MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 am

Post by MariaR »

Scum is too easy and boring for me now. I can still be fun it just depends on my mood. Right now I'm in a serious mood I don't like filler posting that much.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh, I forgot, yeah you did

You just called me anti-town bc I was (correctly) TRing PB while you (incorrectly) scumread him

That was while you weren’t busy pushing RCE (mason) and i was pushing FL (scum)

Yes maria I was so antitown that game however did I forget
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

Post by xofelf »

I have been reading but haven't had time to really weigh in much, but I am gonna address this. No promises on coherence, it's been a long day.
In post 275, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Okay so, went climbing yesterday, I'm tired and sore, but Xof has major scum equity this game so I was taking an eye on her entrance and it's not impressive. It sounds like Xof, but almost like the viewpoint wasn't generated by her.

Kind of like the viewpoint was generated by committee with some help from an evil tree, actually.

Also it's super non-committal, which isn't EXACTLY outside town!Xof's range to open into this game, but it's certainly just on the edge of it, where as it lands SPECIFICALLY in the range for scum!Xof's game, abusing (as she should) her status as newly returning to mafia as a weapon to evade a lot of criticism.

The post is just not good. Tonally, it reeks of sidelining, and is phrased in a way that leaves just enough opportunity open to be corrected or deflected if needed.

Look at the following statements:

"I'm not saying she's scummy, just something about the tone is registering strangely to me."
"I don't think just Pine will use it that way, but everybody honestly could."
"I realize this really isn't all that much of real substance or anything, but this is what I'm thinking so far,"

there's more of this word optimization in there as well, but these are the clear examples where Xof espouses an opinion and then, to ensure that she isn't seen to be pushing an agenda too hard, she dilutes the opinion with a defensive statement of uncertainty.

Given Xof is mainly a survivor player, I can tell you with decent certainty that if a survivor player started talking like this, it's because they have an agenda and don't wanna be caught pushing it too hard. It's a
disarming
tactic, to get people to feel less concerned.

And I think it means she's pretty easily scum here. Pine has equity to pick her, plain and simple, because her renewal into Mafia makes her an unappetizing target to lynch early on and buys her time. Her post was not just weak, but weak with an agenda which makes me feel very nauseated towards it, and her tonality matches that of someone with something to hide.

My question is if people will have the guts to lynch her Day 1 or nah. Y'all gonna feel bad for her, or y'all wanna win this fucking game son?

Vote:Xof
You know, comparing how I post to how I would in Survivor is very fair. A lot of how I post and think in games is influenced by how many of those I've played. But you're wrong, this isn't scumXof, because I'm not scum. You're not wrong that I was distancing a little, that's usually how I start in games in general. Since it seems you have an idea of what my town and scum meta are(have we played together before? I don't actually remember), you should know that I rarely take hard stances or push anything. Those are my viewpoints on what I think. And I do have an agenda, it's to win with my town friends and actually be an active part of that happening for once. I think your reasons for why Pine might pick me are fair, but he didn't, and I imagine he went through my last few games and saw regardless of alignment or playerlist, the way I tend to play gets me targetted as scummy fairly early and why would he want the attention on someone from his team when he can leave me as town where people are going to push for me and it'll let his scumteam go largely unnoticed? I don't have anything to hide though. I'm just an indecisive person who does a lot of observing and gut feelings as she plays.

All that being said, I do genuinely think you believe this and you aren't scum looking for an easy target since you're one of the few people here who are familiar with me at all. You're wrong though, but I can see how you got here.

I appreciate your defense of me Ali <3.

I also got a message about being a long shot to play, and a pleasant surprise, and how my mangled bones would be good fertilizer for the next generation of seedlings. I feel so honoured and blessed.

