Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2995, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2990, Dannflor wrote:hard disagree on Ari, mastina

his defense of LLD was not scum defending scum
If LLD is scum and Ari is town thats some bad read making on Aris part.
yeah no shit

but that's why it's so obv town imo
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ank I am not scum.

I don't understand why you think that at all and am also not sure why you are so sure about it.

Some of my posting pattern might be a little different because I am trying really hard and sucking at keeping my post count low and maybe the stuff I end up excluding is the stuff that would be good to be seen
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's legitimately not convincing at all
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@ank
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

YO TEAM
YO

Hear me out
I want ywall to hear me out
I can call people out, but
if you usually like to post a lot
stop posting

Ik its important to get your voice heard and all, but I don't want an additional 50 pages during twilight

lets try to let people catch up now
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

lets call it a night
LLD needs to get her last words in
People who are behind need to catch up
GTKAS
| here.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 3001, Dannflor wrote:yeah no shit

but that's why it's so obv town imo
I mean, i fail to see how thats out of anyones scum game. It makes sense that maybe pine dispatched Ari to hard defend LLD and told everyone else to kinda stay the fuck out of it, or to be against her for some cred.

I would do that if I were Pine, it gives Ari plausible deniability because twtbaw but fuck that shit, you hard defend scum and you gotta die at some point.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

pops is town
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

ank is town
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

fuck it im posting my reads list unfinished and ill finish it tomorrow, starting with pops
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't intend to do a full catch up but if anyone wants something seen by me please let me know
I'll also try to scan for responses and I'll poke for ones I still want/need
<Embrace The Void>

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Krazy, why is Ankamius one of your strongest town reads?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I've been trying to figure out how to say it and I think you realize it, but I feel you really crossed a line with your earlier post towards LLD, Alisae.

No matter how hard you may think she's scum and even if she is, at the end of the day, she is still another player in this game you are playing. I've been coasting in the back seat since the game was developing in the direction I wanted, but I do wish I said something sooner before things reached this point. I whole heartedly believe Lexi to be scum, but that does not mean we degrade her humanity as town. After all, we're not actually lynching someone here.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, Alisae. ^_^
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Oh I think that's the hammer.

Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know if I'm gonna get through everyone or if I'm even gonna finish this before the day ends, but here are as close to complete thoughts on as many players as I can remember to write about.

Apologies in advance for the probably massive wall of text incoming. The list isn't going to be ordered in any particular fashion probably, just read the respecting blurb if you wanna know where someone stands. Uhm right I think that's about all the disclaimers I need:

Former Fish
- Town. I don't agree with how "fake" he finds Ari, in fact I don't agree with a ton of what he says. But, what he says is genuine and he's clearly been trying to sort people since the beginning of the game. I don't have many specific posts to point to for this because it's basically his entire ISO. The telling thing here is that his attempts to engage aren't just empty questions, he's trying his best to make sure whoever he's interacting with
understands
him. He follows through on his line of questioning, even when the line is uh... questionable—case in point #1145. I don't have too much more to say about this slot. I'm pretty confident in this read and am comfortable town blocking it.

Lady Lambdadelta
- Let's get this fucking slot out of the way. I don't really know what it's going to flip. I can see it both ways at this point. I've already talked previously about the stuff I saw from LLD that was town motivated. I liked her cases on Xof and jjh respectively. Overall, I just read her tone as town and her actions as pro-town. But with several players bearing down on her as "caught scum," several players that know her far better than me, I have to concede maybe I'm just misreading. Like, Katsuki, GreyICE, and Alisae all seem VERY confident and uh, I don't really think any of them are scum. So yeah I'm bowing to their reads somewhat. Deep down, I would really like to think that LLD doesn't use this kind of AtE as scum—just because of the way I like to play—but several people have said that what's transpired is in no way AI.

So! I give up. I do not have the emotional energy to fight an IC with a fake guilty. At the very least this lynch might provide a little information on slots like Ari and jjh.

Krazy
- Scum. I was only leaning scum until he posted his most recent read list.

Up until #2661, Krazy had only mentioned a clear stance on one player: Menalque. 2.5k posts into the game he finally shares more than one read. Like, I get not being around because busy or whatever. But the stuff Krazy did do is not what I'd expect an inactive Krazy town to do. There is no substance to any of his posts, even the two that talk about Menalque. Half of them are sort of mechanical based questions/spec, which I know is a comfort spot for Krazy, but again, nothing of actual substance there. He just dances around, "oh I guess Pine coulda picked x, oh but Jingle coulda too." Krazy is a strong town player, his posts should not be this shit.

