popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1043, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 998, popsofctown wrote:Once someone outed your main your posts started striking me differently, though I think it'd be irresponsible to overrate meta and completely discard my initial vibes about your slot. But counting on my fingers you're the 4th scummiest slot in the game for me so I don't think you should get worked up about that?

Do/did you think my main and my other alt played the same? If not, why would you assume this one should follow either?
It's not so much about applying meta tells versus overall confidence in my reads being different. I think my reads on you are much more accurate the more posts I have on you, on all your accounts, for varying reasons. By D2 in rolecall I was depressingly unsure you were scum but was townreading so much of everywhere else.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

If Judge Joseph Dredd wins as a bastard role, I will change my avatar to Beautiful and Intelligent Scholarship Student Isis.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1037, Pine wrote: *If entirely original. If merely the summation of groupthink that I missed, it’s NAI
The list is original, but it’s in response to my 7 proposed cafstrats and >rand scum, I think.

The downside to this one, and it’s a fairly decently sized downside, is that it provides a roadmap of all the good prs that scum can follow. It also pretty much guarantees that our strongest prs die because any docs staying home means they’re unprotected post claim. Like, say, kuribo, the obvious doc protect if town. In fact, I’d pretty much switch the doc and Roleblocker categories because the scum nightkill is likely to be hyper targeted by the number of caffeinated players and scum distribution therein.

In addition, if my tinfoil about scum being able to roleswap is accurate, this is a pretty good way to make all of our strongest PRs useless.

As far as roleswapping being bastard, I can’t see how it would be. Vanillaizer is very similar in function, and clearly not outside of the realm of possibility for this game. The only other thing that makes my role make sense to me is day actions, which neatly sidesteps our neighborhood AND caffeine.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1049, Chandra Nalaar wrote:is that even allowed
Avvy bets based on games aren’t, no, but pops makes avvy bets about changing his avvy to the same avvy, so it’s not really outside influence, just cute.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

I changed my avatar to Scholarship Student Isis on page 10 when Chandra started townreading me to reward her with cute avi love but I'm not sure that was allowed.
"Well, I..."
Day One Wagon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Day One Wagon »

Is it bad that I feel uneasy about Jingle?
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 1034, popsofctown wrote:Too hard to aim for benefit so don't use: Doctor, Bodyguard, Commuter, Enhancer/Motivator, Vanillerizer, activated 1-shot BP, asceticizer, bus driver
I don't want to be a dick (but I can't help it :P ). What's hard to aim about a Commuter?? Is this town under siege? (Shit! That's another action star that's not me).
I AM THE LAW!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1054, popsofctown wrote:I changed my avatar to Scholarship Student Isis on page 10 when Chandra started townreading me to reward her with cute avi love but I'm not sure that was allowed.
Can you change your avvy to Scholarship Student Isis for me? Every game where you haven't you've been scum, so I think it might be a trust tell I can abuse. :D
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:20 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1052, Bingle wrote:As far as roleswapping being bastard, I can’t see how it would be. Vanillaizer is very similar in function, and clearly not outside of the realm of possibility for this game. The only other thing that makes my role make sense to me is day actions, which neatly sidesteps our neighborhood AND caffeine.
There's a difference between "You're now vanilla" and "You were a doctor but now you're a cop," or similar
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have little idea why Bingle thinks FakeGod massclaimproofs his setups but doesn't bother with follow-the-cop-proofing them, or even follow-the-cop-proofing them X% of the time.
---------
Commuter is essentially a doc protect you can only aim at yourself. It is only relevant if you are the NK. You become caffeine addicted 100% of the time and you actually prevent a kill 1/16th of the time (I put 1/17th in the post cause I skipped the lynch, but still a sliver).
"Well, I..."
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

docing known strong roles seems like a fine exception
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1057, Bingle wrote:
In post 1054, popsofctown wrote:I changed my avatar to Scholarship Student Isis on page 10 when Chandra started townreading me to reward her with cute avi love but I'm not sure that was allowed.
Can you change your avvy to Scholarship Student Isis for me? Every game where you haven't you've been scum, so I think it might be a trust tell I can abuse. :D
I'll do it once you catch me 1 scum, I have to make you work for it.
"Well, I..."
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 1055, Day One Wagon wrote:Is it bad that I feel uneasy about Jingle?
why don't you answer that question yourself instead of this thing you keep doing
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:25 am