Handful of thoughts on various people:
I'm surprised there's been so little from DGB. She shows up to say she'll lynch lurkers, and only votes me, and gives absolutely nothing else. This isn't the DGB I remember.
Firebringer seems kinda fine. I don't know how he usually plays, but idk, feels null to town to me.
I like Maria. I feel good about where she's at and how she presents information.
Not sure I get why people are voting Menalque. He's null at worst for me.
I can't tell if I feel weird about theworst because he's just fairly busy or if he's scummy. I say he's less here and then looked at his ISO and he's sure posted a lot more than I expected he had. It's probably a bit pot/kettle, but most of his posts seem to be posts for the sake of posting and fairly filler. And that just raises some more flags for me.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

I find LLD's posts scummy in the sense that she seems uncomfortable not having control of the game. Both town!LLD and scum!LLD will dislike that but scum!LLD is the one that has less access to just letting the town drive a mislynch wagon off the bridge and taking control afterwards. MariaR's thought process is somewhat of a foil in that sense.

VOTE: Ankamius
Her pop-ins have not seemed very town-motivated to me, and her rapid transitioning from "Jingle doesn't give mastina vig" to "yes let's leash the vig I don't need to use hypotheticals to write this sentence" is potentially a scumslip.
Asking DGB for reads is meh. I can't understand having two lungs and a heart and wanting DGB to do a task you assigned to her rather than wanting DGB to do whatever DGB was initially inclined to do.
Bothering chennisden about townreading her seemed LAMIST.
Spotlighting my slot seems more like an effigy of townplay rather than townplay. popsofctown's stealth stat is zero. She knows I'm not going to stealth bomb this game. And her conclusions are contradictory, Firebringer's townread can't be valid because there's not enough data yet. Ok.. then there's not enough data yet to make me the topic of the next TED talk, so why do that?

I'm less inclined to lynch Menalque because regardless of his alignment Pine probably wants us to pay attention to him. I get pings both ways on the slot.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

the way people are acting around the worst wagon is giving me a strong case of conf bias right now and I am riding it.

anyone else feel as though people are distancing from the worst in a scummy way?

I mean outside of chickadee who is town and is just letting worstie buddy her
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh yeah, idk what's up with what Mastina is doing, but it more just seems bad than it does scummy.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 574, mastina wrote:
In post 573, Gamma Emerald wrote:I just got a message and now I'm scared
Oh I supposed that's something which should be claimed, yeah. Surprised Pine's willing to poke himself.

:P

(If you got a message you get this joke.)
me too
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I feel like pops should know better than to scumread me for those reasons but I'm not 100% sure on that (?)
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by chennisden »

iconeum's read is also completely made up btw but he's defending his friend menalque
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by chennisden »

read on me, that is.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 757, Ankamius wrote:I feel like pops should know better than to scumread me for those reasons but I'm not 100% sure on that (?)
I mean after the zeroth game of trying to read you without your alignment in my role PM, I still hadn't gotten the hang of how to read you yet, but somewhere between the zeroth and the zeroth game of reading your day 1 play I started picking up some of the patterns. Not everything, bits and pieces. But ever since the zeroth game, I've got your number witch, I can read you like a comic sans Neopets popup ad, and you should probably just selfvote in your opening post when you roll scum so you don't out your partners.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 706, Pine wrote:So it stops being special, everyone got their own personal taunt (or dark contract) and all of them were signed identically.
I, for one, thought my taunt and/or contract was very special <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also I have 2 pretty free days coming up so I'll start actually playing, and might even read up, soon.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 752, xofelf wrote:I'm surprised there's been so little from DGB. She shows up to say she'll lynch lurkers, and only votes me, and gives absolutely nothing else. This isn't the DGB I remember.
I can't tell if I feel weird about theworst because he's just fairly busy or if he's scummy. I say he's less here and then looked at his ISO and he's sure posted a lot more than I expected he had. It's probably a bit pot/kettle, but most of his posts seem to be posts for the sake of posting and fairly filler. And that just raises some more flags for me.
I like these reads
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

good work xofelf
GTKAS
| here.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 654, Alisae wrote:I’ll stop shoving my weight around tho
I shouldn’t be doing that considering this playerlist and its too early for that when I am negative utility read wise d1 but definitely have other uses and I should focus on those.
LLD if you could explain moreso what you’re feeling when it comes to everyone else? I know you said you don’t like it but what are you seeing that I’m not seeing that you dislike?
You want it, coming up.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

In post 37, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Firebringer
In post 38, Firebringer wrote:what up jjh
In post 39, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Firebringer
Here's a series of posts from, in order

Someone who voted in a reactionary form

The player's reaction

and Maria being town and turning it into a pressure situation.

