Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Unstuck in Time »

Ok I am gonna try and recommit to this game. I iso'd Platinum (I'll decide who the real PP is after I figure out whether one is scum). 137 posts. I felt like all of it was light on analysis for my taste, but I recognize that I post giant things that most players don't like. Nonetheless, I felt like you could show your work alot more. I think ironically I liked your comments on the zombie. When you townread or scumread there werent really any explanations. A decent chunk of your posts were you refusing to give explanations when asked. For the reads analysis, I saw 545, 642 (I really liked), 716 felt like an honest comment on why you've been light on analysis, but the complaints about being scumread then took up a good chunk, and I thought 797 showed legitimate thoughts. But I highlighted less than 10 posts out of 137. That's not all that helpful. Certainly doesn't feel game solvey. And alot of it was shading different forms of activity. It felt hella shitposty. My partners scumreading you and I can get why. I'm lost in this game, so trying to read you overall is difficult, but I think complaining about the scumreads is a bit unmerited.

BP
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Ben is really fencesitty with all his posts. He can't even commit to a game theory discussion. I like where my other head put the vote. I think Ben mentioned a catch-up, but he's made posts since then without a catch-up. Is one on its way?
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

i think you're approaching our slot and the game in general in good faith which is why i TR you
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm

do you not think it's a bit hypocritical of vorkuta to talk about "convenient votes" when he's voteparking on cj though?
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm

@NaCl - I can't answer your 48 question for my other head. 57 was me
I felt he got it because it felt game solvey early. I actually felt like if it continued past five pages then it was just looking for town cred, but given the issues that kept coming up and that Vork kept referring back to it, I felt like it was merited at the time.

I also didn't understand 237.

I was talking about zero escape and I observed a newbie game that you played in against my friend MadAlfred. I felt like you were pretty active there as well.

Not a whole lot to comment on here. I like that there's a reads list. I like that there's analysis in it. I think I'm gonna need a new day before I can analyze it though.

@pedit - I'm gonna try and get to Vork. I started with you but I wanna work from low post count to higher. And Vork and the other PP are at the top.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:30 pm

In post 794, Vorkuta wrote: Could you possibly go back and defend your own statements from the perspective of being wrongly-accused by wrong!town?
actually

i think i have a better/more succinct answer

generally when i play town i play very aggressively early game and i prioritize being townread

however i play more conservatively in hydras early game

and a large portion of people are misreading me because a) they're not used to town chennis w/o a shit ton of room to work with and dictating the game and b) i'm not used to playing town without a shit ton of room. because when you're scum you know EXACTLY where to make room for yourself but like if you're town you generally play a bit more conservatively because you can push something bad
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 pm

like i dunno

i guess ppl remember me more for a) scumgames like Gay dance and b) towngames like well really anything recent minus newbie 1946

this game is much more a newbie 1946/mini normal 2076 situation than a "chennis normal towngame situation"
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 pm

idk both those games i think i deathtunneled someone wrongly and really bad.

it could be the same here, sure, but idk.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:33 pm

i think i probably need to reread the game in a new lens
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 pm

In post 148, tris wrote:
In post 140, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 130, Beta Sapphire wrote:I feel like the concern about the speed of the wagon on vorkuta is fake considering it was just an rvs wagon. And I don’t like how you’re just shading an entire wagon without saying who you didn’t like on it.

VOTE: unstuck in time

-still o
this post isn't genuine but I'll bite.

Vorkuta being on the Vorkuta wagon is indeed incredibly scum-AI, but I can't help but feel Vorkuta is leanscum at worst. Considering a zombie/delayed lynchproof exists this might be feasibly interpreted as a
scumclaim

PenguinPower's vote is a basic RVS vote, it is NAI to the power of 1.

NaCl's RVS/RQS combo vote on Vorkuta is probably towny.

It's pretty obvious I don't like ben on the Vorkuta wagon for the vote-waffling.

RCE's vote is L-2 but a basic RVS vote... I can't give anything beyond an incredibly miniscule scum dot worth like 1/1000 scum points

TL
Weren't you townreading Vorkuta earlier?

Oh! oops! VOTE: 60 was supposed to be a vote for VOTE: Unstuck in Time! I would like you to answer my question.
Can't answer your question from post 60, that's for the other head. As for 148, I was townreading Vork early for the setup spec. I'll see where I'm at now.

Reading through the iso, I think I'm gonna need to get through the other players before I have thoughts here. Most posts were light on analysis. Only explained reads in two locations. The penguin one was meta based so I'm gonna have nothing to say there.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:40 pm

In post 809, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 148, tris wrote:
In post 140, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 130, Beta Sapphire wrote:I feel like the concern about the speed of the wagon on vorkuta is fake considering it was just an rvs wagon. And I don’t like how you’re just shading an entire wagon without saying who you didn’t like on it.

VOTE: unstuck in time

-still o
this post isn't genuine but I'll bite.

Vorkuta being on the Vorkuta wagon is indeed incredibly scum-AI, but I can't help but feel Vorkuta is leanscum at worst. Considering a zombie/delayed lynchproof exists this might be feasibly interpreted as a
scumclaim

PenguinPower's vote is a basic RVS vote, it is NAI to the power of 1.

