NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 1609, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1602, Unstuck in Time wrote:Is your vote based on the fact that he quickhammered town, or was it based on the fact that he quickhammered a PR?
I don't think Tris gave much indication about having a PR, so that part isn't too relevant in incriminating any voters. But quick-hammering when there was still time left for discussion is. And i don't feel good about the slot in general since NaCL has mostly been scum reading townies for bad reasons. He strongly advocated lynching Benhalkum (a townie). And he also scum reads me because "my tone is off" like he puts it. He also targets Vorkuta, though i'm not too sure about that slot so i'll leave this alone for the benefit of the doubt, but point is that from my perspective NaCL is looking very anti-town.
Do tell me what discussion I stopped? Because first of all, it wasn't like people were discussing things much in the first place, Tris wasn't coming back, and there was like less than 12 hours when I hammered. And I'm not scumreading you just for your tone, it's because your voting patterns are scummy. You're trying to discredit my points with bad reasoning, given that your vote was on Tris as well.

Other stuff...
To be honest, though, it feels like I'm a 'safe' place for people to park their votes on, given how it happened yesterday as well.
I could vote for RCE, as it still seems no one shares my interest for a Norwegian lynch. I'm also kind of suspicious of Hoptic...hmm, I guess my lynchpool is similar to yours, Vorkuta.
If RCE is scum, Platinum Phoenix is probably also scum. Well, that's what I thought at first. But he took it back, so idk...
UiT, what do you mean by a viable lynch?
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1608, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1600, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 1510, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1509, Beta Sapphire wrote:I mean I’d rather we townread each other and just lynch scum?

But I don’t give a shit about the deadline thing really, it’s the second para I didn’t like. I don’t like you being so okay about any of three, that seems scummy. Like, if we’re heading towards a lynch you don’t like the fight it. That’s a very fence sitty post

Idk why you’re being so concerned with my read on you when I’m not even pushing you? That also pings me as insecure scum.

I felt like you were softing onto tris while leaving the option to switch back to RCE if it looks inevitable

-M
I mostly try and townhunt. So those three are outside my townreads and I was ok lynching any of the three. I wouldn't have been good with a Lynch on a number of people, including yourself, but you didn't seem like an option. I made it clear that I didn't want to Lynch Plat Phoe and that my slot wouldn't be voting there. Yeah my other head was, but I tried to make it clear we weren't voting there. We agreed on Tris and RCE and wanted Ben. So I don't think I was being as fence sitty as you're suggesting here. If you're reading the head disagreement as fence-sitting then that's a bit more understandable.

Was the fact that I was comfortable with either RCE or Tris completely unbelievable? We're either of those slots screaming town to you?

I wanted you to focus on me and explain that because what I find easiest to read are people's cases against me. Because I know what I do during a game, I know when I make decisions that are questionable, so I feel like it gives me a better base to assess motives. So I try and engage when people are expressing reads about me without explaining.

BP
Where's the progression? You were townreading me the day before to some extent then you decide "yup yup he's scum" because Elements voted you and pressure was going up - and you focusing on us is probably because you think we're the next easiest lynch

-Plat
That's probably fair. I don't think I have a great progression here. I was townleaning you yesterday based on how you handled that wagon, but that doesn't mean you're not scum. And I feel like your explanation for voting me wasn't good.

Also, if our slot is scum here who are scum with? Vork seemed like he got to me with a case based on our vote progression. And that seems consistent. When you were being wagoned, you were looking for associationals to try and deflate the wagon. Now when it comes to my slot, you're not really looking at how my slot has interacted or been interacted with. If I'm scum don't you think I could have gotten a bit more traction with my Ben wagon? I mean, that slot wasn't great. But it didn't even build up. So I think my slot is the new low hanging fruit and you were sophisticated enough to pick up on it. And then you left yourself outs in the form of RCE when I flipped town. So I don't know how strong a progression that is, but there was something fishy about your push that didn't feel that way with Vork.

