GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, I hate talking to scum, but this will be worth it if I stop even one instance of this stupid argument showing up on MafiaScum.

What is the point of voting if we're not going to lynch someone? If there's some gentleman's agreement that "well we can't possibly lynch before at least 168 hours have passed" then every vote in those 168 hours is just pointless posturing. Scum can do whatever they want in that time, because there's no pressure. They can do whatever wagons, make whatever posts, content in the knowledge that no buddy will ever be lynched, nor will they. What is the point of giving scum time because they're begging for it? Is the idea "well, it doesn't matter how scummy I've been posting, disregard all those posts because I'm about to make a sudden effort to look really town". Does anyone here think that allowing that to happen, wiping away all of someone's post history so they can make a huge effort to look really town, is going to
improve
town's win percentage? That somehow letting everyone mulligan and get a second chance to give you a better impression should wipe away all the things they've done?

No, Menalique. If you manage to post something useful, you've posted something useful. If you happen to get hammered, oh well. You know what's going to happen to the person who hammered you if you flip town? Fucking nothing. You'v been, eh, lets just quote: "so I've been shitposting? just because I'm present doesn't mean I'm scum hunting but just cause I'm not scum hunting doesn't mean I'm scum". So they'll have hammered a shitposter who isn't motivated to do anything and claims not to have been seriously scumhunting. What a loss for us if you happen to be town. And if you happen to be scum? Well, that's some fucking bennies right there.

So you want to know what's going to happen? You're going to sit here and wonder if you'll get hammered.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Menalque »

okay greyICE have fun with those misreps hey
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

GI makes a fair point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 425, GreyICE wrote:What is the point of voting if we're not going to lynch someone?
If there's some gentleman's agreement that "well we can't possibly lynch before at least 168 hours have passed" then every vote in those 168 hours is just pointless posturing.
Scum can do whatever they want in that time, because there's no pressure. They can do whatever wagons, make whatever posts, content in the knowledge that no buddy will ever be lynched, nor will they. What is the point of giving scum time because they're begging for it? Is the idea "well, it doesn't matter how scummy I've been posting, disregard all those posts because I'm about to make a sudden effort to look really town". Does anyone here think that allowing that to happen, wiping away all of someone's post history so they can make a huge effort to look really town, is going to
improve
town's win percentage? That somehow letting everyone mulligan and get a second chance to give you a better impression should wipe away all the things they've done?
I never said this nor did I imply it

but like I said, go ahead and misrep as much as you want
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think that was meant to be an example.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 425, GreyICE wrote:So they'll have hammered a shitposter
who isn't motivated to do anything
and claims not to have been seriously scumhunting. .
oh, also just a straight up lie in the mix too, that's groovy
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Menalque »

like exactly what I sad was GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK WHILE I GET BACK ON TOP OF SHIT

what I'm saying is that in THIS SPECIFIC CASE it makes sense to wait on hammer, and to treat hammer as scummy. I've given reasons for that. You're just making some bullshit assertions about me being scum, thrown in with some misreps and lies

and how does that scream no motivation? sorry that I have a fucking life happening at the same time as this mafia game. I've made it clear that I'll get to the game once I have time.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 430, Menalque wrote:
In post 425, GreyICE wrote:So they'll have hammered a shitposter
who isn't motivated to do anything
and claims not to have been seriously scumhunting. .
oh, also just a straight up lie in the mix too, that's groovy
Oh okay, lets run on lynch all liars. If someone reads the below, and thinks that there is no way that anyone could get from it "Menalque is not motivated" then vote me!

If, on the other hand, you think that "Menalque is saying he's not motivated to play well" is a fair interpretation of the below, hammer his sorry ass.
In post 420, Menalque wrote:so I've been shitposting? just because I'm present doesn't mean I'm scum hunting but just cause I'm not scum hunting doesn't mean I'm scum

sometimes it takes me a while to gear up before I get motivated to trawl bc I find it easier to read through once things are established rather than as they're unfolding

look at my purge game -- shitposted and semi-SR egduf for most of D1 only to go back through and catch icon!scum from the reread
And I'll laugh all the way to the bank as we kill this useless scumfuck.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 427, Gamma Emerald wrote:GI makes a fair point
He makes a great point
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 431, Menalque wrote:like exactly what I sad was GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK WHILE I GET BACK ON TOP OF SHIT

what I'm saying is that in THIS SPECIFIC CASE it makes sense to wait on hammer, and to treat hammer as scummy. I've given reasons for that. You're just making some bullshit assertions about me being scum, thrown in with some misreps and lies

and how does that scream no motivation? sorry that I have a fucking life happening at the same time as this mafia game. I've made it clear that I'll get to the game once I have time.
You seem to have plenty of time to defend yourself.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Baezu »

I don’t like the fact that LUV still has not answered gamma’s question

VOTE: LUV
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am

Post by cyrus62 »

I'm honestly not getting on the current menalque wagon at the risk of how i look for not doing so. if he is town then yes i bet their is scum on the wagon if he is scum then look off the wagon like i said I'm taking the risk . but from what i see aside from white knighting shit posting and lack of scum hunting.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am

Post by cyrus62 »

he may or may not be town i cant be to sure damn it i cant even remember how to tie my shoes can some one help?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:32 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 436, cyrus62 wrote:I'm honestly not getting on the current menalque wagon at the risk of how i look for not doing so. if he is town then yes i bet their is scum on the wagon if he is scum then look off the wagon like i said I'm taking the risk . but from what i see aside from white knighting shit posting and lack of scum hunting.
This is honestly a town slip from Cyrus :lol: (and yes, I know how paradoxical this is, but last time I saw basically exactly this I thought it was a scum slip.

