Mini Normal 2098 - Game Over! (Mafia Won)

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by profii »

In post 98, Garmr wrote:I don't think I need to go to indepth with the town read since I think it's the common opinion.
what made you think that?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Post by profii »

I googled slayers gambit and google took me to the wiki on this very site :facepalm:

You've mentioned it twice but it seems you dont believe it yourself, Garmr.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Mohab500 »

I am a bit unsure what to think of Luca's opening, feels like it's too focused on norwegian.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m just so damn charming i know.
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Kraeg »

In post 102, Mohab500 wrote:I am a bit unsure what to think of Luca's opening, feels like it's too focused on norwegian.
Why? Who do you want Luca to focus on? Everyone was talking about Norwegian
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:33 am

Post by Kraeg »

Skellen is null for me at the moment. The "too textbook" thing may just be a newbie thing.
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Kraeg »

Ok, so Luca came here saying Skellen's thoughts mirrors his own and then voted him because of the same thoughts that mirrors his own?
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:40 am

Post by Kraeg »

@Mohab500

I think I'm just really a serious player. In most of the games I played, I entered after the RVS game so I'm just not used to the RVS thing.
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Kraeg »

And I don't think I did a hard accusation.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I was tempted to scum read Luca for his catch up posts and the fact that he flipped on Skellen within about 5 minutes of saying he agreed with her and asking questions of me identical to the concerns she raised before voting. But that's too obvious. Scum is usually more self aware than that. So I'm in a weird way giving that light town points.

Mohab is concerning me. She voted Kraeg based on his opening. Then she re-emphasizes her vote at because "calling people out for V/LAs is a bit of a rushed reason to try and find a scumread/lean for anyone." Except, Kraeg didn't use that as a basis to scumread anyone. He shaded people, but again, I think the way he's doing this is drawing way too much attention for it to be scum motivated. I think he's an easy mis-lynch target and I think that Mohab may have been trying to get in early.

VOTE: Mohab
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Skellen »

Apologies for my absence during the weekend, got unexpectedly busy. Will read stuff and give my input.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 45, Billy Pilgrim wrote: Fair enough. I wait a bit before casting a vote. I get why you read this as off, but it's where I'm at now with how I want to play D1.
I can relate with that as I am also usually pretty conservative with my vote. I wouldn't have minded your post much to begin with, I tend to take a close look at people's wording and what mainly pinged me about your post back then was you emphasizing your stance about Norwegianboy with "definitely" which gave me the impression that you strongly disliked Norwegianboy backing off with his vote so it looked odd to me. I can dig your reply, particularly # because I agree with that observation.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 63, Kraeg wrote:Game is already out of RVS after a few posts 'cause of Norwegian.

Also, I'm getting a bad feeling about Billy's V/LA. I've been a player of this game for like years already and I've seen mafia abuse the V/LA as an excuse to avoid everyone. I'm not a big fan of people going on V/LAs.
Ok, many have already pointed out why this isn't making sense. Instead I am interested in what motivation you see in Billy abusing V/LA here? He wasn't really in a bad spot that avoiding people would have been necessary, the only pressure he got came from me with my vote, which even came after he announced his V/LA, and he responded to it during his V/LA.

Also not really fond of avoiding my question about flippy, which kind of confirms my suspicion that it was just a question asked for the sake of asking a question without any meaningful purpose.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 77, profii wrote:
If you are scum and someone unvotes due to pressure, i dont think you out that someone malleable to the entire group - i think you just say to yourself / the scum PT - look guys, if we pressure this guy he will do this or that, use that for later.

so i actually think this comes across as towny without meaning to.
I get your thought process here, but you have to walk me through it for a bit. Why don't you think it could have come from scum that is afraid of getting into focus with starting an early wagon considering Billy's hesitant attitude?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 100, profii wrote:
In post 98, Garmr wrote:I don't think I need to go to indepth with the town read since I think it's the common opinion.
what made you think that?
I read the atmosphere and the flow tells me you will be town read. It's hard to explain but I used the concept of flow in previous games. But with it I can make predictions the longer the games go on. What interest me most is when I'm wrong with a prediction because that means their information I missed or was wrong on.
In post 101, profii wrote:I googled slayers gambit and google took me to the wiki on this very site :facepalm:

You've mentioned it twice but it seems you dont believe it yourself, Garmr.
Yes in a way that's true. I want to scum read him for it but every scenario I play out I can't find a scum motivation. It's a conflict of mind and heart.

Since you engaged with me it would be a waste to let this slip.

What do you think of post 98. There are a lot similarities between luca and skellen. But the differences are why I find luca scummier. How do you feel about luca and his jump onto the skellen wagon?

There are similarities between skellen and luca blight
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 82, Emperor flippyNips wrote: I think my 3 is the most important tbh
So sassy~

Voting someone as greeting isn't friendly, no? Next to that we have both played together often enough already that you know what I think of naked votes or votes without any further interactions into my direction.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 92, Billy Pilgrim wrote: Scum lean Norwegian
Talk to me about this. I interpreted # that you kind of have kind come around Norwegianboy yet he still seems to be your scumlean? Is it because you (seem to) disagree with him about Kraeg?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 96, Luca Blight wrote: I know I said her opening was decent in , but looking back it almost seems a little too 'polished', so I'm gonna sheep Profii on this one.
I am not going to parrot Garmr here as I agree with him regarding you for the most part. What interests me would be if your perception of my vote influenced your read on Billy's posts/behaviour which I was referring to back then as you seemingly agreed with me there? I phrased it maybe awkwardly, but I get profii's thought process as he came to another conclusion, I don't get how you got there though.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Skellen »

I feel positive about Norwegianboy and Garmr.

