Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Hoptic »

Doing a mix of skimming isos, reading the thread from where I was at before, and having skimmed during the day at some point.

Norweigan boy feels consistently open, honest, and thoughtful.

Pheonix’s opening and catch up in 200 feels kind of odd if it’s from the same hydra head. Popping in for a RV then coming back and focusing on the stuff that’s happened in the two pages seems unusual since I don’t see why they wouldn’t skim or read those pages when they popped in for the random vote. Covered a lot of stuff that had already been discussed. @Pheonix: where these posts from the same head (51 and the early 200s)?
In post 62, Hoptic wrote:Greetings, friends. Just found out that this wonderful game is underway. I'm the Hectic head of this hydra, and will therefore be offsetting any towncred my associate Hopkirk accumulates from his good detective work. However, do not be alarmed, I'm not worried about losing towncred because Hopkirk and I are not members of any criminal organisations, but we do occasionally launder money as a hobby. Slightly late right now in the Bahamas, and I'm unsure if I have a comprehensive enough understanding of the setup, so I'll illuminate myself on this matter and read the thread in morning. That is when you can expect me to weigh in with my immeasurable wisdom and sagacity; Hopkirk's reads may be good, but just wait until you see mine.

-Hectic
Thanks Hectic. I was getting concerned with how many townreads we were getting before this. I'm impressed you were able to fit five separate scumslips into a single post. That's only seven off your record.
In post 64, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 54, PenguinPower wrote:There is only one true PP...and it’s the one with the ban powers.
In post 14, Vorkuta wrote:#biasedmodding incoming
*ahem*

First impressions
-I don't like how Norskee is using appeal to his newbiness. Not a fan. My very vast experience with this (hi penguin, please confirm) makes me want to say that this is scummy.
-Ben is a returning vet player and my gut says that he'd be more cautions as scum. Like I think he'd actually tread water carefully and keep his pulse on the game instead of ^, so he can have a town point or two.
-Penguin: town greeting, town reaction to self-vote (ok fine, NAI at worst, town at best)
-RCE: 0/10 would not greet again
-Hoptic:.... the head ^ sucks. Like what even is this preemtive, 'sorry I'm about to lose town-cred'

Rest I'll bug later
I'm not sure how many games Ben has played but I don't think it's a lot, and he's said he generally played faster post games where there's likely less of an emphasis on caution/suggests he wouldn't necessarily be the most cautious player (on mafiascum at least, idk how much he's played on his home site, but it read to me like it's been a little gap between his last game and this one). Does this affect your read on him as likely to be cautious?

I'm kind of upset about you saying my partner sucks, but I'll try not to let it influence my read. I reckon Hectic spends at least four hours a day planning memes to use in mafia games and I can only imagine how upset he must have been after you said his memes 'suck'. I'd like everyone to recognize the amount of work that's gone in to them, even if you can't appreciate them for their intrinsic artistic value.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

Everything signed Phoenix is by me. Everything else is by Platinum unless otherwise stated.

- Phoenix
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Hoptic »

Getting an error message when I try and post. Test post in case something in the post is affecting it.
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Hoptic »

-Hop for above post, sorry

If this posts then 'SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.' is due to a symbol i had in.

Not really confident in forming a read based on the setup spec so I’m going to treat it as NAI. Not to say that I don’t appreciate the effort put into making it :)
In post 113, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 64, Vorkuta wrote:First impressions
-I don't like how Norskee is using appeal to his newbiness. Not a fan. My very vast experience with this (hi penguin, please confirm) makes me want to say that this is scummy.
-Ben is a returning vet player and my gut says that he'd be more cautions as scum. Like I think he'd actually tread water carefully and keep his pulse on the game instead of ^, so he can have a town point or two.
-Penguin: town greeting, town reaction to self-vote (ok fine, NAI at worst, town at best)
-RCE: 0/10 would not greet again
-Hoptic:.... the head ^ sucks. Like what even is this preemtive, 'sorry I'm about to lose town-cred'
+Penguin: town for actually wanting to push the game. Reads just like in previous game with him
tris: acceptable townie level of skepticism/cynicism
RCE: setup spec'd with me. gets points
UiT: #99 gets a town lean for the openness
Is there anything you actually thought was outside of Penguin's scum range in the posts before this? I don't think there's was anything overly alignment indicative to pick up on there and it feels odd using a meta read to justify a townread here unless Penguin has a very specific/bad scumgame.
In post 116, Beta Sapphire wrote:
In post 28, benhalkum wrote:
In post 22, Hoptic wrote:LOOK i know i said thAT if we could lolhammer then ME or my partner would do so we would, but I'M concerned that's SO likely to hit TOWN that we probably won't do that. That would be bad for town and I want to avoid anything that would hurt town. :lol:

I'm going to be honest, I haven't read much of the setup very well since only the mafia really need to :cop: , but I don't think there's a Jester in it.
---
VOTE: Ben
Mafia definitely need to read the setup and (some) town can get away with not doing it. Some possibility that he’s trying to townslip here (or it could just be a townslip)
-Hop
Except until you mentioned it, I didn't even realize there was a set up link. Had to go looking for it.

