eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:29 am

Post by eth0s »

This is a lot to process. I wasn't aware of a flagbearer role before now. And being able to pair multiple speeddates is unusual, right?
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 am

Post by eth0s »

I also don't know if I buy it as being town aligned but this is giving me a lot more to consider.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Korina »

Tbh, my role makes little sense, but I’m just going with it. I was hoping to get scum by submitting pride flag because flagbearing roleblocker is such an obvious choice, but... eh
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Korina »

eth0s, I literally just explained what I’d do as scum. I’d just RNG every single pair, or later on, purposefully pair people with their scumreads. Additionally, if I’m scum, why do I claim I’m a flagbearer?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Korina »

Flagbearer implies I’m scum, and if you lynch me, all members of my faction die too.
It’d be so much easier for scum!me to just never mention that.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay, I need to think about this

I hate your claim, I can see that being a scum role over a town role most days, and I don’t like that you didn’t just claim the flagbearer instead of softing it. Also think you were misrepping eth0s during that argumen, but I read the PT with him first and he asked if I thought you were misrepping him so idk if I was primed to read it that way. Also don’t like elements, and I don’t like how he involved himself in that debate, plus I can see scum!you deciding to take heat on yourself rather than elements on account of thinking you’d have a better chance of surviving it than him.

On the other hand, I think that you’re different here to 1949 and you don’t seem like the kind of player who would shift your whole play just to avoid me reading you correctly, so I’m fairly inclined towards town for you based on that.

What do you think of elements?
Son of a Shepherd
Son of a Shepherd
Townie
Son of a Shepherd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Son of a Shepherd »

I must present you with the Eels of Forgiveness, Korina. I fully believe your claim now.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Menalque »

I would like mastina to comment too. Is she due a poke yet

@mod?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:35 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 253, Korina wrote:purposefully pair people with their scumreads.
I mean this gives said scumreads a chance to potential claim or reveal other private information to try and clear themselves so I don't honestly buy that this matters much.
In post 253, Korina wrote: Additionally, if I’m scum, why do I claim I’m a flagbearer?
So that we wouldn't lynch you?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Menalque »

God I fucking hate sorting mislynch bait but unless they’re all just scum (and I don’t think my luck is that good) I’m gonna have to with shepherd, ele, and TL
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37 am

Post by eth0s »

Why shep?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Elements »

In post 258, eth0s wrote:[
In post 253, Korina wrote: Additionally, if I’m scum, why do I claim I’m a flagbearer?
Day one that doesn't work. If there's some form of cop they just check him if there's any reasonable doubt about his alignment and get him lynched if scum.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 193, Menalque wrote:
In post 163, EspressoPatronum wrote: I agree that Korina was acting a bit weird at the beginning, but I don't like eth0s' vote there.
I did some digging on potential options for a pride flag flavour claim
+ don't like some of the possibilities for Korina's role.
That’s an odd thing to say. How exactly would you even do research? How do you think your research could be in any way reliable?
I searched 'negative utility' roles in the Mafiascum wiki. The wiki lists all roles and their general impact on town, so I'm pretty happy with its reliability.

[/quote]
In post 165, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 160, Korina wrote:I'm calling Mena town because I know how he played, since we played in a game together, (Newbie 1949), and his play is pretty damn similar in this game.
You should read his scum game in Pokemon Ruby Mafia.
Whats your point here EP?[/quote]

Aside from your tunneling in Ruby, I'd say your town and scum play is pretty consistent. You're active and inquisitive regardless of alignment.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 am

In post 262, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 193, Menalque wrote:
In post 163, EspressoPatronum wrote: I agree that Korina was acting a bit weird at the beginning, but I don't like eth0s' vote there.
I did some digging on potential options for a pride flag flavour claim
+ don't like some of the possibilities for Korina's role.
That’s an odd thing to say. How exactly would you even do research? How do you think your research could be in any way reliable?
I searched 'negative utility' roles in the Mafiascum wiki. The wiki lists all roles and their general impact on town, so I'm pretty happy with its reliability.
In post 165, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 160, Korina wrote:I'm calling Mena town because I know how he played, since we played in a game together, (Newbie 1949), and his play is pretty damn similar in this game.
You should read his scum game in Pokemon Ruby Mafia.
Whats your point here EP?
Aside from your tunneling in Ruby, I'd say your town and scum play is pretty consistent. You're active and inquisitive regardless of alignment.
EBWOP
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 256, Son of a Shepherd wrote:I must present you with the Eels of Forgiveness, Korina. I fully believe your claim now.
This is a weird progression. I think it implies he believes korina!town which I think any towny should still be very sceptical of atm
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:40 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 261, Elements wrote:
Day one that doesn't work. If there's some form of cop they just check him if there's any reasonable doubt about his alignment and get him lynched if scum.
Okay I'm a moron. For some reason I conflated "potential negative utility" with being a mason, then after the claim I retained this idea that he would show guilty on an investigate result even if town-aligned.

