Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 244, NC 39 wrote:Don't like how Alchem is ignoring me as I think that often comes from scum.
You’ve asked me exactly one thing and in the very next post Gamma pointed out your question had been answered already.
In post 249, RC most awesomest wrote:happy scumday alchemist

-nsg
Thank you!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 235, Hectic wrote:
In post 201, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.06

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

EspressoPatronum (3): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Spangled
Alchemist21 (3): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest

NC 39 (2): NC 39, RC most awesomest
Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, Spangled

RC most awesomest (1): RC most awesomest

Clemency (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Hectic, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (7): RC most awesomest, EspressoPatronum, NC 39, Clemency, Lil Uzi Vert, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
didn't Espresso put me down as a heal?
In post 203, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 20, Hectic wrote:
In post 11, Alchemist21 wrote:I don’t even know if throwing around lynch votes will be useful until the Coalition is decided on since we can’t lynch before the Coalition is decided.
i think it's still good go throw around votes to show who we suspect and intend to lynch after we decide on the coalition, it'll be useful later on as well when we look back at wagons and potential bussing

also we can still pressure scum with votes which is always good
In post 21, Hectic wrote:VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

weakest entrance thus far imo
Hectic do you still believe what you said about applying pressure with your votes? Do you think your LUV vote is still good?
yes and probably not, if he's not currently reading the thread

VOTE: Spangled
I have to say you’ve been pinging me this whole game. What makes Spangled a good vote in your eyes? How come you seemingly forgot about voting for anyone else this whole time?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.08

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

EspressoPatronum (4): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Hectic, Spangled
NC 39 (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Alchemist21 (3): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): Alchemist21, RC most awesomest

Clemency (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Spangled (2): RC most awesomest, Hectic
Lil Uzi Vert (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (6): EspressoPatronum, NC 39, Clemency, Lil Uzi Vert, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:13 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

@nsg, my moving forward post was directed to the RC head, as he was trying to write me out the the game for reasons with which I strongly disagree. I've been trying to address you as nsg throughout + will continue to do so unless you prefer another tag. "RCMA" applies to both of you. Apologies for any confusion.

Also @nsg, I should also have been clearer with my Spangled update -- yours and Hectic's posts (and maybe others? I can't remember) have caused me to reconsider my Spangled read. As such, I will do a proper ISO and revisit the read later.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 am

Liking NC's posts. I will consider adding NC to my coalition later today.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'll get to this tonight.

Was NC's last batch of posts from Nancy or Nero?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 238, EspressoPatronum wrote:This is almost the exact line of reasoning I used on my scum read of you
How tho
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 238, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 172, RC most awesomest wrote:
Just so we're clear, EP isn't policy. He's taken the same line of play that scum in the vast majority of my recent games have taken with me.
This is almost the exact line of reasoning I used on my scum read of you and you nearly wrote me out of the game because of it.

I disliked your reaction to my read because it was either scummy or petty, and neither is good for town.
Try to discredit me, call me scum while avoiding engagement and discrediting townreads on me.
Please show me where I haven't engaged.
The NSG engagement is even worse, she has a clearly established meta of efforting less as scum and there's even a hydra game of the two of us where we were scum where she literally posted once, and he's handwaving that as well. It's not an honest interaction with my slot: either his approach to this game was clearly defined before game as prevent RChydra from being in the coalition at all costs or he is scum.
[...]
I'd say my engagement with nsg has been pretty good, actually. That's mostly because she was willing to engage back.

Now that you're back to acknowledging me, we can start to move forward here.
I felt like this entire post is trying to stick what EP was accused of onto RCMA
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 am

In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 238, EspressoPatronum wrote:This is almost the exact line of reasoning I used on my scum read of you
How tho
See post . If you still don't agree in the similar reasoning, I'm happy to weigh in further.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:00 am

In post 257, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler:
Just so we're clear, EP isn't policy. He's taken the same line of play that scum in the vast majority of my recent games have taken with me.
This is almost the exact line of reasoning I used on my scum read of you and you nearly wrote me out of the game because of it.

I disliked your reaction to my read because it was either scummy or petty, and neither is good for town.
Try to discredit me, call me scum while avoiding engagement and discrediting townreads on me.
The NSG engagement is even worse, she has a clearly established meta of efforting less as scum and there's even a hydra game of the two of us where we were scum where she literally posted once, and he's handwaving that as well. It's not an honest interaction with my slot: either his approach to this game was clearly defined before game as prevent RChydra from being in the coalition at all costs or he is scum.
[...]
I'd say my engagement with nsg has been pretty good, actually. That's mostly because she was willing to engage back.

I felt like this entire post is trying to stick what EP was accused of onto RCMA
What, in your opinion, was I accused of?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:34 am

HURT: Gamma, Spangled
Gamma just seems to be poking holes in what everyone is saying without actually giving a lot of information. I misread that earlier as him being inquisitive.

RCMA makes a good argument on Spangled. While I could still see town!Spangled over town Clemency and/or LUV, I'm not so attached to the idea of town!Spangled that I'll go to bat for him. I haven't done my ISO of Spangled yet, so I'll go ahead and let that sit in my growing to-do list.

HEAL: NC, RCMA [/quote]
I feel much better about NC than I do Gamma, so I'm happy to make the replacement here. As mentioned above, I'm planning to form a more detailed read here later.

