Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by Elements »

Spoiler:
In post 1217, Cliff Booth wrote: Here are examples.

In post 10, Elements wrote:Other then self-voting - a ridiculous thing to do in almost any scenario - the first vote made by someone is almost never a talking point.
In post 984, Elements wrote:VOTE: elements
Look! a wagon is beginning to form! and it's on an active player! Quick join it so it has some significance!

Spoiler:
After making a ton of posts that really made zero impact on the game he posts
In post 512, Elements wrote:
In post 502, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 421, Elements wrote:Sharon, JJD, roster
Pls talk about these
Sharron and roster for lack of activity
JJD because I didn't like his entrance
This blatant example of looking for LHF to lynch. His readslist in was also quite awkward and I see no reason why I was the first thing he considered to be town, let alone over players like dave, YAG, or JJD.

It's honestly astounding how you and garmr continue to misunderstand me despite me explaining. I'll spell it out simply for you. The "100% bonafide" "read" list was a gut reaction post where I went through the player list on page one and sorted people quickly. If you look at the page one order, you will see that you are player name 3 below two people I put in the null pile. Hence, you were the first name I wrote in the town section. The read list was not ordered.
In post 546, Elements wrote:
In post 543, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 516, Carcalilly wrote:pffft elements I might be starting to agree with you on the jjd thing for a different reason
Stay focused. A reputable Judge like myself would NEVER break the LAW. I ENFORCE the law. I AM THE LAW.
I'm agreeing with whomever said JJD is hiding behind his gimmick to not play the game
Why doesn't this apply to me or Rick? We were townbinned for seemingly no reason. He also shaded JJD a lot. Also shaded rick a bit after calling him town.
The "read" list was a gut thing that maybe applies truly for the rest of the page it was posted. It was not mean not be taken this seriously. Most of your "reasons" for me being scum involve, what was meant to be, a throw away post to boost discussion with instant gut reads.
After saying that I am town and then never mentioning me again I am suddenly scum to him when the LHF roster wagon clearly has no promise (see ) , and once I advocate for his lynch. He didn't seem to mind me doing what he originally scumread JJD for, until I actually pushed a lynch on him. I would argue that I'm the 2nd best LHF option in the game as of
Idk if you'd noticed how annoyed I was there was no wagons forming. If you didn't you must be blind or deliberately not reading my posts. Again, this point as about the "read" list.
In post 1170, Elements wrote:
In post 1169, Rick Dalton wrote:I think we should 1v1.
I think that's a bad idea given we're both town
still weird given his past views

His extremely high posts with basically 0 game progressing content outside of the occasional post that feels more like "trying to look like game progression" also doesn't sit right with me.
I play day 1 to survive night 1. I play day one to get interactions between people so day two we have, at least, 2 flips and lots of intereactions to go off. Again "given his past views" referring to the "read" list
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 1223, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Dame here. I just want Elements to define the "elements" on which he bases his reads though before I commit to it.
Gut
I'll say it again, I don't like day 1. I'll tell you now, whoever we decide to lynch I will say we should switch wagons because the vast likelihood is that player is town.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by Garmr »

It's honestly astounding how you and garmr continue to misunderstand me despite me explaining. I'll spell it out simply for you.
1. I thought the last thing I said regards to your alignment was you might be town so are you saying I'm wrong on that.

2. the last thing I said on your reads was I haven't gave it any thought

Have you read my posts?
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 1277, Garmr wrote:
It's honestly astounding how you and garmr continue to misunderstand me despite me explaining. I'll spell it out simply for you.
1. I thought the last thing I said regards to your alignment was you might be town so are you saying I'm wrong on that.

2. the last thing I said on your reads was I haven't gave it any thought

Have you read my posts?
It's referring to you constantly saying I think watcher and tracker are both in the game. Should've made that more clear.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Hectic »

Oh no, more to catchup on.

Before I start, I want to try something out from the wiki:

Intent to hammer.

