Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 774, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think limiting the lynch pool solely to those who were in the failed coalition is more likely to lead to a town loss.
I think you're right in the long term, but I see no reason why voting outside of it now is a good idea.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 774, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think limiting the lynch pool solely to those who were in the failed coalition is more likely to lead to a town loss.
i think it's reasonable to vote within the coalition for D1, just by probability alone

is my crappy case on Alchemist

who do you want to lynch?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:01 am

I'm going to start our pairings discussion. It's not super important to complete it until after we figure out the lynch, but I want it out there to get people thinking about it.

It's woefully incomplete rn, but it's a first step.

Possible Pairings

Gamma-Hectic

- I don't recall either of them having each other in the coalitions. Hectic's might have had Gamma for a while, but I think it was brief.

Gamma-Spangled

- pretty sure Spangled started pushing Gamma into the coalition after we removed Spangled. Spangled's vote on Gamma could be a scum gambit.

NC-LUV

- NC clearly didn't understand the purpose of voting within the coalition, so it's possible they would try to put both scum in the coalition + try convincing people to vote outside of it.

There are a few others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Imo, it's a red flag if someone in the core coalition (me, RCMA, NC, Hectic for most of the day, and Spangled for a little while) vetoed anyone else bcz a scum in the coalition would want to avoid having another scum in the coalition.

Unlikely Pairings:
(In progress, but it's pretty much all of the in-coalition pairs)

Impossible pairings
(>=50% chance of 1 or more being town)
Alchemist-Hectic
Alchemist-GREAT
Alchemist-Spangled
Hectic-GREAT
Hectic-Spangled
Spangled-GREAT
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am

In the mean time, we really need people casting votes. Hedging bets and sitting on your vote isn't helping anyone, especially with ~5 hours of the day remaining.
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:06 am

Post by RC most awesomest »

VOTE: Alchemist21

sheep me if you want any reasonable probability of winning

his partner is someone with whom he distanced heavily
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.18

Lil Uzi Vert (3): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum, Hectic
Gamma Emerald (2): Alchemist21, Spangled
Hectic (1): YOUAREGREAT
Alchemist21 (1): RC most awesomest
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (1): NC 39

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-14 23:59:59).
Last edited by Skygazer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Sheep that vote if you want to lose.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am

In post 779, RC most awesomest wrote:VOTE: Alchemist21

sheep me if you want any reasonable probability of winning

his partner is someone with whom he distanced heavily
Who did he distance heavily?

Why aren't you voting within the coalition?
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:20 am

you're actually garbage EP if you're town but if you're scum making the correct play to derail any chance of getting a wagon through today good job.
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 am

like the concept of "I'm trying to lynch my top scumread" doesn't really need the explanation that you seem to think that it does

particularly when my reads are actually worth something unlike those of the other players in this game
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 am

I stopped playing this game because you guys talk about the game and play the game like everyone thinks you're hot fucking shit when in reality you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about
I don't think the concepts of

not trying to policy lynch a slot that I'm in
not ignoring the reads of the strongest town player in this game (debatable wrt NSG but she's in my slot so)
not going out of your way to shit up the game for me in a way that's going to screw over both my investment and my capacity to generate good reads

really if any of you are town what exactly is it that you think is going to happen?

it has taken absolutely ridiculous levels of awful for town to lose games that i've been in this year and you guys managed to throw the coalition and no lynch

sorry, when you guys failed the coalition and can't get a lynch through before the deadline the play isn't to hyperscrutinize my actions

you can't get a fucking lynch through, you don't stand a snowballs chance in hell if i'm scum

so
FUCK OFF
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:29 am

you can accept that I'm your best chance of winning if I'm town and still despite all the damage done win a significant portion of the time if I am, or you can have an 100% chance of losing regardless of my alignment

but don't expect me to coddle and handhold you.
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 am

like actually the audacity of going out of your way to play into every single one of my pet peeves, pet peeves which are widely known, and then get mad at me for not wanting to play the game
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:36 am

I don't expect you to coddle or handhold anyone. I expect you to play the game as though your mere participation isn't some favour to us. I

'm here to play the game, not stroke your ego.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:38 am

And yeah, you might be right on some things. Maybe I'm garbage at the game and maybe my reads aren't great, but you haven't given me any reason to trust you more than anyone else.

