Mini Normal 2098 - Game Over! (Mafia Won)

Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.10

Mohab500 (2) - Billy Pilgrim, Kraeg
Skellen (0) -
Luca Blight (0) -
Garmr (0) -
Emperor FlippyNips (1) - profii
profii (0) -
NorwegianboyEE (0) -
Kraeg (1) - Garmr
Billy Pilgrim (0) -

Not Voting: Luca Blight, Emperor FlippyNips, NorwegianboyEE, Mohab500, Skellen

ACTIVITY NOTES:
Luca Blight is V/LA through Monday, Sept 9

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Friday, September 13th at 10:00 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2019-09-13 10:00:00)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:50 am

Post by profii »

In post 371, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh never mind you split them into 2 groups for some other reason.
Yeah- if we believe the claim and Kraeg is town, as I have said there was a lot of people pushing him, ergo scum dont need to risk having 2 players on the wagon

Ergo scum in {billy/luca} imo likely billy, but there wont be appetite for off wagon voting today so I'm not going to make a big deal for now
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 357, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 352, Kraeg wrote:I'm the
Town Roleblocker

I don't want this slot to die so I guess I really have to do this. I'm hoping that there's a doctor who will protect me at night. If ever I do get killed tonight, the wagon on me says a lot about who's scum here. I'm confident that the scum team is on my wagon and I will be roleblocking one of them tonight.
Ugh, I hate this claim.

Can you please explain why you were playing so strangely like all of D1? You came in guns blazing almost trying to draw attention to yourself. What's the point of that playstyle with your role?

Also, Garmr, is this the type of role you had in mind?
Sounds like a scum role. It doesn't make me want to unvote him.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 362, Mohab500 wrote:To an extent I agree with the arguments Luca pulls up against Garmr, such as the stuff about speculating over PR for example. But mainly; It is true that both Luca and Garmr inherit somewhat defensive tones during their exchange, but I find Luca's tone more natural compared to Garmr's; thoughts seem more precise and simple, while Garmr's thoughts seem far reached and more like they're looking for stuff from the game or their posts to clear their name. I usually dislike that kind of approach because I feel that very often, town has more straight forward motivations so Garmr just kind of ends up on my wrong side.
No offence but this is pretty bs. None of my thoughts were far reached and they were pretty all grounded. I thought you would have a actual reason to scum read me. You cna be null scum with kreag,
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Garmr »

No offence but all the unvotes on kreag seems like a noob thing to do. Like his probably claimed his real role but his scum which is why he took so long to actually claim because he was deciding to claim his real role or not. Town kreag would of claimed straight away.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I was considering sheeping Profii on voting Emperor, but that just feels dishonest to myself. I still want to see his memes and gifs... :/
That leaves Billy Pilgrim.

After looking at Billy's iso i realize there's so much i don't like about his posts.
In post 35, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Not a fan of Norweigenboy's defensive tone, and definitely not a fan that he unvoted when getting pressure for voting.
This feels unnecessarily combative. Trying to paint my actions as "defensive" even though that is not how i felt at that point. He suggests my crappy first RVS vote apparently was such a big deal that i unvoted due to"pressure" which is a big misrepresentation. Kinda feels like he's trying to build a case out of nothing, i don't see why a townie would want to do this. Sure he gave up eventually, but still a weird way to start the day.

Post just generally pisses me off. "Why would we want you in LYLO?" Ugh. He's basically trying to paint a case about lynching me just because he claims that if i'm not scum i'm just a "bad townie". Either he wrote this post as a scum looking for easy mislynch or he is very arrogant and rude. Hoping for the former rather than the latter.
In post 286, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I also feel a bit weird about how focused Norwegian and Kraeg have been on each other. I don't want them both in a LYLO situation at all.
^Creating a "We need to lynch either Norwegian or Kraeg!" situation. Again with the LYLO bullcrap.

Spoiler:
In post 319, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Kraeg, you're at L-1. Someone who isn't on your wagon at the moment gave intent already when you were at L-1. You've seemed pretty uncommitted to the game. You planning on defending yourself, or have you given up?
In post 336, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Kraeg, could you at least attempt to defend yourself? If I don't see anything from you in 24 hours Im probably gonna give intent (or at least put you back to L-1 if you're not there. Because I think at that point you've been at L-1 or close for close to 48 hours.
In post 344, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 342, Kraeg wrote:If I get to L-1 again, I'll roleclaim.

I reread the votes on me. Most of it are just based on gut feelings and on how I voted Norwegian after RVS. I don't think I deserve to get lynched because of that. I think I'm becoming an easy lynch. I wouldn't be surprised if two of the scum is on my wagon.

I'm going to go ahead and VOTE: Mohab500.