NaCl's RVS/RQS combo vote on Vorkuta is probably towny.

It's pretty obvious I don't like ben on the Vorkuta wagon for the vote-waffling.

RCE's vote is L-2 but a basic RVS vote... I can't give anything beyond an incredibly miniscule scum dot worth like 1/1000 scum points

TL
Weren't you townreading Vorkuta earlier?

Oh! oops! VOTE: 60 was supposed to be a vote for VOTE: Unstuck in Time! I would like you to answer my question.
Can't answer your question from post 60, that's for the other head. As for 148, I was townreading Vork early for the setup spec. I'll see where I'm at now.

Reading through the iso, I think I'm gonna need to get through the other players before I have thoughts here. Most posts were light on analysis. Only explained reads in two locations. The penguin one was meta based so I'm gonna have nothing to say there.
This was BP
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Norwegian feels pretty open at the moment. Not seeing much attempt at game solving but that fits with what I've seen from their meta.

BP
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Beta Sapphire:
116 - don't understand the logic
130 - this post feels town
233 - also felt town
Have no thoughts on the penguin meta read
The progressions make sense. I like this iso. This feels town.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm

BP again. I will eventually remember to sign these.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:14 pm

This RCEnigma slot is a decent bit of content, but mostly nothing. Who is townreading them at the moment?

BP
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

It'll be nothing till it's not.

As an aside I hate those kinds of posts. They always come off as asking permission to push there. Like you don't want to make a read if the majority are going to go against it.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:30 pm

I'm not seeing alot of analysis from Hoptic. I'm seeing alot of reads disclosed but not much explanation. Why are you uneasy with Beta? And what caused the progression in your read of Phoenix from 495 to 746?

BP

Probably gonna save the last three for tomorrow.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:32 pm

In post 815, RCEnigma wrote:It'll be nothing till it's not.

As an aside I hate those kinds of posts. They always come off as asking permission to push there. Like you don't want to make a read if the majority are going to go against it.
That's fair. So much of this game has been steeped in meta that I was planning on asking them why, but that's an explanation that you probably won't trust so it is what it is.

BP
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 765, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Some discussion is still discussion.
That's like, barely any discussion though imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 776, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 773, RCEnigma wrote:Actually going back and reading through the defense "everyone is scumreading me so I can't be scum" is bullshit when you're voting Ben, whom pretty much everyone is scumreading. I've seen like one post defending him.
Yea, I shouldn't be voting ben I think he's town.
VOTE: gamma
- Phoenix
Great post lol
I get criticized for being bad about not moving my like I should at times and while I'm just an airhead it is a valid point. So this kind of post imo comes more from scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 778, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 775, Vorkuta wrote:Was that before or after you picked fights with them? Genuine question about chronology as it might help- did they scum-read you BECAUSE you were so aggressive, or did you become aggressive and escalate stuff afterwards?
PP fight started as a fun "who's the better PP" then PP started scum reading us then we started getting aggressive.
You and Gamma I think started doubting us and questioning us and it turned into scum reading and fighting at a similar rate.
That's from a quick glace at ISO's and memory
- Phoenix
Not featured in this post: an answer to the question.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 783, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 716, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Most active player currently scum read us. If I tried to start a wagon people would start complaining I'm trying to start a wagon and not vote with us, thus destroying my idea of pressure. Voting for an existing wagon - ben being the only current one - I am applying the pressure I wanted to.

- Phoenix
In post 717, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 716, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Most active player currently scum read us. If I tried to start a wagon people would start complaining I'm trying to start a wagon and not vote with us, thus destroying my idea of pressure. Voting for an existing wagon - ben being the only current one - I am applying the pressure I wanted to.

- Phoenix
i don't like this post my partner made
My scum senses are tingling a bit. Your thought process described here is even more scummy than if you'd just vote and start another wagon tbh.

Changing my vote.
VOTE: Platinum Phoenix
but i like this even less
Yeah hold up actually. Who is this partner Asgard speaks of?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 789, Vorkuta wrote:Quote fixed
Oh hell no
VOTE: Plat Phoe
They've still kinda been ??? but I don't like the look of what I just saw.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 793, Platinum Phoenix wrote:and why is gamma in townblock again?
Tbh I think it's mostly my 290
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 800, Unstuck in Time wrote:Ok I am gonna try and recommit to this game. I iso'd Platinum (I'll decide who the real PP is after I figure out whether one is scum). 137 posts. I felt like all of it was light on analysis for my taste, but I recognize that I post giant things that most players don't like. Nonetheless, I felt like you could show your work alot more. I think ironically I liked your comments on the zombie. When you townread or scumread there werent really any explanations. A decent chunk of your posts were you refusing to give explanations when asked. For the reads analysis, I saw 545, 642 (I really liked), 716 felt like an honest comment on why you've been light on analysis, but the complaints about being scumread then took up a good chunk, and I thought 797 showed legitimate thoughts. But I highlighted less than 10 posts out of 137. That's not all that helpful. Certainly doesn't feel game solvey. And alot of it was shading different forms of activity. It felt hella shitposty. My partners scumreading you and I can get why. I'm lost in this game, so trying to read you overall is difficult, but I think complaining about the scumreads is a bit unmerited.

BP
I think if it was just Platinum I might townread it
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”