Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've done a good chunk of skimming and I haven't taken as many notes as I've wanted to so far
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1550, Ankamius wrote:I've done a good chunk of skimming and I haven't taken as many notes as I've wanted to so far
Ok, so since i was absent until post 850 i can understand that. Since i have been active how much have you been reading v. skimming?

Ive been trying to keep my posting in mind but do a bit better at reading people with real time interactions based off pokes and prods i make.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Ank, could you do that readlist but only with players you have actual reads? Too much noise in there to see were you really at
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've been skimming since the pace sped up, FF. It was roughly around that point.

Pink Ball the differences between the names are very real, I have different shades of null on different players based on a metric that I'm keeping downlow since I suspect that there's multiple scum in that gradient somewhere atm and I don't want to tip them off on what the metric is enough for it to be manipulated.

But I do have reasons to have several names roughly above null and roughly below null.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

For reference, Xofelf is my dead null spot.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1553, Ankamius wrote:I've been skimming since the pace sped up, FF. It was roughly around that point.

Pink Ball the differences between the names are very real, I have different shades of null on different players based on a metric that I'm keeping downlow since I suspect that there's multiple scum in that gradient somewhere atm and I don't want to tip them off on what the metric is enough for it to be manipulated.

But I do have reasons to have several names roughly above null and roughly below null.
Alright, well, you wanna dance?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm not looking for dance partners soz

I'm a single type of lady
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1556, Ankamius wrote:I'm not looking for dance partners soz

Not the way you gather your reads?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1533, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy mother of christ every time I say okay I'm gonna actually read this now I see there's been like 4 pages of prick waving dick fights and I get mad at close the window

You know at some point this sort of post starts to look a lot like scumplaining.

I might think Lexi's scum. But see, one of the reasons she gets so many wins is that people at least know she puts in effort when you lose to her. She played with her heart, mind, body, and soul all out there.

While losing to THIS feels like shit, because you are playing like shit.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm uncertain why UT fell off everyone's radars.

Like normally if a wagon I'm on doesn't pick up I take that as a clue that maybe my reads are off, but this is the sort of thing I would expect scum to jump on if it were a mislynch, and so far it's only jjh and I pushing it. I think Ank picked up on it momentarily too but talked herself out of it or something.

Like am I crazy here? Aside from the mechanical slip I outlined in #952—which is the part I would think scum would love to jump on if UT is town—UT has practically no other content. His sole other attempt to do something—despite me and Ali and I'm sure others asking him for reads or general feelings—is a random question to Lady Lambdadelta in #830. I
feel
like I shouldn't have to explain why that's a post town just doesn't make. Even taking away the absurdity of the question, why is it to LL right there? It's very clearly asking a random question to a random person for the purposes of looking like they're doing something.

I can excuse inactivity to an extent but not when the little he has done is so bad.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah I was just about to ask Ank why she townreads that slot.

I doubt the letter thing was a scumslip, but it bothers me that that's UT's only contribution. And it bothers me he'll engage jjh to fend for his slot on that issue even if he has not read the thread, but hasn't skimmed into some actually protown thing to comment on at some point, even if he hasn't actually read the thread.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'll also fully admit to skimming the last ~10 or so pages with the Lady Lambdadelta stuff. I want to process it better soon but it's a slog. But a lot of what I saw were people genuinely angry with each other. That doesn't necessarily speak to alignment but if that interaction was mostly or all town than that clusterfuck is the perfect place for scum to stay under the radar and hide in.

I think I'm starting to disagree with Ank that the majority of scum are in the active posters. There are way too many active lurkers and people who I would expect to have some amount of content by now who just do not. I'm looking at you Krazy.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:12 am

Post by GreyICE »

It's like, what happens if I lose to UT-scum? It's like "wow, his brilliant strategy of literally posting NOTHING and still having his RVS vote down 59 pages after it was first posted has outwitted me because I thought scum would at least have the dignity to at least try to pretend they were town."