I don't think he's genuine. He's been sheeping everyone.
Well I now think a Kraeg flip would help me sort Mohab's slot better.

Mohab, you have been kinda sheepy. Can you do a better job explaining your Garmr scum read as well as your Kraeg vote?

^For someone who's been defending Kraeg and suggesting the wagon on him seems "suspicious" and "scum is definitely on the wagon" he still gives intent and makes it perfectly clear he's willing to hammer Kraeg as long as he feels he has a good enough excuse to do it.
In post 359, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 356, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mohab, assuming Kraeg is town and not fake claiming. Who do you think is the most suspicious? And do you have any specific townreads?
You pivoted almost immediately from Kraeg to Mohab. Why?
^Suggesting i did something i didn't. I've been very neutral on mohab, only having light suspicions at best.

Also of interest regarding the "Billy or Emperor" conundrum, Billy has at one point voted Emperor, but Emperor has not voted for Billy.

VOTE: Billy Pilgrim
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 am

Post by profii »

In post 379, Garmr wrote:No offence but all the unvotes on kreag seems like a noob thing to do. Like his probably claimed his real role but his scum which is why he took so long to actually claim because he was deciding to claim his real role or not. Town kreag would of claimed straight away.
yeah thats a good point i hadnt considered to be fair
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Mohab500 »

It's Kraeg + Garmr.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Mohab500 »

VOTE: Kraeg
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:16 am

Post by profii »

In post 382, Mohab500 wrote:It's Kraeg + Garmr.
In post 383, Mohab500 wrote:VOTE: Kraeg
So you decided to remove your vote, as did nearly the entire wagon, but then you have decided that Garmrs point is valid but he is also scum at the same time?

Explain?
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Mohab500 »

In post 384, profii wrote:
In post 382, Mohab500 wrote:It's Kraeg + Garmr.
In post 383, Mohab500 wrote:VOTE: Kraeg
So you decided to remove your vote, as did nearly the entire wagon, but then you have decided that Garmrs point is valid but he is also scum at the same time?

Explain?
Actually, it's unrelated to Garmr's point.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Mohab500 »

And it wouldn't be a contradiction if it were, by the way.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:12 am

Post by profii »

Well tell us more
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Mohab500 »

Actually, it is related. I got confused, sorry. But it's not really about his point being correct.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Garmr »

Lol here we are again with people trying to link kreag as scum with others.

I had a gut feeling mohab might be town when they pushed on me because the timing wouldn't be good for scum before but they overplayed it.
In post 362, Mohab500 wrote:To an extent I agree with the arguments Luca pulls up against Garmr, such as the stuff about speculating over PR for example. But mainly; It is true that both Luca and Garmr inherit somewhat defensive tones during their exchange, but I find Luca's tone more natural compared to Garmr's; thoughts seem more precise and simple, while Garmr's thoughts seem far reached and more like they're looking for stuff from the game or their posts to clear their name. I usually dislike that kind of approach because I feel that very often, town has more straight forward motivations so Garmr just kind of ends up on my wrong side.
Think everyones established that speculating power roles would be null for me. Because there's no scum motivation in there and as others pointed out Luca was incapable of thinking up a scum motivation when I was in my scenario. So this just seems to me your trying to sheep someone else's logic with out thinking about it. Town would of pondered about it unless it was insti decision but you had time to reflect and read the discussions about it.

I'm calling you out on the far reached thing as well. None of my points were actually reaching. Luca opening being as empty as skellens check, His reponse to that was to make a case against me and act aggressive check, Accused me of surface level play which can easily be debated wrong thus painting a image of me that didn't exist check.

Fuck I even through in the trying to clear his name because he was re using my points in scenarios that didn't make sense. Can you link examples of posts of were I'm trying to clear my name or are you throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

Finally why would I be trying to clear my name? I started the engagement with Luca I was pretty much being mass town read outloud in the thread at that point.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m choosing to believe Kraeg is town for now. If he doesn’t die in the next couple of nights it’s reasonable to assume he’s scum after all. But for now i think Billy and Mohab is the most suspicious. Mohab’s proposed scumlink between Garmr and Kraeg is weird and makes no sense to me. I’m willing to vote either of the two right now.
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Kraeg »

I was still hoping that people would put me out of L-1 that's why I didn't roleclaim immediately but when Garmr I said nevermind I'll just do it.

I did not intend to be aggro at the start. It was just an RVS thing. I want to keep this slot from getting lynched as long as I can. I'm trying to avoid long arguments and wanted to keep things simple but the opposite thing happened so I had no choice but to roleclaim.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Garmr »

Question does Kreag and mohab seem like cheap scum theatre?
Kraeg
Kraeg
Goon
Kraeg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Kraeg »

In post 363, Mohab500 wrote:
In post 356, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mohab, assuming Kraeg is town and not fake claiming. Who do you think is the most suspicious? And do you have any specific townreads?
I don't specifically read anyone as town, but I do lean town on Skellen; Also had a lean on Billy but I am a bit split on that atm. I'll elaborate and sort everyone else later.