I also don't believe he really scum reads me.
In post 2650, Krazy wrote:I kinda think Dann actually is an above average equity pick also because of Vengeful Ghosts; he had a night 1 save as a doctor (even though, as far as I know, Pine completely forgot this occurred halfway through the game--so your mileage may vary here). Still Dann and Duck kinda saved the game in the dead thread with him so I think Dann and Duck both have pretty decent pick equity.
This is sorta an example of everything I talked about above. It's this waffling half mechanical based read that actually says nothing.

1. Why does my play as
town
in Vengeful Ghosts affect my chances of getting drafted by Pine. Same goes for Duck. What he's saying doesn't really make any sense here. He's pulling meta and mechanical reasons to assign a plausible scum read to myself to avoid interacting with the actual game. The worst part is is that the meta and mechanical reasons don't actually make sense. I played one game with Pine, barely interacted with him, and was town.

2. There's this weird waffling tone that I feel like is present in a lot of Krazy's posts this game. Like the phrase "Pine completely forgot this occurred halfway through the game---so your mileage may vary here." I don't recall town Krazy being this noncommittal. It's present in his posts about Mena, see "It's not impossible I'm wrong on Mena," in post #1925. It's just this weird timid cautiousness that I do not usually associate with Krazy. Maybe it can be ascribed to his lack of presence, but it doesn't feel town to me.

pedit: also bahahaha this whole "ooh how does fruit work let me bargain for it" the past 10 posts is so fucking fake

Titus
- Null. I have nothing to say here.

DrippingGoofball
- Also not to much to say here. The ISO is self-explanatory. Lynch before endgame. Ideally, this slot should be vigged.

xReckonerx
- I've talked enough about UT previously. I think this has a pretty good chance of being scum based on the case I made before. The replace out and complaining leading up to it seemed more like frustrated scum to me than frustrated town, but maybe that's conf bias talking. Regardless though, I'd like to give Reckoner a chance to get in the game and post some content which I'll reevaluate. I really thought UT was scum but it's a slot I'm okay with leaving alive for now and seeing how it progresses. Check my ISO if you missed my stuff on UT.

Ankamius
- Lean town. I'm still sorta just waiting for Ank to
do
something. I know she has a tendency to wait until D2 or D3 when she has VCs and shit to work with. But I feel like she still tries to analyze the game state and push the game towards a direction that will get her more information later on in D1. Apart from a few game state remarks early on in the day that I prodded her on, there hasn't been too much of what I'd expect in this department. So, it's a cautious town read here, but my gut still says town.

She's thrown her vote around quite a bit but always in ways where I can track where her head is at. She's not trying to look like she's pushing and prodding she's really just doubting herself or moving on to the next thing that gets her attention. You can see that sort of transition from #621, to #680, and #687. She's pushing Menalque (for reasons I disagree with but I'll get to that later), sees UT do something extremely questionable and votes there, gets a half assed explanation but decides it's better for her to go back to Menalque for the time being. There's no show of "hey I'm using my vote to get information," she just does it, and she does a similar sort of thing throughout her ISO.

I also think her specifically asking me for my reads list is her genuine attempt to get a good read on me. She mentioned not being impressed with me so far—which is fine I've definitely taken more of a backseat than I'm used to—but I think she might suspect I'm not fully in the game yet and wants to see what I do when I am. hence colored reads list yay

Firebringer
- Town! idk he just seems town. No, but seriously, this is mostly a gut read. Although it's kinda counter-intuitive I do think directly antagonizing/challenging Alisae is +town equity. Especially since they have a prior relationship scum!fire doesn't really have anything to gain by doing so, when the game would be a lot easier if he tried to pocket Alisae. I also just find myself mindmelding with him on a lot of his reads like on Worstie and Ank and Pops. This isn't a super firm read or one that I think I'll gain by putting a ton of thought into right now. Gut town for now. I'm waiting to see what he does once this LLD thing is over.

