Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm officially way behind
Hooray for video games!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 713, Untrod Tripod wrote:bro come on it was ONE page ago. you need to wait at least like five or six pages before you can lie about things like that
You misunderstood me.

In #667 you say that "you're guessing" the message came from scum and that scum message sender is a funny role. Then in #684 while you claim it wasn't really signed, you quoted it saying "so says Pine long title blah blah blah," which seems like a consistent in everyone's messages. But the thing is, you demonstrate knowledge in that same post that Pine is scum and that means it most likely comes from scum. My problem here is that I feel you should had automatically known it was from scum due to the Pine namedrop but instead you enter with "guys I got this weird message maybe from scum?? that's funny."

Is it nitpicky? Yes.

Is it possible you're town and just didn't read the message closely at first or are wording things extremely awkwardly? Yes. But regardless of this nitpick, your posts have not read genuine to me in the slightest.

I don't think debating whether or not you genuinely scum slipped is going to get you or I or anyone anywhere however.

What are your reads currently? I'm not even asking for specific people, just who has made an impression on you so far? As many or as few as you can summon thoughts about.

==========

The Menalque wagon really weirds me out. Menalque already sticks out like a sore thumb just out of virtue of being one of the only real newbies in this game as far as I can tell. That fact alone makes me think it would be less likely for him to be scum. But on top of that I've just been town reading his tone, and I'm honestly confused by the vehement reactions players are having to him.

@chenn I don't think you ever responded to me regarding that

Idk, he smells like lynch bait, and I'm not only surprised by people in this lobby gunning for that but also how extreme that gunning is, or at least was for a short while
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm town reading FF based off the last few pages. PP is slightly less town but still town.

Ari, I have absolutely no idea what to make of you. What are your non-Mastina reads?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 949, chennisden wrote:i think ari is town but this is based off of a marathon game, so take it with a grain of NaCl
Don't do that.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 953, Dannflor wrote:I'm town reading FF based off the last few pages. PP is slightly less town but still town.

Ari, I have absolutely no idea what to make of you. What are your non-Mastina reads?
As I say, still need to read up a lot. But I'm leaning town,in varying degrees and no particular order, on PP, LLD, FB, Chenn, and Pops with lightish scum leans on xof, TW, FF, and UT. jjh is null and the rest I don't have enough yet to say.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 954, Formerfish wrote:
In post 949, chennisden wrote:i think ari is town but this is based off of a marathon game, so take it with a grain of NaCl
Don't do that.
I mean, if it works it works!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Hey im a survivor now! Is that what I get for going over 10k in posts? Who do i have to double dutch rudder to get a fucking nickname up in this piece?

pedit- no one should ever use a marathon game as a reason to ever read anyone ever. not even in other marathon games.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 951, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm officially way behind
Hooray for video games!
bruh watchu playin
GTKAS
| here.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 652, Ankamius wrote:I'm getting the impression that Pine is playing in terms of a future day and I found enough people early on sketchy enough to find it hard to believe that they're almost all town

Something is fundamentally off with it and I haven't figured out what it is yet, but I suspect Pine already has an idea for who he's looking to endgame with and is setting them up for it.
oh I wanted to respond to this

I don't necessarily disagree with you

but I do find this assumption very dangerous—if only because this game is so fucking large and lurking scum aren't gonna get punished anywhere near as hard as they might in a smaller game
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 952, Dannflor wrote:
In post 713, Untrod Tripod wrote:bro come on it was ONE page ago. you need to wait at least like five or six pages before you can lie about things like that
You misunderstood me.

In #667 you say that "you're guessing" the message came from scum and that scum message sender is a funny role. Then in #684 while you claim it wasn't really signed, you quoted it saying "so says Pine long title blah blah blah," which seems like a consistent in everyone's messages. But the thing is, you demonstrate knowledge in that same post that Pine is scum and that means it most likely comes from scum. My problem here is that I feel you should had automatically known it was from scum due to the Pine namedrop but instead you enter with "guys I got this weird message maybe from scum?? that's funny."

Is it nitpicky? Yes.

Is it possible you're town and just didn't read the message closely at first or are wording things extremely awkwardly? Yes. But regardless of this nitpick, your posts have not read genuine to me in the slightest.

I don't think debating whether or not you genuinely scum slipped is going to get you or I or anyone anywhere however.

What are your reads currently? I'm not even asking for specific people, just who has made an impression on you so far? As many or as few as you can summon thoughts about.

==========

The Menalque wagon really weirds me out. Menalque already sticks out like a sore thumb just out of virtue of being one of the only real newbies in this game as far as I can tell. That fact alone makes me think it would be less likely for him to be scum. But on top of that I've just been town reading his tone, and I'm honestly confused by the vehement reactions players are having to him.