Either way, it is odd that you specifically mentioned mafia and checking out the setup as a requirement. I mean, a couple hours in on day one of day one, its plausible there's a few of us who hadn't yet. Also, if you haven't really read much of the set up, why would you base the opinion there's not a jester or jester-like role? Seems like something you'd confirm before replying back to me. I mean, you're right, there doesn't seem to be. But your so sure post after admitting you haven't looked into it, tells me
you're lying somewhere

UNVOTE: Vorkuta

VOTE: Hoptic
Town

-o
I kind of feel like scum are more likely to read the bolded LOOK AT ME I'M SO TOWN and think 'this might not be serious/might be a trap'. Can agree with the perspective, but why did you think this was town?

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 131, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 113, Vorkuta wrote:+Penguin: town for actually wanting to push the game. Reads just like in previous game with him
tris: acceptable townie level of skepticism/cynicism
RCE: setup spec'd with me. gets points
UiT: #99 gets a town lean for the openness
You may be being a little fast and loose with town points here.
In post 132, Gamma Emerald wrote:Agree with the PP read though
Any you specifically disagreed with or all of them? Kind of agreed until the second post quoted since the PP stuck out as oddest read to me.
In post 140, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 130, Beta Sapphire wrote:I feel like the concern about the speed of the wagon on vorkuta is fake considering it was just an rvs wagon. And I don’t like how you’re just shading an entire wagon without saying who you didn’t like on it.

VOTE: unstuck in time

-still o
this post isn't genuine but I'll bite.

Vorkuta being on the Vorkuta wagon is indeed incredibly scum-AI, but I can't help but feel Vorkuta is leanscum at worst. Considering a zombie/delayed lynchproof exists this might be feasibly interpreted as a
scumclaim

PenguinPower's vote is a basic RVS vote, it is NAI to the power of 1.

NaCl's RVS/RQS combo vote on Vorkuta is probably towny.

It's pretty obvious I don't like ben on the Vorkuta wagon for the vote-waffling.

RCE's vote is L-2 but a basic RVS vote... I can't give anything beyond an incredibly miniscule scum dot worth like 1/1000 scum points

TL
Like this post.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Hoptic »

Oh the Zombie is basically a Jester equivalent isn't it. Minor scumpoints added to Ben for potential projecting + he could be a Zombie here based on p1-3

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 170, Vorkuta wrote:pedit
your self-consciousness and self-awareness lost you a bunch of points
Not a fan of this. Don't see why you'd give town points for covering up self-awareness.
In post 171, Hoptic wrote:Hop onboard the township everyone. I extend an invitation to Billy, Hopkirk, Unstuck, and Norwegian.

-Hectic

Pedit: That's fine, better than being scumread for casually dropping a township.
Ooh nice to see we agree on Unstuck and Norwegian. Now I'm glad this wasn't spoiled for me in the hydra QT, that might have influenced my view on them.
To clarify, were these reads serious? I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not 100% because of the joke.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Hoptic »

Yeah, those are serious.

-Hectic
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 182, Vorkuta wrote:"hey lets stop setup speccing and focus on solving" -Hec
"hey how do zombies work again?" -also Hec
Not a fan of the amount of shade you're throwing.
In post 195, Hoptic wrote:I believe I have 3 completed games on this site, and 2 other ongoing ones at the moment.

Played a few games on another site that none of you will have heard of, not anything well known like mafia universe.

Looking forward to this incoming harassment. Make sure to throw in some nuclear warheads please.

-Hectic
Plus ~600ish hours of irl mafia/mafia related games.
What was the aim of the question RC? Given you had a vote with it I'm assuming it wasn't just out of curiosity.
In post 236, Beta Sapphire wrote:Page 9 Penguin prob town

His alignment will also get easier to read over time

-o
Third person to have this for unclear reasons is odd to me. Can you explain this? If there's obvious meta then I'd like to know.
In post 245, Elements wrote:
In post 188, Hoptic wrote: Townreading Vortuka for setup spec. Though, having thought about it again, I don't think that alone is a good reason.
The way Vorkuta discusses it and the tone he uses is towny for me. But the act itself of discussing the setup is NAI.
Scum could certainly use it to pick up free town points while also fishing for town PRs based on how people contribute to the discussion.
-Hectic
This seems like an excuse to town read Vorkuta. The "two" reasons you've given to townread them are the same - "way" and "tone".