I'll remove it if people think that was a bad play.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:18 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1008, Garmr wrote:
In post 1006, Elements wrote:Point 3 has convinced me you're town
It's my best point yet :P.

on a serious note

VOTE: Hopkirk
Suspicious placement of the emoji here. Like why put it before the full stop?
Disgusting.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:21 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1009, YOUAREGREAT wrote:i like garmr's reasoning for fos'ing hopkirk, but i don't agree with it initially. i would like to hear more from hopkirk on why he decided to disengage from his vote on garmr.

i don't really get the vote on elements.

roster wagon feels lazy.
In post 975, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 946, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 921, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 864, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 862, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 858, Carcalilly wrote:hey Tchill look buddy ol' man you're a great asset to this game but within the whole YAG vs Tchill thing I have to side with the latter.
Honestly your last couple of posts were good. I town binned him because I felt like he came into an inactive game and started trying to sort, but this puts that into question. Why don't you think it's enough to read him red?
Precisely why you town binned him. This is one interaction between another player that didn't sit good, but there's a lot of other interactions (that I haven't looked into fully
yet
, mind you) that are pretty good at plain level looking.
I might change my mind after digging deeper because I have yet to know what's actually there, but I have to finish my other thoughts before I loose them.
You know this might have a point, a scum in another game got pretty far doing what YAG has done at replace in
Did you mean YAG or tchill? Because I think that both myself and Lilly were talking about tchill here. I know I was.
YAG. Maybe it applies to TChill but why can't YAG be looked at that way too?
feels like you're trying to have it both ways without actually taking a stance between us

sucks that tchill has gone absent when i questioned him, much like he did a couple of days ago.

i usually try to play mafia by sorting every player at once, but this game is too big for my usual playstyle to work here. i'm just gonna try to play ~in the moment~, so to speak.
bit contracdictary at the start there Great. You don't like the reasoning for his FoS but you like him FoSing him? Do you have other reasons for suspecting Hopkirk?
Btw, what does FoS mean? Field of Suspects?

Also, why not try sorting smaller groups of people at a time then?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1016, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 1002, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Garmr
Seems to be active but doesn't appear to be trying to scumhunt.
extra effort is not an obligation day 1.

If it was later, sure, but idk how I feel about this reasoning at this point in time.
Hmm, Garmr's sudden surge of scumhunting after Dave's post here is interesting.
Feel that's very slightly scum-indicative, but his reads seemed natural enough.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1018, Kop wrote:
In post 847, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 824, Kop wrote:
In post 779, Carcalilly wrote:I'm guessing that there's only so much we can talk about day 1, even though for a large game 32 pages isn't much.

I expected us to lynch someone soon but either scums playing real good or the lynchbait is laying low.

Wanna predict the nightkill? Do you think scum will be cautious of jjd's whatever-the-fuck-cop-claim? Or will they realize it's a joke? Or is it?
What are we going to achieve by trying to predict the nightkill? You do realise that there is most likely going to be more than one kill.
1. Who are you, where did you come from, why is this one of the first times I'm aware of your presence?

2. If town can work together-subtly-with the prs to prevent or predict a NK it will be favorable. Town can WIFOM scum with protective roles. Giving them a hard time is worth a minimal effort. Predicting can urge scum to rethink their decisions and possibly make ones less favorable to them. It prepares us for day two. Nobody was saying anything on the thread and I wanted something-anything-to talk about.

3. How the fuck is everyone so sure about a third faction or alternative killing role?
I don't know why this is the first time that your aware of my presence, maybe I never got involved with the whole RVS stage properly, or properly announce myself.

