Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1510, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1509, Beta Sapphire wrote:I mean I’d rather we townread each other and just lynch scum?

But I don’t give a shit about the deadline thing really, it’s the second para I didn’t like. I don’t like you being so okay about any of three, that seems scummy. Like, if we’re heading towards a lynch you don’t like the fight it. That’s a very fence sitty post

Idk why you’re being so concerned with my read on you when I’m not even pushing you? That also pings me as insecure scum.

I felt like you were softing onto tris while leaving the option to switch back to RCE if it looks inevitable

-M
I mostly try and townhunt. So those three are outside my townreads and I was ok lynching any of the three. I wouldn't have been good with a Lynch on a number of people, including yourself, but you didn't seem like an option. I made it clear that I didn't want to Lynch Plat Phoe and that my slot wouldn't be voting there. Yeah my other head was, but I tried to make it clear we weren't voting there. We agreed on Tris and RCE and wanted Ben. So I don't think I was being as fence sitty as you're suggesting here. If you're reading the head disagreement as fence-sitting then that's a bit more understandable.

Was the fact that I was comfortable with either RCE or Tris completely unbelievable? We're either of those slots screaming town to you?

I wanted you to focus on me and explain that because what I find easiest to read are people's cases against me. Because I know what I do during a game, I know when I make decisions that are questionable, so I feel like it gives me a better base to assess motives. So I try and engage when people are expressing reads about me without explaining.

BP
Where's the progression? You were townreading me the day before to some extent then you decide "yup yup he's scum" because Elements voted you and pressure was going up - and you focusing on us is probably because you think we're the next easiest lynch

-Plat
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If nobody’s got any other points to bring up i’m going to stay comfortable with voting NaCL.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 am

Post by Unstuck in Time »

In post 1567, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh yeah, NaCL wanted to vote benhalkum didn’t he? And then he quickhammered a townie PR.

VOTE: NaCL
Is your vote based on the fact that he quickhammered town, or was it based on the fact that he quickhammered a or?

BP
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1602, Unstuck in Time wrote:or was it based on the fact that he quickhammered a or?
?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Elements »

was it based on the fact he quickhammered or that it was a pr
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1604, Elements wrote:was it based on the fact he quickhammered or that it was a pr
- Phoenix
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:23 am

In post 1603, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1602, Unstuck in Time wrote:or was it based on the fact that he quickhammered a or?
?

Or should read pr. Sorry, that's a phone autocorrect, he didn't build us an operating room.

BP
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 2.1
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch

NaCl (2) ~
Unstuck in Time (2) ~
Platinum Phoenix (1) ~

RCEnigma (1) ~

not voting (4) ~
NaCl, RCEnigma, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald

deadline:
(expired on 2019-09-30 08:55:00)
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:34 am

In post 1600, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 1510, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1509, Beta Sapphire wrote:I mean I’d rather we townread each other and just lynch scum?

But I don’t give a shit about the deadline thing really, it’s the second para I didn’t like. I don’t like you being so okay about any of three, that seems scummy. Like, if we’re heading towards a lynch you don’t like the fight it. That’s a very fence sitty post

Idk why you’re being so concerned with my read on you when I’m not even pushing you? That also pings me as insecure scum.

I felt like you were softing onto tris while leaving the option to switch back to RCE if it looks inevitable

-M
I mostly try and townhunt. So those three are outside my townreads and I was ok lynching any of the three. I wouldn't have been good with a Lynch on a number of people, including yourself, but you didn't seem like an option. I made it clear that I didn't want to Lynch Plat Phoe and that my slot wouldn't be voting there. Yeah my other head was, but I tried to make it clear we weren't voting there. We agreed on Tris and RCE and wanted Ben. So I don't think I was being as fence sitty as you're suggesting here. If you're reading the head disagreement as fence-sitting then that's a bit more understandable.

Was the fact that I was comfortable with either RCE or Tris completely unbelievable? We're either of those slots screaming town to you?

I wanted you to focus on me and explain that because what I find easiest to read are people's cases against me. Because I know what I do during a game, I know when I make decisions that are questionable, so I feel like it gives me a better base to assess motives. So I try and engage when people are expressing reads about me without explaining.

BP
Where's the progression? You were townreading me the day before to some extent then you decide "yup yup he's scum" because Elements voted you and pressure was going up - and you focusing on us is probably because you think we're the next easiest lynch

-Plat
That's probably fair. I don't think I have a great progression here. I was townleaning you yesterday based on how you handled that wagon, but that doesn't mean you're not scum. And I feel like your explanation for voting me wasn't good.

Also, if our slot is scum here who are scum with? Vork seemed like he got to me with a case based on our vote progression. And that seems consistent. When you were being wagoned, you were looking for associationals to try and deflate the wagon. Now when it comes to my slot, you're not really looking at how my slot has interacted or been interacted with. If I'm scum don't you think I could have gotten a bit more traction with my Ben wagon? I mean, that slot wasn't great. But it didn't even build up. So I think my slot is the new low hanging fruit and you were sophisticated enough to pick up on it. And then you left yourself outs in the form of RCE when I flipped town. So I don't know how strong a progression that is, but there was something fishy about your push that didn't feel that way with Vork.