As for who is most suspicious, probably Garmr then?
And then on your next post after this, you voted me?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I need to re-read everyone's isos. I'm not all that satisfied with Kraeg's defense. To say he didn't mean to be aggro at the start and that it was just an RVS thing sounds untrue. Your first aggro post was 63 where you shaded V/LA. I don't think your vote on Norwegian was aggro. I think it was a bad reason, but not aggro. I think your post 25 was not understanding site culture, but again not really aggro, but then 106 he explained his opening due to his serious style. But then 184, he wants to avoid talking about his rvs vote, and then he's already talking about how he's comfortable with a lynch less than 200 posts in. Then gone for 36 hours, then ends up in a 1on 1 with Norwegian. Then, despite someone telling him there was no need to claim until someone gave intent, and that he should try and defend himself, he outted that role.

I think that's a weird roleclaim. It's kinda weak. I hope that's not our only or, but if it is, it means scum doesn't have much power at all either. I don't know why that would be the claim you make if it's fake. I mean he kinda has to be the NK, because there's a 1/4 chance he hits scum with his role and may break up the NK that way (unless they have a roleblocker, then they can keep him alive for M-L bait). So I don't know why scum would fake claim that. If someone with more experience wants to explain it to me, I'm open. But I'm kinda inclined to believe it. I hate the timing, claiming something when there isn't intent, but I don't see why scum would fakeclaim that role at that time. I guess Garmr's theory makes sense but that seems about it.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 360, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 355, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 349, profii wrote:
In post 348, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Kraeg town= Mohab sus
If Kraeg scum= Billy sus.

Either a town victory or good information on who’s scum. Win-win.
I dont like this post at all
Yeah, if he's scum he is setting up a mis-lynch for day 2. I mean I'm probably suspicious if Kraeg flips red, that much I get, but why is Mohab the only suspect in a green Kraeg flip?
Yeah it’s kinda incomplete, i just wrote that in a hurry because i wanted Kraeg to feel pressured into roleclaiming.
Why did you want him to feel pressured into a claim before he was at L-1 and intent had been given?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 361, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 359, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
You pivoted almost immediately from Kraeg to Mohab. Why?
If Kraeg isn’t lying he’ll most likely get nightkilled anyway. So i think we should look for another target. If he doesn’t then he will seem more scummy as time goes on right?
Why were you so willing to believe that claim? I mean it was almost immediate. You didn't give us any of your thoughts on whether the claim was genuine. Why were you so quick to believe it?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 369, profii wrote:
In post 321, profii wrote:
In post 319, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Kraeg, you're at L-1. Someone who isn't on your wagon at the moment gave intent already when you were at L-1. You've seemed pretty uncommitted to the game. You planning on defending yourself, or have you given up?
This is important actually

We have 4 on wagon. Flippy and myself were (are?) Still willing to vote once we thrash it out

That is 6/9 - what does this mean? Few scenarios:

1. Scum team is within {Kraeg / Luca / Billy} as all other players have recently been on the wagon (I haven't checked the 2 ISOs for scum reads on Kraeg either so there is that)

2. As per Billy post, Kraeg has literally given up and scum are either already bussing or showing an intent to bus (if it's me or flippy for sake of thoroughness)

3. We are wrong and kraeg town

I'm leaning towards 2 but 3 keeps pinging in my mind because when you are lynching scum obviously scum resist and with so many people circling above Kraeg I wonder if we are straying from 2 to 3
I'm just going to revisit my theory here because I believe the claim as I already felt like too many people wanted that lynch.

That means we have a player list as follows:

Now I'm making the assumption I Kraeg is town, so I can remove him and myself from the analysis here on in:.

So i've split the remaining people into 2 camps:

No interest in voting:
3) Luca Blight
9) Billy Pilgrim

At some point interested in voting:
1) Mohab500
2) Skellen
4) Garmr
5) Emperor FlippyNips
7) NorwegianboyEE

so let's consider as the newbie game is 2v7, until we kill 2 scum and the game doesnt end, I'll assume we are too. So, would we expect to see 2 scum within a pile of 5 players trying to get Kraeg to go through? Given Kraeg wasn't oozing town, I dont think scum would feel the need to do so, therefore, let's consider the scum team being split across the 2 groups:

I went back to my 'stream of consciousness post' regarding Billy on Kraeg - I initially thought that scum!billy was defending scum!kraeg but it turns out billy had communicated a certain scummyness about Kraeg so there is a risk that Billy is positioning himself somewhere where he could say Kraeg is town or scum and not draw a high level of scrutiny. This is a problem.