I have never played a game where we have tried to predict the nightkill so apologies on not seeing what kind of benefits it has. If I had actually participated in a game where I've seen it done and seen the affects it has, then I could have possibly had a different view on it, but since I've never been in a game where it has been done, I had a hard time seeing the negatives and positives it has. :igmeou:

And as for your third point, I thought I had seen someone quote a phrase that mentioned serial killer and I thought it was from the Mod. Reading back at the mods posts in this game, there was no mention of it so my bad for misreading into it, I don't know who quoted it so I can't check back on that either. However a game of this size, I'm going to presume that there will be a alternative killing role, possibly a vigilante, or another scum faction, or possibly a lone serial killer. Otherwise it's going to be quite a big mafia team if we're going to guess the ratio is 1 mafia to 4 town.
This could be a townslip since scum will definitely be talking about whether or not there's a serial killer in their PT.
So him being unsure whether the mod confirmed a serial killer is something something
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am

Post by Hectic »

Goddamn it, I just missed my stop.

Catchup will resume shortly.
Let me know if people want me to stop btw, I've heard some can be cranky about spam.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 1237, Cliff Booth wrote: TBH your whole stance on our 1v1 (if you can call it that) just seems like you sticking up for elements while giving no reasoning for it. For how "strange and useless" the ordeal seemed to you it really appears you're putting a questionable amount of effort into trying to convince people to like him more while still putting some distance between the two of you via readslist.
I was trying to justify my own gut reads by putting down some form of base analysis of your interactions by post but through that I realized how absolutely
bare
it is, and just due to the nature of my train-of-thought posting I realized how much effort I wasted in this attempt.
In post 1227, Carcalilly wrote: I'm going to be honest to myself and say this was a waste of time, but I already wrote it, so fuck.
And I'm aware that it looks scummy but if I had just gave up halfway and not posted it, it's kind of a waste, and I'd rather you think I'm scum that be THAT self critical about what I post and what might look "scummy" from me.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1021, Kop wrote:
In post 880, profii wrote:Let's go ISO by ISO and provide a short summary of each player because I'm bored and I feel like I haven't really analysed this game in any substantial way yet

I feel like some of these will be easier than others but what the hell...

1 Kop:
I'm surprised about his interest about my RVS vote, probs NAI though
Notable comment that he expects more than 1 NK
Naked vote on roster - note to self check later as this out of context when in ISO mode

2. Billy Pilgrim
Hehe liverpool fans on top of the player list - I'd lol if I was #3 (or jjd)
I get the carcass vote in context of first few pages
I also like that he retracts upon explanation
Note to self double check the supposed carca pm slip thing, assume negative due to no press but curious anyway...
Note to self - check why billy might like JJD

3.Cliff Booth
The main thing from this ISO is I wonder what I was close about Hopkirk with.. Cliff?

4. Rick Dalton
I have a way to read Rick which says town so far, wont be revealing my secrets here

5. Sharon Tate
Largely inactive. Did google the real sharon tate and read about her murder, you learn something new every day

6. Hectic
Miller claim, I'll make a call on this when some conflicting wagons and stuff make hectic pick a side. For now its irrelevenant
Interesting that he says I have picked guessed his alignment previously...

Eevee
My gut feeling is we do not see things in a similar way, is that AI? Unsure so far

Gamma
I dunno, always struggle to read gamma:(

Tired now. More later
I was wanting to clarify that game you were on about, I didn't have any recall to it at the time I asked the question. Curiosity killed the cat, I guess.
@profii: What'd you think of me now after I heroically came to rooster's aid earlier?
Basically, after I picked sides.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1004, Garmr wrote:Even through I haven't be vocal in my interactions.

1.I have a town read on judge dread His answer to my query made me feel warm about him.

2.Laid out a test for gamma i'll find out if his town or scum and I don't need to use any powers to do all it requires is a bit of faith in him.

Wait, doesn't your tracker crumb test fall apart by mentioning point 2?
If he's scum and spotted the breadcrumb, isn't this gonna tip him off that it was a test?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:44 am

Post by Hectic »

Page 42 was pretty entertaining.
Fine scumhunting from that Hipkork guy (Sorry if I got your name wrong, I'm really bad at remembering these).

