Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What bedtime story should I tell Pandora, Ali?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Thats how you page top people, take fucking notes.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4201, popsofctown wrote:What bedtime story should I tell Pandora, Ali?
ever read the book with no pictures?

Give me a ring and ill read it over the phone, you can go beat it for a bit
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

Pops my favorite story
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ok Pandora will love it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by MariaR »

Ali do you need anything from me or can I lurk until day 3?
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

i mean
I'm ready to end the day ig
UNVOTE: xof
VOTE: dgb
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

today we lynch dgb
tomorrow we lynch xof ig
GTKAS
| here.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4206, MariaR wrote:Ali do you need anything from me or can I lurk until day 3?
Have you voted? Last VC says no, but im lazy and didnt look at post # or anything after.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4207, Alisae wrote:I'm ready to end the day ig
so we're not waiting for fruit shit to resolve?
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4210, Krazy wrote:
In post 4207, Alisae wrote:I'm ready to end the day ig
so we're not waiting for fruit shit to resolve?
oh yeah
i forgot
GTKAS
| here.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 4209, Formerfish wrote:
In post 4206, MariaR wrote:Ali do you need anything from me or can I lurk until day 3?
Have you voted? Last VC says no, but im lazy and didnt look at post # or anything after.
I voted DGB yeah.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@Titus: type Bargain: Roleblocker Fruit in bold when you see this
"Well, I..."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3940, Chickadee wrote:What the fuck did I just come back to??

@Mena - you were super keen on fruit yesterday, and now you seem completely uninterested. Why?
No, I wanted to deny you fruit because I didn't like the way you hopped on immediately. Also I wasn't lying lol, I really wanted to get neighbouriser in particular, roleblocker is like my least favourite power
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

also I only skimmed the last ~10 pages, but Krazy I thought that you ranked Xofelf as the most likely target for Ank, not me? if that's right, why the flip in your opinion
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4175, Pink Ball wrote:@krazy if I were a hider in this game I would try to confirm town instead of proving that one of my scumreads is scum, especially if the rest of the playerlist don't have enough info on who I checked.

Yes, I have played with both scum and town Mena. I think this is town Mena. I was paranoid he was trying to ressemble his town game with me and he would try to pocket me, but no, that's not the case, I don't feel pocketed at all, he's just town again.
I'm feeling better about you now because I can understand town!you being paranoid about scum!me trying to pocket you (esp as I think one of the reasons why pine might have brought me in would be for me to try and hard pocket you (and maybe Krazy?)) plus I do think scum you does probably just outright go for it and pocket me rather than give me doubts early on.

I still have a couple of reservations, I think along similar lines to your feelings about ducky, but yeah, I think you're town now
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

Krazy, also, talk to me about why Ank uses her hider to try and find scum instead of hiding behind town? I don't know her v well (obviously) so I'd like to know why you think that's a more likely play
from her specifically
?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4215, Menalque wrote:also I only skimmed the last ~10 pages, but Krazy I thought that you ranked Xofelf as the most likely target for Ank, not me? if that's right, why the flip in your opinion
? I think the only person who argued xof was a possible crumb target was Ari
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4217, Menalque wrote:Krazy, also, talk to me about why Ank uses her hider to try and find scum instead of hiding behind town? I don't know her v well (obviously) so I'd like to know why you think that's a more likely play
from her specifically
?
Because I think she would want higher impact early in the game; when she gets going, she puts a lot of energy into her pushes, so if she really thinks that going into day 2 she would be likely to drive a lynch on someone, she would not waste a hide on a likely inno, she'd want to make sure she wasn't going to waste her effort and thought during the day on a bad read. Correcting a bad read is way more important (or confirming a guilty)... I also feel like Ank is not super concerned with dying if she feels it will get her a guilty, given she has been reducing her number of games anyway. Like she gets dragged into a lot of hydras so suiciding for a guilty doesn't really seem like something she'd be dramatically opposed to. She also seemed kinda frustrated that her read on you was being ignored, frankly.
vote conspiracy
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

Final point is that I'm kind of less sure about everything this game due to having far weaker relationships with the majority of people here than most other players in the game, which makes me less confident on who I think pine would pick, and gives me less meta to draw from in who should be where. On the upside of that, I doubt scum plays with me in mind this game.

