Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 492, Spangled wrote:
In post 470, Alchemist21 wrote:The more it went on the more it seemed to me that NC 39/Gamma interaction was T/S. Gamma being willing to reconsider makes them look better but at this point I think I’m pretty confident in calling NC 39 Town.

HEAL: NC 39
Can you talk about this, Alchemist?
You say that NC 39/Gamma is t/s, but then that Gamma is looking better, but then that NC 39 is town? I don’t know about you, but that seems like a contradiction in terms. Am I missing something here?
It did look like Gamma was misrepping NC 39’s posts. I think the fact that Gamma backed off is a good look and could be Town willing to reconsider but it is possible that it was scum backing off because they realized it wasn’t doing anything but making themselves look worse.

And when I said Gamma is looking better I meant better than they were, not better than NC 39.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 481, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:When I signed up for this game I didn’t think there was going to be an insane amount of focus on winning Day 1. I actually thought we would just scum hunt normally and once we have decided on a lynch together, put the towniest people in a coalition and hope for the best. I don’t think having this belief or approach makes me scum.
This seems genuine. I guess it makes LUV look better but I don't feel like it's enough to just drop my concerns.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 496, NC 39 wrote:As for Gamma, ISO’d a few of their scumgames and I didn’t see this kind of re-evaluation in any of them. His play has been extremely baffling to me but that did read sincere to me, so I honestly don’t know what to think about it.
Which games did you read? EP asked for scumgames so I want to know if there might be some dark horse picks.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 508, Spangled wrote:
In post 505, Hectic wrote:@Spangled: my 'case' on Alchemist was me trying to find how everything he was saying could be perceived as scummy. i did say specify that before i think and i'm not really convinced on him at all
Hectic, if I see this (below), what else am I supposed to think than that it’s a kind ‘relevatory scumread’?
In post 473, Hectic wrote: - snipped case on Alch -
that's all, think i've convinced myself a little with that actually lol
Want to speak up on this, Spangled's like, summary of what happened last page made realize Hectic's actions were pretty bad. I agree it probably makes Hectic and Alchemist TvS, don't think scum would do that to a partner, but I haven't thought that over too much.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 517, Spangled wrote:Actually, I want a readslist from everyone, including would/would not include in coalition.
My thinking rn
Town, would include in coalition: myself, RCMA, Spangled, EP
Town, would not include in coalition: Hectic OR Alchemist, YAG
Null: NC 39
Scum: LUV, Hectic OR Alchemist
Fyi YAG is in the tier she is because I don't think anyone has discussed her as a coalition option and I'm trying to be mindful of the collective here.
<Embrace The Void>

NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:47 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 525, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 470, Alchemist21 wrote:The more it went on the more it seemed to me that NC 39/Gamma interaction was T/S. Gamma being willing to reconsider makes them look better but at this point I think I’m pretty confident in calling NC 39 Town.

You say that NC 39/Gamma is t/s, but then that Gamma is looking better, but then that NC 39 is town? I don’t know about you, but that seems like a contradiction in terms. Am I missing something here?
It did look like Gamma was misrepping NC 39’s posts. I think the fact that Gamma backed off is a good look and could be Town willing to reconsider but it is possible that it was scum backing off because they realized it wasn’t doing anything but making themselves look worse.

And when I said Gamma is looking better I meant better than they were, not better than NC 39.
How are you currently reading GREAT, LUV? Tbf, GREAT hasn’t been online, since Gamma re-evaluation but I definitely thought it strange that LUV completely ignored it.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 527, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 496, NC 39 wrote:As for Gamma, ISO’d a few of their scumgames and I didn’t see this kind of re-evaluation in any of them. His play has been extremely baffling to me but that did read sincere to me, so I honestly don’t know what to think about it.
Which games did you read? EP asked for scumgames so I want to know if there might be some dark horse picks.
I briefly skimmed your ISO in Dunn’s large and Ircher’s mini, as well as 2 of your scumgames that I was in: CoH and PFUPs, so if you have re-evaluated as scum before, I didn’t find it in those games.

I didn’t reread YGM where you were town but I recall you were doing that quite a bit in that game. Maybe, you can elaborate more on your thought process wrt my posts.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 am

Post by NC 39 »

This would really help me to correctly parse you because I do agree with Alchemist wrt to my feeling you were definitely misrepping some of my posts.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.13

Mod notes: Prodding RC most awesomest and YOUAREGREAT

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
EspressoPatronum (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
NC 39 (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
Spangled (5): EspressoPatronum, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled, YOUAREGREAT

Alchemist21 (4): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): RC most awesomest, Alchemist21

YOUAREGREAT (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum
Hectic (2): YOUAREGREAT, Spangled
Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (2): NC 39, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Do you mean Dunn's mini and Ircher's large? I don't remember any large by Dunn.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for my thought process with your post I agree I was misrepping them, because I let OMGUS color my view of your slot. After clearing my head a little I righted myself. Don't know if that answers your question but it's what I want to say rn.
<Embrace The Void>

NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:36 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 534, Gamma Emerald wrote:Do you mean Dunn's mini and Ircher's large? I don't remember any large by Dunn.
Was that 323 or am I confusing that with the mini? Could be. :lol:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The only Ircher mini I remember being involved in is one I was backup mod for also
<Embrace The Void>

NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:56 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 537, Gamma Emerald wrote:The only Ircher mini I remember being involved in is one I was backup mod for also
I probably mixed them up.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 535, Gamma Emerald wrote:As for my thought process with your post I agree I was misrepping them, because I let OMGUS color my view of your slot. After clearing my head a little I righted myself. Don't know if that answers your question but it's what I want to say rn.
Thinking on this idk if OMGUS is the right term but I got put onto a bad foot for reading NC 39 by how they interacted with me. One thing I'm perceiving is it seems after my epiphany Nancy is the one primarily engaging with me, don't believe Nero has talked at me once since then. Not a point for or against them, just interesting.
<Embrace The Void>

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 530, NC 39 wrote:

How are you currently reading GREAT, LUV? Tbf, GREAT hasn’t been online, since Gamma re-evaluation but I definitely thought it strange that LUV completely ignored it.
Great is null but I still don’t trust the wifom of their entrance.