I'm liking nsg's engagement, and her towniness outweighs my misgivings about RC.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 am

HEAL: NC, RCMA **
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 258, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:
How tho
See post . If you still don't agree in the similar reasoning, I'm happy to weigh in further.
I don't see what in 97 covers "looks like how scum treat me in other games"
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 259, EspressoPatronum wrote:
Spoiler:

[...]

On top of the "doing what scum do around me" thing, you also say "I engaged with NSG because she engaged back", which seems to be placing the blame on RC not engaging you for why you haven't really interacted, when that's not the case as I see it and RC had poked at you for refusing to interact with him except to call him scum.
<Embrace The Void>

EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 am

In post 263, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 259, EspressoPatronum wrote:
Spoiler:

[...]

On top of the "doing what scum do around me" thing, you also say "I engaged with NSG because she engaged back", which seems to be placing the blame on RC not engaging you for why you haven't really interacted, when that's not the case as I see it and RC had poked at you for refusing to interact with him except to call him scum.
Before I answer your question fully, I want to make sure we're both on the same page.
1. Is it fair to say that your answer to my question is: EP was accused of not engaging + am now trying to pin that on RCMA?
2. Have you recently read my ISO, or are you engaging with me right now based off your recollection of events?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 243, RC most awesomest wrote:
In post 234, Spangled wrote:I would disagree about ‘having no personal stake’ in the discussion; I very clearly had a stake in the discussion or I would not have asked RC to stop hounding EP in the way they were. If I were scum, I would have no reason to want that to stop; I would make no comment, indeed have no reason to want to appear to be contributing to the discussion in a positive manner — after all, there were (and are) a few people pretty much flat out ignoring this particular discussion (Alchemist being, I think, the best example).

TL;DR: me!scum want counterproductive, but me!town want no counterproductive. other scum ignore counterproductive; they not make comment
i disagree – i think that whatever benefit to town could potentially arise out of your attempt to prevent something seen as counterproductive, the gains you would make as scum in appearing to be playing pro-town would outweigh them. perhaps especially so in a setup like this where being townread is of the upmost importance, rather than just going under the radar.

-nsg
Fair enough; attempting conciliation between two people — or whatever it was that I was doing; that description is close enough — could be an action taken by scum. But here is my question to you — how much more likely do you think that it comes from scum than town, and can you see how it
might
come from town?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

1: yes
2: I have not read your ISO yet.
<Embrace The Void>

Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 244, NC 39 wrote: not a big fan of Gamma randomly trying to apply pressure to me.
I don’t really like this... applying pressure is almost always an action town takes...
Or was it how he applied pressure that you didn’t like?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 246, RC most awesomest wrote:
In post 232, Spangled wrote:I would like to offer an opinion, here — that maybe some of the fairly inactive people could be scum here, doing the same thing you’re accusing me of doing; coasting, hoping I get lynched today and generally sheeping you, hiding behind the reasoning of how you’re ‘just that awesomely good’, and then maybe letting you lynch EP, and then shooting you N2 once you’ve served your purpose. Or maybe shooting you N1 if Coffeelad is, actually, scum, or if you change your mind or something, I don’t know.
This is not me saying you’re bad at the game, either RC or nsg — but scum can use people whose reads are pointed in the wrong direction.
inactive scum lose day one in this setup, if past results are in any way indicative of the future.

i'm not sure i understand what exactly you're trying to impart upon me here? mind elaborating?

-nsg
Not really sure what I was trying to say there in its’ entirety, actually — that was a ‘I should have been asleep’ kind of post.
But the core of it is that there are, what, three inactive people — none of whom I’d really trust in a coalition, just because of their inactivity; they haven’t posted enough for any kind of read. In this case, especially with RCMA and EP and me and RCMA going at each other hammer and tongs, if we (or one of us) is not scum, then there
are
scum who feel that they are just fine being inactive and sheeping you.

And can you see a me/EP scumteam?
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:10 am

Post by RC most awesomest »

By misgivings about me what you mean is ignoring all the data points in favor of me being town, correct?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 250, Alchemist21 wrote:You’ve asked me exactly one thing and in the very next post Gamma pointed out your question had been answered already.
fair point I guess although you were plenty of capable of expanding on why you didn't have a town read on us and we are close to DL so isn't about time to start sharing your view of the gamestate?
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:37 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 267, Spangled wrote:
In post 244, NC 39 wrote: not a big fan of Gamma randomly trying to apply pressure to me.
I don’t really like this... applying pressure is almost always an action town takes...
CLEARLY.
CLEARLY

this is something scum never do.

of course, you have the "almost always" defense setup.

In post 170, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, NC 39 feels off to me.
In post 184, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm concerned about how they're, like, sliding alongside me
Feels like buddying.
These are just weak accusations that he hasn't backed up at all.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 am

Post by RC most awesomest »

I chose not to post my 1500 word rant.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 271, NC 39 wrote:
In post 267, Spangled wrote:
CLEARLY.
CLEARLY

this is something scum never do.

of course, you have the "almost always" defense setup.

In post 170, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, NC 39 feels off to me.
In post 184, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm concerned about how they're, like, sliding alongside me
Feels like buddying.
These are just weak accusations that he hasn't backed up at all.
Okay. You don't think you responding to a question directed at me and reacting with blank (undetailed) abjection to Alchemist saying your and my slot weren't towny enough for a coalition looked a little off to me? And like Spangled has a point, your suspicion of me is pretty weak itself.
<Embrace The Void>

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Quick! Someone pass me the aux cord!