In post 1034, popsofctown wrote:Vigs: Vigilante, Town poisoner?, Loverizer
I would use all of these as long as they are at least X=2,
I wish Mastina was on this game to fry you over this. Vigs should never shoot (according to her), and more so on N1. Unless we have an explicit guilty situation (like, say.. 2 investigatives came back with guilties on D2, so one guilty was lynched and the other left alive .. only then should the Vig make their shot).
I AM THE LAW!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1060, Chandra Nalaar wrote:docing known strong roles seems like a fine exception
It potentially costs multiple caffeinations. I'd at least suggest that the protectives flip a coin about whether to do it. I'm mostly just off it, I've never played a closed FakeGod but people say he's a "good mod" and "good mod"s put a follow-the-cop disruption in.

pedit: Mastina is bonkers on mafia theory
she also believes in never fakeclaiming as scum which is from the getgo look you never say never
I think she has good dayplay but runs into some logical ruts on theory
"Well, I..."
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 am

In post 1047, popsofctown wrote:It bothered me you didn't go into a stance here.
I think I did. You're just not being perceptive. I was implying it could be WKing and I have Gork under the microscope.
I AM THE LAW!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:31 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1059, popsofctown wrote:I have little idea why Bingle thinks FakeGod massclaimproofs his setups but doesn't bother with follow-the-cop-proofing them, or even follow-the-cop-proofing them X% of the time.
*cough*4 miller claims and 3 people who straight up vanilla-ize anyone who targets them*cough*

FG taught me to balance setups, way back in 2013. Despite the fact that our mod philosophies are wildly different, I have a pretty good idea of how he goes about balancing things. And this setup is inherently resistant to follow the cop BECAUSE of caffeine, even if it were 11 docs 2 cops and 4 goons.

And yeah, vig shouldn't act either.
Day One Wagon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Day One Wagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Day One Wagon »

In post 1062, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
why don't you answer that question yourself instead of this thing you keep doing
Oh, I'm pretty chill about fact that I have scumlean on Jingle
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:35 am

In post 1047, popsofctown wrote:I don't reach this conclusion off my role PM, but this conclusion seems reachable off 4 role PMs, so I'm concerned.
Would you have passed a quadruple scum voter if you were the reviewer of this game?
Think about it:
9 to lynch --> 4/9 controlled by ONE scum (+2-3 others: 6/9 total)
8 to lynch --> 3/8 controlled by ONE scum (+2-3 others: 5/8 total)
7 to lynch --> 2/7 controlled by ONE scum (+2-3 others: 4/7 total)

That's TOO MUCH VOTING POWERS for the scum team. That's TOO MUCH DAY POWER in addition to their God-knows what night powers. If that's the case this town should white flag already.
I AM THE LAW!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Bingle »

No. If you don't feel uneasy about Jingle, Jingle has either broken the setup or Jingle is scum going for the power wolf.

I haven't broken the setup and I would never go for the power wolf of the back of Role Call considering the player list is like 70% the same.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:39 am

In post 1047, popsofctown wrote:This reads an awful lot like trying to undermine people for townreading me *in-advance*.
Hell, you made a huge ass post (one that's bigger than Kim Kardashian's) about a bloody video game. You wanted to be TR'd for that shit??
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 am

Another break in the wall.. (I have problems with my hearing as well as my comprehension.. I didn't get that they were saying BRICK and if I did I would have considered it offensive calling everyone another brick anyway)
I AM THE LAW!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Bingle »

The best use of vig is to confirm themselves as town by having two kills in a night. Otherwise, vig is usually a really bad role in town's hands. It is less utility than activated IC and should only shoot once, outside of mechanical reasons otherwise (Open setups, taking a setup off of evens, etc). It is roughly equivalent to Friendly Neighbor in that it is publicly known as opposed to relying on targeting town who is not the night kill.

Given that you think Friendly Neighbor shouldn't act, Vig definitely shouldn't act.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 1044, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 1041, Kagami wrote:What do you think about , ceph?
I disagree that scum would necessarily discuss something like that, but agree that voting there right away doesn't seem like a scum move.

If you're getting at something deeper, I am missing it.
I completely disagree, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'm pretty sure scum-pops makes that vote in a heartbeat every single time. If you're a scummo in a miller neighborhood, you absolutely jump on a miller claim. Such a beautifully easy-seeming vote would feel like a Christmas present come early.

If you're town, then you ~might~ jump on it, if you just like thinking. I think a competent townerino (which is where I place pops) assumes marquis is lying for possibly town-motivated reasons and tries to feel it out. It's not like you'd be afraid of losing a 1 on 1 when you have a neighborhood of players who know you're telling the truth.

I was thinking the read is super shallow, but that it reflects less on D1L than it does on pops for ignoring it, and then voting me despite our being in seemingly good read alignment.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Kagami »

This caffeine talk is absurd.

Half the town should act. If you have a role that you expect to be in the upper 50 percentile in terms of power, you should act.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”