- Phoenix
(Why) did you take that as a townread? It had 'NAI' 'townreading due to this... but it's probably not a good reason for a townread' and 'scum could do it to' in with the read. Felt more neutral/fence sitty than a townread to me.
In post 247, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 182, Vorkuta wrote:"hey lets stop setup speccing and focus on solving" -Hec
"hey how do zombies work again?" -also Hec
Wanna vote Hoptic with me? I think Hectic's first post may have been a cover for his erratic play (fyi I don't scumread prefacing your play on principle but this instance feels rather egregious).
Erratic play is a personality tell for Hectic. Have a look at his intentional scumslips in his first newbie.
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Hoptic »

^Hop. Clarifying now because we're both online.
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

In post 239, Hoptic wrote:
In post 236, Beta Sapphire wrote:Page 9 Penguin prob town

His alignment will also get easier to read over time

-o
How come, o?

-Hectoc
Tone lol

He seems to be having fun, which I don’t think he projects as much when he’s scum

-o
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 am

In post 308, Hoptic wrote:
In post 188, Hoptic wrote: Townreading Vortuka for setup spec. Though, having thought about it again, I don't think that alone is a good reason.
The way Vorkuta discusses it and the tone he uses is towny for me. But the act itself of discussing the setup is NAI.
Scum could certainly use it to pick up free town points while also fishing for town PRs based on how people contribute to the discussion.
-Hectic
This seems like an excuse to town read Vorkuta. The "two" reasons you've given to townread them are the same - "way" and "tone".

- Phoenix
(Why) did you take that as a townread? It had 'NAI' 'townreading due to this... but it's probably not a good reason for a townread' and 'scum could do it to' in with the read. Felt more neutral/fence sitty than a townread to me.
Correct me if I'm wrong here - the reason I took it as a townread is the bit where he said "townreading Vorkuta". Then the followup where he said he townleans them.
- Phoenix
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 188, Hoptic wrote:
In post 184, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 181, Hoptic wrote:And I'm actually inclined to agree with his read on Vorkuta too
Which read? The heads differ.
Townreading Vortuka for setup spec. Though, having thought about it again, I don't think that alone is a good reason.

Unstuck can be demoted to steward on the township.

-Hectic
Phoenix:
That was a response to the question above it. So "I'm inclined to agree with his townread on Vorkuta for setup spec."

-Hectic
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 251, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 247, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wanna vote Hoptic with me?
Oh man I feel so popular with people fighting over my vote

That hydra has a really interesting dynamic with me hating everything Hec has to say and Hop being... much better, but I think we'll be able to read them better with time.

I want NaCl, Ben, and he Is to come by and start existing so I can get a clearer picture of things
So much better feels too strong when I only had posts on the first two pages.
In post 253, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 199, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok, i'll make sure to pretend i'm a mafia professional from now on.
You don't need to pretend you're a master, I mean I've played probably a hundred games and have been on this site for 3 years and I'm still learning. But consistently using newbism as an excuse is a bad look. I remember a player from when I joined who constantly used the newb card as scum.
Are you reading Norwegian as scum or town or not?
In post 268, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 240, Hoptic wrote:I feel like a lot of these reads being formed are based on previous meta. Anyone want to talk about isolated alignment-indicative stuff that's been said thus far? I'll start writing my comprehensive essay on the setup meanwhile.

-Hectic
I don't think I have any meta reads as of yet
Where's the Penguin read coming from.
In post 287, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 195, Hoptic wrote:I believe I have 3 completed games on this site, and 2 other ongoing ones at the moment.

Played a few games on another site that none of you will have heard of, not anything well known like mafia universe.

Looking forward to this incoming harassment. Make sure to throw in some nuclear warheads please.

-Hectic
I was expecting harassment towards me over my vote.

I was asking because the "I'll get ready to solve things in a couple weeks." Was an extreme cop out, like don't expect me to really start playing till halfway into the game.

The Vorkuta shade looks bad as well, it's specifically for the setup spec without reads when I've given like 1 read so far and mainly just engaged in Vorkutas spec talk. So it reads like targeting when you aren't applying your own parameters outside of his slot specifically.
That answers the question I had.
Who are you a hydra of btw? I'm assuming the RC is RadiantC (and the other head is likely being hidden) and that's the only half I'm asking this question for.
In post 293, RCEnigma wrote:All good, I'm apprehensive to call out people lying about out of game afflictions. It seems bm and would be bm to lie about it.