Can someone outline the case on LUV?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Like I've been having some existentialism lately that I have no idea what is even scummy anymore.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 434, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 431, Menalque wrote:like exactly what I sad was GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK WHILE I GET BACK ON TOP OF SHIT

You seem to have plenty of time to defend yourself.
Skimming new posts to try and not fall completely behind/hammering out a couple of posts to try and delay/avoid a mislynch doesn’t take a lot of time

Going back and reading through >400 posts while trying to parse who’s actually scum from who’s just scummy does take time and is a lot of effort
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 438, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 436, cyrus62 wrote:I'm honestly not getting on the current menalque wagon at the risk of how i look for not doing so. if he is town then yes i bet their is scum on the wagon if he is scum then look off the wagon like i said I'm taking the risk . but from what i see aside from white knighting shit posting and lack of scum hunting.
This is honestly a town slip from Cyrus :lol: (and yes, I know how paradoxical this is, but last time I saw basically exactly this I thought it was a scum slip.

Can someone outline the case on LUV?
There is none.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 435, Baezu wrote:I don’t like the fact that LUV still has not answered gamma’s question

VOTE: LUV
He actually did, I just missed it and then saw that it happened in a later post
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

"Ah iz" town amnesiac, bitches!

Now the question is: who da hell are y'all?

Ah also have some questions 'bout the game, like who da hell is this president that "can't be killed at night"? Is that just flavor or is it a player here? Cuz I don't see no Walter Sinclair on the players list, so it should have gone without saying that they could not be killed anyway!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, shit! momo hasn't posted yet. I'll keep quiet for now, but I "should" be Jackal's replacement

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 365, Karnage wrote:
In post 351, mastina wrote:I find it no coincidence that two players who previously didn't bat an eye at me. AFTER I expressed a scumread on them. Suddenly are advocating that I should be lynched and my reads ignored. In fact, I am pretty sure that there's even a scumtell named for this tendency. What could it POSSIBLY be?
Not saying your reads should be ignored but I do think you should be lynched at some point. If our roles were reversed, would you want to keep a 3p with an unknown win condition around until endgame?
Considering that I am literally the strongest proponent of being pro third party? Of not fucking them over? Of working with them? To the point where, twice, scum have claimed 3p to take advantage of me when they knew this fact about me, yet in spite of this experience my stance remains unshaken?

Absolutely, yes. I would let them live. Specifically because I know that if the situations were reversed and I the third party, I'd be fucking pissed that I tried to help the town and their response was lynching me.

If you were the third party, wouldn't you WANT the town to work with you so that you could both win?
Since games like this, where I am the third party happen, as town I am incredibly sympathetic to third parties. Heck, I'm even a proponent of letting serial killers who agree to be leashed the chance to live. Specifically because as a serial killer, I myself would accept being leashed.

"Treat others as you want to be treated", basically. So absolutely, yes. Our roles reversed, I'd let you live.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 379, cyrus62 wrote:@mastina can you e state your case on Menalque
When not phoneposting, sure. Doesn't take much, just quoting a third of my iso along with quoting a few roster/GreyIce posts.

In the mean time: if you iso me, you get 80% of the case/ triple iso me, Grey, and roster, and you get 100% of the case. The former would take very little time since my iso is quite short. The latter, while more thorough, I can understand why you'd hesitate tho.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 387, GreyICE wrote:okay i have a confession im not sure how much i believe in a wagon with karnage, mastina, and doctor drew on it.
and it does appear that jackal is flaking out based on his last post so yeah luvs vote is meh.
while luv wagon has gamma, fonz... and menalque bringing the most survivalistic vote ive seen in a while. while raw survivalism isn't necessarily scum its pretty fucking scummy the way he did it.

pope gamma, does your holiness think that luv is really the play over menalque here?
I mean. I am convinced that between Ksrnage/Drew/Menalque, there's at least one scum and probably is two.

If Menalque is scum, then either scum bussed or more likely there's scum elsewhere.
If Menalque is town, game's solved; scumteam is Drew+Karnage.

It's for that reason that I think that the lynch is the best: NOT ONLY is it incredibly likely a scum lynch, BUT ALSO, REGARDLESS of the flip, we get a shitload of valuable information.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 445, mastina wrote:Considering that I am literally the strongest proponent of being pro third party? Of not fucking them over? Of working with them? To the point where, twice, scum have claimed 3p to take advantage of me when they knew this fact about me, yet in spite of this experience my stance remains unshaken?
Oh goodie, self-meta from a claimed third party.

You are aware that if you really are third party who doesn't know their win condition there is a good chance you are a serial killer, survivor, lyncher, jester, or other anti-town annoyance that helps out the scumteam. And of course there is a wonderful case where the third party is just scum looking for a cheap claim. Third parties exist to test for vigilantes, and to otherwise lynch.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Karnage »

In post 447, mastina wrote:I mean. I am convinced that between Ksrnage/Drew/Menalque, there's at least one scum and probably is two.

If Menalque is scum, then either scum bussed or more likely there's scum elsewhere.
If Menalque is town, game's solved; scumteam is Drew+Karnage.

It's for that reason that I think that the lynch is the best: NOT ONLY is it incredibly likely a scum lynch, BUT ALSO, REGARDLESS of the flip, we get a shitload of valuable information.
"then either scum bussed or more likely there's scum elsewhere." way to go out on a limb lol

Do you KNOW there are only 2 scum or are you making an assumption based on the number of players in the game?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”