Menalque
- Lean town. I do not understand what everyone found so scummy about the fruit thing. Full stop. People are like, "wow menalque is a hypocrite, he scum reads Chicka for something and then does the exact same thing." I feel like if you just look at why he does it, it makes sense. Maybe it's not the best move, but I can see how he thinks it's town motivated. He sees someone he thinks is scummy, and wants to grab the power for himself. It's a selfish move, but town make selfish moves all the time. If scum were to be bargaining for fruit I'd much rather expect it to be Chickadee, not Menalque coming in awkwardly afterward and being like "me too!" It's opportunistic...? sure... but scummy? I don't see the scum agenda very easily, but I can see the town brain that thought that was a good idea. His tone is just so so pure too:
In post 477, Menalque wrote:neighbouriser is like my favourite power theoretically and yet I never fucking get it
look how pure and cute he is

look at #2622. he's just a pure little ball of newbish townness

His content isn't amazing and I straight up didn't like the OMGUS on Ank, but I'm mostly reading town here and I don't think it's likely the newest player in the game gets drafted?

Aristophanes
- I actually went back and forth on this slot for quite a while until he came out with the
And LLD should not be lynched
stuff. I don't think I've ever seen someone obv town so hard and so suddenly. Like, if LLD is scum, that's not how a scum buddy defends her, no way, not even Ari. It's not even TWTBW, it's just an ineffective scum strategy. And I doubt the scum team would have let it continue on like that for that long. I think it's glaringly obvious that Ari both felt bad for LLD and thought she could still be an asset, leading to his crusade for her survival. I really don't think this has scum defending scum written anywhere on it. If LLD is town, Ari has no reason to stick his neck out for her.

the worst
- Lean scum. I had a glimmer of town reading the duck for #1059, I really thought the Menalque/Ankamius stuff was dumb and this post was a great effort at trying to deescalate the conflict and get Menalque to rethink it. I was mind melding with the worst and he was doing what I thought was an incredibly pro town thing. But like, that's the only post I can find to town read in his ISO on reread. In fact, the worst reminds me a lot of himself from Undertale Mafia. He had me fooled for a lot of that game, but I think I can see the differences now. I understand he is V/LA, but the contributions he has made have not been good attempt to sort, not the play that I know he's capable of. Instead, he seems a little more focused on building connections and being the voice of reason? They seem like pro-town things but the worst gets way too much mileage out of just being cute and not actually doing anything.

Look at some of his meatiest posts and what he's really saying. #1024 is weird because it states a scum read, but he's justifying it to his scum read. And then when combined with #1059 it feels very off, because it reads like he knows the alignment of Menalque already, despite him saying not 50 posts ago that he was scum reading him. It doesn't actually make sense why he's spending so much energy trying to get his scum read to reconsider an OMGUS vote other than to look like he's being reasonable and town.

#1070 is just, an example of saying a lot of words but saying absolutely nothing.

popsofctown

PenguinPower

Pink Ball

MariaR

Gamma Emerald

chennisden

xofelf

GreyICE

Jjh

Chickadee

Iconeum

Katsuki
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

srry for wall

ill do part 2 tomorrow
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Krazy »

Well I haven't seen Ank roll scum against me in anything except memey micro games, but I've never been wrong on my townread of her in a large to date and feel like she's on the easier side to read if you look at her tone and thought process. I'm not 100% certain yet but I'm feeling pretty good about it
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3013, Katsuki wrote:I've been trying to figure out how to say it and I think you realize it, but I feel you really crossed a line with your earlier post towards LLD, Alisae.

No matter how hard you may think she's scum and even if she is, at the end of the day, she is still another player in this game you are playing. I've been coasting in the back seat since the game was developing in the direction I wanted, but I do wish I said something sooner before things reached this point. I whole heartedly believe Lexi to be scum, but that does not mean we degrade her humanity as town. After all, we're not actually lynching someone here.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, Alisae. ^_^
Pine told me in our trashtalk PT
told me exactly what I did wrong
told me to take a step back a min

I realized what I did wrong there.
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by Krazy »

oh ok dann is scum
vote conspiracy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

no
Dann is town
Deffo think we should lynch Krazy tomorrow
<Embrace The Void>

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3019, Krazy wrote:oh ok dann is scum
See like if you were town I'd expect you to engage me on the read I have on you and try to change it

Because I really don't think my read on you is all that unreasonable right now
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

i rly hope LLD accepts my apology
but if she like
hates me and thinks I'm cancer