I'm fact, your entitlement and evident god complex make it really tough to agree with what you're saying.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 am

In post 787, RC most awesomest wrote:like actually the audacity of going out of your way to play into every single one of my pet peeves, pet peeves which are widely known, and then get mad at me for not wanting to play the game
I've played one game with you. I don't know your pet peeves and don't really care about them.

One of my pet peeves is entitlement. Congrats, you're playing to my pet peeves, too.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:37 am

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 781, Alchemist21 wrote:Sheep that vote if you want to lose.
this post rang alarm bells in my head because it's a snappy, over-the-top deflection. i'll iso alchemist.
In post 703, Alchemist21 wrote:Ffs Hectic who could I be scum with at this point?
this feels wifom-y to me too.

my biggest issue while skimming through alchemist's ISO is that his reads are non-commital and static. it seems like he spends a lot of energy focusing on the people who scumread him, but he never pushes hard for his own reads and his reads from the beginning of the game are mostly the same as they are now. i wouldn't be surprised if he was scum at all, and i could be convinced to vote him if there's not a better option available.

i townread RC for his temper tantrum just now

iso'ing LUV again, i'm worried that i townread him a bit too quickly. it seems like most of the reason i tr him was based on the focus put on him by other players and not on his lines themselves. but i don't think that he's particularly scumtold, and i actually really like his #481. i'm comfortable having him as a town-lean.

i still think spangled is town upon re-reading. if they're playing to their scum meta, someone is gonna have to make a case against them. because i still think their approach + general tone has been town.

same with gamma, although i'm less confident in my tr on him than i am on spangled.

re-reading expresso, i wouldn't be surprised if he's the hidden scum in this game. i feel like he had a relatively strong start, but fell off midway through the day. i don't like him jumping on LUV in #682 and i don't like his list of possible pairings either.

i feel like hectic/nc contains a scum but i've been struggling to nail which one. i still think it's most likely hectic.

my lynchpool right now looks like: hectic/expresso/NC39
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:37 am

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

typo. my real lynchpool is hectic/expresso/alchemist21
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 785, RC most awesomest wrote:I stopped playing this game because you guys talk about the game and play the game like everyone thinks you're hot fucking shit when in reality you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about

not ignoring the reads of the strongest town player in this game (debatable wrt NSG but she's in my slot so)
not going out of your way to shit up the game for me in a way that's going to screw over both my investment and my capacity to generate good reads

really if any of you are town what exactly is it that you think is going to happen?

it has taken absolutely ridiculous levels of awful for town to lose games that i've been in this year and you guys managed to throw the coalition and no lynch

sorry, when you guys failed the coalition and can't get a lynch through before the deadline the play isn't to hyperscrutinize my actions

you can't get a fucking lynch through, you don't stand a snowballs chance in hell if i'm scum

so
FUCK OFF
lmao cry me a fucking river

i don't have experience with you but it seems that you're one of Those players that comes in with an astounding amount of entitlement and then gets shocked when not everybody follows you just because of your name recognition
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 am

@GREAT a few questions:
What specifically is wrong with my pairings list?
What pairings would you add?
Why are none of your lynchpool options within the coalition?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 am

In post 794, EspressoPatronum wrote:@GREAT a few questions:
What specifically is wrong with my pairings list?
What pairings would you add?
Why are none of your lynchpool options within the coalition?
Scratch that last point. I am.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am

In post 793, YOUAREGREAT wrote:
In post 785, RC most awesomest wrote:I stopped playing this game because you guys talk about the game and play the game like everyone thinks you're hot fucking shit when in reality you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about

so
FUCK OFF
lmao cry me a fucking river

i don't have experience with you but it seems that you're one of Those players that comes in with an astounding amount of entitlement and then gets shocked when not everybody follows you just because of your name recognition
THANK YOU
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Spangled »

I wrote a response to your posts, RC, but it would make this game more toxic than it needs to be.
Honestly I think an edited Queen lyric is the best response here:

Play the game
everybody
play the game...
with some measure of understanding for your fellow humans beings and a belief that they won’t attempt to intentionally piss you off
and love.

Honestly probably wouldn’t sound very good; the syllables are all wrong in the first bit and they’d really have to hit that high note for a long time at the end, but it’s good advice for forums, especially this one :D
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

Please take note of the new deadline in the previous vote count.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Hectic »

lul, RCMA is obvtown here now, right?
unless someone can say they've seen RC do this before as scum?

still happy to lynch Alchemist. is just so bad and he's contributed nothing of value since

my preference atm is Alchemist>LUV>Gamma/Great?

VOTE: Alchemist

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”