainly buy that she'd include it in this game, and if the slot is lying about their role it kind of came out of absolutely nowhere.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Idk why people are trying to setup spec and HP mechanic game like it’s a normal theme game. Drastically different
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I want the rest of the playerlist to actually play the game.

@Chemist start doing something or I'll get you lynched like I always do.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Ausuka »

ausuka attempts to read oversoul seems scum-indicative. i'm not sure i buy the train of thought here; i mean, 'role fishing' about neighbourhoods? really? and i think fl's posting about running the hated players up to l-1 was really jokey and he gives no reason why the joke explanation given was a lie; i think this reasoning is pretty weak. perhaps that's to be expected at this point, but he phrased his read as being 'incredibly suspicious' of FL which I just don't believe.

he posts a lot earlygame but it's not too substantial; he pushes Maria and DEB as scum but doesn't throw out much to support it. he just agrees with Chemist and pushes DEB for what amounts to playstyle essentially.

is a pretty odd associative. i'd ask him for reasons behind this but, like, he replaced out :P

he's just kind of throwing out accusations mid-d1; gamma is scum, SS is scum, PB is scum, there's not much to support any of this.

i remember finding really odd upon first reading the thread and honestly i feel that even more strongly now. he figures out i'm faking my push on FL, but instead of, like, scumreading me for it, or at least questioning on some level if i'm scum making a fake push, he IMMEDIATELY jumps to the conclusion that i'm just pushing FL because he asked me to. and while he's correct, there's no reason to actually believe it at this time. and it's not because he's townreading me strongly; in fact he goes on to say me pushing FL because he asked me to is scummy. to me this seems like TMI; he doesn't consider I'm scum faking a push on FL because he already knows that isn't the case.

is the original post i locktowned him for; on review I'm not so sure anything there is worth townreading. the gambit read town at first but now i think that it's AT LEAST as odd to fakeclaim SK as town than to fakeclaim SK as scum.

tl;dr jibril might be scum after all and i think she is? this might be confbias but i went into oversoul's ISO expecting a confusing mess but found nothing worth townreading and a few points worth scumreading. but idk someone help me out here :o
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 3410, Pink Ball wrote:I want the rest of the playerlist to actually play the game.

@Chemist start doing something or I'll get you lynched like I always do.
>implying I’m not the one getting myself lynched by being useless

Anyway
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3175, Skygazer wrote:
VC 3.05 (unchanged)itlepip (4): Menalque, Gamma Emerald, Dr Easy Bake, Jibril
Menalque (4): Flavor Leaf, RCEnigma, Alchemist21, Ausuka
Dr Easy Bake (2): itlepip, Something_Smart

Not Voting (3): Pink Ball, Chemist1422, MariaR

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to reach a lynch. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2019-08-14 18:15:00).
In post 3176, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: itlepip

L-2

not gonna be here again tonight but itle isn’t towny and their push on DEB was meh
hi Chemist let's talk about this! what about itle's push on DEB didn't you like, and what about the other wagon candidates did you find towny?

on a sidenote I just checked this VC and, uh, itle's wagon composition is awful? I think that slot is just town?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1442, itlepip wrote:Debbie, you have posted one read, and literally everything else you have done has been prodging by way of gif. Can you please actually play the game?
In post 1460, itlepip wrote:The argument isn't that DEB should live, (cause he shouldn't). But we are in a setup with a lot of vigges (we think), so its better to use it on that slot and pressure a slot that is actually playing that you can make reads off of/ is paying enough attention to claim if they need to.
In post 1473, itlepip wrote:Katyusha, if you read the VT role pm it is basically a vig. I think its reasonably safe to assume DEB will die in the night.
In post 1683, itlepip wrote:VOTE: DEB
In post 1687, itlepip wrote:If someone attacks DEB, and then claims it, I won't vote them until lylo. I don't understand why you join a game if you literally have no intention of playing it.

meh, I'd rather lynch you here, but will probably go back to flippy so that we don't nl
Sorry my internet died for a couple minutes there

This is the start of their push on DEB, it jumps from advising them to be vigged to a rolefish attempt while pushing them to be lynched and it’s just kinda bleh
GTKAS

Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 3069, itlepip wrote:Oh, I 100% don't blame you for that, my votes this game have been hot garbage. Pretty sure I stopped a d1 lynch on Avengers to lynch flippy cause I thought Skitt was super town... at least I've had consistently bad reads.