BP
!!!!!

playing "if i'm scum who am i scum with" is something scum really likes to do

play spot the similarity with this post and viewtopic.php?p=11144389#p11144389/http ... #p11145277
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 pm

(i was scum in that game.)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Ill dedicate some time to this tomorrow, but I agree with plat here. My last scum game I used the same tactic as insurance or to obfuscate my associations. I'd link it but that will have to wait. Two strikes UiT.
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Unstuck in Time »

In post 1625, NaCl wrote:UiT, what do you mean by a viable lynch?
someone worth lynching

TL
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:30 pm

or at least a lynch there wouldn't be a complete mistake

TL
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Leaving out Vorkuta, who I think had a legit case, the two people that are reading or leaning my slot my slot as scummy today both had me in their townblock toward the end of day yesterday. And 1 of them (PP) tried to direct us to the other (RCEnigma) if I flip town. I don't know what to make of that.

BP
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Catching up here tomorrow...not a fan of how fake!PP's wagon dissapated on first glance though.
<(") | (")>
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1632, PenguinPower wrote:Catching up here tomorrow...not a fan of how fake!PP's wagon dissapated on first glance though.
At this point, tris has no votes whatsoever.
Then it goes like
Spoiler:
tris(1) -> +S_S #
fPP(5) -RCE #
fPP(4) -UiT #,
fPP(5) +tris #,
fPP(6) +RCE # ,
fPP(5), tris (2) +GE#,
tris (1) -S_S #
tris (2) +norskie #
tris (3) +fPP #
tris (4) +UiT #
tris (5) +vork
tris (6) +hop
tris (5) -vork
tris (4) -UiT
tris (5) +ben
tris (6) +UiT
tris (7) +NaCL

Here's how- I got bored closer to the end as you can tell
I'm quite used to the entire scum team getting and staying on a wagon early, but idk this time around
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You're used to playing with Boon. That stuff doesn't usually happen.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Vorkuta »

*pokes this game with a stick*
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1635, Vorkuta wrote:*pokes this game with a stick*
Weren't you supposed to "get back to me" about something in Post ?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Vorkuta »

I'm graciously allowing other people to chip in in order to help me read them
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m a bit confused about the criss-crossing scumreading here in day 2, so i’ve created this handy chart for myself. Here it is:

S_S
scumreads=
NaCL
VOTE:
UiT
scumreads=
Phoenix
VOTE: ,
RCE
, (Post
Nacl
might just be town that is a viable lynch anyway...”)
Vorkuta
scumreads=
RCE
Hoptic

Phoenix
scumreads=
UiT
RCE
NaCL

Hoptic
scumreads=
RCE
VOTE:
NaCL
scumreads=
Norwee
RCE
Hoptic

RCEnigma
=
UiT

PenguinPower
=
Phoenix

Norwee
scumreads=
NaCL
UiT

Gamma Emerald
scumreads= Nobody

VOTE: = (Voted)

Nobody scumreads:
Gamma Emerald
Penguinpower
Something_Smart
Vorkuta
<This could also be interesting to look at.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@RCEnigma Do you think the mafia targeted Beta Sapphire to intentionally lock you in a WIFOM?

- Bunno
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Hoptic »

you forgot I scumread NaCl

-Hop
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1640, Hoptic wrote:you forgot I scumread NaCl

-Hop
I analyzed every post from the beginning of day 2, so if you're referring to something you said on D1 it didn't factor into my equation. None of your D2 posts indicate suspicion towards NaCL. Though i know it now so thank you.

- Bunno
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Hoptic »

I've said stuff on d2?Huh.
Are we lynching RC yet?

-Hop
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:07 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I scumread Vorkuta as well. Town!Vorkuta would put more stuck in my reads instead of shading them all the way he's continued to do.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:08 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1639, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@RCEnigma Do you think the mafia targeted Beta Sapphire to intentionally lock you in a WIFOM?
Yes, UIT pushing that angle immediately at the day start solidifies that for me. I would expect the rest of the scumteam to push me as scum but try to ignore the wifom angle while 1 pushes it solo.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:04 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 1637, Vorkuta wrote:I'm graciously allowing other people to chip in in order to help me read them
Okay, Vorkuta, I'll talk with you now. My opinion on S_S isn't that he's super town, but more kinda null. Mostly because he seems to be parking his vote in weird places without putting actual pressure, although he doesn't seem to be actively pursuing an agenda. Though his push on me is bad, though I can't tell if it's serious or not.

