The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 469, Gamma Emerald wrote:Baezu has been meh, not a fan of the seeming lack of activity. But this post interests me.
In post 286, Baezu wrote:Ya I guess she prob is third party but she’s been playing very Townie...

Also I think when Menalque is scum he writes up long posts analyzing everything so this is probably Town him
What games give you this impression? I'm honestly inclined to say your meta on Mena is accurate fyi.
Thanks. My concern is essentially that I had a gut vibe Baezu was playing in a pretty lackluster and ineffectual way since the wagon died, but now I've got time to look over properly, she's been lackluster all game. I'm still townreading her off the possible townslip i think.
In post 503, Menalque wrote:So the game isn’t bastard but no one pointed out that mastina being lynchproof isn’t connected to her claim, that’s weird
The mod posted that she had been RANDOMLY selected to be lynchproof. Maybe the mod is playing semantics: ie she was randomly selected to get the role which is Lynchproof day one. But in a game where people have lost their memories, really not that weird.
In post 507, Almost50 wrote:
In post 31, cyrus62 wrote:as to not lynch are hero on day1 by mistake but maybe the guy that cant be lynch today is are hero.
Do we know we have a Hero (as in.. the role in the wiki?). I went back to reread my role PM and it doesn't mention anything about there being a Hero. It's just the standard town PM as the mod posted it on the front page.
I don't think cyrus means Hero as in the specific role. I think he's assuming it was a vig shot and doing the whole "Congratulating the Doc" thing. It's part of why I initially voted him as the 'scumtell' may have some validity in someone that newbish (the other reasons being the potential rolefishing I mention at the time and saying voting is dangerous, all of which are antitown enough for a really early nonrandom vote).
In post 517, Gamma Emerald wrote: More like I think scum checks the PT first, which if entrance isn't confirmed doesn't seem possible
Essentially A50 was flying to free to be scum
Is the meta now for mods to send scum PT links separately to the role pm? In A50's third post, he implied he had received his role pm.

Re: A50's theory. I have a couple reservations:

1) Cyrus might not be bright enough to breadcrumb like that
2) Menalque says this once, and "Oh I can barely remember my own name lol" seems like the kind of jokey brush-off someone might make to an apparent rolefish, or just a joke (Like, regardless of alignments, I'd probably have made it odds-on someone makes that joke at some point in a game with this flavor).

However:
In post 40, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 36, rosterfoster wrote:VOTE: Cyrus

You can be my hero baby <3
roster how do we know you good? where were you last night do you remember . because i can only remember my name .
Here, Cyrus is asking us to ask where he was last night: an in-game question. Juxtapose this with "I can only remember my name." This is implying Cyrus knows his
in-game
name.
In post 362, cyrus62 wrote: now a little wouldnt it be funny if the cop and doctor didnt know they were pr lol. :lol: i mean i have no idea who i am right now besides my name .
Again, this implies that the potential doctor and cop might not know their roles, but Cyrus does know his name. This just doesn't read like Cyrus knowing his mafiascum username.

Bottom line: I'm not convinced of A50's breadcrumb theory. But Cyrus is definitely suggesting he knows his rolename. I
can
actually buy that Cyrus is enough of a VI to have not read the town role PM in the opening page as scum. After all, I'm theorising that Baezu missed it, and I think Cyrus is even less competent than Baezu. So he could have read his role pm which has a name, and not realised townies didn't have one.

UNVOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
VOTE: Cyrus62

I pretty strongly prefer Cyrus to Menalque if we're going to lynch off this tell. It just seems much more blatant in Cyrus' case, and more Occam's razor friendly (ie, if A50 is right they're both scum and it doesn't matter which order we lynch in, but I think there's a distinct possibility that Menalque was just joking while Cyrus actually scumslipped, so if only one of them is scum I think it's more likely to be Cyrus).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 626, The Fonz wrote:Is the meta now for mods to send scum PT links separately to the role pm? In A50's third post, he implied he had received his role pm.
The issue is, would he have had access to the PT? You have to give players permission to access PTs they are in.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 627, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 626, The Fonz wrote:Is the meta now for mods to send scum PT links separately to the role pm? In A50's third post, he implied he had received his role pm.
The issue is, would he have had access to the PT? You have to give players permission to access PTs they are in.
Ah, OK.