But let's compare that to Luca - looking through the ISO, Luca barely comments on Kraeg, addressing a specific read only once and says "feels naturally scummy to me" but there is little content here

If the cookie crumbled and we were voting off wagon, I'd be picking Billy because his content in respect to Kraeg already alarmed me but I dont think that this the sensible play today so I will park this analysis and look on wagon a bit more...

Garmr seems an interesting one to go first,
I immediately recall Garmr saying Kraeg might have been puling a slayers gambit, ergo inferring Kraeg was probably town. So the first thing I want to consider is why was he on this wagon in the first place? Let's look:
first thing that strikes me is very early in the game Garmr considered Kraeg may have a PR...
He then gets into it with Luca and I'll not drag that back up, defends himself against Billys vote...
Ultimately he 're reads flippy' then votes Kraeg to L-1 him again.
The latest read list was Luca!scum, kraeg!null-scum, EFN!null - so whilst I acknowledge that no one was going for luca and your vote has to go somewhere, I am not sure how the reread enables the Kraeg vote - it strikes me a little bit of L-1 to get the claim out which is obviously scummy...

Mohab next,
So there isn't much to go on but there I'm actually ok with this slot:
he picks up Garmr is scummy for the similar reasons i mentioned above so i like that.
i looked at some of mohabs previous play, i could find 1 scum game and his posting is distinctly more wall post-y compared to this/his past games so i am actually going to give him a meta tick in the town box there (only because there is so little to go on)
overall it's kinda what i'd expect from a relatively new player but the points above aren't making me vote here really...

Skellen,
i think in the majority of skellens posts there is clear thought on how to process each subject she is talking about, this is just oozing town and I'm too lazy to say much more as it seems a bit pointless given how obvious it is ha. So that's all you're getting right now.

EFN,
ok so EFN is crusing for the early parts of this game which is a worry
He also says he struggles to read Skellen when he usually can which is really at odds with what I just said so that is a problem for me.
He also puts Kraeg at L-1 with no real prior exception to the slot, this is a red flag
I really dont like the post where EFN says he just wants a kill

ok so that's a slot for vote consideration...

Finally, Norge,
he is consistently scum reading Kraeg all through the day, my issue with this is that Kraeg never really posted enough content to warrant such a 'grudge like' long term scum read (imo) so i could never understand it. I think Norge has shown he plays the game more 'off the cuff' and we'd never expect him to go back through iso/old games to find out more info so it's a bit what you see is what you get - he kinda summarises some of the other events in the game such as the 1v1 so it shows he is paying attention but i think he is just the type of person i never read well... If i advocated for his lynch it would be policy so I'd need other to convince me here...

so in conclusion, I think I need to make my mind up between Garmr and EFN and it is almost a coin toss tbh.

Gonna go for

VOTE: EFN
I don't know what your group of "no interest in voting group" meant. I did say that I'd either give intent or put him at L-1 if he didn't post a defense in 24 hours. So you can safely say that I was on the wagon. And it seems like you found at least one taker in Norwegian, so if you want to push me, I'm interested in reading the case.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 372, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I kinda want to believe Mohab is innocent based on gut feeling.
So that means i'd probably pick out either Billy Pilgrim or Emperor from the roster.
Not sure who i'd vote for yet.
Explain how you got from 348 to 368 to 372. Because presumably you sorted Kraeg as town from your response to the role claim. So why did Mohab go from being suspect to now inno?

In 380, I don't believe I've voted you once, so how was I trying to build a case off of your early actions?

Yes I know I pissed you off by saying that I didn't want you in LYLO, and I honestly hope you considered why. This is a team game. Your nonchalance about being consistently misread when town is anti-town. I don't know if you've made a LYLO yet, but they're fucking hard. I've made 2. I won one and lost the other. And the one I lost was because I misread the slot. So yeah, if we get to LYLO, I'm worried that Im likely to make a mistake reading your slot. I also think half your reads are based on how you are emotionally reacting to a given player and that's not a good proxy for someone being scum. I think your case against me is a good example of that, because I pissed you off with my post. And again, I didn't vote you. So I wasn't trying to Lynch you.

I don't understand your argument about my Kraeg progression. And I don't understand why you bolded my comment about Mohab. I felt like that was pretty obvious. As Kraeg is at L-1 he voted Mohab. That's a very important interaction so yes, his flip would help sort Mohab.

Also, my question about the quick pivot was more directed to why you didn't first analyze the claim. You aggressively pushed him to claim, then you just went on with a new focus. I don't know why you didn't even try to sort the claim first.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Garmr »

sigh another game with legit bad town desicions this is demotivating

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”