I just made a post saying I’m Townreading LUV.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

prod acknowledged, it's been a busy past couple of days. i'll get my head back in this game tomorrow.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 510, Spangled wrote:@GREAT
A readslist, please? And a coalition, maybe?
my readlist here still mostly stands:
In post 419, YOUAREGREAT wrote:after doing some cursory re-reading, my thoughts right now are:

spangled town

expresso town

gamma null-leaning town

alchemist null

RC null

LUV null-leaning scum

NC leaning-mafia

hectic mafia

i'm happy to discuss any of these reads, but i don't have the energy right now to explain all of them at once. they're subject to change, too.
but in particular, i'm feeling that it's not likely for NC and hectic to both be scum here. i'm thinking of replacing NC with alchemist on my list.

in addition, i think that LUV is most likely town now. i take back my leaning-scum read on him.

without having done too much re-reading, my coalition would look like this right now:

spangled, expresso, gamma, LUV, and RC (but i'm reluctant about RC)
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 540, Alchemist21 wrote:

Yes, I realize. I just don’t understand their read progression on either me or Gamma and why he didn’t comment on his re-evaluation. How familiar are you with his play? The only game I was in with him, he didn’t post too much and repped out early iirc. He did come across as very natural, so I should probably take another look at his ISO.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 542, YOUAREGREAT wrote:
In post 419, YOUAREGREAT wrote:after doing some cursory re-reading, my thoughts right now are:

spangled town

expresso town

gamma null-leaning town

alchemist null

RC null

LUV null-leaning scum

NC leaning-mafia

hectic mafia

i'm happy to discuss any of these reads, but i don't have the energy right now to explain all of them at once. they're subject to change, too.
but in particular, i'm feeling that it's not likely for NC and hectic to both be scum here. i'm thinking of replacing NC with alchemist on my list.

in addition, i think that LUV is most likely town now. i take back my leaning-scum read on him.

without having done too much re-reading, my coalition would look like this right now:

Okay, I will grant LUV a but of a pass but now that GREAT has checked in, why no mention of Gamma’s re-evaluation? Because, it’s pretty much what Alchemist, Gamma and me have been discussing for the last few posts.

@GREAT, considering I was the one to draw attention to suspicious number of sr on LUV and especially in YOUR case, since you acknowledged mindmelding with me on that, how am I still a scumlean for you? Or am I a null for you, rn? I’m confused. I also don’t understand what your read on me has jack to do with Hecking. Can you please explain why your read on my slot is connected to him in any way?

And you seem very solid on Gamma and given that he has now acknowledged that he did in fact, misrep some of my posts, due to his issues with Nero, how doesn’t that impact your read on my slot in the slightest?

I’m not really liking the fact that this is having no impact on your read on me but you’re nullreading me solely because of Hectic?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 434, YOUAREGREAT wrote:
In post 405, NC 39 wrote:
In post 384, Hectic wrote:
In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
this feels towny as well unless LUV is transparent enough as scum to show outrage at something like this
I’m not impressed by his underestimating of the value of the coalition or his RCMA tr, Had he given it at the time I asked him or earlier, I’d feel better about it. However, it’s slightly concerning to me that LUV seems to be sr by almost everyone but RCMA.
i actually agree with your thoughts on LUV, which is why i've backed off my scumread on him a bit. he had a few posts that pinged me as scummy but i feel like he's an easy target and is essentially mislynch bait right now.

as for why i null-read RC and scumread hectic, i just explained.
In post 542, YOUAREGREAT wrote:

spangled town

expresso town

gamma null-leaning town

alchemist null

RC null

LUV null-leaning scum

NC leaning-mafia

hectic mafia

I will probably try to be more concise in my analysis of both of these posts but I don’t have time rn.

I think that based on 434 and Gamma’s re-evaluation, I find you nullreading me based on Hectic as opposed to this, concerning.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 542, YOUAREGREAT wrote:without having done too much re-reading, my coalition would look like this right now:

Why aren’t you putting yourself into your own coalition?

Hectic, your #1 sr only did that AFTER some other players expressed possible objections to him being in it but only Alchemist and myself are the only ones actually, taking issue with your being in it. Considering the fact that you’re now apparently sr Alchemist and only nullreading me because of Hectic, why would you exclude yourself?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 543, NC 39 wrote:
In post 540, Alchemist21 wrote:

Yes, I realize. I just don’t understand their read progression on either me or Gamma and why he didn’t comment on his re-evaluation. How familiar are you with his play? The only game I was in with him, he didn’t post too much and repped out early iirc. He did come across as very natural, so I should probably take another look at his ISO.
How familiar am I with LUV’s play? I’ve played with him a few times I don’t have much of an impression of it.
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by RC most awesomest »

HEAL: luv

i think is a townpost

-nsg
RC most awesomest