One thing I don't like is the interactions between ducky, dann, chicka, and Krazy. It's hard to put my finger on, but there seems like there's a lot of coordination there. I think if someone was pocketing me, dann is a likely target because we've played together and I think I was hard TRing him there quite quickly. I don't like that he's the one chicka added, and I don't like how he and ducky seem to be driving things in a certain direction.

That said, I also don't like the self-vote from DGB (for obvious reasons). Mastina changing her claim isn't good, but also seems like something Mastina would do? I mostly don't love Mastina because I think she's been less incisive than when I've played with town her/3rd party her. I don't really have a read on Xof but I guess it could be distancing?

Pretty much none of my reads are strong enough for me to fight anyone on them, and I wasn't particularly sure that lld was scum (mostly because I know she has a reputation as a
very
strong scum player, so I didn't think she'd implode like that on D1 quite so spectacularly -- in fact, that makes me feel like it could have been an intentional throw to give towncred to people who hard pushed her early, but we'll see).

I know this is kind of hedgy and non-committal, but I'm not confident enough in my own reads to go against town consensus when it could just be that I'm getting bad feels because the group in the first four (ducky, dann, Krazy, chicka) are just mind melding, but I wanted to put this out there for discussion.

Also, don't like that based on my Ank thinking two people from that group were very viable hider targets for her.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4216, Menalque wrote:I think one of the reasons why pine might have brought me in would be for me to try and hard pocket you
Where did you succeed in pocketing PB before?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4220, Menalque wrote:Also, don't like that based on my Ank thinking two people from that group were very viable hider targets for her.
I kinda feel like you arguing that Ank hid behind Chicka or duck is fearmongering
vote conspiracy
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4218, Krazy wrote:
In post 4215, Menalque wrote:also I only skimmed the last ~10 pages, but Krazy I thought that you ranked Xofelf as the most likely target for Ank, not me? if that's right, why the flip in your opinion
? I think the only person who argued xof was a possible crumb target was Ari
oh, I mixed you up then, my bad
In post 4219, Krazy wrote:
In post 4217, Menalque wrote:Krazy, also, talk to me about why Ank uses her hider to try and find scum instead of hiding behind town? I don't know her v well (obviously) so I'd like to know why you think that's a more likely play
from her specifically
?
Because I think she would want higher impact early in the game; when she gets going, she puts a lot of energy into her pushes, so if she really thinks that going into day 2 she would be likely to drive a lynch on someone, she would not waste a hide on a likely inno, she'd want to make sure she wasn't going to waste her effort and thought during the day on a bad read. Correcting a bad read is way more important (or confirming a guilty)... I also feel like Ank is not super concerned with dying if she feels it will get her a guilty, given she has been reducing her number of games anyway. Like she gets dragged into a lot of hydras so suiciding for a guilty doesn't really seem like something she'd be dramatically opposed to. She also seemed kinda frustrated that her read on you was being ignored, frankly.
I'd say her read was softening on me considerably, actually. Look at . But significantly, look at . In point 4, she speculates that she's probably a NK for scum
in midgame
. If she was planning to target her SRs and was confident in them then she would, I think, be suggesting that she'd be a NK for scum early on/dead early on. So imo she's suggesting she targeted town N1 and got it wrong.

In that same post, she's acknowledging that (1) we haven't played and (2) if this is my play style then it throws up a lot of false positives for her. She may not understand what made me towny, but she was willing to listen and talk about it. I'm not arguing that she wasn't SRing me by the end of D1, but I think she was less sure of that than she was during our early interaction, and so I don't think she targets me without a late day crumb to reconfirm that.

Plus, rereading her ISO now, I see that she also had doubts about you and about dann (earlier in the day) while she was TRing ducky strongly enough to want him to have watcher.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4221, Krazy wrote:
In post 4216, Menalque wrote:I think one of the reasons why pine might have brought me in would be for me to try and hard pocket you
Where did you succeed in pocketing PB before?
in pfup I think we consistently TR each other from early D1 despite some late game paranoia in both directions

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”