UNVOTE: korina

We just run an investigative on them I guess.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:42 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 264, Menalque wrote:
In post 256, Son of a Shepherd wrote:I must present you with the Eels of Forgiveness, Korina. I fully believe your claim now.
This is a weird progression. I think it implies he believes korina!town which I think any towny should still be very sceptical of atm
If he believes that I agree but I just read that as him agreeing with the mechanics of the speed dating being from korina. Although you're probably right about the implication now that I think about it
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 264, Menalque wrote:
If he believes that I agree
with you
but I just read that as him agreeing with the mechanics of the speed dating being from korina. Although you're probably right about the implication now that I think about it
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 am

Post by eth0s »

ebwop^
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:46 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 265, eth0s wrote:
In post 261, Elements wrote:
Okay I'm a moron. For some reason I conflated "potential negative utility" with being a
miller
, then after the claim I retained this idea that he would show guilty on an investigate result even if town-aligned.

UNVOTE: korina

We just run an investigative on them I guess.
ebwop^
wow I really need to proofread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Korina »

In post 255, Menalque wrote:Okay, I need to think about this

I hate your claim, I can see that being a scum role over a town role most days, and I don’t like that you didn’t just
claim the flagbearer instead of softing it
. Also think you were misrepping eth0s during that argumen, but I read the PT with him first and he asked if I thought you were misrepping him so idk if I was primed to read it that way. Also don’t like elements, and I don’t like how he involved himself in that debate,
plus I can see scum!you deciding to take heat on yourself rather than elements on account of thinking you’d have a better chance of surviving it than him.

On the other hand, I think that you’re different here to 1949 and you don’t seem like the kind of player who would shift your whole play just to avoid me reading you correctly, so I’m fairly inclined towards town for you based on that.

What do you think of elements?
re:italized The point of softing it was to try to prevent my ability from ever activating. If scum know I'm a flagbearer, they kill me the first chance they get. I probably won't die tonight because I have no idea if my ability is active tonight, (nor when it even does activate), but N2+? Yea, I'm most likely the person to get shot at that point. I'm hoping the fact that not even me knowing what the effect is dissuades scum from doing so however.

re:bolded Think of it this way: If I'm scum, my most logical role to get is flagbearing restricted roleblocker. That'd mean my flagbearer ability is most likely unmodified, meaning if I'm lynched, my entire faction dies as well. That means I don't want to be the center of attention. That means I want to lurk as heavily as possible and draw as little attention to myself as humanly possible. Me putting heat on myself to protect a scumbuddy isn't something I'd do if I know that means I can instantly lose the game.

Regarding elements, he's currently pretty scummy imo. I don't really like his posts atm, but I do wanna get others to participate before voting him.
UNVOTE:

Pedit:
eth0s wrote:So that we wouldn't lynch you?
If I'm a flagbearer and I have a weak claim, (eg restricted/modified roleblocker, cop, etc.), there is no reason why town
shouldn't
lynch me. If I'm somehow town, we probably lose a few townies, but not the entire town. If I'm scum, guess what? That's an entire scum-faction down! Therefore, if I'm a flagbearer, I have to either not claim flagbearer, or make such a ridiculous claim with flagbearer that it's actually believable that I could be a town.

Additionally, flagbearer is pretty much only aligned with scumfactions. Rarely is it aligned with town. If it is, and it kills the entire town, then it's a bastard role. This game isn't bastard, so we can safely assume I don't kill the entire town.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:54 am

Post by eth0s »

Wait so if you die period, whether it be by NK or lynch, more of your faction will die? But if it's a lynch then the WHOLE faction dies?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:56 am

Post by eth0s »

If it isn't activated yet then couldn't a vig just shoot you for safety? Or is the play to keep you healed or jailed or what? Obviously we don't want protector roles to claim but if we don't know that we have any then isn't letting you live a giant risk in of itself for the future of the game, assuming you are town?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:57 am

Post by eth0s »

Sorry that I am totally lost here. I very rarely play theme games. I think this is my 2nd or 3rd? I can't remember if FFB was considered theme, but if not this is only my second one I think. And the first one was a disaster full of mod error.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:00 am

In post 272, eth0s wrote:If it isn't activated yet then couldn't a vig just shoot you for safety? Or is the play to keep you healed or jailed or what? Obviously we don't want protector roles to claim but if we don't know that we have any then isn't letting you live a giant risk in of itself for the future of the game, assuming you are town?
These are great questions. Town ping from eth0s for this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”