Aside from that 175 seems like he was agreeing with Norwegians post, that's how I took it. I also don't know what you're getting at with the typo thing. How is that significant?
I'm 100% sure Hectic isn't blind even if it would explain all the times we keep getting lost.

Gamma/Hectic reads as TvT and I can understand both of their mindsets here.

@Hectic: want to discuss something in the hydra QT in regards to a read.

-Hop
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

In post 240, Hoptic wrote:I feel like a lot of these reads being formed are based on previous meta. Anyone want to talk about isolated alignment-indicative stuff that's been said thus far? I'll start writing my comprehensive essay on the setup meanwhile.

-Hectic
I think Ben is towny because he quickly transitioned from RVS to scumhunting in . It feels like town whose natural instinct is to scumhunt right away. Especially for a less experienced player, I don’t think they can replicate this instinct as well as scum.

Norwegian just feels town because of his defiance when he was talking to Vork in

-o
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am

In post 312, Hoptic wrote:That was a response to the question above it. So "I'm inclined to agree with his townread on Vorkuta for setup spec."

-Hectic
If you're inclined to agree with a town read, surely that means you town read them....

-Phoenix
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 308, Hoptic wrote:Erratic play is a personality tell for Hectic. Have a look at his intentional scumslips in his first newbie.
Here's the link for that game if anyone's interested:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=80397&hilit=mario

In my defence, we went onto lynch scum D1, and the remaining scum conceded D2. So a brilliant play by my books.

-Hectic
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 311, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 308, Hoptic wrote:
-Hectic

- Phoenix
Correct me if I'm wrong here - the reason I took it as a townread is the bit where he said "townreading Vorkuta". Then the followup where he said he townleans them.
- Phoenix
It's either a neutral read or at most a light townread when you take the context into account. I don't really understand how either of those are a fake reason to townread Vort.

The relevant context is 'I'm inclined to agree' is followed by a number of footnotes. I read it as a more neutral read but if anyone else wants to weigh in on how they interpreted it then that's probably more useful than my opinion.

To clarify, Phoenix isn't elements is it?

-Hop
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:00 am

In post 317, Hoptic wrote: To clarify, Phoenix isn't elements is it?

-Hop
Phoenix is Elements, or is it Elements is Phoenix?

- Phoenix/Elements
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 315, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 312, Hoptic wrote:That was a response to the question above it. So "I'm inclined to agree with his townread on Vorkuta for setup spec."

-Hectic
If you're inclined to agree with a town read, surely that means you town read them....

-Phoenix
Indeed, and I did before that point, but then I reconsidered, hence my "Though, having thought about it again..." rest of the post. Classic case of Cotard's Delusion here.

-Hectic
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:03 am

I don't think I'm dead

- Phoenix's ghost
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 am

Hectic, why are you now commenting on this now. You seemed perfectly content after your reply to me the first time and now it's very evident it was a case of misinterpreted context.

- Phoenix
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 318, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 317, Hoptic wrote: To clarify, Phoenix isn't elements is it?

-Hop
Phoenix is Elements, or is it Elements is Phoenix?

- Phoenix/Elements
Ok, that's odder than I thought. How come you haven't mention that Hectic memes a lot - or even weighed into the discussion btw Hectic/Gamma/others - when there's been 5 pages over conflict over it? I'm assuming you've got some good reads out of the interactions if waiting for reads is your explination here.

VOTE: Pheonix

Townreads on Norwegian, Gamma, and Unstuck.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 314, Beta Sapphire wrote:

-Hectic
I think Ben is towny because he quickly transitioned from RVS to scumhunting in . It feels like town whose natural instinct is to scumhunt right away. Especially for a less experienced player, I don’t think they can replicate this instinct as well as scum.

Norwegian just feels town because of his defiance when he was talking to Vork in

-o
I'm inclined to agree with you on Ben. I don't agree with the read whatsoever since Hopkirk was joking in that post, but I can see that Ben didn't pick up on that, and was understandably suspicious. What do you think of him hypothesising about there being a jester in ?

On Norwegian: I agree, sounds like town being genuinely offended that his read is being treated as an emotional reaction.

-Hectic
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

In post 308, Hoptic wrote:Third person to have this for unclear reasons is odd to me. Can you explain this? If there's obvious meta then I'd like to know.
Yeah my pp read is meta based

-o

Return to “Completed Open Games”