I really hope Jingle puts fucking vigs in his game, because you catching a vig bullet would be the greatest justice I could imagine. And it would be a great shot, regardless of your alignment, because the only thing anyone should be able to say about your alignment right now is "lean scum"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm sorry but I'm not in the market of voting people because I'm afraid of losing to their scum game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1559, Dannflor wrote:I think Ank picked up on it momentarily too but talked herself out of it or something.
Explain?
In post 1557, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1556, Ankamius wrote:I'm not looking for dance partners soz

Not the way you gather your reads?
That was me being a smartass

I generally get reads on people indirectly since I have a tendency to tunnel when I interact with my scumreads directly, and generally when I null read someone I either need a jumping off point to get the info I need to get a read on them or some other way to get you to do something AI by my metrics

So yes interactions do help, but not direct interactions most of the time unless I need something specific or am doing a reaction test
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1559, Dannflor wrote:I'm uncertain why UT fell off everyone's radars.
I have no meta on UT and there are several slots overtly not participating. Even though UT is easily the most egregious such slot I was giving it a pass because it seemed others might know what his pro-town quota is better than I do, and how far off this is.

GreyICE implying he has a contrary meta makes the slot more concerning for me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1564, Ankamius wrote:Explain?
You voted UT in #680 and then said you'd "let it go" 7 posts later.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh no, UT has been a useless git in like 50% of the games I played with him. This is not "outside his meta".

It's just at some point losing to a player playing like that hurts more than losing to a player who is not sucking like a black hole.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1564, Ankamius wrote:That was me being a smartass

I generally get reads on people indirectly since I have a tendency to tunnel when I interact with my scumreads directly, and generally when I null read someone I either need a jumping off point to get the info I need to get a read on them or some other way to get you to do something AI by my metrics

So yes interactions do help, but not direct interactions most of the time unless I need something specific or am doing a reaction test
I figured, do you, holla if you need me.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh I actually forgot about that

Ya he's a scumlean, not a townlean with that in mind.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1567, GreyICE wrote:Oh no, UT has been a useless git in like 50% of the games I played with him. This is not "outside his meta".

It's just at some point losing to a player playing like that hurts more than losing to a player who is not sucking like a black hole.
Oh, unvote then. I'm also not in the market keeping certain people from winning. Play to your win condition.
"Well, I..."
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

Formerfish, I'm open to talking about other reads if you're interested in that instead.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1571, Ankamius wrote:Formerfish, I'm open to talking about other reads if you're interested in that instead.
Thats what dancing is to me. You ask about a read, we talk about why we feel the way we do about the person and see where we are relative to each other.

Im looking to build a town bloc down the road, and need to know where people land on the scale.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

blah I don't like either of the top wagons

VOTE: Krazy

I'd like to talk about your reads the next time you pop in
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1570, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1567, GreyICE wrote:Oh no, UT has been a useless git in like 50% of the games I played with him. This is not "outside his meta".

Oh, unvote then. I'm also not in the market keeping certain people from winning. Play to your win condition.
I'm still pretty sure Lexi is my win condition. I'm just NOT sure that UT is not also scum. And the fact is, he's been on site since 2003. He has seen bigger dick waving contests than this. He's seen games with ABR and Fate in them. He's seen games with Fate and Reaper Charlie in them. Hell, I'm positive that he's seen games with me, Reckoner, and Fate, back when we were all on hair triggers, and there were many who would throw in to the ring besides.

That specifically felt like an excuse. In a 20:7, any given player should have a 25% chance to flip scum. Pine knows that at a minimum UT won't wig out and give away scumbuddies, and he's adept at surviving, and he at least doesn't mind being scum. That moves him up to a 33%. This? This is starting to feel more like a 50%, and 50% is where I get very happy to pull the trigger - if we only do 50/50 lynches for the entire game, our win is practically assured.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”