But JJH's vote here is #not good and gives me the fucking creeps. Infact, a lot of JJH's vote hoping has given me the creeps. Let's go explore that momentarily.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

is it weird neither lld or grey ice has said a thing about each other or that just me?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 766, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:and Maria being town and turning it into a pressure situation.
really? cause I never felt pressure from my wagon and def not from marias empty vote.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I guess that's sort of a lie, I felt pressure from alisae that kind of annoyed me, but since he can't vote is that really from my wagon?
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:43 pm

In post 8, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Krazy
In post 37, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Firebringer
In post 83, jjh927 wrote:Gonna go back to voting Krazy

VOTE: Krazy
In post 144, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Ari
In post 146, jjh927 wrote:Would have kept my vote on Krazy since I think he was a bit sketch but Ari is far worse
In post 166, jjh927 wrote:It's one of the 3 valid reasons Mastina could have for putting me near the bottom of her readslist but I won't go into the other 2.
In post 282, jjh927 wrote:Damn LLD

I like there being an angry voice of reason
In post 283, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Xofelf

Yeah sure I guess I'm down for this
In post 357, jjh927 wrote:Also
think I'll go back to

VOTE: Krazy
In post 367, jjh927 wrote:I'd rather do Fire than tw
In post 464, jjh927 wrote:Ali

Where are you on Gamma Emerald
In post 465, jjh927 wrote:Because I could vote there
In post 668, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Untrod Tripod
Here we are, in order, JJH's votes and commentary about his votes between votes.

Let it be known that I am a proud advocate of vote hoping to apply pressure, so it is not merely that he is moving his vote frequently that bothers me.

It is that he seems to present no motivation in where his vote goes and is far more concerned with putting it somewhere than what it is actually doing.

Which makes me feel the vote hopping is performative, not analytical.

For example, constant votes on Krazy, a player with exactly zero traction, may as well be unvoting.

Moved onto FB is a sketch way as described above, then never talked about him once before moving back off onto Krazy, coincidentally when the FB wagon took off and got large. Which is another mark against him doing this for pressure.

Ari vote is ?!? because there's lots of reasons to vote Ari and this dude doesn't give a single one of them. And it's not as if he's seeking to silent vote here, he does think Ari is scum in this case per his own posting, but has no interest in pushing it as an agenda it would seem.

Then he tests the waters on GE with Ali, seeing if a vote there is possible.

Then he takes a few wacks at UT with something flimsy, and I think he knew it was flimsy, and I think that was the point.

From what I can tell of this dude's voting record, he's erratic and without real motivation to seek answers or drive his reads.

Which means to me one of two things:

1) he's fabricating those reads and is actively seeking to do this as a form of subterfuge.
2) he has no fucking idea what he's doing

I lean 1) heavily, but no matter which one it is I don't feel comfortable being on a wagon with it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

In post 768, Firebringer wrote:
In post 766, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:and Maria being town and turning it into a pressure situation.
really? cause I never felt pressure from my wagon and def not from marias empty vote.
I mean, whether the move was effective on you (and your ego? because believe it or not you're a lot closer to being D1 lynched than you think you are rn friend. and this calm and cool persona ain't helping us if you're town) I think that was Maria's intent in the vote to get something out of you, so I'm reading it that way.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah you have no idea how I play, it's cool
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm

In post 483, Menalque wrote:VOTE: chickadee
In post 484, chennisden wrote:VOTE: menalque, he's so fucking opportunistic
What kills me is both these votes are attrocious and I can't help but wonder if one of them is bussing the other when I watch this.

All of Menalque's votes are garbage, btw. The Fire vote was pointless and hung there ever since post 51 and then he switched onto this?!

What kind of move is that, what is he accomplishing?

It just don't feel right.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:47 pm

In post 772, jjh927 wrote:Yeah you have no idea how I play, it's cool
Vote: JJH

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”