Also, plan on answering ?

RCE, who do you think are the other scum that is pushing you, then? Since quite a few of us are suspicious of you.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1638, NorwegianboyEE wrote:handy chart
High effort, 10/10, why is my color so close to fakePP
In post 1643, RCEnigma wrote:Town!Vorkuta would put more stuck in my reads
Oh you have reads this game?
/s

And no- I'm not shading you.
You're just so completely passive and don't leave a strong and.... commanding impression that I'm used to from town!RCE (brought up 50 times and idk about what S_S has said about it), so your reads just don't.... register for me to shade them.

But fine- I'll play. Kindly point out where I've allegedly slighted you.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1645, NaCl wrote:Mostly because he seems to be parking his vote in weird places without putting actual pressure, although he doesn't seem to be actively pursuing an agenda
That's typical of town!S_S play though, and while unfortunately I can only back that up with meta, I think that lynching him today would be a poor town play just because of the hypothetical utility/solving-power he would bring come D3.
Like when the guy activates.... he activates.

Again- I'd rather he activate sooner rather than later so yours and norskie's 'attacks' on him don't completely ruin my townread of the slot, but idk- the guy needs time to warm up I suppose :P
In post 1645, NaCl wrote:Also, plan on answering 1596?
I thought I slightly answered it by reconsidering the slot, but AT THE TIME my reread of the events around EoD1 had me believe that he was scum!UiT desperate to push through literally any (mis)lynch just as long as it was a mislynch and he had 2/3 prime "lynch-bait" targets (ben, fPP, tris) to do that with.
In post 1596, NaCl wrote:Why is it more likely for scum to be late on both wagons as opposed to being early on Fake-PP?
S_S already "indirectly" replied to this.
It turns out the I've been playing a... 'disproportionate' amount of games where typical/traditional wagon composition isn't followed.
In post 1596, NaCl wrote:The way I see it, at least 1 scum was probably early on the wagon to have it be rushed up so quickly and then stalling out for a bit.
I very nicely and conveniently digested the wagon order and progression.

I'm just waiting for more people to seriously comment on what happened @EoD1.
-Was fPP scum and had a successful last minute redirect onto tris with his scum buddies? Was fPP even "bused"?
-Were like 2/3 scum on the town!fPP wagon and 1 of them moved to the tris wagon?
-Was the town!fPP wagon INITIATED by scum, (first ~2/3 people), or did they come later?
-Why wasn't fPP hammered baaaack in whenever? scum didn't want to bus? scum wanted a townie to hammer? scum was already entirely on the wagon?
Questions questions
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Vorkuta »

@hoptic

While trying to get my chronology straight, I stumbled upon this gem
In post 1524, Hoptic wrote:I'm kind of half-dead right now, but can we please lynch PenguinPower already? No idea why that wagon never formed honestly.

Like he's been very towny all game... almost
too
towny.
Has anyone else noticed how there haven't been many reasons to suspect him this game?
Well, I have, and this makes me very suspicious that he's a mafia who's just decided to do towny things this game to make everyone think he's town.
But actually he's mafia.

I think he's fooled most people in this game, but I see right through him like a rolecop on a doctor.

Anyone else up for this?

-Hectic
That you're not following up on.
The fact that you corrected norskie's list and omitted the ^ read is slightly suspicious and demonstrates that you.... dropped the ^ concerns.

Like I'll just come out and say it- this feels like you're throwing shade to see what sticks and if you have a shot and "mis"lynching OG-PP. I don't like my townblock being attacked like this so.....
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:59 pm

In post 1533, Hoptic wrote:Don't know what I was thinking when I posted that tbh, was a poor attempt of humour on my part.

Hope you have a good night of sleep, friend.

-Hectic

Return to “Completed Open Games”