Also no worries, Menalque got under my skin way earlier in the game, you thinking I'm scum is always frustrating cause the point of the game is to not be scumread but I can't say I blame you.
Also this is semi-unrelated but they’re kinda casing themselves here
GTKAS

itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:51 am

Post by itlepip »

Okay a). Those quotes are me being frustated DEB wasn't playing. People didn't like me being sad DEB wasn't vigged, but it clearly wasn't an actual scumread until today.

B). Those are things that happened in the game, there is no point in lying about them. It's only casing if you think those things happen more often from scumme than townme. Like we can talk about scum strategy and how good protecting your partners are etc, but pointing out that I misread avengers pretty badly is unobjectable.
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 2215, itlepip wrote:
Really sad DEB survived the night, there literally is no reason to think that slot is town.
Gamma is still almost certainly scum. My other scum reads are kinda all over the place right now, though I think my town reads are generally similar. Also have a decent to large project right now so probably won't be posting for a little bit.

ALSO, Star lord being powerful but immature is literally his defining characteristic, like its what the second movie was about. They built the plot around the characters, at least in that instance (Dr.Strange stopped having a character in that film).

VOTE: Gamma
So there’s this

And for B, I’m not saying it is or isn’t, I’m still somewhat undecided, just thought I’d bring it up
GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3414, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 1442, itlepip wrote:Debbie, you have posted one read, and literally everything else you have done has been prodging by way of gif. Can you please actually play the game?
In post 1460, itlepip wrote:The argument isn't that DEB should live, (cause he shouldn't). But we are in a setup with a lot of vigges (we think), so its better to use it on that slot and pressure a slot that is actually playing that you can make reads off of/ is paying enough attention to claim if they need to.
In post 1473, itlepip wrote:Katyusha, if you read the VT role pm it is basically a vig. I think its reasonably safe to assume DEB will die in the night.
In post 1687, itlepip wrote:If someone attacks DEB, and then claims it, I won't vote them until lylo. I don't understand why you join a game if you literally have no intention of playing it.

meh, I'd rather lynch you here, but will probably go back to flippy so that we don't nl

This is the start of their push on DEB, it jumps from advising them to be vigged to a rolefish attempt while pushing them to be lynched and it’s just kinda bleh
is there anything wrong with advising Deb to be vigged? i mean, i did the same thing, and i think it makes perfect sense.

i don't really see the rolefish attempt here.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 3418, Ausuka wrote:

is there anything wrong with advising Deb to be vigged? i mean, i did the same thing, and i think it makes perfect sense.

There’s nothing wrong with it, but there’s a lack of consistency between them wanting DEB to be vigged and their vote there

And the rolefish is asking for a vig to claim to keep their vote off DEB
GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3419, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 3418, Ausuka wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with it, but there’s a lack of consistency between them wanting DEB to be vigged and their vote there

And the rolefish is asking for a vig to claim to keep their vote off DEB
I think there's a general "i want deb dead" thread there. I also don't think this is the sort of consistency that's particularly hard to fake if that makes sense - I think if itle was scum and thought it wasn't reasonable to push someone for both a lynch and a vig, it would be easy to avoid doing that, and I don't think there's any sort of scum motivation in there?

Re: rolefishing: pretty sure if you pick a random player in the game there's a very high chance they'll have an attacking ability. I don't see why itle would go out of his way to establish that a townie can attack?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

With regards to scum motivation, the DEB push got stronger on the day Avengers was lynched so I think the potential motivation could be to divert the lynch off a buddy

I dunno I think you’re making a lot of sense but I don’t think you’re right

Does that mean I’m in denial?
GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

The scum motivation point was regarding itle's pushing of both lynching and vigging, which was your point against him. I don't really get what you're talking about with pushing Deb on d2 tbh; I don't think it's related to what you were saying before, and itle was voteparking on Gamma d2. Itle wasn't the only one not to push Avengers d2. For example, Menalque was pushing for Maria's lynch instead; what makes Itle distracting from an Avengers lynch but him not?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 3422, Ausuka wrote:The scum motivation point was regarding itle's pushing of both lynching and vigging, which was your point against him. I don't really get what you're talking about with pushing Deb on d2 tbh; I don't think it's related to what you were saying before, and itle was voteparking on Gamma d2. Itle wasn't the only one not to push Avengers d2. For example, Menalque was pushing for Maria's lynch instead; what makes Itle distracting from an Avengers lynch but him not?
stop it get that logic away from me

UNVOTE:
GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3421, Chemist1422 wrote:I dunno I think you’re making a lot of sense but I don’t think you’re right
idk I guess it depends on why you don't think I'm right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”