BP
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1602, Unstuck in Time wrote:Is your vote based on the fact that he quickhammered town, or was it based on the fact that he quickhammered a PR?
I don't think Tris gave much indication about having a PR, so that part isn't too relevant in incriminating any voters. But quick-hammering when there was still time left for discussion is. And i don't feel good about the slot in general since NaCL has mostly been scum reading townies for bad reasons. He strongly advocated lynching Benhalkum (a townie). And he also scum reads me because "my tone is off" like he puts it. He also targets Vorkuta, though i'm not too sure about that slot so i'll leave this alone for the benefit of the doubt, but point is that from my perspective NaCL is looking very anti-town.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Vorkuta »

I hate how UiT is telling my that my 'voting pattern' case on him is a good case....
UNVOTE:

dammit I thought I was onto something.
Ah well, I'll take another townlean

norskie seems to be doing a decent/genuine job of spearheading D2- nice to see him getting into his groove. I approve

I don't know how I feel about fake-PP and whatever the "progression" argument about him is, but I initially went trying to analyze the voting from EoD1 under the impression that he was scum and was saved only due to a last minute CFD on to tris, but I don't think that gave me anything nice

The rest of my town-block has yet to show itself and idk where they went
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Volume 3, day 2 edition

{PP, GE, S_S}
{UiT, NorskEE}
{fake-PP}
{NaCl}
{RCE, Hop, BS}

Top tier stays.
PP being V/LA and not solving/helping/arguing/
shitposting
almost made me forget my impression of him, but not enough to demote him down to a town lean
S_S's impulsive vote on NaCl during day-start is meh and not something I'm used to but yeah

UiT went down, then UiT went back up as explained just in ^.
I don't think scum!UiT successfully goes "huh, that's a legit case" so I'm at a loss

fake-PP gets a purely null tier as I legit have just as many arguments for him being town as for scum and it literally depends on which side of the bed I wake up on

NaCl's been scummy/political/ugly sure, but tbh I think the lol!hammer didn't come from desperate scum, but from... bored/disengaged/uninspired/"fuck-it-let's-go-to-D2-already" town. At least that's my experience with most lol!hammers.
He also pointed out that tris outloud said "bye, won't be back until deadline" so.... idk

Hop's heads are hard. That's pretty much it.
I won't accuse them of hiding behind their trolling/memeing/sarcasm because they're done well in terms of reads and justification, but my gut does not agree with the duo.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Explain the Beta Sapphire scumread?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1166, Vorkuta wrote:{BS, Ben}
Copypasting from ^ is hard
Also counting is hard
Also lack of explanation for BS scum read is self explanatory
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 am

Lol.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1610, Vorkuta wrote:The rest of my town-block has yet to show itself and idk where they went
Gotta say- you being beetle-juiced in here and not having anything else for us kind of concerns/pings me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:09 am

What do you want from me?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Vorkuta »

idk you've obv!towned yourself to me... maybe do that to a few other people?
meh I think you're universally town!read so that's alright

Uh.. solve game? Provide pressure with votes?
You usually activate sometime D2~D3, so can we move up that timeline please?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Vorkuta »

I'll start- thoughts on UiT v fPP?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Vork
Does S_S really deserve that high of a town ranking? I've been thinking about this, and something about him has been bothering me. I feel like he has received this unanimous consensus about his towniness i'm not sure is all that deserving. When you think about it, his ISO mostly just shows him frequently posting random tidbits of information and simple questions that ultimately don't reveal much of anything. Not too mention the strong lack of any sort of analysis or hard conclusions. He seems like the sort of guy that's more concerned about his own image than actually solving the game. Ergo= kinda scummy.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Vorkuta »

@norskie

I'll take that under advisement and get back to you in a bit
Would exactly the same logic apply to PP as well?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:22 am

In post 1618, Vorkuta wrote:I'll start- thoughts on UiT v fPP?
UIT's town. I can't really get a bead on Platinum. I don't get town-chennis feels, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to given the short time I've been in this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 am

Most of the stuff you laid out in this post is just the way that I play, exacerbated by my being a relatively late replacement.

Don't really see how that relates to image though? The image of a stereotypical townie is one who is making pushes, forming reads, and getting things done. Sniping at the sidelines is certainly not how you gain trust from people unfamiliar with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 am

In post 1617, Vorkuta wrote:Provide pressure with votes?
I'm voting on the joint largest wagon. Something which is quite unusual for me, too.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1620, Vorkuta wrote:@norskie

I'll take that under advisement and get back to you in a bit
Would exactly the same logic apply to PP as well?
Yes it does actually. PP is another good example.

Return to “Completed Open Games”