Norwegianboy's response about the profii thing at the beginning looked townie to me and his general attitude seems genuinely easygoing.

I was wary about Garmr at the beginning because his opening looked pretty similar to my last game with him where he was scum (joke vote then immediately confronting someone). However back then in that game his posts looked rather try-hardish and he generally felt a bit more tense while he seems noticeable more loose here. I also liked his stance in the Kraeg matter and him diving deeper into it to make more sense of Kraeg's play, this looks rather town-motivated in my eyes.

Suspect pool is for me atm Billy, Luca and Kraeg. Indifferent about the rest, although I feel a bit better about profii by tone/phrasing of his vote on me? Will maybe read him more in detail later.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 am

Post by profii »

1. Someone help me with the current site meta, it's been a while since I played - There was certainly a time where scum manipulated VLA a lot, but this game has some examples of people calling out that scum-meta and now we've almost evolved into a new meta where people are targetting the "caller outers" because they are aiming for low hanging fruit... Is that now a thing site wide, or is that something that is just happening here? I could check but I'd be interested in what my fellow players think is happening there...

2. @Skellen - I dont think we would reasonably expect a rush wagon to go through (again, been a while), so if it was me, I'd keep something like that to myself to perhaps manipulate things later. Even if we were to push a lynch through a bit more, it's going to go to L-1, claim, potential weird claim, new wagon, etc. I acknowledge I am putting my logic into someone elses posts I suppose.

3. @Garmr, I think we've crossed paths before, would you say you are: Good at reading me previously / unsure or not enough info / typically reading me badly in the past?
3b. conflict of mind and heart is fair enough.

In terms of the luca/skellen thing. I'm probably offering a unique perspective on this one. I made the point that Skellen might be making a double bluff via that 'so perfect' vote that comes over towny - Now I play this game in a quite decisive way, this vote could have been legit textbook "I've spotted a push without a vote, thats scummy I'll vote it" and admittedly I probably went for the outsider bet by calling it a double bluff. The point is, whilst I am contemplating that, I've got those 2 thoughts running accross my mind and I've picked one.

Now then we have luca who literally said they couldnt articulate it and I said it was a tricky one to articulate but I'm figuring here because it's an outsider bet or whatever you leave it, but then when he see's me mentioning it, Luca thinks well maybe I am on to something...

So I dont see Luca as scum, I think maybe it's just an communication issue.

That being said, it's now page 5 and there is a bit more from Skellen - looking at 116 Skellen continues to pick at people who say one thing and do another, so that might just be her style which lowers the odds of my outsider rationale vote

UNVOTE:

interesting
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.3

Mohab500 (1) - Billy Pilgrim
Skellen (2) - Emperor FlippyNips, Luca Blight
Luca Blight (1) - Garmr
Garmr (0) -
Emperor FlippyNips (0) -
profii (0) -
NorwegianboyEE (1) - Kraeg
Kraeg (2) - Mohab500, NorwegianboyEE
Billy Pilgrim (1) - Skellen

Not Voting: profii

ACTIVITY NOTES:
Billy Pilgrim is V/LA through Monday, Sept 2

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Friday, September 13th at 10:00 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2019-09-13 10:00:00)
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 98, Garmr wrote:

Emperor flippyNips is kinda jumpy but It's not really that scummy.

whatcha mean I'm jumpy?

im not Emperor FroggyNips
In post 98, Garmr wrote:

Luca blight I find interesting. They are currently voting Skellen for being generic responses that seem polished ect. But their post 94 is pretty generic as well as it's just stating the obvious.

What I find interesting is they said they found everything skellen said the same thought they had. If you found what they said agreeable and mirroring your own. Wouldn't you be a bit conflicted if they are town or not. They were like oh yeah I had the same feeling as you profii. It's early rvs so I'm more forgiving of being hollow but it seems like they are trying to portray image of having independent thought with out throwing something out that breaks the mold or makes them stand out.

It's funny how placed in juxtaposition to each other both come off as generic actions but one null and the other comes off as scummy to me.

VOTE: Luca Blight

VOTE: luca

Spoiler:
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 115, Skellen wrote:
In post 82, Emperor flippyNips wrote: I think my 3 is the most important tbh
So sassy~
Spoiler:

In post 115, Skellen wrote: Voting someone as greeting isn't friendly, no? Next to that we have both played together often enough already that you know what I think of naked votes or votes without any further interactions into my direction.

I think its friendly. :(

well anyways

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Garmr »

@Profii
The only game we played together was a scum one, so unsure if I'm good at reading you. Going to have to use this game as the bench mark.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hey just checking in to show i'm here.
No reads cus i'm busy typing an essay for another massive mafia game i'm playing on the forum right now. Y'all will just have to deal with being secondary priority. >:)
Will post later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”