@chenn I don't think you ever responded to me regarding that

Idk, he smells like lynch bait, and I'm not only surprised by people in this lobby gunning for that but also how extreme that gunning is, or at least was for a short while
No I haven't because this game is so spammy

I didn't townread his tone and the wagon it generated was great information, so I let it be for a bit. The unvotes on menalque were also... really bad and half-assed
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 955, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 953, Dannflor wrote:I'm town reading FF based off the last few pages. PP is slightly less town but still town.

As I say, still need to read up a lot. But I'm leaning town,in varying degrees and no particular order, on PP, LLD, FB, Chenn, and Pops with lightish scum leans on xof, TW, FF, and UT. jjh is null and the rest I don't have enough yet to say.
Why the scum read on FF?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

I'm just gambling in gmod becuase I would rather do that then play the actual game which is TTT
GTKAS
| here.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 960, chennisden wrote:The unvotes on menalque were also... really bad and half-assed
the entire wagon is just weird imo

I don't really know what to make of that yet
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 961, Dannflor wrote:Why the scum read on FF?
He's pushing and dancing and whatnot which looks really good, but something about it feels agenda'd. Like he wants certain reads and is therefore going in certain directions with his stuff.
- Jingle
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't think having an agenda is necessarily scum-indicative

Do you think he's not genuinely trying to sort you?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 961, Dannflor wrote:
In post 955, Aristophanes wrote:

Why the scum read on FF?
What scum can't contain, must not remain.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 955, Aristophanes wrote:jjh is null
also why did you specifically name jjh as null instead of lumping him in with all the rest?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 964, Aristophanes wrote:
He's pushing and dancing and whatnot which looks really good, but something about it feels agenda'd. Like he wants certain reads and is therefore going in certain directions with his stuff.
This is just a less nuanced way of saying that im playing the game. I read the thread, and have things that I want to talk to people about to see if things i saw where real or if they were windmills.

So, yeah, of course I am going to engage with certain people and not others right now because I dont have a need to really engage the people im tring because im tring them.

So I talk to the nulls and my srs to figure out whats what.

How do you play the game?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 964, Aristophanes wrote:He's pushing and dancing and whatnot which looks really good, but something about it feels agenda'd. Like he wants certain reads and is therefore going in certain directions with his stuff.
The more i look at this the more it seems fake to me. What reads am i looking for? Ive interacted with like 4 people so far and have talked about like 2 reads.

Your statement is hollow because you point out a buzz word and then let everyone else read my posts with that in mind. If you think i have an agenda tell us what it is, point it out in my posts and stop pussy footing around an accusation.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 967, Dannflor wrote:
In post 955, Aristophanes wrote:jjh is null
also why did you specifically name jjh as null instead of lumping him in with all the rest?
Because I've read/interacted adjacent to jjh enough that I should have a read forming. I do not however.
In post 965, Dannflor wrote:I don't think having an agenda is necessarily scum-indicative

Do you think he's not genuinely trying to sort you?
I'm somewhat unconvinced.
In post 968, Formerfish wrote:
In post 964, Aristophanes wrote:
This is just a less nuanced way of saying that im playing the game. I read the thread, and have things that I want to talk to people about to see if things i saw where real or if they were windmills.

So, yeah, of course I am going to engage with certain people and not others right now because I dont have a need to really engage the people im tring because im tring them.

So I talk to the nulls and my srs to figure out whats what.

How do you play the game?
As I have been playing it. Interactions, real time stuff. It's good as a basis for things, but it is all manipulable. I will go back and read and glean things from past posts. I then put it together and make more jokes. My srs days are seemingly behind me.

Also, I definitely prefer lategame when I can go back and read over a game's worth of stuff. I like data mining once the pool is limited. When there are so many I really don't do much.
- Jingle
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 951, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm officially way behind
Hooray for video games!
ive been behind since page 2

get on my level
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 969, Formerfish wrote:
In post 964, Aristophanes wrote:He's pushing and dancing and whatnot which looks really good, but something about it feels agenda'd. Like he wants certain reads and is therefore going in certain directions with his stuff.
The more i look at this the more it seems fake to me. What reads am i looking for? Ive interacted with like 4 people so far and have talked about like 2 reads.

Your statement is hollow because you point out a buzz word and then let everyone else read my posts with that in mind. If you think i have an agenda tell us what it is, point it out in my posts and stop pussy footing around an accusation.
Meh, maybe I'm not good at reading you. It's just the feel I got.
- Jingle
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 972, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 969, Formerfish wrote:

Meh, maybe I'm not good at reading you. It's just the feel I got.
Feelings are fine, but i want to know where it came from. What posts of mine did you read and say to yourself, "Ari, are you seeing the same agenda I am?"

I would like to know what agenda i am pushing.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 970, Aristophanes wrote:Because I've read/interacted adjacent to jjh enough that I should have a read forming. I do not however.
Why do you think this is?

is it something about his play or you just haven't thought about it

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”