On hold again.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1287, Hectic wrote:
In post 1004, Garmr wrote:Even through I haven't be vocal in my interactions.

1.I have a town read on judge dread His answer to my query made me feel warm about him.

2.Laid out a test for gamma i'll find out if his town or scum and I don't need to use any powers to do all it requires is a bit of faith in him.

Wait, doesn't your tracker crumb test fall apart by mentioning point 2?
If he's scum and spotted the breadcrumb, isn't this gonna tip him off that it was a test?
Did not think that through.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:04 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1282, Hectic wrote:
In post 1016, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 1002, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Garmr
Seems to be active but doesn't appear to be trying to scumhunt.
extra effort is not an obligation day 1.

If it was later, sure, but idk how I feel about this reasoning at this point in time.
Hmm, Garmr's sudden surge of scumhunting after Dave's post here is interesting.
Feel that's very slightly scum-indicative, but his reads seemed natural enough.
It wasn't a sudden surge of scum hunting. Most of it was done before Dave's post I just didn't vocalize it. You can see how I got those conclusion by going through my post.

Dave patting himself on the back over it is one reason I town read him. Since it seems like a genuine celebration not look how town I am kinda thing.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 1233, Carcalilly wrote:besides that I have a little list, in order. town top.

gamma
hectic/hopkirk
garmr
yag/profi
Bob/billy
Jjd
Dalton/Kop
Eevee/Eleme
Cliff
Dave/tchill

I'm aware I haven't explained the lowest end much yet. I'll do that someday. :)
Why is hectic so high?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 1291, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 1233, Carcalilly wrote:besides that I have a little list, in order. town top.

gamma
hectic/hopkirk
garmr
yag/profi
Bob/billy
Jjd
Dalton/Kop
Eevee/Eleme
Cliff
Dave/tchill

I'm aware I haven't explained the lowest end much yet. I'll do that someday. :)
Why is hectic so high?
This question still stands, because I liked Hectic's catch-up this morning, but this post was before his catch-up.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1261, EeveeLution Army wrote:
In post 1234, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Carcalilly
In post 1248, davesaz wrote:
In post 1244, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are people voting Carca
It's a better alternative to my old reaction to things that upset me.
UNVOTE:
This slightly upsets me. At least toss in another lynch if you're gonna back off so easily
It was an anger flash and I wanted to take it off before going to sleep.
I was tired enough to need that sleep before choosing, and didn't want to go back where I was.

Going by memory we're at 6-ish days until deadline?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Elements »

In post 3, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Deadline:
(expired on 2019-09-20 07:28:35)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1285, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 1237, Cliff Booth wrote: TBH your whole stance on our 1v1 (if you can call it that) just seems like you sticking up for elements while giving no reasoning for it. For how "strange and useless" the ordeal seemed to you it really appears you're putting a questionable amount of effort into trying to convince people to like him more while still putting some distance between the two of you via readslist.
I was trying to justify my own gut reads by putting down some form of base analysis of your interactions by post but through that I realized how absolutely
bare
it is, and just due to the nature of my train-of-thought posting I realized how much effort I wasted in this attempt.
In post 1227, Carcalilly wrote: I'm going to be honest to myself and say this was a waste of time, but I already wrote it, so fuck.
And I'm aware that it looks scummy but if I had just gave up halfway and not posted it, it's kind of a waste, and I'd rather you think I'm scum that be THAT self critical about what I post and what might look "scummy" from me.
Feels genuine. I often run up against a post that's written but not sure if I want to post it because it ends up not saying anything. Scum would be more likely to just drop the matter for fear of looking foolish.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am

Post by davesaz »

Hey my memory still works sometimes. :lol:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: Tchill
let's wagon here all aboard.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 1225, Cliff Booth wrote:Dave can't be scum in this game right
That would be a firm NO.
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 1244, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are people voting Carca
They probably aren't familiar with her play.
I AM THE LAW!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”