What do you think about the more pressing issue of whether to lynch menalque or Cyrus?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like Menalque might be a better lynch but we should be lynching cyrus if we think that was a scumclaim
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 629, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Menalque might be a better lynch but we should be lynching cyrus if we think that was a scumclaim
Cool. How likely do you think it is that that is a scumclaim? Or to pin this down:

1) Do you think A50 is correct that some kind of scum breadcrumbing happened involving both Cyrus and Menalque?
2) If no to part one, do you think that Cyrus' repeated claims to know his name could plausibly be him referring to his mafiascum username?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd say yes to (1) but to also answer number 2 I don't think it's as he says it is
<Embrace The Void>

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 631, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'd say yes to (1) but to also answer number 2 I don't think it's as he says it is
OK. So you think Cyrus is scum either way?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Pretty much?
VOTE: cyrus
<Embrace The Void>

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:52 am

Post by cyrus62 »

as i said before i have no flavor name it was me trying to see what others had to say others made a commet to this as well . when i was asking roster about it i wanted to know . how roster was good . the only name i know is cyus62v which we all know
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i didnt mean to add the v i typed to fast
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 634, cyrus62 wrote:as i said before i have no flavor name it was me trying to see what others had to say others made a commet to this as well . when i was asking roster about it i wanted to know . how roster was good . the only name i know is cyus62v which we all know
I don't give a shit what others have had to say. I don't believe you. Why the hell would you say
i have no idea who i am right now besides my name
if you did not in fact, know your name? That makes no sense. You're caught, scum.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 am

Post by cyrus62 »

dont we all know are name
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

If you truthfully believe that Mastina was selected at random, you can't believe her third party claim. A lynchproof aligns EXACTLY with a third party who doesn't know their win condition. Town or scum, either team can play to their win condition minus exact knowledge of their role. Whether I turn out to be VT or cop, or doctor or whatever wackiness, I can still lynch scum without that. Scum can still try and move the lynch on to town or position themselves to look townie without knowing if they're goon or rolecop or what. But a third party can't play to their win condition if they don't know their win condition. It's silly to even say. A lyncher, a jester, a serial killer, they all play differently. Therefore, there's no way a third party Mastina could even know how to win prior to "recovering her memory" (aka getting pmed an actual win condition).

Now what I don't know is if she used a scum ability to do that as a 1-shot and used it to sell the third party claim, because that's plausible. Or she's just taking advantage because one of the mechanics is that a random person is selected to be lynchproof (I'll have a better idea of this tomorrow). But I find it absurdist to imagine that an actual 1/12 hit and landed on a third party that just so happened to be the only logical candidate to start the game lynchproof from a setup design standpoint.

Cyrus, what is your claim exactly? Stop derping the fuck around. And no one else fill him in on what your role PM may or may not say.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 638, GreyICE wrote:If you truthfully believe that Mastina was selected at random, you can't believe her third party claim. A lynchproof aligns EXACTLY with a third party who doesn't know their win condition.
When the mod says something explicit in thread, I assume it's true.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay. Well, I actually read the game ad:
In post 1305, momo wrote:Image
Please state your name and claim your role for the record. What's this, you don't know your role? You only know your alignment you say? Oh that's right, it says it right here. You have amnesia and the doctors don't know if you'll ever get your memories back. Who are your friends? Who are your enemies? If you're playing this game, you definitely don't know. But maybe, just maybe, with enough time and good luck, you'll find out.

This is a really cool game I've designed (with some help!). There's a lot of stuff planned to occur throughout the game so I don't want to give too much away, but over the course of the game, the town and scum slowly regain their memories while trying to achieve their wincon. Cool Amnesia flavor, a few nice twists, and a couple unique game mechanics occur.

I designed this game because I realized that a lot of people aren't having fun playing mafia. There are naturally a lot of arguments and the game has gotten very repetitive. I originally fell in love with this game because it felt like there was always more to discover. New setups, new strategies, new people, and new experiences.

Join me in bring discovery back to mafia and in making every game a unique experience.

Now accepting pre-ins!
Now maybe "the joy of discovery" means "the mod force feeds us events and we take them all at exact face value" but I choose to believe that exercising a modicum of brain power will help us understand the setup given the advertisement, and that maybe "randomly" in the post refers more to the fact that Mastina's role was random OR that she's not third party.

Still waiting on Cyrus. The longer you wait, the more I think you're trying to fabricate a good fakeclaim my dude.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Spoiler:
In post 638, GreyICE wrote:If you truthfully believe that Mastina was selected at random, you can't believe her third party claim. A lynchproof aligns EXACTLY with a third party who doesn't know their win condition. Town or scum, either team can play to their win condition minus exact knowledge of their role. Whether I turn out to be VT or cop, or doctor or whatever wackiness, I can still lynch scum without that. Scum can still try and move the lynch on to town or position themselves to look townie without knowing if they're goon or rolecop or what. But a third party can't play to their win condition if they don't know their win condition. It's silly to even say. A lyncher, a jester, a serial killer, they all play differently. Therefore, there's no way a third party Mastina could even know how to win prior to "recovering her memory" (aka getting pmed an actual win condition).

Now what I don't know is if she used a scum ability to do that as a 1-shot and used it to sell the third party claim, because that's plausible. Or she's just taking advantage because one of the mechanics is that a random person is selected to be lynchproof (I'll have a better idea of this tomorrow). But I find it absurdist to imagine that an actual 1/12 hit and landed on a third party that just so happened to be the only logical candidate to start the game lynchproof from a setup design standpoint.

Cyrus, what is your claim exactly? Stop derping the fuck around. And no one else fill him in on what your role PM may or may not say.
i am Amnesiac
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Cyrus is completely incoherent, sure, but I think this whole stuff about scumslippijg makes absolutely zero sense.

The whole name thing to me just seems like Cyrus is waffling on about some weird semi-joke that he came up with at the beginning of this game.

Menalque or LUV (in a pinch) seem like way better lynches to me.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:29 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Spoiler:
In post 642, rosterfoster wrote:Cyrus is completely incoherent, sure, but I think this whole stuff about scumslippijg makes absolutely zero sense.

The whole name thing to me just seems like Cyrus is waffling on about some weird semi-joke that he came up with at the beginning of this game.

they have no since of humor roster i just going let it go maybe they can find the scum tomorrow after seeing it was a joke.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 643, cyrus62 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 642, rosterfoster wrote:Cyrus is completely incoherent, sure, but I think this whole stuff about scumslippijg makes absolutely zero sense.

they have no since of humor roster i just going let it go maybe they can find the scum tomorrow after seeing it was a joke.
Nah, I have plenty of humor, thanks. I can see Menalque's use of the phrase as a joke, not yours. Who makes the same joke four times?

Plus, before "It was me trying to see what others have to say." Roster calls it a weird semi-joke and then Cyrus immediately and for the first time says he was joking.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 634, cyrus62 wrote:as i said before i have no flavor name it was me trying to see what others had to say others made a commet to this as well . when i was asking roster about it i wanted to know . how roster was good . the only name i know is cyus62v which we all know
This post feels so incoherent
<Embrace The Void>

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:49 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Spoiler:
In post 644, The Fonz wrote:
In post 643, cyrus62 wrote:
Spoiler:

Nah, I have plenty of humor, thanks. I can see Menalque's use of the phrase as a joke, not yours. Who makes the same joke four times?

Plus, before "It was me trying to see what others have to say." Roster calls it a weird semi-joke and then Cyrus immediately and for the first time says he was joking.
i told almost it was a joke last night to
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i didnt think a nai joke would go this far .
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

Everybody please remember this quote for after cyrus flips.

Also, why would cyrus suddenly change his mind and decide to put his "town read" @L-1? (more tinfoil: I low key can see it Fonz' way, meaning Menalque "may" be town, and cyrus decided to use that flip to his advantage after having been hard WK'ing).

Oh, there's also that advertisement (that I never read before):
In post 640, GreyICE wrote:Please state your name and claim your role for the record. What's this, you don't know your role? You only know your alignment you say?
That's even BETTER! "You only know your alignment" is explicitly mentioned here, as well as "you don't know you role". Now why does it not say "you don;t know your name" despite the starting question being "state you
name
and claim your role"? It's because some players (scum) do know their names, and some (town) don't. It had to be obscured or it would have constituted a mod lie.

I am at lynching cyrus (and I am already voting there so won't change my vote) and after he flips red I'd put Menalque/roster at the same level of "extreely sus" and Karnage as "less so but still a suspect" (it's because he also acknowledge I may be up to something but suggested we test it through the lynch of Menalque instead)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

@cyrus: Why'd you suddenly decide to vote Menalque?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”